Chapter 31

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 1.


2 years later...

Yuan.

I looked at my reflection for the last time and grabbed my bag. I head downstairs and helped Eunhyuk oppa in setting up the breakfast table.

"Thank goodness one of you came down." I chuckled. "I woke up late today."

"It's alright oppa." I replied. "Kang Joon's still sleeping?"

He sighs deeply. "Yeah. Still haven't attend to him."

"I'll wake him up."

"Thank you Yuan! You're really an angel!"

I smiled and shook my head. Somehow, I've gotten used to them calling me that sometimes. It makes me feel happy hearing that word, I don't know why though.  I walked to Kang Joon's room and knocked. He's not answering so I went in and what do you know, he's asleep like a sloth. I shook my head in disbelief and walked to him.

"Kang Joon-ah, wake up. You'll be late."

"5 minutes.."

I chuckled. He's awake huh? "Yah, you're already a Director. Can't you just act like one?"

"That's the point.. I'm the Director.. I'm the boss of my own company.." he said with a sleepy voice.

"That's another point. You're company will close if you just sleep all day and do nothing. I'm going ahead okay? See you later-"

"No! Wait for me! Let's go together!"

"Are you crazy Kang Joon? We can't go together. Someone might see."

"So what?"

I scoffed. "What? That means trouble for me. It's just a week since I've been promoted."

"I can make you the director if you want."

I laughed. "Yeah. Now go and get dressed."

"Eh?! Let's go together!"

"We can't okay? Now go."

"I'm not going in until you agree. I can drop you off before we even approach the building!"

I sighed. He's like a 15 years old boy who's throwing a tantrum. "I got it now go."

"Alright~~ Wait for me okay?" I smiled and nodded. "Don't you dare leave without me!" he said peeking from the bathroom door.

"I won't okay?" I replied and chuckled.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"What?" Yuan said after noticing Kang Joon staring at her while smiling.

"You look beautiful in your dress. I like it. I might promote you." she laughs and shakes her head.

"No thanks Director. I'm working as a script writer, not as someone who has to please your senses."

He laughs. "Oh right. Did you find her?"

"Find who?" he asks.

"You know, Seojin. The girl that left you. You told me that you've been searching for her."

Kang Joon's smile faded. "I stopped."

"Why?"

*Because of you.* he thought. "Just because. I realize that she might not be for me. That somebody else is."

"Oh.. Well maybe you'll find that somebody someday so cheer up!"

"I have." he whispered to himself.

"What?"

"Nothing! I'm hungry!!"

"You should've eaten your breakfast." she said. "Oh? You can drop me here Kang Joon."

"What? But-"

"We have an agreement."

He sighs. "Okay then.. You always win.." he parks the car on the side and waited for Yuan to come out.

She smiled. "I'll see you later then!"

"Yeah.." he frowned and watched her go. "How I wish I'm an employee that can be next to her.."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Sung Gyu hyung, are you going?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah. Today's my first day. Why? Do you need a lift at the studio?"

"Umm.. Y..yeah! But if you can't and it's out of the way I can take the bu-"

"Just get your things. I'll drop you there." Sung Gyu said then left.

"Okay?"

Myungsoo now is well and is working as a professional photographer in a photo studio in Seoul. It's been an awkward relationship between the two siblings ever since they got back from America. Sung Gyu had changed a lot for the past two years since Se Yi have gone missing and still haven't been found so they just accepted the truth that she's dead.

"Good luck for today Myung."

"Thanks Granny. I'll be needing that today again. I'll be back later!"

His grandmother smiled and waved them goodbye. The ride to the studio was very silent. Well everyday that is. It's like Sung Gyu accidentally drank a gallon of glue and can't seem to open his mouth to talk. Myungsoo sighs and rubbed his temple. He can't take it anymore, they've been like this for almost two years and it's really disturbing for him.

"We're here." Sung Gyu said.

*Oh, what do you know? At last. After a long ride.* Myungsoo sighed and grabbed his things. "Thanks for the ride hyung." he said in sarcasm but Sung Gyu didn't reply.

"Call me later and I'll pick you up."

"Oh I'm okay. I can go alo-"

"No. I will pick you up. I can't afford to lose someone again."

Myungsoo's heart broke. It's hard for him to see his brother like this. "Hyung.."

