14

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 14


"Hey!" Se Yi called as she ran after Kevin and Sung Gyu. "Guess what?"

She grinned and sat in front of them. Kevin smiled and set his book aside. "What?"

"I told you to guess!" the two boys laughed and shook their heads.

"Hmm.. Got a new book angel?"

"Better! Mom published a new book and I got the first copy! And I also got you both one too!"

"Really?! Thanks!" Kevin and Sung Gyu said in unison grinned.

"It's your birthday Se Yi and it looks like we got the gift so.." Kevin pulled a small box on his pocket and gave it to Se Yi. "We have you a gift."

Se Yi smiled. "Thank you!" she took the box and opened it. She gasps and pulled the necklace from the box.

"It's adorable. Thank you both!" she exclaimed and hugs them tight.

Kevin smiled and ruffled her hair. "Open it."

And she did. "Forever. Thanks. This is my best 7th birthday ever. I'll never forget this!"

Se Yi

I gasp as I wake up from my dream and continued to catch my breath. I'm panting like crazy right now and I don't even know what that dream is all about. I'm sweating like there's no tomorrow. I reached for my clock and looked at the time, 4:20 am. What the hell?

I stand up and went downstairs to get myself a glass of water. I opened the fridge and grabbed the water container then a glass. I poured the water, slowly so that I won't lose grip of the glass and break it.

I sighed as I sat at the counter chair. That dream, that dream explained to me my questions on where I got that necklace. But those two boys, I don't know who they are. I'm really going nuts.

"Se Yi?"

I flinched and turned around. "D..Dad!" I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"I was going to ask you if why you're awake but disregard it. Are you alright?"

"Dad, I'm scared. I don't know what's happening to me.."

He lets go of me and held my cheek. "What's wrong Yinnie?"

"Dad, I'm dreaming of something that I don't think is just a dream.."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know.. I don't know myself.." he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry Yinnie. It'll be alright soon."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

Today is Day 4, so I only have 3 days left for Se Yi. I'm nervous on what her answer will be. But whatever it is, I will respect it.

"Se Yi." I called. It seems that she's out of it today. She's not saying a single word.

"Huh?"

"You okay? You've been out of it."

"Oh... Yeah, I guess.."

"What's wrong angel?" She looks at me. Her look is different like the way she looks at me casually.

"Oppa, call me that again after I close my eyes okay?"

"Uh, what?"

"Just do it."

"Okay?" She closed her eyes and I sighed. "Angel."

She didn't respond for a minute then she opens her eyes after. "What's wrong Se Yi? You're freaking me out."

"I'm sorry. It's just.." she sighed.

"It's okay. You can tell me anything."

"Okay.. You see, I had this dream.. It's strange. There were two boys sitting under the tree and I gave them Mom's published book. I even told them that mine's the first book that is released. And on my dream, it is my seventh birthday. Those two boys gave me the necklace that you saw as a gift."

I stiffened. She dreamt about us. Oh god. She dreamt about that time. "Did you see their faces?"

"No. It's blurry.."

"I see."

"The other boy called me angel." she sighed. "Oppa, it's strange.. I just don't get it.."

I don't know what to say anymore. She's going to remember it soon. I just know it.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

"We're here." I flinched. I didn't even notice it.

"Oh.. I'm sorry and thank you." I sighed and took my seat belt off. I was about to go when he grabbed my hand. I looked at him and he's worried about me.

"Hey."

"Yes?"

"I'm worried about you. And you're alone. Want me to stay until they come back?"

Yes. I am alone. Unnie and Lay oppa are still at school and Dad's at work. So yeah, I'm alone.

"No. I'm okay. Grandma needs you. She just came back right?"

"Myungsoo's home. I'm sorry I'm just too worried for you."

"I'm really okay. Go back now." I smiled.

He sighed and planted a kiss on my forehead. "I love you Se Yi. Forever."

"Mm. Me too," I stopped. That forever. "For..ever."

I opened the door but then again, he held my hand. I looked at him and shot him my let-me-go look.

"I'm going to be fine okay?"

"I know.. I'm just," he sighs and lets go of me. "Fine. Call me if anything happens okay? You HAVE to."

I chuckled. "I will. Don't worry."

"Good. Go in."

I nodded and left his car. I sighed and twisted the door knob open. It's so quiet here. So quiet that it's deafening. I grabbed something to drink then headed to my room. I placed my bag on the floor and off to change my clothes. Afterwards, I sat in front of my bed and reached for the box under it. I opened it and reached for the book.

There's something about this book that creeps me out. Is it the reason why I want this book so much? I opened it and tried to search for something that even I don't know what it is and I did. I furrowed my eyebrows at the name and read it.

"Kevin? Who is Ke-" I paused. Kevin, he's the boy in my dream. He's the one who gave the necklace together with the other boy. But.. Who's the other one?

My phone rang. I looked at it and saw Sung Gyu oppa's name on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Are you okay?" I laughed. I don't get it why he's this worried about me. It's weird.

"Yes. You just asked me that a while ago. So, did you come back safely?"

"Yeah." he paused. "I want to go where you are right now."

I smiled. "Silly. I said I'm fine."

He laughs. "Se Yi?"

"What?"

"Keep telling me that you’re fine. Don't push me away no matter what."

"Okay?" I said unsurely. Something's odd.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Jinhee arrived and she headed to Se Yi' s room seeing her sitting on the floor. "Yinnie? What are you doing?"

