Chapter 25

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 25


Sung Gyu

"Put more sugar hyung! That's not for humans to eat!" Woohyun exclaimed.

"I would appreciate if you'll be more considerate for the novice. This is definitely not my thing and I'm just doing this for Se Yi since she likes to cook too."

Today, we're on our kitchen and Woohyun's helping me bake a red velvet cake because its Se Yi's favorite. Her birthday is on the third week and I'm not gonna make it so I just decided to prepare a surprise for her.

"Well, the expert is telling you to just continue what you're doing and just do everything that I will say if you want your angel to sing you a praise okay?" he taps me shoulder and winked. Uggh, goose bumps.

"Stop. I might throw up on this."

"Well, bad for Se Yi then~" I rolled my eyes and groaned. Goodness, I can't believe I have him for a friend.

"We're back!" We heard Myung came back with Gran from the supermarket. "So, how's the cake going?"

"Your brother's totally not gifted in cooking Myung. I bet if I'm not here, you're house might be ashes right now. He can't even operate the oven well." Myungsoo laughs.

"Don't worry Gyu, I'm sure that the cake that you'll give Se Yi will be very delicious." I smiled. Grandmothers always know the best.

"Thanks Gran!"

"Granny?" I gasp. Shoot, Se Yi's here. I ran to the front door to go to her.

"Hyung!" Woohyun called. "Give me your apron!"

Oh right. Aish. "Thanks!" I replied as I toss my apron to him.

"Gra- oh? Oppa? You're here? I thought you're at Woohyun's."

"O...Oh I uh.. I just left something so I came to get it back."

"Oh," she tilts her head to the side and stared at my hand. "Why are you holding a mixer?"

"Mixer? Wha-" Oh shoot. I'm such a klutz. "Oh! T..This is what I left haha!"

"Oh, well can you give this to Granny? I got her some herbal tea while I'm at the hospital earlier."

"Thanks. Why are you at the hospital earlier?"

"I don't feel well so Mom accompanied me. I got my blood checked and they say that I'm anemic and I got it from Mom. I have to sleep more."

"I see..."

She chuckled. "Oppa, It's not like I got diagnosed for a cancer or anything."

"Hey, I'm worried." she smiles.

"I know. You're always are." I laugh. "I've got to go oppa. See you later!"

"Hey!" I called when she turned away.

"Yes?"

"That's it?" she looks at me confused and walks back.

"I don't get what you mean oppa."

"Other girls would kiss their boyfriends goodbye you know?" she chuckled.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Forget it. Bye."

"I'm just joking," she said and kissed me on my cheek. "There. Can I go now?"

"Yep." she smiles and turns. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Forever."

"Forever oppa."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

After I came from Sung Gyu oppa's house, Mom prepared me some soup to eat. She kinda freaked out after she knew that I got the anemia thing from her. We stopped at the supermarket and bought three different herbs, liver and fruits. "Eat this. I'll prepare some tea for you too. I'll cook some liver for dinner. They say that it's really effective for your blood."

I laugh. "Mom, breathe. I'm not dying okay? I'm just anemic."

"Se Yi, trust me. You have to take care of yourself. I am anemic too so I know. If you don't, you'll collapse."

"Okay okay. I got it, so you have to relax okay?"

"What's cooking?"

"Yeah, we can smell herbs from the front door."

"Dad! Unnie! Welcome back!" I rushed to them and hugs them.

"Oppa, Se Yi's anemic. What should we do?" Mom said.

"OH MY GOD! SE YI?! ARE YOU OKAY? DID SOMETHING HURT? TELL UNNIE!" Dad and I laughed.

"Now I know why you're Mom's cooking all of that." Dad said. "Se Mi relax. We'll take care of her and nothing's going to happen to her. "

"But still.." Mom frowned.

"Hey, she'll be alright. Right princess?"

"Yeah Mom. Unnie too. I'll be fine so don't worry." Mom sighs.

"Fine. But you'll have to eat what I will tell you to eat got it?"

"Yeah! I'll help you with that Mom!"

I shake my head in disbelief. These guys really. "Oh?" I felt my phone vibrated so I checked it.

From: Gyu oppa
9/29/14 6:30 PM

Wear something nice tonight.


I re-read the text. Is something going to happen? My birthday's still next next week. What is this for?

To: Gyu oppa

What for? Are we going on a date?

From: Gyu oppa
9/29/14 6:34 PM


Just wear something nice. And you can say it as a date. Leave your window open tonight.

My eyes widen. I don't have a good feeling about this.

To: Gyu oppa

I don't have a good feeling of what will happen...

From: Gyu oppa
9/29/14 6:37 PM


Oh my goodness. You're making me sound like a ert. I'm not going to do something bad okay? Just do as I say Se Yi. See you later.

To: Gyu oppa

Okay then..

 

After sending the text, I headed to the room and saw a box on my bed. I took it and opened it. It's dress. Did oppa bought this? I opened my phone and texted him.

 

To: Gyu oppa

Did you just go to my room?

From: Gyu oppa
9/29/14 6:45 PM


Not exactly. I got someone to step in your room for me. Did you like the dress?

To: Gyu oppa

You're freaking me out. What's the occassion? And yes I love the dress. Thank you. I love you!!

From: Gyu oppa
9/29/14 6:48 PM


Geez. I told you it's a secret and you're welcome. I love you more angel.


