Chapter 42

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 12.


Se Yi.

"Se Yi?"

"D..Dad! I'm.. I'm sorry I can't stay for today.. I forgot that I'm needed at work today.."

"Oh is that so?"

"Y..Yeah. I just stopped by. I've got to go!" I said then left.

I lied. I lied to Dad. I don't want our relationship to be broken just because my memories are back. Oppa held unto my hand telling me things are going to be okay and I just smiled. For now, I don't think things are going to be okay because of me.

"We're here."

"Oh, sorry.." I zoned out again. I didn't realize that we arrived.

"Angel, hey look at me." He said and held my hands. "We're going to get you through this so don't worry."

I smiled and nod. "We have to go to the set now oppa or else we'll be late."

He chuckles. "Okay."

We walked on our way to the set and we saw that it's going well. "Yinnie!" Hyeri called.

"Ri! Good Morning." Hyeri smiled and she eyes my hand that Sung Gyu oppa is holding. I flushed and cleared my throat.

"Why so shy Yinnie? You look great together."

"Yeah we look good together." Oppa said playfully. I laugh and shake my head.

"Okay this has to stop. We have to work." I said. "Ri? How's everything?"

"It's good! The responses were good so far and they like Sung Gyu oppa's writing."

I smiled and looked at Sung Gyu oppa. He winks playfully and I laugh. "I'm glad I'm inspired when I wrote that story."

"Oooh so cheesy. Yah Kim Sung Gyu, why don't you do me a favor and talk to the producer? He wants to talk to you." Hyeri said. Oppa laughs and let go of my hand.

"I'll see you later then angel."

"Mm. Bye."

"Don't think too much." He said and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

"I won't." I chuckled. "And I love you too."

He walks away and waves me goodbye. Hyeri grinned and nudge me by her arm. "Aigoo Yinnie! I'm so jealous of you!"

I flush in embarrassment and smiled. "You'll find yours too Hyeri."

"I hope so too."

"Hyeri- Oh? Se Yi!"

"Myungsoo? What are you doing here?" I asked. He sheepishly flashed a smile and rubbed the back of his neck. "Myung?"

"Umm.. I.. uh.." Is he nervous?

"He told me that he wanted to see Woohyun so he asks me if I can get him a pass for today. He also wants to have lunch with me later- Oh! Oh! wanna come with us?" Hyeri said in excitement.

"N..No!" Hyeri and I looked at Myungsoo in confusion and he cleared his throat in embarrassment. "I..I mean she have plans with hyung later!"

"Aww... you have?" Hyeri asks.

"I do?" I looked at Myung and he mouthed 'Please just say yes..' I know what's going on here. "Oh right I do." I grinned. Myungsoo smiled in relief and I nod.

"I have to go now guys! See you!" I said then mouthed Myungsoo a good luck. I think Hyeri will find the one fated to her soon.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Kang Joon.

"So she's Se Yi?" Sojin asks. I smiled and nod. "I can understand why you fell for her. She's pretty."

"Yeah, but not pretty as you are." She chuckled.

"Stop lying and introduce her to me."

"Alright. Wait her for a sec."

She nods and I walked over to Se Yi. I held her arm and she jumps in surprise. "Oh my god can you at least say something?!"

I laugh. "Sorry. Busy?"

"A little. Why, need something?"

"Yeah, something important."

"Oh okay. I can spare some time." She said. "Hyeri-ah, record this for me. I'll be back in a sec."

"Sure." Hyeri answers and we walked back to where Seojin is.

"What is it-" she was cut off when she saw Seojin. "Oh my god Kang Jon you liar! You told me you'll search for Seojin and now you replaced her?! How dare you!"

Seojin chuckled. "I'm guessing that she likes me already."

Se Yi scoffs. I find this amusing. "Excuse me miss, but I don't. I only approve of Seojin-ssi." She glared at me. "Yah Seo Kang Joon. Break-up with her."

Seojin smiled. "That's pity though Yinnie. I thought you will only approve of Seojin."

"Wha-" her eyes widen and she looked at Seojin as she laughs. I think she finally got it in. "OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY!"

Seojin laughs. "It's alright. I'm Seojin I've heard a lot from you."

"Oh nice to meet you! I'm-"

"Shin Se Yi. As I have said, I heard a lot. Including Sung Gyu-ssi."

Se Yi smiled and looks at me. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!" She said happily.

"Thanks. Where's Gyu?"

"He's busy because of the drama."

"Oh, I see that you are too." She smiles.

"But not too busy to see my bestest friend's princess~" she whispered playfully and I flushed.

"Oh right! Se Yi-ssi, I was wondering if you and Sung Gyu-ssi can spend dinner with us? Don't worry, we can have it tomorrow since it's a weekend."

"I WOULD LOVE TO!!" I smiled. I'm glad she's back.

"Okay then. We'll be expecting you both tomorrow."

"Okay!"

"YAH SHIN SE YI!" Hyeri shouted.

"Oh, I'll be right there Hyeri!" She looked back at us. "I'm sorry! Things are busy right now.."

