Chapter 43

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 13.


Doohyun smiled. "I know."

"W..What?" Sung Gyu and Se Yi asked in unison.

"I know that you remember everything because you're father came here. He told me everything." 

"Dad did?" 

Doohyun nods. Even though everything seems painful for him, he knows that what Se Yi have felt and is feeling right now can't compare with what he felt when Eunjung died. He smiled and attempted to touch Se Yi but when he saw her flinch, he smiled again in pain and just chose not to. 

"D..dad I'm so-"

"No dear. No need to be. I know that someday, you'll remember all of the things that I have done and I know that you've been through so much pain than I did. You don't need to visit me anymore."

"Dad, no please wait-" Sung Gyu held her hand and shakes his head. She frowns and stopped. Sung Gyu held her told her that they should go and she followed him. She enters the car and stared straight. Sung Gyu steps inside the driver's seat and pulled her close caressing her hair then kissed her. 

"It will be alright."

"I know. Just stay by my side oppa... Only you can understand me right now."

"You don't need to tell me that. I'll stay with you forever." She smiles and nods.

Sung Gyu starts the car and started driving headed to Kang Joon's place. Sung Gyu opened her door and picked their things at the trunk. He held her hand and made her go inside. "Oh! You're here!" 

Se Yi smiles and nod. They both entered the house as she smiled at the sight. "Oh? Angel! You're back!" Eunhyuk exclaimed.

"Oppa!" She said and ran to Eunhyuk. "I've missed you!" 

"Me too! It's been a long time! How are you?"

"I'm fine." She replied then smiled. 

Sung Gyu smiles and ruffled her hair. "So this is the prince huh?"

Se Yi chuckled. "Yeah, this is my prince oppa. Kim Sung Gyu."

"Hey, I may just be an assistant but I took good care of her while she has nothing in her head and I treated her like she's my sister. Now if you make her cry, you'll be dead meat."

"Oppa!" 

Seojin smiled. "Come here, I'll show you the room."

Se Yi followed her from behind smiling remembering all of the memories that she made together with Kang Joon and Eunhyuk. "Kang Joon told me that you like to read?"

Se Yi nodded. "I guess he talks about me huh?"

"Very. I was quite interested about your story."

Se Yi let out a chuckle. "Everybody's interested in my story. But it's too long to tell. Guess it's destined to be given to me." 

Seojin laughs and sat on the bed. "Thank you. For taking care of him while I'm not there for him."

"No, he's the one that took good care of me so no need to thank me."

Seojin smiled. "I'm kind of jealous you know?"

"You are? Of me? How come?" Se Yi said with a chuckle. "Kang Joon really likes you Seojin."

"I know. But hearing him tell stories about you? It seems to me that he still likes you and has already forgotten about me."

Se Yi smiled at her cuteness. She can really tell that the two like each other so much. She chuckles and looks at Seojin. "I guess there's a misunderstanding here Seojin. The reason why he likes me is because he can see you in me."

"What?"

"Yeah," Se Yi laughs and flashed a smile at her then remembers something that she saw when she was still living at their house. "Come with me."

She took Seojin's hand then leads her to Kang Joon's workplace. "What are we doing here?" Se Yi smiled at her then made a hush sound opening the drawer and pulling out a box inside. She opens it and pulls out a picture then gave it to her.

"This is.."

"Yeah, I can see him looking at that every night. And this," Se Yi continued giving papers to her. "He's been looking for you for how many years. He told me that it doesn't matter what the reason maybe as long as he gets to see you again."

Seojin started to cry and Se Yi smiles and hugs her. "He loves you Seojin. So much. You have to know that."

Seojin nods and wipes her tears away. "I know, just like how Sung Gyu loves you."

Se Yi smiles and pinches her cheeks playfully. The door opened and the two boys came in. Sung Gyu flashes a smile at them and held Se Yi's hand. "We prepared dinner angel."

"Really?" Se Yi asks. "Let us see what kind of dinner you have prepared us then." 

Sung Gyu chuckled. "Hey, even though we're boys, it doesn't mean we can't cook." Kang Joon added.

