Chapter 44

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 14.


"Done." Sung Gyu and Se Yi smiled as they finished sending Se Yi's story at the 2015 literature festival.

"Do you think it's nice?" She asks.

"Yeah, I've read it. You'll win for sure." Se Yi smiled and nod.

"Honey, time for lunch!" Se Mi exclaimed from the kitchen.

"Okay Mom!" Se Yi exclaimed. "Oppa, let's go?"

"Okay." Sung Gyu replied. The two of them headed to the kitchen and sat at the dining table. "Jinhee's not here?"

"Oh, unnie's preparing for her flight to London next month. She got an offer from a designer there."

"Really? That's good then."

"I know. Unnie really worked hard and it's her dream to work at a company in London."

Sung Gyu nods. "Ah that's right. Se Mi-ssi, can I take Se Yi out later?"

Se Yi stared at Sung Gyu confused. "Sure dear. Just remember her curfew okay?"

"Yes." He said while smiling.

"We're going out?"

"Yes." He smiled. "I'll be going now. Meet me at Gwanghamun Square at exactly 5 pm okay?"

"Alright?" Se Yi replied. He stood up and kisses her on her cheek then left.

"You didn't tell me that you have a date today." Se Mi said.

"Mom believe me. I didn't know either." Se Yi chuckles. "I have to get going. I told unnie that I'm going to meet her to help her with the fabrics that she will be needing."

"Okay be careful and hurry up if you want to catch up with your date."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

I drive my way to unnie's shop and pulled over at the drive way then grabbed my things. The bell rang when I opened the door and I saw Lay oppa sitting at the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm here for my girl. I'm leaving with her."

"You're what?!"

Unnie came in with a bunch of drawing papers on her hands. I bet she's working hard these days. She places them at the table and walks to me.

"Yeah, he's going with me."

"What about his job?" I ask. "It's such a waste to leave it here!"

"Who says I'm leaving my job? I'm assigned at the same city where Jinnie is going."

"What?" I shake my head in disbelief. I can't believe how much destiny is so in their side. I hate them for it.

"Yeah." Unnie grabbed her bag and we started to load her things on the car. "Say Yinnie? How's your story? Did they receive it?"

"I don't know. We just sent it."

"Oh, you should check it later. Who knows? Maybe you've won." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"That's nonsense. I just sent it for others to be able to read it that's all." I smiled. "But I do hope that they will like it. Just like how people like Oppa's stories. I kind of envy him for that."

I admit. I envy how Sung Gyu oppa's stories match the interest of most of the crowd. I want to learn how to write like that too. When it comes to him, it's effortless when for me I exert my whole effort to know what people's interests are.

"I'm sure they'll like it Yinnie, just how I like your stories." I smile.

"Thanks."

We then, enter the car and I let Lay oppa drive. I sat on the back and let my eyes wander around. I can't seem to think other things when I'm so nervous what the outcome of my story would be like. Weird right? I just managed to get through Literature when we're in college because of Sung Gyu oppa. I hope I get through this one without his help.

We arrived at our house and I help them unload all of unnie's things and we place them to her room. "You're back?" Mom said.

"Yeah." Unnie replied.

"That's a lot Jin." Dad said.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be needing it. I have to send this to Paris before I leave. I don't want to carry this entire burden."

I chuckled. That's my witty sister. "Oh yeah Se Yi, aren't you going to prepare? It' s quarter to four. You have to be at Gwanghamun before five remember?"

"Oh shoot! I forgot! Thanks mom!" I ran to the stairs heading to my room. I opened my closet and shoot I don't know what to wear. I hate being a girl! This is the hardest part whenever I have to go out with oppa.

"Gwanghamun? Why are you going there?" Unnie ask while leaning at my doorframe.

"I don't know either. He just asked me to go there." I said while throwing all kinds of clothes on my bed.

"He? You mean Sung Gyu oppa?"

"Yeah," I stopped and sigh. "Unnie? I think I may have to talk to you later. I'm going crazy not knowing what to wear here!"

She laughs and enters my room. "You realize what my profession is for little sis. I went here to help you."

"Oh... right."

"Now go and clean yourself. I'm going to take care all of this."

I smile. "Thanks!" I exclaimed running inside the bathroom. I gave myself a nice bath and then placed a towel on my hair. When I went back, my bed is 'clothing free' and the only thing that I can see is a dress colored in pastel green with a ribbon on it and a cute pair of shoes. When did I even had these?

"Is that mine?" I ask pointing at the dress.

"Yeah, I just did a little magic. Now try it out." I nod and tried the dress.

"Whoa."

"Yeah, it suits you."

"You're like my fairy godmother." She laughs and flicks my forehead. "Ah! Unnie!"

"She's too old to be me. Now wear these shoes."

"Do I have a time limit? Like when the clock strikes twelve or something?"

"Shut up Se Yi and wear it or else I'll put a curse on you and never wake up."

I laugh and wear the shoes. "Now let's fix your hair okay?" She let me sit on my chair and started fixing my hair. After a while, I'm finished. "There. I'll drive you there okay?"

