Chapter 38

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 8.


Thunders growling and lightning striking. That's what Kang Joon is perceiving in his senses right now. But something breaks it when he heard the doorbell rang. He stood up from his bed and looked out at the window seeing Eunhyuk talking to Se Yi at the gate. His eyes widen and his heart jumped in joy seeing the girl that he loved the most back again. He ran outside not minding the rain water getting through his skin.

"Se Yi!" he exclaimed. Se Yi looked at him and fainted on Eunhyuk's arms.

"Goodness!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. Kang Joon ran to her and carried her bridal style. He carried her to her old room and placed the covers on her.

"Get a warm water and something to eat. I'll change her clothes." he instructed to Eunhyuk.

"Okay." Eunhyuk replied and headed to the kitchen.

Kang Joon walked to the closet to get her a change of clothes and placed it on her. He dried her hair with a towel and combed it afterwards. He smiled looking at her and pressed his lips on her forehead. The scene reminds him of the first time he saw her.

"Kang Joon..." she said opening her eyes slowly.

"You're awake. You have a fever." h said. "Why are you drenched in the rain anyway?"

"I ran.." she said with a hoarse voice. "I thought I can start over with Sung Gyu oppa and my family, but it turns out that my presence just keeps on hurting the ones that I love the most.."

"Se Yi."

"I can't go back. I can see that oppa's hurting because of me and I don't want that to happen Kang Joon.."

Kang Joon smiled bitterly. He didn't know that Se Yi loved Sung Gyu this much that she's willing to give up her own happiness for him not to get hurt. He nods and kissed her forehead again. He caressed her hair and smiled.

"Get some sleep. You have to rest." she nods and closes her eyes. Kang Joon stood up and left the room closing the lights for her. He left the room and saw Yeojin standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"Noona."

"She shouldn't be here. She's not yours Kang Joon."

"Stop!" he snapped. "Stop talking like she's an object that I picked up and it turns out that she's somebody else's belonging!"

"But she doesn't belong here!"

"No! She does belong here. She's always there whenever I need someone. She's been here in your place noona! I got nobody else but her so don't you dare talk about her like that!"

Yeojin was left dumb founded with what her brother have just said. She started crying and went back to her room. She looked at her face at the mirror as she continued to cry.

"What have I done? I'm so sorry Joon.."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi placed all the food that she have cooked inside the paper bag and put her sneakers on. She tied them up and combed her hair as she looks at her reflection at the mirror.

"Going somewhere?" Kang Joon asks.

"Yeah, to Dad."                       

"You met you parents? I thought-"

"No," she smiled. "Not my real parents. My foster parent." she continued and grabbed the paper bag.

"Will you be fine?" he asked while touching her forehead with his. "You're still sick."

"I'm fine." she said.

"No. This won't do. I'll take you there, just tell me where to go."

"But it's your day off. I can go on my own just stay here."

"No, I'll go with you. If something happens I don't know what I'll do."

Se Yi sighed and gave in. They both headed at the driveway. Kang Joon opened the door for her and walks to the driver's seat. He started the engine and started driving with Se Yi telling her the way. They ended up in a small apartment and they got off the car heading at the front door.

"He leaves here?" he asked.

"Yeah, let's go."

Se Yi led the way and pressed the doorbell. Awhile later a man opened the door. He's in average height almost the same as Kang Joon's. He met eyes with Kang Joon and looked at him from head to foot.

"I see that you have company."

Se Yi chuckled and kissed him on his cheek. "Good Morning, I've brought food Dad." she said getting inside and headed to the kitchen.

Kang Joon cleared his throat and greeted. "Hello, I'm Seo Kang Joon."

"Yeah, get in." Doohyun steps on the side welcoming him in. Kang Joon walks in and helps Se Yi. "Now care to introduce this guy?"

"He's Kang Joon."

"I know, he just said that. You know what I mean."

"He's my friend, the one that I'm telling you about. I'm staying with them." She said and finishes setting up the table as Kang Joon helps her. "Come here, let's eat."

Doohyun sat at the table and looked at Se Yi. He can tell that something's wrong. "I thought that you'll be staying with that Sung Gyu guy."

Se Yi froze but shakes the feeling off and continued on eating. "I just stayed for a day not forever. I'm not going back anyways."

"Okay, what's wrong here? Spill it out young lady."

Se Yi sighed. "I.. I realize that if I go back I'll only be hurting the people that I love. I don't remember them Dad... I'll only bring pain to them because I can't remember every single thing that I have with them."

"But don't realize? This is only temporary. You'll remember them eventually."

"Eventually? I've already waited 2 long years Dad! I can't have them waiting for something that won't happen!"

Doohyun smiled. "They love you Se Yi, they will wait no matter how long it takes. Don't make the same mistake that I've committed. You'll lose everything if you do."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi and Kang Joon drive their way home. Kang Joon pulled up on their drive way and they both left the car. Se Yi's eyes landed on a familiar person staring at her.

"Oppa." she said. Sung Gyu walked towards her with his eyes full of regret. Kang Joon saw him and stepped right in front of them knowing what can happen.

"Go." he said.

