Chapter 24

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 24


"Can I taste?" Se Yi asked.

Sung Gyu smiled and shook his head. "Nope. It's not done yet."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes looking at the two. "Gosh, just let her taste it. You're ruining my birthday with you both acting all lovey-dovey."

Se Yi laughs. "Well, Happy Birthday to you."

"Gee, thanks." Myungsoo said in sarcasm. The oven rang and Se Yi rushed over to get the cake that she baked.

"It's done!" she said cheerfully.

"Oh, at last!" Myungsoo got off his chair and rushed to Se Yi. "Can I have some now?"

"No, not yet Myung! It's still not done."

"But you just said it was done!"

"What I meant was its done baking. I'm still going to decorate it."

"Ugggh!! I'm dying to eat my cake!" Sung Gyu laughs and shakes his head in amusement.

"Oh? What are the young people doing in the kitchen?"

"Granny!" Se Yi and Myungsoo said in unison.

"Hello dears." she replied. "And Happy Birthday Myung. I love you so much."

Myungsoo smiled. "Thank you Granny and I love you too."

She smiled. "So what's cooking?"

"Myung's favorite Gran, beef stew." Sung Gyu replied.

"Oh, and who baked this chocolate cake?"

"It's me!" Se Yi said.

"I see. Can I taste?"

"Sure Granny, I'll give you a slice!" Myungsoo gasped.

"You just told me you want some. Granny asked me if she can have a taste."

"There's no difference!" he exclaimed.

"Oh yes there is."

"Gosh! No wonder you're with hyung! You're both so difficult!" Se Yi laughed.

Se Yi

I smiled as I continue to decorate Myung's cake. I wish everyday will be like this. It makes me happy just seeing them all together.

"That looks nice." Oppa said. I smiled and nodded.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Myung will love it."

I giggled. "He's dying to have one."

He laughs. "Yeah, I agree."

I smile as I look at the finished cake. I'm so proud of myself. I gasp when I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Oppa."

"Se Yi, this won't end right? When I come back, you'll be here right?" I turned around and pat him in his head.

"No it won't. I'll wait for you and we'll continue to create happy moments together." he smiled weakly. "What's wrong oppa?"

"I just.. I don't want to leave.. Just when things are great about us.."

"You have to. Do it for me and for Myung. You're the only one that he has now."

He sighs. "I know," he pulls me closer and buries his face to my hair hugging me tightly. "But I need you too."

"I will just be here. Nothing will happen."

"I know." he reply.

"Now let's get this out there okay? Everyone's waiting." he chuckled.

"Okay."

We picked up the food and placed it on the dining table.

"Wow, My sister's so great." Unnie said and I laughed.

"Thank you."

"Wah~~ Can we eat now?" Sung Jong cheerfully asked.

"Aren't we going to sing Myung a happy birthday first? I mean he's the reason why we all gathered here right?" Mom said.

"Oh right.. Sorry hyung!" Sung Jong said.

"Okay then!" Hoya picked his guitar and started playing a happy birthday song. We all sing and clapped our hands singing him a happy birthday.

"Thanks everyone." Myung let out a smile and said. "Then let's eat! I'm dying to eat that cake!"

I laughed as he slices his cake. Myung, you'll get better right? You have to, for oppa and for us.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

As the party goes on, Oppa showed me his room. Trust me, his room is just like heaven to me. It's full of books! It's just the same with mine, only he have much books compared to me.

"Wow, this is just wow." he laughs.

"You like it?"

"I love it. Can we exchange rooms just for a day? I can lock myself in here."

He grins. "I would love that Shin Se Yi."

"Um, let me get myself clear, locked in this room alone." he laughs.

"You don't want to get locked up with me?"

"No. I'll get distracted while reading."

"Well, I guess I'm too handsome huh?"

"Don't get so full of yourself." he chuckled and I continue to walk around the room. "Oh?" I said picking a notebook. It looks pretty. "You're writing a story?"

"Yeah." he sat on his chair facing me.

"What is it about?" I asked.

"You." I froze. Did I hear it right?

"Me?"

"Yeah you. It's not finished though."

I set the notebook down and looked at him. "Why are you writing about me?"

"I write about things that makes me happy. I wrote something about Myung and Gran too."

"Oh.." I don't know how to react so that's it okay?

"Yah Kim Sung Gyu." I sat in front of him and stare right in front of his eyes. He laughs and stares back to me.

"Yes Shin Se Yi?"

"I love you." he smiles.

"Well I love you too."

"Forever."

"Forever. Our infinity will last till infinity."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I smile as I watch Se Yi sleep. She fell asleep while reading a book, so cute. She really looks like an angel as she sleeps. "Sleep well my angel."

She nudges close and I hug her tight letting her sleep on my chest. "Don't.. Go"

I flinch and looked at her. "Se Yi?" she's still asleep. I wonder what she meant by that. I reached out for my phone and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Sung Gyu." I felt like my world stopped for a moment. It's my aunt.

"Oh, hi. What's wrong?"

