Chapter 40

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 10.


"Hey Dad!" Se Yi exclaimed. Doohyun chuckled and welcomed her daughter in. Se Yi grinned and kissed his cheek then walked inside.

"I told you not to come here. Your family might be waiting for you Se Yi."

Se Yi smiled. "I know. But I got another Dad that's been waiting for me too."

Doohyun smiled as his heart melt by Se Yi's words. As usual, they both sat down at the dining table and ate their dinner. Doohyun loved this. He likes it when Se Yi takes time to pay him a visit and eat meals with him so that he won't be alone.

But nothing last forever and we don't always get what we want.

Sometimes we just have to accept that things aren't always in our side. Doohyun knows that there will be a day when Se Yi will remember everything and all of this will come to its end. He smiles and pats Se Yi's head. She smiled back and continued eating.

"Oh right, Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Um.. It's my birthday tomorrow and um.. My family's going on a vacation with our friends. I was wondering if you can come with us. I'm sure it will be fun and I would love to have you there. And besides, now that I've think about it, I have the same birthday as your daughter right?"

The smile at Doohyun's face fell. "I'm sorry dear but I can't." he smiled. But his smile is full of pain inside. He held Se Yi's cheeks and chuckled. "But I've got an advance birthday present for you."

"Really?"

He nodded and headed to his room fetching a box and went back to the dining table. "Here. Happy Birthday my dearest daughter."

Se Yi opened it and saw a music box. She opened it and the ballerina started dancing. She then, cried and hugged Doohyun. "Dad, I love it. Thank you. I love you so much!"

Doohyun smiled. "I'm glad that you do. I was suppose to give that to my daughter.. But I can't. And now you are my daughter, I'm giving it to you."

"Thank you..."

"No, thank you Se Yi. Always remember that I'm thankful that you've come in my life and that I love you no matter what happens and no matter what you will know from now on."

Se Yi shakes her head in confusion not knowing why Doohyun is telling her this now. "Dad, I don't understand.. Wh- Why are you telling me this?"

Doohyun didn't reply and just smiled. He kissed his daughter's hands showing her that he regrets all of the wrong things that he has done to her. He stood up and ruffled her hair.

"You have to get going Se Yi. You have to rest since you'll have a big day tomorrow."

"Dad.."

"Don't worry about me. Go."

She sighed in defeat and kisses his father goodbye.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

I place the last things that I would need for today's trip and zip my bag up. I grabbed the music box that Dad gave me and smiled. It's really beautiful. It's a perfect gift. I placed it back inside the box and then into the paper bag. It's my treasure so I have to keep it safe. I grabbed my things and headed out seeing all of them placing their things inside the van. I felt a hand against mine, its oppa. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Happy Birthday angel."

"Thank you." he smiled and pressed his lips against my forehead.

"My oh my, let's not get cheesy early in the morning shall we?" Lay oppa said.

We both laughed. "I'll place your things at the car."

I nod and gave my things to him. "Happy Birthday honey." Mom said with Dad by her side.

"Thanks Mom." I smiled and gave them both a hug.

"We hope that you'll enjoy our present for you today Yinnie."

"I sure will."

We all got inside the car and Dad started driving. I really wish Doohyun appa will be here with us. I sigh and just looked outside. Nothing will change if I sigh all day anyway.

"That's one of a sigh angel. Something the matter?"

I smile and shake my head. "Nothing."

"Okay then? If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay."

I nod. "Thanks."

That's what I like about oppa. He respects everything that I want and still gives me some space. A few more hours and we arrive at the place. We went out the car and saw an unexpected guest.

"Kang Joon." Sung Gyu oppa said. I didn't say anything and just stared at him. It's not like I don't want him to be here. I just don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.

"Kang Joon-ssi!" unnie said and ran to him.

"Hello Jinhee-ssi." he said and looks at me. I looked back at him. I don't like the looks in his face.

"Please enjoy your stay and thank you for coming!"

"I will." he replied still looking at me. Oppa squeezed my hand and smiled.

"Oppa."

"Don't worry, I have nothing against what I just saw. I think you have to talk. It seems like he wants to."

"But.."

"It's alright angel." he said and kissed my cheek. "Like I just said, I have nothing against it. I trust you."

I smile. "Thank you."

He left and helped Mom and the others. Kang Joon approached me but I still, didn't talk. I don't know what to say now that he knows that I remember everything.

"Happy Birthday." he said then smiled.

"Umm.. Thanks." he chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Hey, I don't want things to be awkward between us."

"I..It's not."

