9

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 9


Sung Gyu

I opened the notebook and read the story that Se Yi wrote. My heart started to beat fast as I read every single word. My lips formed into a curve as I continued to read.

But it hurts whenever I see him go. I don't want to let him go. Sometimes, what's happening around me is just good to be true that I wish that it's just a dream that I'm having and I don't want to wake up anymore.

These words, she wrote it with her heart. Now it makes me want to wait for her even more. She's making every single second worth it. She's worth waiting for.

"Sunbae!" I turned around and saw Jinhee approaching. I smiled and waved at her.

"Oh hello Jinhee."

"Sunbae! Thank you very much!" I shot her a weird look. What the hell is the thank you for?

"Uh, you're being vague Jinhee. I don't understand what's the thank you for."

"Se Yi's talking again! It's all thanks to you!! She asked me to help her. Thank you!"

Yeah. It's starting again. My hearts beating like hell. Se Yi's starting to talk again because of me. It makes me want to barge in her class and shout that I will wait for her even if takes forever. I'm not going to give this up. I'll be waiting for her even if it's the last thing I'll do.

"And also for the time that you let her stay at your house when she's drenched in the rain, thank you."

I chuckled. "Yeah. It's nothing. She's still clueless on how her clothes got in there."

She laughed. "Well, yeah. She'll find out soon enough. And sunbae," she held my shoulders making me face her. "Please wait for Se Yi. She just need time to get over what happened to her. She's just afraid. You should know that she loves you as much as you love her sunbae."

I smiled and ruffled her hair. "Even if you don't tell me personally, I'll wait for her. But thank you though Jinhee, you're being a good sister for her."

She smiled. "I have to be. I'm the only one that's left for her. Well, dad's an additional support but I'm still better." I chuckled. She really is more cheerful than Se Yi.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Se Yi!" Lay called and approached Se Yi.

"Oh? Oppa." Lay was surprised. Even though Jinhee told him what happened, he still can't believe it himself. He heard Se Yi talk right in front of him.

"So it's true huh?"

"What is?" Lay smiled and pats Se Yi's head.

"About you talking. Jinhee told me everything. I tried for how many times, and I didn't even get a word from you. I envy him. You love him don't you?"

"Oppa.. Please.." he stepped closer and hugged Se Yi.

"I love you so much that I can't even take a single second that you're with him. That's the reason why I don't want him. He gets what I don't."

Se Yi sighed and shot Lay a guilty look. "No.. Please don't think that way oppa.. It's not like that.."

"Then what is?"

"Oppa, what happened to you really?"

"You happened Se Yi."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I walked silently on my way back home. I'm feeling guilty all over my body with what Lay oppa just said earlier. I saw Dad cleaning his car on my way back and smiled.

"Dad." he smiled and gestured me to come over. I nodded and walked to him then gave him a hug.

"You're really talking now huh?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Dad, I'm feeling bad.. Can you treat me an ice cream?"

He laughed. "Sure. Call your sister and change up."

I smiled and nodded. I headed inside the house and knocked on Jinhee unnie's room. "Oh? You're back?"

I nodded. "Dad said to dress up. He's going to treat us to ice cream."

She turned her chair and raised her eyebrows playfully. "Seriously?" I chuckled and nod.

"Oh god, this is the first time ever! Hurry up and change Se Yi!" she ran to her closet to find something to wear. I chuckle and headed to my room.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After getting ready, Dad brought us to an ice cream parlor. I ordered Double Dutch while Jinhee unnie ordered Cookies and Cream.

"Seriously you two. You're already college students and I can't believe that you're still looking forward on eating ice creams." we both laughed.

"Well, it's rare for you to treat us dad. Might as well grab the opportunity while we can." he laughed at unnie's statement and looked at me.

"I have to say, you have a way with words Jinhee and while I'm at it, Se Yi wants to come here because she's feeling bad."

Unnie gasps and looked at me. "Why?! Where?! Does it hurt somewhere?! Are you sick?!"

I laughed. "No unnie.. I just want to talk to you both.. I feel like I'm a bad person."

"Why? What's wrong Se Yi?" Dad asked in concern.

I smiled. "Ani. It's nothing."

"You can tell us anything Yinnie. We're your family right?" I smiled at dad.

"Really, it's nothing. I just want to eat out with you both." they smiled at me.

I can't tell them. I really can't.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I heard a knock on my door and saw Jinhee unnie went in. Then she jumped on my bed and looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What 'What'? Tell me what's wrong. I know something's wrong."

