Chapter 46

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 16.


Sung Gyu.

“Hello?” I rubbed my eyes, I realized that I have slept after receiving Se Yi’s text. “Oh Lay. What is it?”

“Uh yeah. Sung Gyu? Did you both fought? I think I just saw Se Yi with a lot of things and took her bags with her. Is she going somewhere? Because I don’t think she’s going with anyone. She had her car with her.”

“What?” I glanced at the time. Is she going now? I run to grab my jacket and fetched my keys. I immediately ran downstairs and placed my shoes on.

“Gyu? Where are you going dressed like that?” Grandma asked.

“I’ll explain later. Tell Myung I left okay?”

I said then headed to my car. I don’t care how I look right now. What is important to me is to see Se Yi again. I’ll let her leave if she wants to but I just have to see her for the last time. I don’t think I can manage without seeing her again. I stepped into the gas to full speed ahead and headed to the airport. When I arrived, I scanned the place but I can’t see her anywhere.

Last call for the customers bound to London. The plane will board in 15 minutes.

That’s it. I have no chance on seeing her again, she must be there by now. I’m bound to cry but I’m holding it in. It’s my entire fault, I should’ve gone after her, the moment she left back home this morning. I should’ve told her what I wanted to say. Now I’m going to regret everything. I headed back to my car and started the engine. I heard the plane took off and I just manage to look at it. “I love you so much angel..”

I headed back to the house that I bought for her and went in. I sigh as I took my shoes off and threw it in frustration. “Uggggh!” I ruffled my hair in frustration and headed to the kitchen to get myself some drink but then my heart fell when I saw a figure at the sink. It’s Se Yi.

“She didn’t leave.” I smiled. “She’s here.”

I walk to her and she’s spacing out. She left the water running and just stared straight. I chuckled and turned the faucet off.

“Wha-“ She snapped back to reality and looked at me, surprised that I’m in front of her.

“You’re wasting water.” I said then smiled.

“Oh god.”

“Went to the wrong place.”

She bit her lip and headed back upstairs and I followed her. She sat at the bed and stared at the floor. I’m at the verge of hugging her tightly right now but I held back. She needs space and I promised her that I will give her time for herself. I stayed outside the room and stared at her. "I have nowhere to go that’s why I went here.”

I smiled. “Lay called me. He asked me where you’re going with all of your bags so I rushed at the airport but then I didn’t find you there. I thought you’re…really going.”

She looks at me but I looked down. I’m feeling all guilty now. I know that I’m the reason that she’s confused right now. I’m such a jerk.

“I’m going to ask you this once. Please be honest with me.” I looked up to her anticipating what she’s going to say, but I think I know what it is. “Do you want me to leave?”

“I already told you, I’m going to let you decide on your own.”

“I’m going to ask you again for the last time, Do you want me to leave Kim Sung Gyu?” I bit my lip in frustration. I don’t know what to say. I leaned at the door frame and sighed. I don’t want to say the wrong thing and make things difficult for her. I closed my eyes for a moment to think and felt her hand touch my cheek. I flinch in surprise and stepped back.

“No need to give me some space. I need you to step in.” she smiled. “Would you want me to leave?”

God if she’s going to keep this up, I may end up crying in front of her again. She stares at me and doesn’t budge and I felt myself crying. I held her hand and shake my head no. “No… I wouldn’t want you to go.”

She smiles and wipes and tears with her hand. “I was planning on not leaving anyways.”

“What the hell Se Yi? Are you messing with me?”

She chuckles and shakes her head no. “No, I just realized it now. Seeing you dressed like that?” Oh just crap. I forgot I just ran through the airport without even changing my clothes. “You proved to me that you really don’t want me to leave. And I’ve seen everything that would hold me not to go”

“Really? What’s that?”

“My family, and you.” I smiled and pulled her to a hug, a tight one that is. I’m not letting go of this angel no matter what.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu stared at Se Yi’s bags and laughs. “What the hell are you planning bringing all of these with you?”

“I was planning on going somewhere but I ended up here okay?”

He smiled and hugged her from behind. “Have you changed you decision and might as well have considered bring some company with you now?”

“Are you saying that you want to go somewhere now?”

