17

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 17


Se Yi

We worked on our last chapter quietly. And when I said quietly, I meant it, LITERALLY. We didn't talk except for academic purposes. It's because I told him to act like he doesn't know me.

"I'm finished. This is our last chapter right?"

"Yeah." I replied shortly.

"I'll re-read it then send it to you."

"Okay then." I fixed my things getting ready to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Okay. Be careful." My heart skipped. It's still beating whenever I hear him caring for me. I didn't reply and just walked out ahead of him.

"Gyu!" I looked back and saw Hyuna approach him.

"Oh, hi."

"What's wrong? Don't let your mood ruin our date!"

"D..Date?" Whoa. Date. Good for him then. "Wait Hyuna, you're getting it w-"

"Se Yi!" I turned around and saw Lay oppa.

"Oh? Yixing!!!" Hyuna exclaimed and approached us with Sung Gyu oppa following on her side. "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"What's the matter?" Lay oppa asked.

"Here, Our professor told us to give you this. I think it's for your home quiz."

"Oh, I see. Thank you."

"You're welcome!" She said cheerfully. I can tell that Sung Gyu oppa's looking at me with my peripheral vision, but I don't care anymore. We don't know each other.

"Umm.. Sung Gyu, why are you with her?" Lay oppa asked.

"Oh, we're go-"

"We're going on a date." Hyuna stated.

"Hyuna!" Sung Gyu oppa exclaimed.

"What?"

"We're not on a d-"

"Oppa, let's go. I'm not feeling well.. Take me home please.."

"Se Yi."

"Please.. I want to go home."

"Okay then." he looks at Sung Gyu oppa and at Hyuna then took my hand. "We'll be going then."

"Okay! Be careful!" Hyuna said.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I stared at Hyuna as she walks. "What?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Hyuna, I know what you're doing. Don't hurt Se Yi."

She scoffed and glared at me. "So I'm the bad person? Gyu, she's hurting you! She deserves to feel that at least!"

"Hyuna, you don't know anything! You don't know how much she's been through! Don't meddle with my business!"

"Business? Your business?! The reason why I'm meddling because it is your business!!!"

"You have nothing to do with my business Hyuna!"

"Yes I have! Because I like you!"

I froze. She what? "H..Hyuna."

"Yeah that's right! I like you! so what? I don't want other's hurting you so I'm going to do what I want!" she said then left. I tried to call after her, but she ignored me. What kind if situation am I going through?

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

"You okay?"

"I guess.. Wait. Scratch that, I'm not." I said in sarcasm.

"Se Yi." Lay oppa said and hugged me.

"I feel horrible.. I know I told him to act like he doesn't know me but.."

"I know Se Yi. I know." he brushes his hand through my back and sighs.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After that annoying incident, it's Saturday. I never hated Saturdays in my life. I sighed and headed to change my clothes. I headed downstairs and saw Dad with Jinhee unnie preparing breakfast.

"Going out?" Unnie asked.

"Yes." I replied placing my shoes on and wearing my scarf.

"Aren't you having breakfast first?"

"I don't feel like it." and with that, I left. I walked up until the bus stop and waited for one to arrive. I rode it and didn't realize where I was going until I reached a familiar place. Mom's flower shop.

I widen my eyes in surprise that I made it here unconsciously. I walked until I reached in front of the shop and stared at it.

"Oh? Aren't you the girl who bought the tulips?"

I flinched then turned around. "Oh, Good Morning." I greeted. She smiled and went inside.

"Come in." I nodded and followed her. "There aren't much tulips here today because of the weather."

"Um.. I didn't came here for that actually. I just.."

She smiles. "Did your mother have the flowers?"

"Uh yes." I'm not lying though. I brought the tulips at Mom's grave.

"Did she like it?"

"I don't know actually.."

"Why is that?"

"My mom's dead."

She gasps in surprise. "Oh my. I'm really sorry. I didn't know."

"It's okay. She's not my real Mom anyway."