"Oh unnie, you're back?"

"Well yeah." she sat next to her and replied. "Umm.. Dad's not back yet?"

"Not yet."

"Are you ready to listen to him?"

Se Yi smiled. "I'm always ready to listen to him unnie. It's just that I'm afraid to know the truth."

"Me too. But we can't run away from this forever."

"I know." Se Yi replied. Just then, their father arrived. "He's here. Let's go?"

Jinhee nodded and they both headed downstairs.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

"WHAT?!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

"Yeah. And lower your voice. Grandma's resting." I muttered.

"Hyung! Se Yi's that girl! You have to tell her!"

I scoffed. He doesn't understand. If I tell Se Yi everything, she will shatter and I don't want that to happen.

"No Myung. I won't tell her. She doesn't even remember me."

"Hyung, you'll regret it if you do."

"I won't regret anything. If I tell her all of it, she'll be shattered. I don't want her to be Myung. She's been going through a lot."

He sighs and shifted his position in front of me. "Hyung, you have to understand that there will be a time where Se Yi will remember everything."

"I know. But I hope not soon."

He smiled and nodded. "I hope so."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

The rain is pouring hard and I just watch it as we sat on the table waiting for Dad to start explaining. He sighed and sat across us.

"Start Dad." Jinhee unnie stated. Dad sighed and nodded.

"Before I tell you the truth, I wanted to say that I'm sorry you both. I'm really sorry."

"Dad, please stop saying sorry.."

"No Se Yi. I'll understand if you can't forgive me after this. I understand if you both will despise me. You have to know that I love you both so much."

I heard unnie scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. "You're talking like what you just said to us is nothing compared to what you're going to say right now Dad." she said.

"Because it's true." we froze.

"What?"

"Listen. You two," he takes both of our hands and placed them in front of him, holding us tightly. "I said that I'm your father right?'"

We both nodded. "Well yes it's true." he looks at both of us and we continued to stare at him. "And Eunjung, she's not your real mother."

I froze at the last sentence. She's what? "W..What?"

Unnie asked for me. I can't seem to talk again, but this time, I'm glad that I can't get to talk right now.

"Then where's our REAL mother?" unnie asked with irritation leaking from her voice.

"I don't know which hospital she's in.."

"H..Hospital? Is she sick?" I asked.

"From the last time I've heard of her from Eunjung, she's in a coma."

"How come Mom knows her?"

"Eunjung is Se Mi's best friend. I went to the US to check on my father who's badly sick and left Se Mi while she's conceiving you Jinhee. We're happy back then with you Jinhee and we decided to give you a sister and that's when we had Se Yi when you're a year old."

"But how come that we knew that Mom was our mom?" unnie asked.

"Because right after Se Yi was born, Se Mi got into an accident and she went into a coma. I've only got to see her twice on secrecy because her mother was putting all the blame on me for leaving her alone. You both were given to Eunjung and she took good care of you. And your father doesn't want to keep you both because you have nothing to do with them in the first place. And honestly, I don't know where Se Mi is and how she's doing right now."

I can't believe on what I'm hearing. Dad doesn't know where our real MOTHER is and the Mother that I love the most turns out to be not my real mother. How can all of this happen? All of this is a lie?

"Se Yi.." Dad said as I pull my hand back. I don't know what to say and just shook my head. I stood up as tears started to flow from my eyes. I'm hurt. I've been living in a lie. I don't know who I am anymore.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I've been calling Se Yi endless times already but she didn't take a single call do I decided to call Jinhee.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Jinhee, umm.. I called because I'm worried about Se Yi. She's not taking my calls. Is she okay?"

"Uh, I don't know how to put it sunbae but she's not.."

"What happened? I can tell that you're not either."

She sighs. "We just found out that Lee Eunjung is not our real mother."

I was stunned. Eunjung-ssi is not their real mother. "Is Se Yi alright?"

"I don't know. She's not opening her door. And sunbae?"

"Yes?"

"You have to tell her the truth right now. I don't know what she might feel and I know that it'll hurt. But she has to know now. She may not remember it now but she will. Please do me a favor and tell her the truth."

"But Jinhee, If I tell her all of it, she will shatter. I don't want her to be.."

"I know. I know you love her that's why, but please. She has to know about Kevin. Tell her the truth. Please come here and tell her the truth before it's too late."

I sighed. She's right. I have to tell her right now. The impact might be different if she remembers herself. I have to go through it again. Through my past, through Kevin and through Se Yi.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I sat on the floor and leaned against my bed. I'm not crying anymore because I've been crying for hours. I don't even know if I even have more tears to cry. It hurts. Everything just hurts. I cried over a person who I thought was my mother but it turns out that she's not. I don't despise her. I still love mom no matter what. She's been there for me always. I can't believe that she's not my mom.

I sighed and reached for the box under my bed. I opened it and took the necklace. I opened it and saw forever word. I put it on the side and continued to take the things out of the box until I saw a picture that is in between a diary.

"What is this?" I took the picture and read what's written at the back. "Kevin, Jinnie, Yinnie and Gyu."

My eyes widen as I flip the picture. I saw unnie, me an unknown boy and Sung Gyu oppa. He's at the picture with me and I'm wearing the necklace. What's all of this? I opened the diary and started reading. Now I remember everything.