Chapter 39

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 9.


Sung Gyu stares at Se Yi as she reads her book. He smiled and steals a kiss on her cheek. She smiled back and continued on reading as they both lie on the grass looking at the stars. Sung Gyu played with her hair and looked at the stars.

"I guess Kev is happy now." he said.

"Yeah, I miss him."

"Me too." Sung Gyu replied. "Are you ready? Jinnie will be here."

"I am. I want to see them too."

Sung Gyu smiled and hugged her tightly like there's no tomorrow. Well for him, he's scared as time pass. "Oppa what's wrong?"

"I'm scared. I don't think I can sleep tonight. I'm scared that what if I wake up I can't see you again?" Se Yi smiled holding his cheeks.

"That won't happen. I'm back oppa so don't worry." he smiled tucking a lock of hair on her ear.

"S..Se Yi?" Se Yi stood up and saw her sister together with Lay. She smiled and Jinhee pulled her to a hug. "Oh god you're alive! I knew it! I just know that you're alive! Se Yi-ah."

They pulled out from the hug and Se Yi smiled at her sister. "I've missed you unnie."

"Me too."

Se Yi looked at Lay and smiled at him. He smiled back and ruffled her hair. "Welcome back."

She chuckled. "So you're both dating now?"

"Yeah." Jinhee replied.

"That's great then." Lay smiled and hugged the both of them.

"I'm glad my girls are complete again." he said. Sung Gyu pulled Se Yi and wrapped his arms around her.

"She's MY girl if I must say." Se Yi chuckled and shakes her head in amusement.

"Possessive aren't we?" she said.

"You're mine and only mine." Jinhee rolled her eyes and laughed. She takes her sister's hand and winked.

"You only love me right my dearest sister?"

"Of course unnie." Se Yi winked back.

"Here that boys?" they all laughed. "Now let's get you back home. I'm sure Mom and Dad wants to see you."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

"Goodluck angel." Oppa said and kissed my forehead. "I'm happy that you're back."

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks, me too."

“Now go in, they're waiting for you."

I nod and walked my way in with unnie waiting for me at our front door. She opened the door for me as we step inside the house. My heart skipped a beat seeing it. It's been a long time since I've last stepped inside this house of ours.

"I'm back!" unnie exclaimed from the front door smiling at me. We're really back. Back to our own house.

"Welcome back Honey!" mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Mom.." her voice. I missed her so much.

"Go on." Unnie said. "I'll follow, I'll call Dad. He's always upstairs at your room whenever I come back from work."

I nod. Unnie took the stairs and I made my way to the kitchen.

"Jinnie dear? Can you pass the meat from the fridge from me? I forgot to tak-" Mom was cut off when she saw me. She dropped the knife that she's holding and I gasp in surprise.

"Oh god Mom! Are you alright?!" I exclaimed and ran to her.

"S..Se Yi? I..Is that you?" I smiled at her and nod.

"Yeah, I'm back Mom."

"Se Yi!" she exclaimed and pulled me to a hug. She started crying and I did too.

"Mom...." she hugged me tighter as we continue to cry.

"Se Yi?" I turned around and saw Dad standing in front of me. He's gotten thin.

"Dad.." I said and hugged him.

"Oh Se Yi!" he exclaimed. "You're alive!!" he hugged me tighter and continued to cry. He pulls away and I smiled, wiping his tears away.

"You've gotten thin Dad.."

He chuckles. "Because you left us."

"I'm sorry.." he shakes his head no and hugs me again resting his chin on my head.

"No, it's not your fault. That is not important anymore. What's important is that you're here alive, with us." I smiled. Dad's right. They love me and they're willing to wait until forever just for me.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"So you don't remember anything the day before the accident?" Jinhee asks.

"Um.. No. What I just know is that Kang Joon found me drenched in blood."

"Can you tell me where Kang Joon lives? I want to talk to him."

Se Yi smiled. "Okay."

Jinhee stood up from Se Yi's bed and kissed her sister goodnight. "Goodnight Yinnie. I'm glad that you're here again."

Se Yi smiled. "Me too. I love you unnie."