"Oh.. I see." she smiles. "It's odd that we talk like this. I don't even know your name dear."

"M..My name?"

"Yes. Tell me your name."

I started to shake. Should I tell her? But if I do, I don't know what'll happen. "S..Se Yi.. Shin Se Yi."

She stops on what she's doing and turns back to me with her eyes wide open. She recognizes my name.

"W..What did you say your name was?"

"Se Yi. Shin Se Yi."

"Oh god.." tears started to escape from her eyes as she cries. "Se Yi dear, is that really you?" she asks with her voice shaking. She brushes my hair off my face and as soon as her skin touches mine, I felt warmth. The warmth that mom has given to me before she died.

"Yes mom.. It's me."

"Oh dear... I was searching for you all my life..." she hugs me tight and continued to cry. "I've missed you."

I didn't reply but instead, hugged her back. I don't know whether or not should I say that I've missed her because I really don't know what to say right now. The only thing I know is that, I've been longing to feel this warmth again. At least this is something that I don't regret happening.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Here, drink this dear. It will warm you up."

"Thanks." I smiled and took the cup from her. It's chocolate. I love it.

"Did you come here knowing who I was?" she asks.

"Yes. But I didn't told you the first time I saw you because I'm too scared of what will happen.."

"I'm sorry Se Yi.. I really am. But believe me, I've searched everywhere for you both.."

"I do believe you mom and I know that it's not your fault that things turned out this way."

She smiles and takes my hand into her lap. "Thank you dear."

"Mom, can I stay with you for a few days?"

"Sure, but why?"

"I just need you right now and going back? I don't know. I just can't go back right now."

"Did something happen?"

"Many things happened. I just can't process it all at once."

She smiles and pulled me to a hug. "I'll be happy to Se Yi. I'm happy right now. I'm happy that I'm being a mom right in front of you dear."

"Thanks mom."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Mom showed me the room that I'll use while I'm here. I placed my back on the bed and looked around. When I saw what the time is, I realized that Dad and unnie must be worried so I grabbed my phone and called her.

"SE YI! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

Just as I thought, she's worried. "I'm at Mom's house."

"Don't joke with me right now Se Yi. I'm at mom's grave right now."

The reason why she said that is because I call mom's grave her house since she died. "No. Not our dead mom. I meant our real mom."

"Wait what? Did you reveal everything?!"

"Um.. I just told her my name."

"Oh god Se Yi! Of course she'll remember! She's the one who named you!!"

"Relax unnie. She told me that she's taking me in."

"What?! You're staying there?! Se Yi!"

"Unnie please.. I want to stay.. I can't go back there. I just need her right now."

I hear her sigh. "I get it. Do you need clothes? I'll bring some."

"Thanks unnie but I have enough clothes for the weekend."

"Crap. You planned this don't you?"

I laughed. "Actually, I planned on moving out for a while. But what I didn't plan is me going here. I think my body brought me here. Just bring me clothes on Monday."

"What the freaking hell Se Yi? How long do you plan on staying there?"

"Just until I've recovered. Tell Dad I called."

"I get it. Be careful."

"Okay."

"And Se Yi?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too unnie."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

My first class ended badly. Well, nothing started and ended good since the day Se Yi and I started to act like we don't know each other, for me at least. I was heading to the campus when I saw something I really wish I didn't see at all. Se Yi's playing the guitar with Lay. I stared at them while they happily continue to play. Does Se Yi really hate me that much? To the point that she asked me to act like we didn't care at all huh?

"That's why I told you I'm going to do what I want." I turned around and saw Hyuna looking at them too.

"Hyuna, they're not doing anything."

"That's a cliché." she took my hand and did the most pathetic thing that she have ever done, walked towards them.

"Hyuna! What do you t-"

"Hello guys!" Se Yi and Lay looked up to stare at us. Se Yi looked at Hyuna and her gaze fell on our hands. God, I feel like I'm the king of all bastards right now.

