Chapter 29

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 29


Kang Joon stared at Yuan as she struggles to use the chopsticks. He sigh feeling bad for her. *She can't even remember how to use the chopsticks huh?*

"Use this." he hands her the spoon and smiled. She looks at him then to the spoon and took it.

"I can't even remember how to use such a simple thing.." he smiled and ruffled her hair.

"It's okay. I'll teach you. Here look at me." he showed her how to use it. "Here ah~" She smiled and opened taking in the food. "See? It's simple. You just need to practice."

"I'll just learn it again. For now I'll use this. Thanks Kang Joon-ah." he smiled and watched her eat. *She's cute.*

"Young Master, it's time for school. You'll be late for your business class."

"Already? Can I not go today?"

Eunhyuk sighs and rubs his temple. "No. How will you take over the company if you’re like that?"

"But I don't want to leave Yuan here alone.."

"Yuan? Who's Yuan?" Kang Joon smiled and pointed at Yuan. "Oh.. You named her. Goodness." he sighs and shook his head. "I got it. I'll come back as soon as I take you to the university."

"Okay! Thank you!!" he said cheerfully. "Yuan, I'll see you later okay?"

She nodded and smiled. "Okay. See you later."

"Let's go Hyukiiee!" Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and chuckled. *It's been a while since I last saw him like this.*

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Goodness." Eunhyuk groaned. He's getting more and more irritated when Yuan can't use the chopsticks in getting the rice. "Ughhh!!"

"Ah!" Yuan muttered. Eunhyuk took the chopstick and ate all of the rice in the bowl. "Eunhyuk-ssi.. You ate it all.."

"THE RICE IS GOING TO BE WASTED! YOU'RE TRYING TO GET IT FOR AN HOUR ALREADY YUAN!" He growled and took the bowl. He opens the rice cooker and scoops another bowl into it then went back to the living room. He sighs and placed the bowl in front of Yuan. "There, just.. Do it again."

Yuan frowned. "I'm sorry.."

"Aish. Just do it. I'm doing it for Young Master's sake."

She nodded and inhaled. *Okay Yuan, you can do this.* she thought. She concentrated on the chopstick and tried again. "Oh? I got it!" she said in joy.

"At last!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!" They both jumped in joy.

"Oh? What's happening?"

"Y..YOUNG MASTER! GOODNESS I FORGOT TO PICK YOU UP!" Eunhyuk gasped.

"It's alright. Good thing I have a spare key from the car that you left. I drove myself back." he threw the key to Eunhyuk. "Oh and Yuan?"

"Yes?"

"I brought you some chocolates. It looks delicious." he said giving it to her.

"Thank you. And Kang Joon, I can use the chopsticks now!" she said cheerfully.

"Really? That's great then! I told you, you only need time."

She giggled and smiled. Kang Joon smiled. He's happy seeing Yuan more cheerful now. She's like his stress reliever. "Can we all eat this together? It will be a waste to just eat it myself." she said.

"Me too?" Eunhyuk pointed at himself.

"Mm. You helped me in learning the chopsticks!"

"Alright!"

Kang Joon scoffed. *I'm the one who bought it though. I should be the only one who gets to eat it with her.*

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Jinhee." Lay approached Jinhee. "You have to eat." Jinhee didn't reply and just covered herself with her blanket. "You'll die if you do."

"Then all the better."

"Yah! How could you say that?! You think Se Yi would be happy seeing you like this?!"

She scoffs. "Oh yeah? She's not even here to see me like this! How could you all just act like nothing happened huh?!"

Lay snapped. "You think you're the only one who's suffering?! You think you're the only one who's in pain?!"

Jinhee sighs and ran her fingers through her hair. "Just get the hell out. I don't have time to argue with you."

"Jinhee!"

"GET OUT!!!" She screamed and threw her pillow. "GET OUT! GET OUT!!" She exclaimed and continues to throw things that she can get with her hands.

Lay sighed and did so. Jinhee's been like this for a week and haven't eaten anything since then. She's been locking herself up and has been skipping school ever since the accident happened.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

It's been the same with Sung Gyu. He's not smiling and it's been a long time since Sungyeol last heard him laugh. It's been weeks since Myungsoo’s surgery have been conducted and fortunately it's a success. He's at the hospital for recovery.

"Hyung.." Myungsoo called.

"Are you hungry? I'll go and get you something to eat."

"Uh.. I'm not.. I'm just thirsty I guess"

"Okay."

Sung Gyu headed out and bought something to drink. He saw Sungyeol on the way but ignored him. Sungyeol sighed seeing the difference with him.