"We understand. See you tomorrow Yinnie."

"Alright! Bye!" She said and went back.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Whoa, that was one of a day.." Se Yi said as she and Hyeri took a break.

"You bet." Hyeri added. "Ah! Wanna drink? Soju?"

"Drink? I don't think I'm good with that."

"Oh come on~ just a little!" Hyeri pouted.

"All right then." Se Yi gave in with a laugh. They both grabbed their things and headed to have a drink.

"Here we go!" Hyeri said placing two bottles of Soju in the table.

"Yah Hyeri, I thought only a little?"

"It is. I'm only going to let you drink a little."

"And you're going to make me take you home when you're drunk."

"Aww you will? That's why I love you so much!" Se Yi laughed and shakes her head. She opened the bottle and poured them something to drink.

"Ugh.. It's bitter!"

"Of course you idiot. It's soju! I love to drink it. Makes me look like a lead girl in some drama."

Se Yi laughs. "I don't get why they drink this."

"It's because it makes them feel better when they are having a hard time! That's why."

Se Yi stopped. It makes her remember Doohyun. She feels awful remembering everything. She promised Sung Gyu not to think about it anymore but here she is, thinking about everything.

"Hard time huh?" She mutters and pours herself one glass only soju. She drinks it all in one shot surprising Hyeri.

"Yah Se Yi!"

She chuckled. "I'm starting to feel why now." She said as she starts to cry.

"Se Yi? Are you alright? Something the matter?" Hyeri asks knowing that something's bothering Se Yi.

"Hyeri-ah," she said looking at her. "I.. I remember everything."

"Really?! Isn't that great?!"

"No." She said. "Nothing's great. I hate it that I remembered everything. I have an awful past!" She said and sobbed harder. She pours another drink and drinks it all again in one shot.

"Se Yi.."

"Doohyun appa.. He's my step dad and he treated me badly when I was young.. he even tried to kill me!" She stops and wipes her tears away roughly. "But you know? I know that he changed! But I'm just scared at him now.."

Hyeri started crying too. "Yah, stop drinking now eo?"

"I want to.." she said and continued to drink as she sobbed harder.

"You're drunk Se Yi.. stop it."

Se Yi didn't let Hyeri stop her and poured herself a drink again and again until she fell asleep.

"Ugh look at her! Just when she's telling me that she'll be the one who'll take me home!" Hyeri said and sighs. "But I didn't know that she's having a hard time.. I'm sorry Yinnie.."

She sighs and took her phone then called Sung Gyu. "Hello?"

"Oppa? I'm really sorry... Se Yi.. I tried to stop her but..."

"Why? Did something happened?"

"Se Yi.. she's drunk."

"W..What? She what?" Sung Gyu sighed and rubbed his temples.

"I'm so sorry.."

"It's alright. Send me the place."

"Okay.." Hyeri texted him the place and after a while he arrived.

 

"Se Yi.." he said looking at Se Yi who's sleeping at the table with her arm as her pillow. "How long has she been drinking?"

"An hour I guess? I tried to stop her.." Sung Gyu smiled as he carries Se Yi on her back.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault. She's really having a hard time right now and I hope that you understand."

Hyeri sighs. "I do. I didn't know that she's going through all of that.." she said while grabbing Se Yi's bag and placed it inside the car.

"Get in, I'll drive you home. It's late. It's the least I can do for staying with her in my place."

Hyeri nodded and get inside the car. Sung Gyu drive their way to Hyeri's apartment and dropped her off. "Please take care of her."

Sung Gyu flashed a smile. "I will."

Hyeri chuckled. "Oh right, my bad for telling you that. It's a cliche that you always take good care of her."

Sung Gyu smiled and headed to their house. He carried Se Yi on his back with her things in his hands. He find the door lock handy at this times. He didn't have to put in a key to twist it open. He walks to the room and gently placed Se Yi in the bed pulling the covers on her. He sighs seeing Se Yi's face. It's obvious that she's being badly hurt as time pass. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Sung Gyu staring at her. She reaches for his cheeks and tears started to flow from her eyes.  He smiled and held her hands then leans closer to kiss her forehead.

"It's alright. I'm here."

She nods and sits up hugging him. Sung Gyu hugs her back and he can feel her sobs from their hug. "Let it all out."

Se Yi cried even more and tightens her grip in his shirt as he cries. After a while, she pulled back and wipes her tears away. "I'm okay now.. I want to sleep."

"Okay." He stands up and was about to leave the room when she held his hand back. "Se Yi?"

"Stay here please. I don't want to be alone.."

"Okay then."

Sung Gyu climbs on the bed beside her and turned off the lamp. Se Yi moved in closer to him wrapping her arm on his waist as she closes her eyes.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

"Ugh.." I groaned and held my head in pain. It hurt badly and it's because I drank last night. I stood up and saw my reflection at the mirror as my eyes widen. I'm wearing oppa's shirt. Why am I wearing his shirt?! I immediately left the room and searched for him. I stopped on my tracks when I saw him cooking at the kitchen. He smiled and looked at me.