"Oh hi." Lay replied.

"We brought food! Can we eat with you guys?"

"Uh," Lay looked at Se Yi and she smiled. "Okay then."

"Thanks! Sit here Gyu!" I glared at Hyuna. I know what she's doing right now and I hate it. I rolled my eyes and sit down with Lay on my left and Hyuna on my right. I glanced at Se Yi and she's still beautiful as ever.

"Here Se Yi! Gyu and I bought this cake! Have a taste!"

"Oh.. I," she looks at Hyuna then to me. "Thank you."

She takes the paper plate and started eating. I feel bad right now. I know that I'm the reason why she's like that. I want to throw that cake that's in between us and hug her tightly.

"SE YI! OH MY GOD! I'VE MISSED YOU!" Jinhee exclaimed and hugged Se Yi. Missed her? From what I know, they live on the same house.

"Unnie." Se Yi placed her plate down and hugged her back.

"Woah Jinhee. You didn't even pick her up earlier. Gladly I was there." Lay said.

Pick her up? Why?! Did something happen to her?!

"Are you alright saeng? Did you sleep well there? Oh! I brought you clothes! I placed extras if you wanted to stay there until next week."

"Thank you unnie."

"Umm.. What happened to Se Yi?" Hyuna asked.

"Who are you?" Jinhee asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm Hyuna, Gyu's friend." Jinhee eyed me suspiciously and gave me the I-DON'T-LIKE-HER look.

"I see. Well, nothing happened to her. It's not like you have to know."

"Unnie!"

"What?"

Se Yi sighs and get up. "I have to go. Bye."

"Wait Se Yi!" Lay called.

"What?"

"Wait for me after school. I'll take you there."

Se Yi smiled. "Thanks. I will." she said and stood up. Wait! Literature's next! Crap! I hurriedly sat up and grabbed my bag.

"I have to get going too."

"Oh? Okay then. See you later Gyu!!" Hyuna said.

"Okay. See you." 

I catch up with Se Yi, but not too catch up because she might now want me next to her.

"Ah!" she cried in pain as she fell on the floor. A boy bumped into her and didn't even bother to help her! I ran to approach her and helped her stand.

"You alright?"

"I'm fine." she said coldly and attempted to stand but falls. I managed to catch her but she pushes me away. She's crying.

"Se Yi, do..does it really hu-"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!" I flinched. She's really mad at me huh? I hate it when she hates me. I hate it that I love and care for her. After what happened just now? I feel like my heart is smashed and chopped into pieces then hundreds of people stepped on it. I don't know how to describe it anymore. It just hurts.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

"Ah!" I cried in pain after someone who's running, bumped into me.

"You alright?" Sung Gyu oppa approached me.

"I'm fine." I answered coldly as tears crept from my eyes. I hate that he's seeing my weak side right now. I hate him. I hate him for telling me that he'll wait for me then he's acting like this? I hate him more than ever. I don't know whether I'm crying because of anger or sadness. The only thing I know right now is that I'm crying.

"Se Yi, do..does it really hu-"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!" I shouted.  I felt him flinch as I shove his hand away.

"I'm sorry. I really am Se-"

"If you're really sorry then please.. Just please.. Act like you don't know me.."

"Se Yi, how can I do that when I know how I feel for you-"

"No! I don't want to hear that! I hate you! I hate you more when you repeat that! You'll wait for me? Then why did you easily left me like that?! I know I told you to act like you don't know me, but I didn't expect you to be that childish and use Hyuna to hurt me!!! I hate you!!!"

"Se Yi, no! I am not using her to hurt you! Why would I hurt you?!"

"Stop it! I hate y-"

"YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!" I flinched. He shouted and pinned me against the wall.

"W..What are you doing?! Let of me opp-" my eyes widen after his lips met mine. We tried to date for days but this is the first time that he kissed me. My hands fell on my side as he lets go of them and pulled me closer. What the hell is happening here? After a while he lets go. I'm still in a state of shock.