"You know why I called Gyu. It's about Myung. I'm not going to be selfish here. I'm telling you that we can perform the surgery. Now my question is, when can you go here?"

I looked back to Se Yi. I don't want to leave yet. I don't want this to end even though it's just temporary. But I'm sure if she knew that we can go now, she'd tell me to go right this instant and that's what I love about her. She's not selfish and she always thinks about all the people around her. But I have to go for Myung. I have to as soon as possible. I sigh and get back to my senses.

"Hello aunt? Can you give us a couple of weeks? We’ll be there before the month ends."

"Okay then. I want you to know that Yeol will be going ahead of time. He wants to see you all as soon as possible."

"Okay then."

"Gyu?"

"Yes?"

"I know you don't want to leave Se Yi, but she's the reason why I called you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? I don't understand.."

"She called me and pleaded me to convince you to go as much as possible." I stared at Se Yi. She did that? "And don't think that she wanted you to leave because it's the opposite. She just wanted Myungsoo to get better."

I smiled. "I know. Thank you."

"Okay then. You both take care and send my regards to Se Yi."

"Will do."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I opened my eyes as I felt the sunlight on my face. I sat up and find myself sleeping beside Sung Gyu oppa- WAIT WHAT?!

"Oh my goodness." I gasp in surprise. Why am I here? Did I just sleep here?!

"Oh, you're up." he smiled as he holds my cheek. "Why?" he sits up and kisses me on my forehead.

"Why am I here? Did I just sleep in your house? No wait, scratch that. Did I just sleep on your bed?!" he laughs and ruffled my hair.

"Yes you did. But don't worry, nothing happened yet."

"W..what do you mean yet?"

He laughs for the second time. "I'm just kidding." he said and kissed me on my cheeks.

I smiled and hug him. "Se Yi?"

"Hmm?"

"I wanted to tell you something."

"What is it?" he sits up straight and holds my hand.

"We're... We're leaving in a couple of weeks."

"I see." so Aunt Lee really did me a favor. "That's great then."

"I'm sorry.. I really don't want to leave yet."

"Oppa;" I smile and held his cheeks. "You have to know that I'm not sending you away to get rid of you. I want to send you away because I want Myungsoo to get better. He's important to me as much as he's important to you too. And I don't want to be miserable just like the time when I saw you at the hospital when Myungsoo got admitted. I saw you that time. You were so scared, so scared to lose someone important to you. I swear to myself that I won't let you experience that all over again. Just like how you protect me, I wanted to protect you also. Because I love you so much and I care for you."

He smiles and kisses me. "I love you too Se Yi. So much." he said and hugs me. He pulls back and looks at me in my eyes. "I love you so much. I love the way you read those books, I love the way you eyebrows meet every time you reach the of every story," I laughed. "I also love the way you love me. You're perfect for me and I will never want another girl other than you."

I smiled. "Thank you. Thank you for everything oppa and I love you so so much too."

"Oh wait. I have something to give you angel."

"Me?" he nods.

"Just a moment." he gets off the bed and searches for something in his bag. "Ah! Here it is!"

He takes a small box and took it with him as he goes back to me. "Here."

"What is this?"

"Seriously Se Yi. Just open it."

I shot him a weird look while I open the box. My eyes widen after seeing what's inside. "It's beautiful." I said and smiled.

"I know. You're the person that I remembered seeing that necklace. It’s a feather of an angel and it suits you."

"Thank you."

"Don't you lose that okay?"

"I won't." I smiled and kissed him on his cheek.

"Oh? That's it? That's my prize? A kiss on the cheek?"

"Well yes," I replied standing up from the bed. "Because we're going to be late. It's already pass 7 and our class is at 8:30." he chuckled.

"Oh right." I get off the bed and looked back at him. "Come on, get up. Get prepared."

He nodded. "Wait. I'll just change my clothes and I'll drive you b-"

"No need. I'll see you at school."

"But-"

"It's okay. I'll ride the taxi back so don't worry."

He smiled. "Okay then."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

After dressing up, I headed to school. Se Yi told me not to bother picking her up so I did not even if every part of me wants to. I headed to the room and waited for her. After a more minutes she arrived.

"Hello." she greeted and smiled.

"Hi angel. Nice necklace you have there."

"Someone special gave it to me."

"I wonder who that is." she chuckled and rolled her eyes. She sat next me and opened the book that she's holding.

"I really can't believe I fell or a bookworm." I said.

"I can't either." we both laughed.

"Se Yi, I'll miss you."

"Yeah, I know. I will too."

"I'll come back as soon as I can I promise."

"Mmm."

"That's it? What a reaction. Other girls would cry at this state."

She chuckled. "I won't cry because I kow that you'll be back."

"What are we going to do now?" I asked.

"Let's just spend the remaining weeks together." she smiled.

"Okay then." I held her hand and replied. "I would like that."


Hello guys! Update! Haha! I hope you'll like this one! Thanks for my new subscribers :D Enjoy reading guys and continue to leave your comments and subscribe!! Keep safe always and I love you all~ :**

-ninakim-428_inspirit <3 <3