Chapter 41

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 11.


Se Yi.

"D..Dad?" I muttered as I see Dad sitting at the chair at the police station. "What are you doing here?"

"Se Yi.. let me explain-"

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Unnie said pulling me to her back. "YOU TRIED TO KILL HER AND YOU'RE THE REASON WHY SHE SUFFERED!"

"Unnie, you're wrong! Dad is a good person and he regrets everything!"

"Se Yi? Y.. you remember everything?" Mom asked.

"No, but I've been with him for the time being. He took good care of me and Dad didn't hurt me a bit."

"Se Yi." I looked at Dad and smiled. Even if what they're saying right now is the truth, I won't care. I've been with him and he regrets everything. He still loves me as his daughter even though he knows that I might hate him.

"Don't worry Dad, you won't be in jail."

"Yes, but you have to choose Lee Doohyun." Dad stepped in and said. "You either stay away from my daughter's life or step inside that jail."

"Dad!"

"Choose."

"Dad please don't do this.. we can be happy together.."

"We can't dear. Once trust is broken, it can never be brought back again." He said then looked at Doohyun appa. "Now choose."

"I'll step inside the jail."

"Dad!"

Doohyun appa held my cheeks as I start to cry and smiled. "I have to pay for all of the things that I have done to you Se Yi. I can't step away from your life either. I love you so much my princess." He chuckled. "Besides, I can still see you from time to time. Now don't cry." He whispered so that Unnie and the others can't hear.

"Dad.."

"I'll be okay."

"You heard him Se Yi." Unnie said.

"Dad!" I cried as the cops starts to take him inside the jail. Unnie takes my arm and stopped me from running after him. I nudge my arm off her and glared at her. "I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST BUT I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT HE ALREADY CHANGED!" I said then left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Se Yi-" Sung Gyu was cut off when Se Yi hugged him. It was so tight that he can feel her sobbing in pain. He slowly pulled away and looked at her. Her eyes were full of pain as she cries. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I know that you won't believe me either.. I may not still remember what kind of person Doohyun appa is or how he treated me back then, but he changed. I was with him the entire time before I went back and he looked after me."

Sung Gyu was surprised with what he heard. He shakes his head in disbelief and held her hands.

"Se Yi, are you sure? He.. he tried to kill you back then."

She nods. "I told you he was not a bad person. He helped me many times even though I don't know him! He told me that he felt guilty doing bad things to his daughter.. He's been alone all this time oppa.. I'm the only one that he has.."

Sung Gyu smiled and wipes her tears with his fingers. "Alright, I believe you. Now don't cry."

"You're just saying that.."

"No." He chuckles and playfully pinches her nose. "I really believe you. For you to come back to us safely, he must've really taken good care of you. I trust you Se Yi." She smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome angel. Now let's get you back home."

"N..No. I can go on my own."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." She said. "Thank you oppa."

Sung Gyu nodded and waved her goodbye watching his girl leave.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu.

I dried my hair with the towel hanging around my neck and sat at my bed. I heard my phone rang so I answered it. "Hello?"

"Oppa!"

"Oh, Jinhee. What's up?"

"Is Se Yi there?"

I don't like this. "She came earlier but went back. Why?"

"Oh god. She's still not back.."

I didn't need to hear anymore words. I quickly grabbed my jacket and headed out. I start the car and quickly drive to find Se Yi. I can't afford to lose her again. I dialed her number and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I sighed in relief hearing her voice. She's safe.

"Goodness Shin Se Yi! Where the hell are you?!"

"Unnie called you didn't she?"

"I told you to go back home. Where are you?"

"At Mom's grave."

"Don't move. I'm going to you."

"Okay."

I hang up and drive to the cemetery where Eunjung-ssi's grave is located. I ran off and searched for Se Yi and she's there.. leaning on her mom's grave hugging her knees. I walked to her and hugged her.

"You found me huh?" She said.

"I will always find you no matter what." I looked at her and her eyes are swollen. "You told me that you're going home. You scared me to death Angel. I thought something bad happened to you again."

"I'm sorry. I just can't go back there right now.."

"Then let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"To the place that I made for you."

We headed back to the car and I started to drive. When we reached the place, I got out first and opened the door for her. She looks at me then at the house in confusion.

"What are we doing here?" I smiled and took her hand. I opened the gate and we make our way inside. "Is it alright for us to just go in?"

"Yes because it's ours." She stopped in surprise and looks at me.

"Oppa.."

"I was going to show it to you the moment that I'll propose but turns out that my plan's ruined." I chuckled.

"Since when?" She said. "Since when did you start all of this?"

"The moment that I fell for you. I started saving up." I laugh in embarrassment. "Um.. I decided to build a house wherein we can spend our life together. Honestly, it was hard at first. But when I got the job, it was much easier that's why it's finished."