I smile at his text. He's so sweet. I took the dress and look at myself in the mirror. The dress is lovely. I don't know care what will happen but I can't wait until he comes over my house.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I sat on my chair and tried to read my book but I find myself glancing at my window. I find myself so idiotic at the act. Goodness, I look at it every second. I groaned and threw myself on my bed wearing the dress that he gave me.

"It's 9 o'clock and he's still not here.. I'm getting sleepy.." I yawned and hugged my pillow. He's so slow and I'm starting to lose all of my patience. I sighed and I find myself sleeping.

 

Sung Gyu

I opened the window and stepped inside. I placed all of my things down and chuckled. "Took you long enough to sleep angel. Sorry, I just need time to set things up. Just sleep for a while okay?" I said and kissed her on her forehead.

I took the food out from the basket and placed the cloth on the floor. I don't want to be scolded by putting her room in a mess. I took out the wine, the wine glass and the cake that I baked earlier. After that, I set up the lighting stars that Woohyun gave me. Se Yi loves stars so I bought it. I place it on her ceiling with the help of her table, thank you very much. I smiled seeing the set. She'll love this. I climbed on her bed and watched her sleep. She's so lovely and it's making me fall for her even more. I tuck a lock of hair into her ear and kissed her cheeks. She nudges and opens her eyes.

"...Wha- Oh my goodness." I chuckled at her reaction.

"Hello angel."

"How long have you been here? Oh my god, I'm sorry if I fell asleep! I'm so sorry!"

"Well actually, I've been here before 8."

"Before 8?" she looks at her clock then back at me. "What?! I've been waiting for you for ages! Where were you?!"

I laughed. "Yeah, you're so cute looking at the window every second. I love it when you wait for Me." she flushes and clears . So cute.

"Y..You saw that?"

I nod. "Yeah. I've been hiding in your terrace waiting for you to fall asleep."

"Why?"

"See for yourself."

She looks at her room and gasps. "Oh my god. It's beautiful!" she jumps out of her bed and sat on the floor. "You made this?"

"Well, yes."

"Oh my goodness it's red velvet!"

"Yeah. You love it right?"

She nods. "Look above you." she did as she was told.

"Wow. Just wow." I smiled and hugged her.

"I prepared this because I won't be here on your birthday. As much as I wanted to Se Yi I can't." she smiled and hugs me back.

"It's alright. The earlier you go the earlier you go back right? So come back to me fast."

"I will." I smiled and kissed her. I pull her close and hug her tightly as I continue to kiss her. After a while, I pulled back.

"I want to eat the cake."

"Okay then." I sat on the floor and patted the seat next to me. I grabbed the knife and sliced a piece then gave it to her. "Here. Taste it. If it doesn't taste nice, give it back."

She laughs. "Why do you insult yourself? Did you taste it?"

"Uh, not yet."

"Then be quiet. I'm going to eat it." I smiled and watch her eat. "Who are you kidding oppa? It's delicious! Here taste it." she hands me the fork and makes me eat the piece of cake. She's not kidding I did a great job.

"Wow."

"Told you." she said. I grab the glass and poured a glass of wine for both of us.

"Here," I said handing her the glass of wine. "Happy Birthday angel."

She smiles and takes the glass. "Thank you."

"I have your gift."

"Me?"

"Yes. Here." I gave her a small box and let her open it.

"I...It's a ring." I laugh.

"I'm not proposing okay? It's just a gift. It's an infinity ring."

"Oh.."

"But hey," I took her hand and placed it on my lap. "It's a yet. It'll happen in the future." she smiles and nodded.

"Put it on me."

"Okay then." I took the ring and placed it on her middle finger.

"Thank you. It's beautiful all of this."

"You’re welcome."

"I love you."

"I love you too so much angel."

"Forever."

"Forever."


∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

Last night was my best day ever. I received the sweetest gift that I could get. The infinity ring, the dress, the cake, the stars and oppa. I'm lucky to have him.

"Se Yi! Come down! Breakfast is ready!"

"Yes!" I replied to Mom. I grabbed my hand and my bag then headed downstairs when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Shin Se Yi." I dropped my bag in fear. It's the person that I don't want to hear the voice of.

"What do you want?" The stillness in my voice is different. I'm not afraid of Father anymore. I'm mad at him, so mad that I could kill him. He doesn't know how hard for me my past years are. He doesn't know how much I have suffered blaming myself of Mom's death but it turns out that she's going to die anyways. I hate how much he made me suffer all of these years.

"Heh~ you're not trembling huh?"

"I'm asking what do you need."

"Well, when can you see me?"

"W..What?"

"What? I wanted to see my daughter."

I clench my fist in anger. "I'm not your daughter."

He laughs. "Oh~ Se Yi, you've become cold huh? Okay then, shall I see Jinhee then?"

"No! Don't put unnie on this. I'll meet you when I'm ready."

"Okay then. See you." he said then hangs up. I sighed and sat on the floor. I have to finish this once and for all.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Whoa~ it's good to back!" Sungyeol exclaimed and exhales while he pulls his luggage. "Okay then! Now for some welcoming remarks for Lee Sungyeol, who will be the lucky one?"

He grinned as he scrolls down into his contacts then stopped. "Eheh~ aren't you one lucky girl Shin Se Yi?"