1

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 1


"So you're telling me that you fell love at first sight as soon as you touched her cheek?" Dong Woo grinned. "Woah hyung! That's romantic! I hope books can get me girls too! But sadly, they only five me F's."

Sung Gyu laughed. "Well you have to read them, and then maybe they won't give you F's."

"Geez. Reading them kills me. Dancing is my genre!" Sung Gyu shook his head and placed his hands on his pocket.

He can never forget that girl that he saw at the library last summer. The moment he touched her cheeks and the moment they smiled. He hoped that he can see that girl again.

"Ah, Dong Woo-ah. Can you go with Myungsoo later?"

"Hmm? Where too?"

"To the ramen shop. I can't go because I have class in the afternoon."

"Eh? Just me and him?"

"I think Woohyun's coming too."

"Did you tell him yet?"

"No. He'll throw a tantrum if I do."

Dong Woo laughed. "Arasso. I'll be the substitute. But you have to pay me double."

Sung Gyu chuckled. "Arasso!"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Lay stared at Se Yi while he plays his guitar and smiled. He loves watching Se Yi read her books while he plays his guitar.

"Se Yi-ah." he called.

Se Yi looked at him. 'What?' she signed.

"Nothing. You're too engrossed at that book." she chuckled. "Why do you keep on reading 'Romeo and Juliet' but not reading the ending? You always stop at the last two chapters."

'I hate tragic endings.' she signed.

"How do you know that the story was tragic when you haven't read the ending?"

'Mom told me the ending. I hate it.' Lay laughed.

"You're one hell of a weird girl." Se Yi smiled.

"Oh right. I've wanted to ask you this."

'What is it?'

"Why did you run back last time? At the library I mean."

Se Yi froze. 'No particular reason.' she replied.

Ever since that happened, she's been longing to see the boy again. But she's afraid at the same time. Afraid that if she met him again and he discovers that she can't talk, he'll walk away from her.

Se Yi sighed. "What's wrong?" she shook her head.

'Oppa, can you play a song for me?' she signed.

"Sure. What song?"

'The song that you made.'

Lay smiled. "Okay then." he started playing the song on his guitar.

Whenever Se Yi hears the song that Lay made, it made her feel good inside. She closed her eyes and leaned on the tree letting Lay's song sink inside her. Lay smiled. It makes him happy whenever Se Yi listens to his songs. When the song ended she opened her eyes and smiled at Lay.

"Ooh, you’re both having a moment?"

"Jinhee." Lay said.

"Se Yi, I can't believe you rejected oppa's confession and you're both acting like nothing happened." Se Yi flushed.

'Unnie..' she signed.

Jinhee chuckled and grabbed Lay's guitar. She played a few chords and looked at Se Yi. "I still don't get it why you fell for Se Yi oppa."

Se Yi laughed. She heard the bell rang. 'I have to go unnie. Oppa. See you later!'

"Ah Se Yi! Wait!" Lay called. "Will your class finish by the afternoon? Jinhee and I wanted to go and eat. I was wondering if you can come with us?"

'Sorry oppa. I have class in the afternoon. But I'll try. Just text me where you'll go.' she signed.

"Arasso."

"Shin Se Yi!" Jinhee called. Se Yi looked at her. "Fighting! You can do it! If someone bullies you, just tell me and I'll kill them!"

Se Yi chuckled and nodded.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu proceeded to his classroom and sat at the back. He takes out a book from his bag and started reading to kill time before his professor came.

Se Yi scanned the hallway and looked for her classroom. *Ah! There it is.* she smiled and opened the door. There are already students inside. She walked on the seats and decided to sit on the middle. While waiting for the professor, she opened her book and continued reading.

While Sung Gyu reads, an image of the girl that he saw at the library flashes through his mind. *I wonder if I'll see her again.* he thought and smiled. There's something about that girl that he wanted to see her again. Out of all the girls in his place, why her? And why did she smile the moment he touched her cheeks? Sung Gyu wanted to ask that question to the girl himself.

Se Yi closed her book when she saw the professor came in. The students stood up and greeted. "Okay. First, I want to welcome you all to the new semester. I can see familiar faces and new ones too. I hope we will all enjoy this class as much as you all enjoy books."

They all nodded in agreement. "Okay. Now that introductions are over, I would like to pair you all up. I've already decided on the pairs so I'll just call them."

Se Yi began to tense up. She doesn't like being with other people rather than Jinhee and Lay. She tried to calm herself as the names are being called. "Kim Sung Gyu and Shin Se Yi."

*Oh my goodness.. Who's that? Please don't let it be someone who's mean..* Se Yi chanted on her head.

*Se Yi? Why do I feel like I have heard that name?* Sung Gyu put on a confused look.

"Okay now all of you, starting today you will seat beside your partners. Arasso?"

"Dae!"

"Now go and transfer seats." Se Yi sighed. She stood up and started to find this Sung Gyu guy.

"Se Yi? Who's that?" Sung Gyu scanned the room. His eyes landed on a familiar girl. *Now I remember. Se Yi*