"Really? Then can you explain that look you have on me earlier?" I cleared my throat and bit my lip. "I'm alright Se Yi. I don't plan on doing something okay?"

"I'm not saying-"

"Let me finish." I sigh and nod. "The reason why I went here is that I want to see how happy you are before I let you go. Just like my promise."

"Kang Joon.."

"I want you to be happy Se Yi. That's all that I ever want you to be."

I smile. "Thank you."

He smiled back and tucks a lock of hair in my ear. "You're welcome."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After all of Se Yi's friends have arrived, they all decided to take a swim. They all headed to the pool with their swimsuits on. Woohyun and Hoya jumped on the pool while yelling cannonball and splashing water to Sung Gyu which annoyed the older one.

"YAH NAM WOOHYUN!"

"Oops.. Sorry Hyung!" Woohyun chuckled making a peace sign.

"Ugh!" Sung Gyu groaned wiping the water off his face. "Aren't you going to swim Se Yi?"

"Nope." Se Yi replied shaking her head. "I'll just stay here with you."

"You know I can't swim."

"I know. You're afraid of the water."

"Then go. I don't want you to hold back because of me."

"I'm okay."

"Se Yi."

"I swear I'm fine." she smiled and picked her smoothie up, starting to drink it.

Kang Joon looked at them from afar and sighed. "At least she's happy." he whispered to himself. "What the- YAH!"

He shouted with Myungsoo, Sung Jong and Woohyun splashing water on him. "We don't like you ruining their love story." Sung Jong said.

Kang Joon scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I'm not here to ruin anything!"

"He's right." Lay stepped in. "Jinhee invited him because he helped Se Yi. Now please do the birthday girl a favor and be good boys."

"Promise that you won't do anything." Myungsoo said.

"I promise." Myungsoo smirked.

"You better be. Now that you've joined us, it's not fun if you break your promise."

"Oh I know." he replied. He walked towards Sung Gyu and Se Yi. He smiled at her and ruffled her hair. "Hey, not going to swim?"

"Nope. I'm just going to stay with oppa."

Kang Joon looked at Sung Gyu and smirked. "Why grandpa? Too old to swim?"

"YAH!" Sung Gyu shouted.

Se Yi chuckled. "Kang Joon-ah, stop."

"I'm just joking."

Se Yi smiled and stood from her sit. "I'll be back. I'll go get some food." she said leaving the two boys behind.

"She left us behind." Kang Joon said.

"Yeah." Sung Gyu replied. Silence creep in (except for Woohyun and Hoya's squeeling.) but Sung Gyu managed to break it. "You alright?"

"What do you think?"

"Sorry. I just can't give her in. She's important to me."

"I know and you are to her too that's why I'm letting her go."

"You're what?"

"I'm letting her go and search for Seojin."

"Who the hell is Seojin?"

Kang Joon chuckled. "Someone who's like Se Yi to you. But in my case, I still can't find her. I've been looking for her for 5 years."

"Oh.."

"Wow, thanks for the response."

"Well, what do you expect for me to say?"

"Nothing." he stood up and grabbed his towel. "Tell Se Yi that I'll go and wash up."

"Okay." Sung Gyu replied and watch Kang Joon leave. "Joon!"

Kang Joon looked back. "I'm sure you'll find her just like I find my Juliet." Kang Joon smiled and left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Nighttime came and Sung Gyu sat beside the pool staring at it. He heard chuckles at the other side and saw a couple playing by the pool. He smiled and sighed wishing he can do it with Se Yi too but the pool just scares the hell out of him. It reminds him of the time when he drowned when he was young.

"Oppa."

"Se Yi." he stood up and watches as Se Yi approach him.

"I went to your room but you're not there."

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Can you help me get in there?" he said pointing at the pool.

"You want to learn how to swim?" he nods. "Okay."

Se Yi got into the pool and looked at Sung Gyu. "Come here oppa."

"I..Is it not deep?"

"No, I can stand still." she replied.

"Okay.." Se Yi can tell that he's afraid so she stretched her hand out offering it to Sung Gyu.

"Take my hand oppa." he nods and takes it. "That's it. Slow and steady."

Sung Gyu starts to shake in fear as soon as his body got into the pool. "I'm scared.."

Se Yi smiled and hugged him surprising Sung Gyu with her action. "S..Se Yi?"

"It's okay. Mom always tells me that hugs are the best for wiping your fears away. It makes you feel safe." Sung Gyu smiled and stopped shaking. She's right. Now he feels safe with her hugging him.

"I think she's right." he said. Se Yi pulled out from the hug and ruffled his hair.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yes."

"Now try putting your whole body inside the water."

"I..Including my head?"