She starts to cry as she shakes her head in disbelief. "I.. I didn't know you've done all of these for me..."

I smile and wipe away her tears. "I would do anything for you angel."

"Thank you... Really thank you. I don't know what to do to give back all of these oppa.."

"Just stay with me. That's all I need."

She smiles and held my cheeks then kissed me. It's the first time that initiated the kiss so I admit that I was a little surprised. I smiled and her waist pulling her close to me. She slowly wraps her arms around my neck and continued to kiss me. After a while, she pulled back and flushed.

"Hey," I chuckled holding her cheeks. "Don't be shy."

"No.. I just... I don't know what happened just now."

"But I like what happened just now."

"Oppa!"

I laughed and ruffled her hair. "Just joking." I said then took her hand. "Let's go, I'll show you around."

She smiles and nods. We make our way inside and she lets go of my hand and ran around. "Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!" She said in awe.

"This is amazing oppa! I can't believe you just spent all of your money for these!"

"Well, Myung did help a bit."

"Really? I have to buy him dinner sometime then!"

"Wait." I don't like the sound of this. "Just the two of you?"

"Yup. What's wrong with that?"

"You can't. I'll go with you!"

"Why? It’s just Myungsoo."

"Even so."

"Wait," she walks close to me and eyed me weirdly. "Are you afraid that I might fall for him for just one night?"

"W..Well he's still a guy a..after all!"

She laughs and shakes her head. "This is unbelievable. He's your brother oppa!"

"B..But still!"

"Don't worry," she held my cheeks and smiled. "I will only fall for Kim Sung Gyu. My one and only Romeo."

"You're making my heart melt angel."

"I always do right?" I laughed.

"Yes, you always do." She held my hand and smiles.

"I thought you're going to show me around?"

"I am going to but you got distracted and let go of my hand."

"Oh.. sorry." She tightens her grip and showed it to me. "Now I won't let go. I promise."

I chuckled and shake my head. We headed to the second floor and I opened the door for her. I added a mini library inside our house because we both love books.

"It's hard to break my promise now that you showed this room to me Kim Sung Gyu."

I laughed. "If you let go of my hand it's over."

"Are you making me choose between the books and you?"

"Maybe?" I replied playfully. Now let's test you Shin Se Yi.

She bit her lower lip uncomfortably and glanced at the books. I can tell that she's having a hard time. "Please can I let go now?"

"Not yet."

"Oh god this is hard.."

I laugh. She's so cute but just a little bit more. I'm a sadist and I'm enjoying this. "Oppa?"

"Okay now you can."

She grinned and immediately let go of my hand running to the books. She stopped by one book that made us closer. Romeo and Juliet.  "How did this.."

"I bought one at a vintage shop when I'm at the States. The owner said that it's really old. I wanted to give it to you."

"You're killing me every second."

"That's not all angel. Life's full of surprises." I smirked. She chuckles and walks around. I took my phone out and took a picture of her and sent it to Jinhee.

To: Jinhee
8/3/14 6:48 PM

I found her. She still doesn’t want to come back. Don't worry I'll take care of her for a while. Just give her time.

After a while, Jinhee replied.

From: Jinhee
8/3/14 6:50 PM

Oh thank god! Please do oppa. I know I've done something that hurt her but it's for her own good. You know how much she means to me. She looks so happy. I'm glad you showed her the house. ^^

I smiled at her text. Se Yi really looks happy at the picture. "Who are you talking to oppa?"

"Jinhee." She frowns.

"Oh.. Is she coming for me?"

"Nope." I walked to her and hugged her. "I told her to give you more time."

I felt her wrap her arms around my waist and I smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I pulled back and looked at her. "Now let's eat okay? I'm getting hungry."

She nods. "Okay."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Kang Joon sighs and leaned on his chair as he takes a break from all of his work at the company. He stands up and takes his coat heading to the nearest cafe across their building. He ordered a cup of Americano and takes a seat.

"This is tiring." He sighed in defeat.

"Cafe Latte for Ms. Seojin?" Kang Joon's eyes widen. Seojin. The name that he misses so much. He looked back and saw the girl that he was looking for the past 5 years. "Thank you! Please come again!"

"S..Seojin." his knees weaken but he struggled to chase after Seojin. "Seojin!!" He shouted.

Seojin looked back and stopped on her tracks. "K...Kang Joon."

Kang Joon started to cry as he approach Seojin. "Y..You're alive! Oh god you're alive."

Seojin started to cry too and hugged Kang Joon. "I'm so sorry.."

Kang Joon shakes his head and smiled wiping her tears away. "It's okay. What's important is you're here right now. I found you."

She smiled and nod. "I've found my Juliet." He said while holding her cheeks.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Kang Joon.