Jinhee stood up and nods. She turns off the light for her and then leaves. Se Yi pulled her covers on her and closes her eyes when she heard something. She sat up and looks around but it's so dark.

"Who's there?" she asks. She slowly grab something from her dresser and leaves her bed.

"Hey." somebody said. She gasps and was about to shout when the person covers . "Be quiet Se Yi! I'll be in trouble if you do!"

Se Yi's eyes widen seeing Sung Gyu. "O..Oppa?! What the hell are you doing in here? Wait, no. HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?!"

Sung Gyu laughs. "You still don't remember. I've learnt how to climb your room."

"Wha-" Se Yi looked at her balcony and saw it open. She ran through it and looked at the tree. "You climbed the tree and got in here?"

"Yeah."

"What if you fell?! That's dangerous are you insane?!"

Sung Gyu laughs. "Okay okay calm down angel."

"How can I calm down?! And it's already late oppa!"

"I'm sorry, I just want to see you. I'm afraid that if I sleep, all of these are just a dream..." Se Yi's anger faded. She sat on her bed and pats the space next to her telling him to sit next to her. Sung Gyu did and lies down on her lap.

"You think I'll forget everything again?" she asks.

"Yeah. Just like the time when I left and for a second, something bad happened." she smiles and pats his head.

"It won't happen. We're together again."

"That's why. It's like everything is against us."

"Don't talk like that." Se Yi pinched his nose slightly and he chuckled.

"How's today?" he asks as he held her cheek while looking up on her.

"Mom and Dad cried. Dad's gotten thin. Unnie told me that she often sees him in my room whenever she comes back from work. They've been miserable without me. I thought they're not when I last seen them. They were so happy."

"No, you're wrong." Sung Gyu said. "We've been miserable the time the cops told us that you might have been dead. This sound funny but if you ask Myung? I stopped smiling and I think I forgot how to laugh back then."

"Oppa.."

"I'm not saying this to make you feel bad angel," he sat up and faces her. "I just want you to know that we can't go on without you. You're playing an important role in our lives so don't ever think that we're happy without you."

Se Yi smiles and hugs him. "Thank you."

Sung Gyu kisses her and pulls her close. After a while he chuckled and lays down on her bed pulling the covers on him. "Let's sleep."

"You're sleeping here today? You'll be scold in the morning."

"Don't worry, I've done this before."

"Before? With whom? You slept at another house?" Se Yi frowned.

"Is my angel jealous?"

"N..No... Just asking." Sung Gyu smirked and pulled her next to him. She gasps and looks at him. "Oppa!"

"You're jealous aren't you?" he said as she lies down on his arms.

"I told you I'm not! Why are you so-" he shut her up with a kiss and smiled.

"Shh. Better be quiet angel or we'll be caught." Se Yi flushed. "I'm just joking. Why would I sleep at another girl's house? I would only sleep at yours."

She smiled. "Okay."

"Okay? That's it?"

"Yeah. What else should I say?" he laughs.

"You're really different from other girls." she giggled.

"I'm sleepy oppa."

"Okay, let's sleep." he pulled the covers on them and hugs her tightly. "Goodnight angel."

"Mm. Goodnight." she replied.

"I love you."

"I love you too oppa. Forever."

"Wow." he said

"What?"

"You remember." she smiled.

"Of course I do."

Sung Gyu kisses her forehead and smiled. "I love you too angel. Forever."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Se Yi-ah? Good Mo- OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS! SUNBAE?!" Jinhee exclaimed in surprise as she enters Se Yi's room.

"Shh. She'll wake up!" Sung Gyu whispered loudly.

Jinhee immediately closed the door behind her and locks it. She shifted her gaze to her sister and then to Sung Gyu. She walks to him and flicks his forehead.

"Ah!" he winced in pain. "What was that for Jinhee?!"

"What was that for? You want me to kill you?! Why are you in here?!! What did you do to my sister? Goodness she's still young!!!"

"Woah there! We didn't do it!"

"What?"

"We just slept that's all!"

"You know I can kill a person who's lying to me."