"Please, I have to talk to her. I just have to talk to her." Sung Gyu pleaded.

"It's okay Kang Joon. I can do it. I'll talk to him." Se Yi said.

"But Se Yi-"

"It's alright. I'll be okay. Leave us." she smiled. Kang Joon sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Okay, but if you need me just call me okay?"

"I will."she said. Kang Joon looked at Sung Gyu like he's warning not to do anything stupid.

"Se Yi, I'm so sorry. I should've said that. I'm really really sorry.." Sung Gyu started. Se Yi shakes her head and smiled.

"No, don't be sorry oppa. It's not your fault. I know this is a cliché but it's not you, it's me. I'm the one who should go you don't have to be sorry."

"No, don't go please.." He pleaded and held her hand. "Se Yi I can't go on without you. Please come back... I want you back.."

Se Yi shakes her head. "I'm sorry... I've hurt you enough.."

"No.. Please don't... I can't go on without you!" he starts to cry and Se Yi did too.

"You can live without me. You've done for two years right? You can do it again."

"No I can't.. Please stay.." She shakes her head no and removes her hand from his and walks ahead. "You don't know how I lived those years hanging unto the hope that you'll come back someday.." she heard what Sung Gyu have said but didn't looked back. She enters the house leaving Sung Gyu alone in despair.

"Please don't erase all of our memories Se Yi... I love you so much.."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

I drive my way to the studio. It's the first day of filming of the drama and it's entitled 'Last Romeo and Juliet'. The title's catchy right? Even I want to watch it. The story is about two lovers, a man and a woman who live in different time. Lee Mijoo and Nam Woohyun will be playing those parts. It turns out that Woohyun is Sung Gyu oppa's best friend. I just found that out when I met the cast. Mijoo is just lovely as can be and is really fit for the role. I walk to the set and met saw oppa. We looked at each other for a while as the awkward atmosphere creeps in. For some reason, I don't even know what to say or even for the worst case scenario, what to do.

"Yinnie?" Woohyun called. I looked at him in confusion. "Oh right. I forgot you have amnesia."

Even the word hurts. "Woohyun." Oppa steps in.

"Oh right.. Sorry.." he rubs the back of his head feeling guilty with what he said. "Anyways, I've read the story. It's great! As usual you both have your brains connected! Even the story that you wrote back in college." I looked at oppa and he sighed. We made a story together?

"Go back to the set Namu. You've got to get ready."

"Oh, okay. See you both later then!" he said then runs off.

I looked at oppa and he didn't say anything and just walked away. I don't even know what to say either. The director calls for a start and everyone went to their places.

"Okay, action!" the director shouted. Music starts playing as Mijoo walks by the library.

(A/N: The song's Season 2 by Infinite ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsfZAKAGH5M)

She traces the books with her fingers as she decides on what book to read for today. Mijoo's role was a daughter of a duke from the past and she was a person who spends her time reading books because she's not allowed to go out. She has now chosen a book to read and picks it out from the shelf. She flinches and stood up when she saw something light up from the shelves. She took the book out and saw a man at the other side. She gasps in surprise and they both smiled seeing each other. Woohyun stretched his arms and reached for Mijoo's face and touched it. She smiled as she looks at him.

"Ah.." I wince in pain. My head is starting to throb again. I think I just remembered something. I saw the same thing happening inside my head. Is that.. Me? "Ugggh..." I said squeezing my head in pain.

"Se Yi!"

"Oppa..." I said hoarsely.

"What's wrong?!"

"My head... It hurts..." he carried me to his car and places me inside. He placed his coat on me and caressed my hair. He gives me my medicine and I took it.

"Hang on." he said and lowered the seat a bit so that I can lay down comfortably. "How do you feel?"

"A little bit better.. I don't know what happened to me.."

"Maybe your memories rushed into you again." he starts the engine and turns the air conditioner on. "Just sleep for a bit. I'll just wake you up later."

I nod and close my eyes and drifted to sleep.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I gasp seeing a man at the other side of the shelf. Our eyes locked the moment we saw each other. The man stretched out his hands and held my cheek. Once he touched me, we both smiled.

"Se Yi." I flinch and looked back seeing Lay oppa call me. The man pulled his hand back and I frowned. "What are you doing here? Did you find the book?" he asks me. I shook my head no and followed Lay oppa. My heart is beating so fast the moment that guy touched me. I have to see him. Just for the last time.

"What's wrong?" he asked after noticing that I stopped on my tracks.

'Oppa, you go on ahead. I'll follow.' I signed and ran back to where I was earlier.

Please be there. I chanted that repeatedly and continued walking but when I got back, he's not there.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I gasp as I woke up. I remember. I remember it all. Everything! I sat up and realized that I'm at Sung Gyu oppa's room. "You're awake?" Myung asked.

"Myung!" I exclaimed and hugged him.

"Woah there! You just called me Myung! You remember me?" I chuckled.

"Yes! I remember everything! Where is oppa? I have to see him!!"

He smiled. "He said that he'll be back for a while. He'll be happy to know that you're back." I smiled.

"Myung?" a voice called.

"He's here. Now go Juliet and meet your Romeo." he said and I ran off to meet my one and only Romeo.