"I see that you're awake? I'm making us breakfast. Sit down." He said then chuckled. "My shirt's a little bit big on you huh?"

"W..Why am I wearing your shirt? What happened? Where's my clothes?!" I asked.

He smirked and steps closer to me trapping me in the wall. "You don't remember?"

"I..I don't."

He sighs. "That's a shame. You're really drunk and you have forgotten huh?"

My eyes widen as I held his hand before he goes back to the kitchen counter. "W..What happened?"

He breaks into laughter and ruffled my hair. "Don't worry. Nothing happened. I was just joking and it's not what you think it is."

"Then why am I wearing you're shirt?!"

"Somebody puked in the middle of the night. I didn't have time to go back to your house and get you some change of clothes in 2 in the morning you know?"

I turned back in shame. Oh god this is so embarrassing. I covered my face with my hands and sat at the dining chair. I don't have a face to look at him anymore. Why did I even drink?! He removes my hands from my face and sat in front of me.

"I'm so sorry oppa! I really am.." I covered my face again in shame and he removes them again.

He shakes his head and smiled. "Hey look at me." I said and slowly looked at him. "It's alright. If I wanted you to be my wife in the future, I can at least endure that right?"

I chuckled and flushed. "What happened is nothing. Well I was shocked I can't deny that but hey, that’s nothing if I were to spend the rest of my life with you angel."

I smiled and nod. "Thanks. You really know what to say."

He winks playfully and I laughed. "I always do."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"You almost got scolded earlier." Sung Gyu teased. Se Yi laughs and playfully walks ahead of Sung Gyu.

"I know. But at least I'm not scolded unlike someone for not telling his grandma that he'll be away for two consecutive days."

Sung Gyu laughs and shakes his head in defeat. "Alright, I lost."

"Oh? Yinnie?"

"Kang Joon!!" Se Yi exclaimed and ran over to Kang Joon with Sung Gyu following her from behind. Sung Gyu greeted Kang Joon when his eyes landed at an unfamiliar girl beside him. He narrowed his eyes trying to examine the girl from head to toe making Seojin uncomfortable. "Oppa!"

"Oh, sorry." The latter one replied in embarrassment. His curiosity seemed to be killing him trying to know who the mysterious girl is when... "Wait, are you Seojin?"

Seojin let out a small laugh and rubbed the back of his head. "Yes I am."

"How come you knew who she is but I don't?" Se Yi asks feeling that the world was against her whenever there's new news. The three chuckled at her cuteness.

"I'm here to keep you updated for life angel."

Kang Joon laughed at Sung Gyu's sweetness and playfully slapped his forehead. "Okay now stop."

Seojin grinned and nudged him. "Why? Jealous?"

"Of course not! I have you." Seojin laughed. Sung Gyu grinned playfully and imitated Kang Joon. "Okay stop."

The four of them laughed and headed to the elevator. Sung Gyu pressed the number 16th where their floor is while Kang Joon at the 19th. "So Se Yi, have you visited Doohyun ahjussi?"

Se Yi froze. Hearing her step dad's name makes her remember everything that she dreamt of. Sung Gyu noticed it and he attempted to change the subject. "Oh right, Se Yi told me that you invited us to dinner?"

"Oh yeah! It's tonight at our place. Seojin was wondering if you both can stay the night? She kinda wants to get to know you both better. Right Seo?"

"Yeah, so what do you say?" Seojin added.

"That would be great, right angel?"

"Oh? Uh, yeah" Se Yi answered looking uneasy.

Sung Gyu wished that they would arrive at the 16th floor already. He doesn't know anymore way if Kang Joon possibly asked them what the matter is. Fortunately, luck is on their side and they arrived at the 16th floor after making their plans for tonight's sleepover.

"So, see you guys tonight!"

"Okay." Sung Gyu replied. When the elevator door closes he looks at Se Yi looking down on her feet. "Se Yi, you alright?"

"I didn't visited Dad today.. He must be waiting for me.."

Sung Gyu cupped her cheeks making her feel the warmth of his hands flashing a warm smile at her. "Want me to go with you later before we head to Kang Joon's?"

She smiles and nods. "Please do. I want to see him even if I'm like this and I don't want him to feel alone. I don't think I can go on my own."

"Okay then." He replied.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

As planned, Se Yi and Sung Gyu headed to the prison to visit Doohyun. Still, Se Yi can feel her fear coming out again. As she sees Doohyun's presence approaching, she held her breath for a second and tightened her grip to Sung Gyu. When he felt it, he held her hand tight back and looked at her with a warm smile telling her that she can do it.

"Se Yi." Doohyun said. "I thought you wouldn't come today."

"Oh uh.. I'm sorry Dad. I thought to drop by since we're headed to Kang Joon's. Here I brought you some food to eat while you're here." Doohyun smiled.

"Thank you. But you didn't have to."

Se Yi smiled. "Dad? Can I.. tell you something?" She asks as her hands sweat in nervousness.

"Go ahead."

"I.. remember everything."