5

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 5


"Oh? You're here!" Jinhee exclaimed after opening the door. Her eyes landed on Sung Gyu and shot him a surprised look. "Why is he with you?"

"He went with Se Yi earlier. Now let our visitor come in. " Jinhee eyed Sung Gyu and let him in.

Se Yi

I saw Lay oppa at the living room playing with his guitar. I knocked on his guitar and he pulled his earpphones off then faced me.

"Oh you're back?"

'I'm back minutes ago and you didn't even looked at me.' I signed.

He chuckled and pats my head. "Mianhae."

'You're mad at me are you?'

He laughed. "Why would I be-" he noticed that the kitchen is noisy where Jinhee unnie and Sung Gyu oppa are chatting he looked at me and grabbed my wrist. "Now I'm furious. Why is he here?!"

Sung Gyu

Jinhee told me to come with her so I did. I glanced at Se Yi and she's with Lay. Somehow her being with Lay hurts me the most.

"You like my sister don't you?" I flinched. Am I really an open book?! Goodness!

"What makes you say that?"

She smiled and grabbed a bowl and started to put some rice in it. "I hate it when she's with him. That's what your thinking right?"

I chuckled. "I'm surprised that you agreed to help Se Yi. Most people would laugh and bully her saying that she's weak and all."

"Well, I'm not like them."

"I know. And I think she's comfortable with you that's why she talks with you. I envy you sunbae. I hate you." I laughed.

"Jinhee-ah, I'm hungry. Can't we eat now?" Yoonju-ssi said while rubbing his stomach.

"You're the father. That's what I should be asking you." Jinhee replied and he laughed. "Yeah we can. I just finished cooking before you all arrived. Good thing I made enough for all of us."

"I get it. Now call those two. Lay's having a tantrum again." 

"Again?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's always like that."

Jinhee rolled her eyes and went to where Se Yi and Lay is. I watch them as they are being called. Lay groaned and placed his guitar on the table. He motioned himself across me and looked at me. His look is kind of intimidating. Well, the feeling's mutual. I don't like him either.

"Yah oppa. Just eat. You're not invited here anyways." I choked.

"Don't worry Sunbae. I'm not pointing you too. He stepped in here first."

"Yah Shin Jinhee!" Lay glared at her.

"Hey kids, we're eating here." Both of them sighed and continued eating. Lay is still eyeing be badly and I just looked at him back.

"L..Lay oppa." we all froze and turned to Se Yi.

"Y..You talked!" we said in unison. We're like praising a kid who's learning how to talk but we can't help it since Se Yi's still recovering.

"You talked just now right? You called me!" Lay said.

Se Yi nodded and signed something I again, don't understand. I'm really going to learn sign language. I'm sure of it.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

What happened last night was fun, having dinner with Sung Gyu oppa was fun. I smiled at the thought and continued to walk.

"If you're thinking about him stop. I'm hating it." I stopped walking and looked at Lay oppa.

"I know what you're thinking Se Yi. So stop." I continued to look at him. He's serious just be looking at him makes me numb.

'Do you like me that much?'

"I love you like crazy." I gulped at his straight-forward confession.

'Oppa. Please..'

"I'm going. See you later." he said and waved me goodbye.

Since they're not allowing me to go home myself, I have to wait for Lay oppa to finish since Unnie doesn't have class today. I decided to head to the library since I still have four hours to kill.

I sighed and grabbed a book. I don't feel like seating at the chair right now so I sat on the floor and placed my backpack beside me. I sit with my legs crossed and started reading. Just then my phone vibrated.

Sung Gyu: Where are you?

Me: At the library why?

Sung Gyu: I'm at the library too but I can't see you.

Me: I'm not sitting at the chairs.

Sung Gyu: Not in the mood?

Me: Guess so.

Sung Gyu: Don't move an inch. I'm going to find you.

I froze after I read his text. He's going to find me. Why do I feel like I want him finding me? I sat here frozen. He's getting what he wants. I'm not moving an inch, not even a centimeter because I'm frozen. Am I even breathing?

"Found you." I raised my head up and he's standing right in front of me. I gulped in surprise and looked at him.

He smiled and sat next to me. 'Hello.'

'Oh, Hi.' Wait. I widen my eyes and looked at him surprised. Did he just used sign language to talk to me?

'Why?' he signed. He's really doing it.

'Are you doing what I'm thinking you're doing?' he chuckled. He opened his backpack and grabbed a book from it handing it to me.

I read the book. He's learning sign language. I looked back at him surprised. 'Why are you reading this?'

"For you to communicate to me comfortably. I think it's hard for you to communicate to me using your phone so I'm learning it."

It skipped a beat. My heart skipped a beat again oh my goodness. 'I told you that I'm a burden.'

"No you're not. I want you to be comfortable. And also, I wanted to understand every single thing that you're saying." he smiled.

'Thank you.'

"Anything for you Se Yi."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"So, any progress?" Woohyun jumped on Sung Gyu's bed and stared at him as he read a book.

"What progress?"

Woohyun gasped and grabbed the book from Sung Gyu. "Oh my God! You're still not dating her?!"

"Who's dating who?! And give me that back!"

"That's the problem with you hyung! You're such a nerd! Stop reading and make a progress with Se Yi!"

"Give me that back." he stole the book from Woohyun and continued reading.

Woohyun growled and sighed. "You're hopeless. Ah!"

The younger one ran outside Sung Gyu's room and headed out.  He grabbed his backpack and went back to Sung Gyu's room.

"Here!"

"What the hell is that?" Sung Gyu placed a bookmark on his book and shut it close.

"Tickets idiot hyung!"

"How dare you call me that! And I know they're tickets! I mean for what?!"

"A bookfair." Sung Gyu gasped and reach for the tickets but Woohyun shoved it away.

"What the-"

"I know you want it badly that's why I took it from the girls who are giving it away from the market earlier. And I'm not going to give this to you that easy."

"What do you want?" Sung Gyu sighed and glared at Woohyun.

"Take someone with you."

"Oh okay. Myung-" Woohyun covered his mouth.

"No! Not him!"

"Dong Woo then?"

"Ugggh!!! Hyung! Se Yi! Take Shin Se Yi with you!"

"WHAT?! I'm not doing it!"

"Then say goodbye!" Woohyun attempted to rip the tickets but Sung Gyu grabbed his arms.

"Alright alright! I'll take her with me!"

"That's what I heard." Woohyun smirked and gave the tickets to him.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

Okay. I just have to ask Se Yi to go with me this weekend and it's done. Uggh!! Who the hell am I kidding? How can I ask her?! She'll reject it for sure.

I felt a tap on my back. It's Se Yi.

'What are you doing here?' She signed. I'm getting a hang of this sign language thing.

"Oh, I-"

'Are you going to a book-fair?' she asked with excitement on her face.

"Oh," How idiotic of me. Why didn't I removed the tickets from my book?! "Uh yeah. This weekend. Woohyun gave it to me."

'Oh, so you're going with Woohyun-ssi?'

"Uh.. No."

'So you're going with someone else?'

"Uh.. No."

'You're going alone?'

"Uh.. No." she chuckled.

'Why is it always a no?'

"Oh, I uh.."

'Then if you're not going with someone, can I go with you instead?'

Did I see it right? She asked me right?!

"Okay then!" I just say it with so much decibels. I'm so embarassed. She chuckled and took the ticket.

'I'll take this then. Let's go inside.'

I smiled and followed her. I can't hide the excitement that I'm feeling. I have to treat that greasy tree later.