"It's nothing unnie." she raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

I sighed in defeat. I hate it how much she knows me. I can't hide anything from her. "Alright.. It's about Lay oppa. He knows how I feel about Sung Gyu oppa.. And I feel bad."

"Thought so."

"Was it too obvious?"

"Nope. I just know what will happen after I told him that."

"What do I do unnie?"

She smiled and held my cheeks squishing them together. "Tell him why you rejected him."

"Unnie!"

"I know. I will be fine. I can handle myself Yinnie. Tell him that I'm the reason why you rejected him."

I sighed and looked at her with guilt. "I told you that I will be freaking fine. Just tell him."

"Arasso.. I will.."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Oppa!" Se Yi called and approached Sung Gyu.

"Oh my god. She's talking." Myungsoo said. Sung Gyu laughed and nodded.

"Yeah she's talking now." Se Yi smiled.

"I brought ice cream. Dad brought some earlier."

"Wow, you brought ice cream and you're talking. I love you Se Yi!!" Myungsoo exclaimed and was about to hug Se Yi but..

"Try hugging her and I'll leave you for a month."

"Oh come on hyung, I still love you more."

Sung Gyu rolled her eyes and laughed. "Let's go Se Yi."

They all went inside the cafeteria and sat at their usual place. Myungsoo eyed the ice cream and grinned. Se Yi laughed and pushed the ice cream on his side.

"You can eat it if you want to."

"Alright!" Myungsoo exclaimed in joy and said.

Sung Gyu rolled his eyes and laughed. "Here Se Yi, I wrote something, check it."

Se Yi took the notebook and started to read. "Oh my god. Best ice cream ever! Is this from the ice cream parlor near the bus stop Se Yi?"

"Uh yeah. We went there last night and Dad bought some for you three."

"Three?" Sung Gyu asked.

"Yeah. For you, Myung and Lay oppa."

"Oh." Sung Gyu replied shortly.

"I like it oppa. Did you read what I wrote the other day?"

"Yeah, that's why I was able to write." Se Yi smiled. Her phone rang and she answered it.

Sung Gyu

"Hello?" I looked at Se Yi as she answers the phone. "Oh, alright. I'll go there. I have the ice cream with me. Mm. See you."

She hang up and stood up. Somehow, I think I know who exactly she's talking to. She stood up and picked her bag.

"I have to go. See you later!"

"Mm. Bye!" Myungsoo waved at her and smiled.

I nodded. A part of me wants to grab her and tell her don't go. I'm afraid that every time she's with him. I can't help but be jealous of him. Maybe I'm going to have a little move.

"Myung, can I borrow your guitar?"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I saw Lay oppa sitting at his usual place, playing with his guitar. I smiled and sat next to him.

"Oh, you're here?" I nodded and handed him his ice cream. "Whoa, so he really got me my favorite huh?"

I chuckled. "Yeah."

He started eating it putting his guitar on the side then looked at me. "Se Yi, are you both together now?"

Hearing his question, you can say it's vague. But to me hearing it, I exactly know what he's talking about. "Not yet."

"Yet huh? So I guess you really like him."

"Oppa.."

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "Why did you reject me?"

My body stiffens hearing those five words. Where exactly is this conversation going to? He finishes his ice cream and looked back at me.

"Answer me Yinnie." Oh god, he's mad. He called me by my nickname. I'm trapped.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Hell yes."

I sighed. "Okay then. Because of unnie."

"Jinhee? Why her?"

"Jinhee unnie, likes you."

He shot me a surprised look. "What the hell?"

"Yes. Unnie likes you oppa."

"Then, for once. Just once. Did you like me?"

I didn't answer and clenched my fist. "Se Yi."

"I.. I did." he smiled.

"Wow. I didn't expect that."

"But please oppa, this is not the reason why I told you everything. And I don't want you to blame Unnie for us not being together. That's not the only reason."

"I know. And I know you love Sung Gyu now. But it still wouldn't change anything Se Yi."

"I know."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I walked to the campus after my class ended and saw Sung Gyu oppa. He's with Dong Woo-ssi and... A girl that I don't know. She's pretty. I stared at them from afar and realized how they look together. They fit. I felt a sting on my chest. It hurts. I know I don't have a right because he's not my boyfriend but it just hurts.

"Se Yi-ah!!" Dong Woo-ssi called and approached me. Sung Gyu oppa and I locked eyes and I immediately break it. The girl's looking at me too.