"Yes."

"B..But-"

"Don't worry oppa. It will be okay, I'm here."

Sung Gyu nods and closed his eyes and went under water. He opens them and saw Se Yi going under water too smiling at him. He smiled and went above the water to catch his breath. "You did it!"

"Yeah! I did!" he said then chuckled.

"Now I'll teach you the basic oppa and you'll learn how to swim eventually."

They both kept on going until Sung Gyu learned how to swim on his own. But he still hasn’t overcome his fear on going in the middle at the pool. At least he learned how to swim thanks to Se Yi. After playing, they both headed out to take a walk.

"Do you know the way around here oppa?" Se Yi asked.

"Nope."

She stopped in shock and looked at Sung Gyu. "We might get lost! Mom told us to he back before 10!"

"Don't worry. I know where we're going."

"I wish you do.." She said and followed him. She stopped on her tracks when she heard the sound of the sea approaching. Sung Gyu held her hands and smiled.

"Now I need you to close your eyes angel."

"Why?"

"Just close your eyes."

She chuckled and did as she was told to do. He takes her hand and led her to where he intends her to be taken. He stopped and lets go of her hand.

"You can open your eyes now angel." Se Yi slowly opened her eyes and gasp in surprise. There are candles lightened and placed on the sand forming the word Happy Birthday.

"Oh my god."

"You like it? I'm sorry that's all I can prepare.. I don't have enough ti-"

"Oh my god thank you!!!!"

"Y..You mean it? You really like it?"

"Yes! I love seeing lights right? And this is a perfect gift!" Sung Gyu smiled and hugged her.

"I thought you won't like it. Thank you angel."

"You're welcome. But oppa," she pulled out from the hug and looked at him. "Can you take a photo of me with your gift?"

Sung Gyu chuckled. "Of course Se Yi."

She gave him her phone and sat on the sand posing with the peace sign then smiled. Sung Gyu took her photo then gave her his phone. "It's beautiful!!"

Sung Gyu secretly takes a photo of her admiring his gift and uploaded it on his SNS. He smiled and placed a caption in it.

She took a photo of her light world and I did take a photo of mine. I love you angel, Happy Birthday.

He tagged Se Yi so that she can see it and then she saw a notification on her phone. She opened it and looked at Sung Gyu. "Oppa, thank you."

He smiled and pulled her close then placed his lips on hers. Se Yi wrapped her arms around her and kissed him back. They shared the most memorable and sweetest kiss that they ever did. Sung Gyu pulled her closer and held unto her hair smiling at the kiss. After a while, they pulled out and he pressed his lips on her forehead and she chuckled. "Happy Birthday my one and only angel."

"Thank you. I love you oppa."

"I love you too angel."

"Forever?" she asks playfully.

"No, until infinity."

"Until infinity."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

I lay down on my bed and held unto Dad's music box. I opened it and smiled. "Dad, I wish you're with us. You should've come with us, this is the best birthday that I have I can't wait to tell you everything."

I felt my phone vibrated so I closed the music box and checked on it. I smiled, it's Sung Gyu oppa.

From: Gyu oppa
08/01/2014 10:45 PM

Hey angel, I know that I've told you this for the nth time but still, Happy Birthday. I wanted you to read a message from me before you go to sleep so.. yeah. You've seen my post right? I really did take a picture of my everything. You're my world and my life Se Yi. I know you won't know how much pain I've went through when you were gone for a long time. I really feel empty back then. I even forgot how to smile when you're not with me. That's how much I needed you. I will really love you until forever and I want you to be the one that I'll spend my forever with. And the one that that’ll be the mother of my kids but don't worry that part can wait! I love how innocent you are so I can wait. I think I have to stop now because you really need to rest. Again, Happy Birthday and I love you until infinity.

I smiled and I typed my thanks. I don't want to send everything right now because I'll send it on his birthday. I sigh and lay on my bed and drifted to dreamland.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Mom!" Jinhee exclaimed in the morning. "They've found him!"

"Him? Who's that him unnie?"

"Yeah honey, what are you talking about?"

"Doohyun! They've found him!"

Se Yi froze hearing the familiar name. *Why do they know appa?*

“Umm.. unnie? Who’s this man we’re talking about?”

“Se Yi, I don’t want this to get into you this early but, He’s the reason why you’ve forgotten everything.”


Hi guys! Sorry for the late update! Haha! this will be my late christmas gift for you all! I'm happy that all of you are enjoying this fic as of now and I hope you all will until the end ^^ I hope you will njoy this chapter! I love you all and always keep safe!!

- ninakim0428_inspirit <3