“I just giving you an advice. I’m free to go anywhere, anytime.”

“It’s Sunday oppa. We’re going to get ourselves fired if we don’t go to work tomorrow.”

“The owner’s a close friend of mine.”

“And mine too. I’m not going to abuse my sources and doze off.”

Sung Gyu chuckled and raised his hands in defeat. “Fine, I lose and you win.”

Se Yi laughed. “But I’m considering staying here for a while.”

“I like that.”

“Now can you go and cook me something?”

“I think you ate just now. I saw you washing a pot earlier.”

“It’s just ramen. Cook me some real food.”

“Quite demanding aren’t we?”

“You have to deal with it.”

“I have no choice. I chose you to be mine forever.”

She smiled and held his hand entwining their fingers together. “Time for grocery shopping then.”

They both headed to the supermarket to buy themselves some food enough to satisfy them for three days. They bought ingredients for beef stew, Kimchi Jiggae and other stuffs. “Say, Se Yi?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you sure this isn’t too much?”

“Nope.”

“But these are too much for just the two of us.”

“Who says it’s just for the two of us? I’m thinking of inviting my family and everyone tomorrow.”

“W..What?”

Sung Gyu’s heart started to beat fast in nervousness. His fiancé will be inviting her family to the house that he has prepared for and not only that to begin with, his brother and grandmother will be seeing the house for the first time. “Aren’t we doing it too fast? I mean uh..”

“Oppa, you don’t have any intentions of telling them that you asked me for marriage aren’t you?”

“Of course not! I was planning to but I’m still getting ready.”

“Don’t worry, they’ll like you. I mean they already like you. You’re just going to tell them everything. It’s been a while since you asked me. It’s time for us to tell them.”

He smiled and nod. “Okay then, let’s do our best to prepare everything okay?”

“Okay.”

After buying everything that they need, they drive their way home. “Oppa, let’s put on some music okay?”

“Sure.”

Se Yi pushed the button and played a music that they both loved and starting singing on it.  Sung Gyu chuckled at her cuteness and sang with her. He got distracted and didn’t notice a man shouting on a truck at him blinking his headlight on his. He looked in front and widen his eyes.

“SH*T!” he turned the steering wheel and they both bumped to a small shop. The impact was so strong that they were thrown out of the car.

 “Ugghh..” Sung Gyu muttered after coming through his senses. “Se Yi…” he said with a hoarse voice and scanned the place. He forced himself to stand up but he was too weak because of the impact that the accident had on his head but he managed to see Se Yi lying at the opposite side of him. He stretched out his hand to reach her but it was not enough.

“Are you alright?!” the truck driver asked.

“Se Yi…” he said then out.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu.

I opened my eyes and see a light. I covered my eyes with my hand and saw something attached on my hand. “Where am I?”

“Hyung!” Myungsoo exclaimed after approaching me. “Are you alright?!”

“Huh?” That’s right, Se Yi and I went to the supermarket and was on our way home when we got into an- SH*T SE YI! “SE YI! WHERE IS SHE?!”

“Hyung calm down! You’re stitches will-“

“I DON’T GIVE A DAMN TO MY STITCHES WHERE’S SE YI?!”

“Hyung-“ I ran outside the room and looked for Se Yi. Please let her be okay. I saw Jinhee coming out from a room and I ran to her.

“Sunbae!” I opened the door and saw Se Yi lying at the bed. She’s fine. I sigh in relief and fell on the floor. I started get dizzy.

“Aish hyung! Why are you so stubborn! Look at you! You’re head’s bleeding!”

“She’s okay…”

“Yeah she’s fine! I was going to tell you but you just ran off! Are you trying to kill yourself?!” Myungsoo is shouting at me but all I can do is smile. I’m glad that she’s fine. I don’t know what I’ll do if something bad happens to Se Yi again.

I went back to the room as Myungsoo assisted me. The doctor took care of my head that is bleeding and I was told to get some rest and I did. I think I slept for hours. After I wake up, I saw Jinhee.

“Jinhee?”

“Sunbae… Se Yi, she…”

I sat up and listened to her. “What? What happened to her?”

“She’s not talking again..”