"Oh, hi." I forced a smile.

"We're about to go home! Want to go with us?"

"Oh I-" I saw oppa and the girl approach. "I can go by myself.."

"You can go with us Se Yi." Sung Gyu oppa said.

"Your girlfriend Woo?" the girl asked.

"Haha! No! But I wish she were." I chuckled.

"Yah! Jang Dong Woo!"

"Omo? What are you getting pissed for Gyu?"

Gyu. She called him Gyu. "N..Nothing. Let's go Se Yi." he grabbed hand and pulled me with him.

He opened the car and tossed the key to Dong Woo-ssi. "You drive. I'm going to ride at the back."

"What? Why?!"

"I'm going to seat with Se Yi!" My heart skipped a beat and I'm feeling that if I just continue to stand here, my knees won't be able to support me any longer. "Now let's go in!"

We motioned ourselves inside. The girl sat beside Dong Woo-ssi. "What's your name?" she asked.

"Uh.. Se Yi.. Shin Se Yi.."

"Well nice to meet you Se Yi! I'm Hyuna. Kim Hyuna."

"Oh... Nice to meet you too." she smiled and turned back to her seat.

"Our Gyu likes you I'm guessing?"

"Eh?" "HYUNA!" we both said in unison.

She chuckled. "Oh my? Did she not know Gyu?"

"Shut up!!" I don't like this feeling. They're really close huh?

I felt my phone vibrated so I opened it. It's Lay oppa. I was about to reply when Sung Gyu oppa grabbed my phone and I gasp in surprise.

"Dong Woo stop the car. We're getting off."

"Oh, okay." the car stopped and oppa opened the door pulling me with him.

"I'll go back on my own. Take Hyuna home and take the car with you."

"Arasso." Dong Woo-ssi replied and left.

"Oppa.." He didn't talked and walked so I followed him from behind. Silently that is. We ended at the park so he sat down putting his guitar to the side. He smiled and pats the seat next to him.

"I want to sing. Is that alright with you?"

"Oh? Oh. Of course. I would like to hear you sing." I smiled. I'm serious though, I'm dying to hear him sing.

He started to strum the guitar and looked at me.

 (A/N: If I'm gonna fall in love - A Rocket to the Moon ^^) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15x27KGu-ns

I'm gonna take my time
Make sure that the feeling's right
Instead of staying up all night
Wondering where you are

Miles and miles away
In a town in another state
I wanna know if you just can't take
The thought of us apart

If I'm gonna fall in love
There's gotta be more than just enough
I gotta get that old feeling
I gotta get that old high

I come from an empty town
Far away from the city sounds
I'd like to settle down someday
And I need to know your past
Something that'll take you back
'cause I wanna live like that one day

If I'm gonna fall in love
It's gotta be more than just enough
I gotta get that old feeling
I gotta get that old high

You gotta love to roll
Gotta live life like a rolling stone
I gotta get that old feeling
I gotta get that old high

If I'm gonna fall in love

I can't stop wondering why
You're taking so long to find
Maybe I should just let go
But baby all I know...

Is I'm gonna fall in love
Someday, somewhere you'll show up
I'm gonna get that old feeling
I'm gonna get that old high

If I'm gonna fall in love
There's gotta be more than just enough
I gotta get that old feeling
I gotta get that old high

You gotta love to roll
Gotta live life like a rolling stone
I gotta get that old feeling
I gotta get that old high

If I'm gonna fall in love

I gotta get that old high
I gotta get that old high

If I'm gonna fall in love

 

I chuckled at the song. He sang their song. My favorite band. It's cute. "I didn't know you can sing."

"I didn't know you can either until you sang in front of me." I laughed.

"Sorry. I lost it. Earlier I mean. I'm going to be honest Se Yi. When I saw his name earlier, I freaked out. I don't want you talking to him."

My heart started to beat fast again. Is he jealous? "I.. I know that you told me to wait for you. And I'm going to Se Yi."

He sets his guitar down and placed his gaze back to me then holds my hand. "You see, I kind of overheard your conversation earlier.. I kind of followed you because you forgot this." 

He hands me my handkerchief. So that's where it is. I took it and looked at him. "I heard that you liked him. And I'm afraid to lose you. I need an assurance Se Yi. That you’ll be mine someday. I know I'm being persistent but I really want you Se Yi and you're worth every second I'm waiting for. Just give me an assurance Se Yi.."

I smiled at him. "Let's try it for a week then. If I can do it after a week, I'll be your girlfriend."