"Nothing happened I swear!" Jinhee looks at him and rolled her eyes.

"You better be telling the truth."

"Unnie? Oppa? What's happening?" Se Yi asked and rubbed her eyes.

"God you wake her up. Gee thanks Jinhee." Sung Gyu said.

Jinhee scoffed. "Get the hell out of here before Mom and Dad sees you."

"Oppa? You're still here?!" Se Yi got up on her bed. "Go back home now!"

Sung Gyu laughs. "You two are really siblings." he said and hugs Se Yi. "I'll see you later then angel."

Se Yi nods and smiles. "Mm. Be careful."

"I will." he said the climbs down at Se Yi's balcony. "I love you."

Se Yi chuckles. "I love you too. Now look down or you'll fall."

Sung Gyu laughs and nodded. He went down safely and started his car pulling over from their drive. He waves at her for the last time and headed home. Se Yi turns and saw her sister looking at her suspiciously.

"What?"

"First morning that you're back and you almost got in trouble Yinnie."

Se Yi laughs and hugs her sister. "I'm sorry. We got sleepy and just slept."

"Swear that nothing happened?"

"What happened?"

"Oh gosh I forgot. You're still innocent. Anyways, I'm glad that you are."

"Wait, are you saying that we- NO UNNIE WE DIDN'T I SWEAR."

Jinhee laughs. "Alright I believe you. Now let's eat. I have to go and talk to Kang Joon-ssi."

"Oh right, okay then."

After eating their breakfast, Jinhee together with Se Yi headed to Kang Joon's office. Se Yi left Jinhee alone since she have things to do. Jinhee waited until Kang Joon arrives.

"Oh, so you must be Se Yi's sister?" Kang Joon asked.

"Uh yes. I'm Shin Jinhee. Nice to meet you." Kang Joon took her hand and smiles.

"I'm Seo Kang Joon. Please take a seat. I was told that you wanted to talk to me."

"Yes. I wanted to thank you for taking care of my sister."

"Oh it's nothing. Se Yi's been a good friend to me in return." he said and drinks his coffee. "But I'm guessing that it's not the only thing that you want to ask me?"

"Yes." Jinhee smiled. "You're a sharp person if I must say Kang Joon-ssi."

"Thank you," Kang Joon replied putting his cup down. "But what is it that you want to ask?"

"You see, I wanted to know who and where is the person that caused all of this to happen to my sister. I want to ask where you found my sister. It may be a help to the cops when I report it to them."

"Oh right. Well okay then, I can help you with that."

"Thank you."

"I can drive you there."

They both rode Kang Joon's car on the way back to the place where Kang Joon first saw Se Yi. They got off the car and Kang Joon led the exact place where he found Se Yi.

"It's here."

Jinhee scanned the place but it's nothing familiar to her. "I haven't been in here. I wonder why she was in here." she sighs and rubs her temples in pain. She really wanted to know who did this to her sister and the only person she can suspect is Doohyun.

"Don't worry Jinhee-ssi, I'm sure that the cops will find the person who did this. And if you need help, just call me. I am very much willing to help you for Se Yi's sake."

Jinhee nods and smiled. "Thank you very much."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Jinhee

"There is a recorded accident at the same place Jinhee-ssi." the policeman said as they check on the records.

"Really? What kind of accident?"

"It's a car accident. The record was from two years ago. Time recorded was around 2 in the morning."

My eyes widen. "Can you elaborate it further?"

"Yes. It was a car that fell at the cliff. But there's nothing found inside but a necklace. I'm guessing that it's the same record that your sister's accident just like what we're suspecting. Is her memory back? It might be a big help Jinhee-ssi."

"Not yet. But I can't bring her here just now ahjussi. She might have a breakdown. She can't remember everything at once."

"I see. But we'll check on the place that you've told us. It's a big help and we might find something soon."

I sigh in relief. "Thank you ahjussi."

"Okay. Rest assured Jinhee-ssi. We'll be contacting you if we find something."

I nod. "Sir!" A policeman exclaimed as he enters the police station.

"What?"

"We just find out that Lee Doohyun is alive!"