"Really huh? Let's taste and see then." Seojin said. They all headed downstairs and the two girls was in awe at the beautiful and sweet set-up at the dining table. The table cloth was in elegant white and there are candle lights in the middle. The dishes were just simply Italian pasta with red wine but it was presented in a romantic way. Se Yi chuckled knowing that Sung Gyu's not the kind of man that has patience with this kind of things. Yes, he prepares her surprises but he admits in the end that he got a help from a certain person. So in conclusion for what she saw, She's guessing that Sung Gyu's contribution would be 10% of labor only and the remaining percent will go to Kang Joon. 

"What's wrong?" Sung Gyu asks noticing Se Yi's reaction.

"Let me guess," she said then points out certain objects at the table. "You only did the set up."

He laughs and flushed in embarrassment. "You're scary. You know me too much."

She smiled. "Well thank you very much." 

She replied. Kang Joon and Seojin laugh at their cuteness and they sat at the seat of their choice. Eunhyuk came back to his house for the weekend to be able for him to spend time for himself and also, to give them some time for themselves. "Okay! Now let's eat shall we?"

They all grabbed their chopsticks and started eating. Now, it was Seojin's turn to laugh. She knows that Kang Joon can't cook so it only meant one thing. Sung Gyu cooked. "What?" Kang Joon asks. 

"You're good at cooking Sung Gyu."

"How did you know?"

"This guy can't cook. That's the reason why he badly needs Eunhyuk."

Se Yi laughs. "Hey hey, at least keep me some shame Seo." Kang Joon said.


Se Yi.

After dinner, everybody went to bed but it seems that I can't. Maybe it's because I'm not used to this place anymore. I then, grabbed my jacket and head out. I took a walk till I notice a small playground. Returning back to my childhood won't hurt right? I walk to the swing and ride it. I love this feeling, I wish I can go back the time when I was small. The time.. when I was with mom. I shouldn't ride that car with her. Then maybe all of this wouldn’t have happened.

"Se Yi." I stood up and saw Sung Gyu oppa standing in front of me. 

"You're still awake?"

"Yeah. I told you don't go on your own."

"Sorry."

I walked to him and hugged him. He hugs me back and caressed the back of my hair. "Something's wrong huh?" He pulled away from my hug and led me to the bench to sit.

"What will you do if you can go back in time?" I ask. I'm starting these ridiculous questions again.

"Me?" He chuckles and gave my question a thought. "I guess back in the time when I just let you go with Eunjung-ssi on the way to the publishing company."

"Why that time?"

"Because if I came with you, the accident won't happen and you won't suffer so hard like this."

I smiled. "I think so too. That started everything."

He nods. "But what if you can wish time would stop, when would that be?" He asks.

"I think now would be the time." He laughs.

"Then I would stop it for you now." And it did. He leans closer and pressed his lips over mine. I close my eyes and let myself sink into the situation the I am in right now. I feel like everything is stopping right now. The only thing that didn't stop is my heart that is beating incredibly fast right now. He holds me in my waist and pulled me closer. I can feel his heart beat to as I place my hand on his chest. His feeling the same thing as me. After a while, he pulled back and looks at me.

"Did it stop?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah, it stopped."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After I finished my breakfast, unnie dropped me off at our office and she headed off to her office too. I heard rumors about someone who's interested to invest in our company. I wonder who it is.

"Hey," I jump in surprise as I felt a hand entwine around mine. "Surprised?"

"Don't ever do that again." He chuckles.

"I'm free to hold my girl's hand anytime right?"

"Who told you so?"

"You're mine aren't you?"

I laugh and shake my head in disbelief. But he's right, he's mine and I'm his. The girls at our back continue to gossip about that 'someone' who's interested in the company and we just ignored them. "Yeah, I heard the name's Hyuna."

I froze. Did I hear it right? No. There's a lot of name that's just like hers right? It's impossible. "You okay?"

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Hear what?" Oppa asks.

"N..Nothing." I said. I must've heard it wrong.

The elevator opened and we walked out. We headed to our place until I see someone who I don't want to see the most. "Hyuna?"

"Oh? Gyu!" She said and ran over to oppa and hugged him. She just hugged him. I felt a throb on my chest as I look away and walked to my place. I saw Kang Joon look at me and his eyes are telling me that I should explain why Hyuna just jumped on my boyfriend.

"Whoa Hyuna!" Sung Gyu oppa said pushing her away.

"Why? I missed you! Don't you just feel the same?" She whined. I can't hear anything anymore.

"Kang Joon, please tell me that I have to go out and ran some errands."

He smiles. "Yeah, you're going out and I'm taking you with me."