We made our way back home and I sat at the living room with Seojin. I entwined my fingers with her and kissed her. This felt right. Even though I fell in love with Se Yi, being with Seojin is nothing better.

"I should tell you why I left." She said sitting up.

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"No... I think I have to."

"Okay then."

"Joon-ah, I got myself treated."

I sat up straight with my eyes wide in surprise. "W..What? Are you alright? Are you sick?"

She chuckled and pats my head. "I told you I got myself treated. I got leukemia."

"Seojin."

"Don't worry I'm fine now. Yeojin unnie told me everything and I'm so sorry. I don't want you to see me sick that's why I left. I was about to go back to you when I was treated five months ago but I figured out that maybe you hate me that's why I never came back."

"I never hated you Seo." It feels good calling her that again. "I would never ever. I waited for years that someday you'll come back to me but then.." I stopped when the thought of loving Se Yi appeared inside my head.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"I'm sorry Seo.. I.. There's a time that I stopped waiting for you. When I met Se Yi."

"S..Se Yi? A girl." She said feeling uneasy.

"No wait Seo. Let me explain first."

"Wait." She stands up. "Let me just ask you something before I listen."

I sighed and nod. "That Se Yi.. Do you like her?"

I smile knowing the answer. "No," I held her hand and pulled her back to me. "I realized that when I get to see you again. She was there in your place. She made me smile and happy until there was a time that I think I was in love with her but I was wrong. I loved her because I can see you in her. I loved her because of you. I missed you so much that I saw you in another person." She started crying and I wipe her tears away.

"I'm so sorry.."

"No Seo. Thank you for coming back. I realized many things because of you leaving me. I thought of me hating you but then, I can't hate you because I love you so much."

"Joon-ah.."

"Now don't cry and do me a favor please. Don't ever leave my side again." She smiled.

"I'd be honored to."

I kissed her and she hugs me back.  "Joon?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to see Se Yi. Can you bring me to her tomorrow?"

"Sure. I'm sure she'd like to meet you too."

She smiled and rested her head on my chest. A caressed her hair until both of us fell asleep.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi hid inside her room while hugging her knees and cried.

"Come on Yinnie please open the door! It's me your unnie! Dad's not here so please!"

Se Yi shakes her head and covered her ears trying not to hear anything. "AH! DAD!"

She flinched in fear. *Unnie?* she thought and stood up. She slowly opens her door when Doohyun saw her.

"You filthy little kid!" He exclaimed and slapped Se Yi making her fall on the ground.

"Se Yi!" Jinhee exclaimed and ran after her sister. "Oh my god you're bleeding again!"

Jinhee glared at Doohyun. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?! WE DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING TO YOU!"

Doohyun scoffed. "YOU BOTH KILLED MY WIFE! IF YOU DIDN'T COME TO OUR LIVES SHE WOULD STILL BE HERE!" He shouted and left.

The siblings started to cry. Jinhee helped Se Yi to get up and make her sit on her bed. Ever since Doohyun started hurting Se Yi, she stopped talking. She damped a wet towel on Se Yi's bruises as Se Yi stared blankly.

"Don't worry Yinnie. Unnie will protect you." Jinhee said while crying.

"I want to die." Jinhee's eyes widen.

"S..Se Yi." she looked at Se Yi as tears flowed from her face. "Don't worry, everything's going to be alright."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Se Yi! Angel wake up!" Se Yi gasp in surprise and held unto Sung Gyu.

"O..Oppa." She said with a shaky voice.

"What's wrong? You're shaking." Se Yi was unaware that she is shaking. She glanced at her hands and saw that they were.

"I.. I remember everything. Appa.. Doohyun appa tried to kill me. That's why he called me the night after you left.. E..Everything.. I remember everything. He hurt me back then when I was a child. I.. I-"

"Shhh. It's alright. I'm here." Sung Gyu pulled her to a hug and caressed her hair.

"I..I don't understand.. he take good care of me. But he tried to kill me back then.."

"Like you said, he changed Se Yi. He tried to kill you because he was blinded because of his love for Eunjung-ssi."

"I..I want to see him."

Sung Gyu held her and looked at her. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Please take me to him."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu drive on their way to the police office. They got off the car and headed inside. Se Yi held his hand in fear and he can feel that she's shaking. "It will be alright angel."

Se Yi smiled and nodded. They walk in and told the cops that they are there to see Doohyun. They were asked to wait for a second and Se Yi's heart started to beat so fast in fear as she see Doohyun.

"Se Yi, you're here. I've been waiting for you!" He took a step close to her but she took a step back in fear. "Se Yi?"

She didn't answer and her fear is back.


UPDATE! Hi guys! Happy New Year!! This year's been so memorable to us right? I hope 2015 will be good to us also! ^^ I hope you'll enjoy this chapter guys! I love you all and always keep safe! ^^