3

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 3


"Oh? Se Yi! Oppa!" Jinhee called and approached them.

"Oh, Jinhee!" Lay waved. "Did you finished your class?"

"Yeah. It ." Lay laughed.

'I have to go then. English is next.' Se Yi signed.

"Oh is that so? See you later then Se Yi!"

Se Yi nodded and headed to the classroom. A smile appeared to her face seeing Sung Gyu already on his place. She walked to her place and tapped Sung Gyu.

"Oh? You're here?" she smiled and nodded. "Oh right Se Yi, I though of a story line in our story. Can you check it?"

She nodded and took the notebook that he is handing her. "So? How is it?"

Se Yi took her phone and texted Sung Gyu.

Se Yi: I like it oppa. A girl from the past and a boy from the present. I'm getting ideas from your storyline.

Sung Gyu: Really? That's great then!

Se Yi: But how did you come up with the storyline?

Sung Gyu smiled and tapped a book. Se Yi looked at him then at the book.

Se Yi: So it's from our favorite book? ^^

Sung Gyu nodded. *A man from the past and a girl from the present..* Se Yi's heart fell.

"Tragic." Sung Gyu flinched.

*D..Did she just talk?!* He faced Se Yi and stared at her.

"Se Yi, did you just-" Sung Gyu was cut off by their professor so he sighed.

*I'm positive that I just heard her talk just now.*

Sung Gyu waited for the class to end. What happened earlier is bothering him. He's positive that he just heard Se Yi talk just now. It's not like he doesn't want to hear her talk. It just surprise him to hear her talk, he heard her voice and it's beautiful.

As the professor promised, the class ended twenty minutes before time. Sung Gyu didn't wasted this opportunity to ask Se Yi about what happened so he did.

"Se Yi." he called. She look at him and smiled.

"Umm.. Earlier.. Did you just talked?" Se Yi shot him a confused look. She picked her phone and texted Sung Gyu.

Se Yi: Me? I talked?

Sung Gyu: Yeah.. You're voice. I'm positive that I heard it.

Se Yi: What did I say?

Sung Gyu: Tragic.

Se Yi stopped for a moment. *Did I really say that?*

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After class, Se Yi together with Jinhee and Lay, headed to the hospital for Se Yi's treatment. She's been acting different and the two noticed it.

"Se Yi, you okay? You're acting strange." Lay asked.

She nodded and smiled. After a while, they arrived at the hospital. "We'll wait for you here okay?" Jinhee said.

Se Yi nodded and went in. "Oh? Se Yi-ah!" The psychologist, Ahn Shin Hye greeted.

Se Yi bowed and took a sit. "So, how's school?"

'It's okay Shin Hye-ssi.' she signed. Dr. Ahn was the one who helped her learn sign language so it's easy for them to communicate.

"I guessing that something is bothering you."

'You really are a psychologist Shin Hye-ssi.' Dr. Ahn chuckled.

"So what is it?"

'Ealier.. At school. My classmate told me that I just talked.' she signed.

"Told you? You mean, you didn't know that you just talked?" Se Yi nodded.

'And, it's bothering me.. I didn't even know that I talked.'

"Se Yi, did that person tell you what you just say?"

'Yes. He said that I said the word tragic.'

"Are you holding that book again? I know how much you hate that ending."

'Yes.'

"Se Yi, I think our hardwork is starting to pay off. I think you may be able to talk anytime soon Se Yi."

Se Yi brightened up. 'Really?'

Dr. Ahn nodded. "And that guy, the one that you talk to? Can you come with him the next counseling session that we're going to have? I want to talk to him."

'Oh, Okay then.'

Dr. Ahn caressed Se Yi's hair and smiled. "Don't worry about anything now Se Yi. Everything's going to be fine."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Really?! She told you that you can talk anytime soon?!" Jinhee exclaimed.

Se Yi nodded. "But why does she wanted Sung Gyu to go with you?" Lay asked.

'I don't know either oppa.' she signed.

"Is he sure that you really talked earlier?"

'Yes oppa.'

"I see."

Jealousy crept through Lay. Why isn't he the one who first heard Se Yi's voice after a long time? He wanted to hear her voice again and he wasn't the one who heard it first.

They all get off the bus stop and saw Yoojun's car outside. "Dad must be back huh?" Jinhee muttered and Se Yi nodded in agreement.

"Well I'm going then. See you tomorrow." Lay said.

"Okay. Bye oppa!"

'Annyeong.' Se Yi signed.

"Let's go?" Jinhee said. Se Yi nodded and followed her.

"Oh you're both back?" Yoojun said while setting up the table.

"Dad!" Jinhee exclaimed and the two girls kissed their father.

"Why do you seem so excited?"

"Dad! Good news!! Freaking good news!"

"Hurry up and spill it out kid."

"Dad! Se Yi talked earlier!"

Yoojun's eyes widen and looked at Se Yi. "Is that true?"

'Umm.. I don't know. I talked without even knowing it ahjus- I mean dad.'

Yoojun smiled and hugged Se Yi. "I'm happy for you Se Yi. I can't wait to hear your voice all over again."

Se Yi smiled and hugged him back.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The next day, Sung Gyu was a little bit late but not late enough before their professor came in.  He was panting when he walked to his seat. He slammed his things at the table and catched his breath.

Se Yi: Are you alright?

Sung Gyu was still catching his breath while reading Se Yi's text. He let out a nod and groaned.

"I hate my brother for this. I thought I was late!"

Se Yi: Your brother?

He nodded and now he was more comfortable.