He takes my hand and I just let him do so. We walk to his office and he opened the door for me. "Care to tell me why you just let that girl did that to him?"

"I don't know. I can't talk right now I don't want what I am feeling right now."

My phone starts to ring and I know that its Sung Gyu oppa but I still didn't answer it. "It's him."

"I don't know whether I can talk right now. I'm at my workplace so I should work right?"

I said and left the room. I walked back to my place and picked up my things and saw Oppa waiting for me. "Se Yi!" I smiled and walked pass through him. "Wait can we just please talk?"

"Do we have something to talk about?"

"Se Yi plea-"

"We're at work so let's do our thing okay?"

"No." He grabbed my arm but I shoved it away. "Se Yi.." and I just left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu.

Crap. Just crap. She's mad at me. Why the hell did I just let Hyuna jumped at me like that? I run my fingers through my hair and sat in my chair. I glanced at Se Yi and she's crying. Damn it. What have I done? I want to go to her and hug her tightly and just lock her to my arms so that she won't ever leave my side. I'm afraid that something might happen. She stood up on her chair and grabbed her bag taking out her phone from her bag.

"Hello?" She said with a hoarse voice. "Oh mom.. yeah I did. I'm going later, I haven't visited him in a while. Please don't tell Dad." Is she going to visit Doohyun-ssi? She can't go alone.

"Oh oppa.." I flinch when I heard her say that. "He's... he's busy he can't go."  I stood up and looked at her. She avoided my gaze and turned around. "Yeah, bye." She puts her phone down and sat back to her seat continuing her work.

I stood up and stopped in front of her. "Oppa."

"Angel, can we talk?"

"I already told you-"

"Please?" She sighs and nod. We left the place and headed to the nearest cafe. After ordering drinks for the two of us, I walk to our table and placed our drinks down.

"Are you going to talk about her? Because if you do, I can't listen to that now."

"I'm sorry. I was just surprised earlier.." she didn't reply and just bit her lip and starts to cry. "Oh god angel I'm sorry.."

"No.. I just.. sorry.." she said and left. I wanted to stop her but I was just too dumbfounded and stared at her leave.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Days passed, and the two just kept on acting with awkwardness with each other. Although Sung Gyu knows that Se Yi's not feeling that comfortable with Hyuna being at their company every day, he can't help it because she was more superior to him. Whenever he was about to tell Hyuna that Se Yi's his girlfriend but Hyuna can seem to tell what he's going to say and just avoided the subject.

"Se Yi!" Sung Gyu called seeing her at the hallway. She stops and looks at him. "Wanna grab lunch?"

"Okay." She smiled and they headed out. He opens the car door for her and he drives to the nearest restaurant.

"Oppa, you we don't have to eat here. It's just lunch."

"We have to." he said as he park the car and he stepped out then headed to open her door. She looks at him weirdly and he chuckled. "What?"

"I think I know why we're here.."

"Yeah? Why?"

"You're breaking up with me." he stopped for a second and burst into laughter. "What?"

"You think I'm breaking up with you?"

"Yeah.."

"Well think again." Sung Gyu smiled and escorted her inside the place. he then grinned as he see the place, just as planned. "Well?" he looks at her as she steps inside the place decorated with white roses and lights shaped as stars above.

"You're insane." He chuckled. "This is amazing!"

He smiled. *I'm glad she likes it.* He thought. He walks to approach her and hugged her. "I'm sorry. I should've ran after you when you left yesterday. I'm really sorry angel. I can't bear to lose you."

She smiles and he felt her arms wrap around his waist as I felt her warmth. *I'll really love this girl no matter what.*

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

I went to visit Dad secretly on my own. The cops let me see him without him knowing because if he do, he won't show himself to me. I look at him as he sits in the corner and traces the ground with a stick. He's writing my name. I cry as I look at him. I want this to end for him. I can't see him like this any longer. It hurts every time I see him like this. Why does he have to go through all of this pain? It's not even his fault.. I unconsciously ran to him ad hug him tightly as I cry.

"Se Yi? What are you-"

"Dad I'm so sorry.. I really am.. I broke my promise.."

"What are you talking about?"

"I promised you... That we'll both go through this together. We're both scarred we have to go through this together.."

He smiles and nods. He then wipes my tears with his thumb. "Okay. We'll go through this and heal each other's past my princess."