"I'll go now."

Myungsoo didn't say a thing and just watched his brother leave. *I'll find her for you hyung. I just know that she's still alive.*

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu.

I entered the building and scanned the place. I called the person who recommended me here, Seo Yeojin. I happen to bump onto her when were in America and she asked me for forgiveness when she saw me. When she heard about what happened to Se Yi, she felt sorry and offered me a job here.

"Hello?"

"Yeojin-ssi? It's me. I'm already here."

"Oh! Is that so? I'm going to call my secretary and tell her to assist you okay? I'm sorry I can't assist you personally. I have some matters to attend to."

"It's alright. You've done enough giving me the position."

"You're welcome. We need a good story writer for the company and I believe that you're fit for the job."

"Thank you Yeojin-ssi."

"Don't worry Sung Gyu, I'll find Se Yi for you so just work comfortably okay?"

"I will. Thank you very much."

I said and hang up. I sigh and sat on the chair while waiting. I looked at our picture on my phone and stared at Se Yi. Where are you Se Yi? I can't go on without you..

"Kim Sung Gyu-ssi?" a woman approached me.

"Ah yes?"

"Young Miss called. I am here to assist you to the team head."

"Oh, okay." I nodded and followed her. She guided me and we rode the elevator.

"Please wait here."

"Okay." I replied and sat on the chair. I looked around and Yeojin's company is really big. It must be hard for her to run this on her own. "Yuan! Yah!! Can we just have lunch together?"

I heard a voice. "Director, I am busy today so just have it on your own okay?" My eyes widen. That voice. I turn around and my heart started to beat fast. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. It's Se Yi!! She's alive.

"Yah Yuan!! Park Yuan!!!" Yuan? Why is he calling her Yuan?

"Yah! Seo Kang Joon! What if other people see?! You're going to be dead!"

Seo Kang Joon? Is he? "Aish. I get it! I'll just go eat alone!" he said and watched her leave. I have to go after her. I ran and called her.

"Se Yi!!!" she didn't looked back. Just when I was about to run to her, a hand grabbed my arm.

"Excuse me? Do you know Yuan?" Seo Kang Joon asks.

"Yuan? Who's Yuan? She's Se Yi!" He's eyes seem to widen.

"We have to talk."

"No! I can't talk to you right now. I have to go after Se Yi!"

"You have to talk to me or else she'll suffer!"

"What do you mean?"

"Sung Gyu-ssi, you can now go in- oh! Director!"

"I'll talk to him first. Just tell the person in charge that I'll contact him when we're done talking." he said.

"Ah y..yes." she replied and took her leave.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

We both sat on his office and his secretary gave us something to drink. Well sorry. I didn't enter here for some tea party. I have to know what happened to Se Yi because this man seems to know everything.

"So first, can I know Yuan's real name?" he asked.

"She's Shin Se Yi. Not Yuan."

"I see. So how are you related to Yuan?"

I hate how he calls her Yuan. He gave her another name? "I'm her boyfriend."

His eyes widen. "W..What?"

"Yes. I am. And why can't I approach her?! I have a right to do so! I've been searching for her for a long time!"

"You can't do that. She.. She had forgotten everything."

"W..What?"

"You see, I happen to see her lying at the field two years ago. She's covered with blood all over. I brought her to the hospital and when she woke up, she can't remember anything, her name, where she's from and everything else. And whenever she remembers something, her head starts to hurt so bad that she'll lose consciousness. So I am pleading you, please just don't tell her everything. I saw how she's been in pain Sung Gyu-ssi. We've been together for two years," I clench my fist in anger. "I don't want her to be in pain so let's just let her remember everything as time passes."

I snapped. "Are you really doing this for her sake?"

"What?"

"I can tell that you have developed feelings for Se Yi. Are you really doing this for her or are you doing this because you don't want her to be taken away from you?"

He gritted his teeth and looks at me. "I'm doing this for her sake."

"Really? Well this is what I have to say." I stood up and glared at him. "I’ll do things my way without hurting Se Yi."

I said then left. I won't ever give Se Yi to him. He hid her away from us all this time and that only means that he doesn't want her to be taken away from him. I won't give Se Yi to him. I'll get you back angel. Wait for me.