16

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 16


Sung Gyu

Our class ended and I followed Se Yi as we left the classroom. I didn't say a single thing since the moment I first saw her this day because she's not saying a single thing either. I know she's mad but I'm totally not expecting this.

"Se Yi." I called and she stopped. Woah, did she just stopped? She turns back and looks at me. Well, she did stop.

"What?"

"Umm.. I-"

"Gyu!" Hyuna called and approached. Se Yi and I looked at her as she cheerfuly hugs me. Sh*t this is not good.

Se Yi

I watch Hyuna and Sung Gyu oppa. He's not pushing her away huh? That means he likes it. I rolled my eyes. I'm out of here.

"Se Yi!"

"Lay oppa." I saw Sung Gyu oppa push Hyuna and looked at us.

"I've been calling you. Why are you not answering my calls?"

"Oh I-"

"You have to go with me."

"Where to?"

"I think Jinhee and I just found out where your mom is."

I froze. They what?

"W..What are you talking about? That's crazy. She's been missing for years oppa."

"And now we've found her." he smiled. "Come on Yinnie, just come with me. You don't have to worry. I'm with you."

I smiled. He's right. I have oppa with me. "Okay then."

"That's great. Let's go."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The ride was too long for me. I just sat there and waited as we arrived. Lay oppa pulled over in front of a flower shop. I looked at him and nodded.

"If you go in, you can see her."

"Me?" he smiled.

"It's your decision Se Yi."

Right. Should I go in? I wanted to see her. I sighed. I'm going in. Before I leave the car, he looked at the backseat and held my arm.

"I'll wait for you so take your time."

I smiled. "Thank you."

He nodded and I left the car. I slowly approached the flower shop. The bell rang as I opened the door.

"Welcome!" the woman looked at me. She smiled. She's so beautiful. I looked at her nametag and tears crept on my eyes. Shin Se Mi.

Her smile fell as she looks at me. I'm frozen at my spot. She's my mother. "Is there something wrong?"

She asked and I shook my head. "Ah no... I'm sorry.." she smiled.

"I see. Do you need something?"

"Can you give me the most beautiful flowers in this shop?"

"Sure. A moment please."

I nodded and watch her work. She reaches for some tulips and wrapped it. "Here."

"Do you like tulips?"

"Oh yes. I love them very much dear. Are you giving them to someone?" she asks.

"Ah yes."

"To your mother perhaps?"

I feel like bursting into tears at my spot. "Y..Yes."

"Well then she'll be happy. She's lucky. Now go, don't make her wait."

I nodded. "Thank you very much."

"You're very much welcome."

"Ca..Can I come back here?"

"Sure. Anytime." she smiled and ruffled my hair.

I made my way back to car and entered. I immediately broke into tears. I saw her. I saw mom, but I didn't tell her that I'm her child. I just can't. I heard the door open as Lay oppa seats beside me.

"You alright?"

"No... I saw her and I didn't say a thing... I wanted to ask questions but I can't.. I'm such an idiot.."

He pulled me to a hug and I cried on his chest. "No you're not. You're just afraid Se Yi. You'll talk to her someday."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

As I reached home, I headed to my room and stared blankly at desk. I felt my phone vibrated so I reached for it. It was from Sung Gyu oppa.

Sung Gyu: Are you okay?

I furrowed my eyebrows at his text. What does he mean by that? I don't get it. Isn't it obvious that I'm not when he's the reason why I'm like this?

Me: What do you mean?

Sung Gyu: Umm.. I heard Lay earlier. Did you met your Mom?

Oh. So it's about that..

Me: Yes.

After I sent my text, he immediately called. Literally, seconds after I sent my text. I hesitantly answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Se Yi, you okay?"

"I'm not. You understand my situation right now, right?"

I heard him sigh. "Se Yi, look. I know you're still upset about me lying to you and I'm sorry. I really am. I don't want you to be hurt that's why I hid it from you. I'm sorry Se Yi. I'm really really sorry. I know that you're mad at me but please Se Yi..Can't we just remain as friends at least?"

"Oppa stop. I'm not mad at you okay? So were still friends, nothing more."

"Yeah. Nothing..more."