"Hey." Sungyeol greeted Myungsoo.

"Hey." Myungsoo replied back.

"I saw hyung on the way here." he said sitting beside Myungsoo. "He ignored me. Again."

Myungsoo sighed. "What's new? He ignores all of us anyways."

"I know."

"Hyung, when can we come back? I want to go and search for Se Yi myself. I can't bear to see hyung like that anymore."

"I don't know. Maybe a month?"

"Oh.. So I have to endure it for another month huh?"

"Guess so. I'm not sure though. Let's just hope that she'll be found soon. I'm worried about hyung."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"So what do you think?"

"I think it's better if you re-phrase the line of the lead Kang Joon.." Yuan said. She's nervous that Kang Joon might get offended with the script that he's doing for his class.

"Right? I think so too." he said and erased the part.

"You're not mad?"

He chuckled. "Should I be?"

"I'm sorry! I'm just saying..."

He laughed at her cuteness. "Hey Yuan, I'm just joking. I'm not offended or anything."

"Oh.. I thought you are.."

"Time for dinner!" Eunhyuk called. Yuan's face brightened up. She can finally use her newly learned skill, using the chopsticks. She ran to the table and took her seat. "Eager to eat are we?"

Kang Joon chuckled at her cuteness. "Give me the chopsticks Eunhyuk!"

"Alright alright, I get it." he groans. "Psh.. Show off. Here!"

"Just let her." Kang Joon said.

"I am letting her." Eunhyuk gritted his teeth.

"Thanks for the food!" she grins and started eating. "Delicious!"

Kang Joon stared at her as his heart flutters. He smiled and started eating. "Here eat this," he places a piece of meat on Yuan's bowl and said. "You look like an angel as you eat."

You're like an angel to me.

Yuan's head started to throb in pain again. Her fingers weaken and lose grip of the chopsticks. "Ah.." she holds her head to ease the pain but it's not helping.

"Yuan! Are you alright?" Kang Joon and Eunhyuk ran to her side. "Get her some water!"

Eunhyuk nodded and did so. "I..I'm fine. My head just throbbed for a while.." she said faintly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "I'm sorry for worrying you both."

"Geez Yuan! I'm going to die in heart attack! Don't scare us like that!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. Kang Joon sighed in relief and pulled her to a hug. Yuan's eyes widen, so did Eunhyuk's.

"K..Kang Joon?"

"You idiot. I almost died."

"I..I'm sorry."

*If anything happens to you, I don't know what I'll do Yuan.* he thought.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Yuan stared at her reflection in the mirror. She grabs the clothes that she's wearing when the accident happened and stared at it. "Why can't I remember anything?" she asked herself as she started to cry. She feels so empty on the inside feeling like she knew nothing about herself. "Who am I? Who am I?!!" she shut her eyes close and continued to cry. "I'm going crazy..." she threw her clothes when a ring fell off from it. She stood up and picks it up. It's an infinity ring.

"What is this? Is this mine?" she tried to remember. Her head started to throb in pain again but she gains no memory this time. "Ah.. It hurts." she held on the chair for support. "Kang Joon.. Help.." she said weakly and tries to open but she has no energy to do so.

"Yuan, Are yo- YUAN!" Kang Joon ran to her and carried her to his arms placing her gently to her bed. "Is your head aching again?"

"..Yeah.. It hurts so bad.."

"Wait here, I'll call a doctor." Yuan nodded as she wince in pain. "Don't worry, they said they'll here soon. Just endure it a little longer okay?"

"Ah.... I'll tr..y" Kang Joon held her hand trying to make the pain go away but it doesn't help. Seeing her in pain makes it hard for him too.

"Yuan.." he muttered and hug her close. Yuan gripped his shirt in pain as she goes pale.

"I'm sorry.."

"You don't have to be."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Will she be okay?"

"She will be. I think Yuan's forcing herself to remember all of it when her brain can't handle it. You have to talk to her or else this will happen again."

Kang Joon sighed. "I will."

"I also prescribed a medicine for her. Let her take it, it'll take away the pain in case it happens again."

"Thank you."

"I'll take my leave then."

Kang Joon nodded. He entered the room and saw Yuan sleeping soundly on her bed. He sat beside her and caressed her hair. "I wish everytime you feel that pain, I can take it away from you so that you won't get hurt anymore."

He sighs and lay down next to her. "I promise you Yuan, I'll protect you with everything I can. I'll protect you even if it's the last thing I'll do."