Sung Gyu: Yeah. I fell asleep while were having lunch. I told him to wake me up just in case. And you know what? He fell asleep too!

Se Yi chuckled.

Se Yi: Don't worry oppa. You're not late ^^

Sung Gyu smiled and nodded in agreement. Their professor went in and they all greeted.

"You may take your seats."

The lesson started but something bothers Sung Gyu.

'Se Yi, to whom and when did you learn sign language?' he wrote.

'When I was 10. My doctor teached me together with My dad, unnie and Lay oppa. She told us that it will be easier than me writing in a notepad.' she wrote back.

Sung Gyu nodded telling Se Yi that he understood.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"She wanted to see me?" Se Yi nodded. She explained everything to Sung Gyu.

'I'm sorry.. I'm troubling you..'

"When is it?"

'On friday. I'm really sorry..'

Sung Gyu shook his head. "No you're not. I like it when I'm with you."

Se Yi flushed and her heart started to beat fast. Sung Gyu smiled and held her cheeks. Their eyes locked again as history repeats itself. "Hyung!"

They both flinched and stepped away from each other. *Damn you Dong Woo.* Sung Gyu cussed in his head.

"Hyung! I've been looking every- Woah! Hello! I'm Jang Dong Woo. You are?"

Dong Woo offered his hand to Se Yi and she looked at Sung Gyu. "Her name's Se Yi. She can't talk."

"Really? How do you both talk then?" Sung Gyu showed him his phone.

"Oh, you're both are geeks." Se Yi chuckled.

"Wait. You can hear me? That means your not deaf?"

Se Yi shook her head and typed something on her phone.

'No I'm not Dong Woo-ssi. I just can't talk.'

Dong Woo narrowed his eyes and read Se Yi's text. "Oh, why can't you talk then?"

"Aish! Why do you have so many questions Dong Woo? Why are you even here-"

"Gyujiji!!" Woohyun sang. "Oh my what a beautiful sight. Hello! I'm Nam Woohyun! 23 and single- ah! Hyung!" Woohyun shouted.

"Goodness you both!"

"Why are you getting mad hyung?! And that hurts.." Woohyun pouted. "What's your name?"

"She can't talk Namu. And she's Se Yi." Dong Woo grinned.

"Oh.. Wait. Se Yi? Oh that's right! You're the library angel!" Sung Gyu smack Woohyun's head.

Se Yi typed and showed it to Woohyun.

'Library angel?'

"Yeah, Sung Gyu hyung-"

"Enough. Let's go Se Yi."

"Ah hyung!" Woohyun whined. "Where are you going this time? You always leave Myungsoo to us!"

"I'm busy okay?"

Woohyun pouted. "Whatever."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi stared at Lay as she listens to him play. *Something seems off..* she thought.

'Oppa.'  she signed. Lay stopped playing and looked at Se Yi.

"What?"

'Are you alright?'

"Yeah.." Lay sighed.

'You're not.'

"Okay I admit it. I'm not okay."

'What's wrong?'

"Se Yi, I'm going to be honest here." he sighed and put his guitar away. "You know how I feel about you right? I hate it when you're with Sung Gyu. I really hate it."

'Oppa, we're partners.. And I already made myself clear to you.'

"I know. I know that you're partners and I know that you rejected me. But I still love you Se Yi. I can't help but to feel uneasy whenever you're with him."

'Oppa, please don't make it hard for us. We agreed just to be friends right?'

"I did. But I'm sorry Se Yi. I can't." Lay said then left leaving Se Yi behind.

Sung Gyu

So he likes Se Yi. I didn't understand what Se Yi said but I'm positive that she doesn't like Lay back. I don't know if I should be happy about this but I somehow can't be happy. Maybe I can't knowing that there is a posibility that Se Yi can like him back? I'm really going crazy just by thinking.

"Se Yi." I approached her and sat beside her. "Are you here alone?"

She shook her head. I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket. She texted me.

Se Yi: Lay oppa was here earlier. I guess he has class so he left.

Me: Oh I see.

Se Yi didn't text me back. I think she's bothered with what happened earlier.

Me: I'm sorry. I kind of overheard your conversation with Lay earlier.

She takes her time to read my text and she looks at me.

Se Yi: So now you know? That oppa likes me.

Me: Yeah and it bothers me.

Se Yi: Why does it bother you?

What? WAIT! What did I just send?! I scrolled in my phone and sh*t. I just confessed to her indirectly! Why did I even typed that?! My hand clearly has a mind of its own!

I heard the bell rang and Se Yi stood up.

Se Yi: I have to go now. I have class next.

Me: Okay. See you in English then.

She left and waved me goodbye. I did the same. Goodness, I never loved the bell in my whole life.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After class, Se Yi and Sung Gyu worked on their story at the library. They managed to finish the first chapter of their story and they are happy about it.

"I like it. The first chapter is interesting don't you think?"

Se Yi nodded. 'I didn't expect that we can finish a chapter in thirty-five minutes.'

Sung Gyu nodded in agreement. "Want me to read it?" Se Yi nodded.

Time.. It has been too much for me to handle. Days.. It been too much for us to reach. Sometimes, I would just like time to just stop for me so that I can take my time to go back and see her again. The only hope that we have, is this watch. It has the ability to take me back in time. Back in time where I can see Yoo Hee.

Sung Gyu was about to read the girl's perspective when..

I want to see him. Time for me was too much too handle. I wish I could just live on the same time as him. Why do we have to apart like this?

Sung Gyu's widen. "Se Yi, you.. You just talked.."