"Okay."

We went downstairs and Mom saw me. She smiles and kisses me. "You look lovely honey."

"Thanks Mom."

"I'm sure Sung Gyu will like it."

"He should. I made her clothes. If not, I'm going to tear him into pieces."

I laugh and shake my head. We walk out to the car and get in. Unnie started the car and drives. "Why of all places Gwanghamun?"

"I don't know either."

"He must be up to something."

"You think so?"

"From what you've told me so far? I think so."

I chuckled. Is he really preparing something? After a while, we arrived at Gwanghamun. I just asked unnie to drop me off and she wished me good luck. I walk to the square and looked for oppa but I can't find him. It's already five so I texted him.

To: Gyu oppa
2/21/15 5:00 PM

Where are you? Are you here?

After a while he called. "Hello?"

"Angel, you here?"

"Yes. I can't find you there are so many people in here."

"Tell me what you're wearing."

"Umm.. a green dress?"

"Okay don't hang up."

And I didn't. I scanned the crowd and looked around. I'm starting to get dizzy. "Oppa?"

"I think I see you. Turn around." I did turn and saw him looking at me. "You look dashing."

I chuckled. I walk to him but bumped to someone. I was about to fall when he caught me. "Thanks."

Sung Gyu.

I ran to catch Se Yi when she was about to fall but then I realize that I lost something. "Shoot."

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"God no. I lost it!" I opened my palm and widen my eyes. Goodness why of all things do I have to lose the ring?!!!

"What did you lose?"

"Shoot shoot shoot! I'm such a klutz!" I looked at the ground and started searching. I can't lose that! It cost me so much!

"Oppa, if you care to tell me what you have lost I may be able to help you find it."

"I..I can't."

"You can't? Why?"

"I just... can't!"

"You're acting peculiar."

"Just give me time okay? I have to find it." I started looking at the ground. I don't care how I look right now but that ring belongs to Se Yi and only her. It's now or never Kim Sung Gyu.

"Noona!" A young boy approached Se Yi and said.

"Yes?"

"Is this yours? It's right behind you!" Shoot. It's the ring. I'm screwed.

"Oh," she looks at me and smiles. "I think it is mine. Thank you."

"You're welcome!"

I stood up embarrassed with what happened just now. My plan is screwed up. "I believe you're looking for this?"

"I screwed up."

She laughs. "It's the first that you've messed up."

"Yeah." She gave the ring to me and smiled.

"I think I'm giving you another chance. Here, try again. I'll pretend that I didn't saw anything."

"You're playing with me. It's never gonna work anymore."

"Yes it will. Now try." I laugh and shake my head. I kneeled in front of her and now all of the crowd's attention is on us. This is the reason why I want to propose to her in this place. To let all of the people know that she's mine. "See? It's working." She said.

I chuckled. "Angel, will you marry me?"

"Of course I will." She smiles and I grabbed her hand placing the ring on her finger. I stood up and we hear people clapping their hands to us.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I can't hide my joy. I shyly laughed and blushed. "There's still an element of surprise oppa even though you messed up."

"Yeah? What is?"

"This feeling."

I smiled and kissed her forehead. "I love you angel. Now and forever."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi sat at the couch and watch as I cook. She smiles and continues on reading her book. "Enjoying aren't we?"

She chuckles. "This will be my life everyday in the future."

I smiled. "I'm not okay by me the one cooking always though."

"I'll try to cook sometime."

"That will be nice my future wife."

She laughs. Her phone rang and she answers it. "Yes? Oh unnie! Really? Okay okay I'll check it!" She runs to me and held my arm. "Can I borrow your laptop? Unnie said that they already called!"

"Yeah sure. It's on my desk."

"Thanks!"

I can feel her excitement by hearing her footsteps at the stairs. She returns hugging my laptop and places it at the counter opening it. She taps her fingers and bits her nails in nervousness. I chuckle at her cuteness and turn the stove off after finishing cooking. I walk to her and hugged her from behind.

"I'm guessing there will be good news?"

"Yeah, unnie said they like my story and sent me an email about it!"

"Really? Let's see it then."

She nods. She opens her email and inputs her password and email them signs in. There's one unread email and we opened it.

 

To: Ms. Shin Se Yi
From: Writers Association in England

Good Day Ms. Shin,

We were reviewing all of the stories when your story caught our eyes. We started this contest because of the reason that we needed someone who can possibly work with us. We are looking for a writer that our company will be debuting and we think that you're very much suitable. We are very much looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely yours, 
Ms. Horver

My heart dropped. She wanted her to go there and work. That only means that we're going to be separated again.


Hi guys! Sorry for the long post but I'm going to have to be idle for a little while. There's so many school papers that I'm working on so... yeah. TT.TT I'm gonna miss you guys! See you on summer! But I hope you will enjoy this chapter :) Will be back soon! Always keep safe and I love you all!! :*

- ninakim0428_inspirit <3