I know what he meant by that. He doesn't like the sound of it. Him, being hurt. I don't know if I can start being more than friends with him after what happened. I just don't know what to do right now.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I found myself sleeping at my desk with my window open. I immediately stood up and closed the window because the frosty wind is starting to invade my room. I rubbed my hands together to make myself warm. The door opened and Myungsoo stepped in.

"Hyung! Seriously? Why did you left the window open?! The cold's starting to creep on my room!"

"I don't know either. I'm sorry Myung- achoo!" I sneezed.

"Oh boy. I'm really going nuts. Sometimes I don't know which of us the eldest is." I laughed. He approached me and held my forehead.

"You're warm. I think you caught a cold. Just rest for today hyung."

"I can't Myung. I have exams today so I'll go."

"Hyung, don't be stubborn.."

"I promise that I'll go home after the exams. I can't skip it."

He sighs deeply and rubbed his forehead. "Okay, I get it. But you HAVE to go home okay? I'll ask Dong Woo hyung to drive you back."

I smiled. "Thanks Myung."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After I left the house, I had this not-so-good feeling. I feel stuffy and my head hurts so badly, but I can manage to walk at least. I headed to the room and rested my head on the table.

"Ugh.. It hurts so bad.." I squeezed my eyes shut as I endure the pain in my head. I have to take this exam or I'm dead.

I heard the chair move next to me and I know that Se Yi's here. I didn't look up to greet her because it was too painful. I can't even open my own eyes now, it hurts like hell.

Se Yi

When I sat on my chair I saw Sung Gyu oppa lying on the desk. He didn't even look at me to greet me, which is very unusual. Is he asleep? I continued to look at him when our professor came. When we all greeted our professor, he didn't stand up.

"Okay class, I'll be distributing your papers and you can start answering it. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes." we replied. 

We all sat down and I looked at Sung Gyu oppa. He's still lying on his desk. "Oppa? Wake up. It's time for our-"

I gasp in surprise. He's pale and he's sweating. "OPPA!"

"What's the matter back there?"

"Professor! He's getting pale!" our professor rushed to our place and checked on Sung Gyu oppa.

"He has a fever. Let's get him to the clinic."

"Yes sir." I replied and he helped me carry oppa to the clinic.

When we reached the clinic, oppa was placed on the bed as we wait for the campus nurse to arrive. "I believe I have to go back now Se Yi. Can you do me a favor and stay with him? He's still my student."

"Okay sir."

"Thank you. I'll just give you both a special exam okay?"

I nodded. "I'm going back now."

"Yes." I replied.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The nurse came in and gave oppa some medicine to relieve his fever. I stayed by his side for hours and he still haven't waked up. I'm worried sick. I held his hand and looked at him. I wonder what happened..

"Why are you here?" I flinched.

"Y..You're awake! Thank goodness."

"Go back Se Yi.. They're taking the exams.." he said with a weak voice.

I smiled. "Don't worry. I was tasked to take care of you. He said the he'll give both of us the special exams."

He sighed and placed his arm to cover his eyes. "I'm sorry. It's my fault."

"What happened?"

"Huh?"

"What happened? Why did you get sick? I was worried when I saw you pale earlier.."

"Oh.. I think I left my window open last night.."

I widen my eyes. That's the most idiotic thing that I've heard in my whole life. "Oppa! Who the hell opens their windows in the middle of the winter?!"

"I opened it to wake myself last night. I feel horrible so I opened it but it turns out that I left it open."

Wait. Last night. I froze. That only meant one thing. "I..Is it because of me? When we talked? Is it because of that?"

He sighs and slowly sat up. "Look Se Yi,"

But it turns out that I can't. I can't afford to look at him. I just clenched my fists and stared at them. "Se Yi, look at me please."

"I can't.. I know I'm the reason why. I'm really sorry oppa.. I know you want to start again.. But I just can't. As much as I wanted to I can't.. I'm afraid.."

He held my chin and he makes me look at him. "I don't want to hear you blaming yourself Se Yi. I love you and you know that right? You know how much I'm willing to wait for you. Weeks, Months, and even years. I'm willing to do it just for you Se Yi. And don't ever BLAME yourself for whatever will happen or happens to me. It will be my pleasure to go through it for you."

"No.. I don't want to see you like this oppa..."

He's face fell. "So what do you want me to do?"

"Act like you doesn’t know me."

He was shocked as he looks at me. "Are you serious?"

"Yes." I replied.

"Okay then."