Chapter 32

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 2.


Yuan.

We are all asked to assemble or a meeting to welcome a new employee. Its fun having a new member in the team, that means more teamwork and less work right? Well, team leader said that the new intern will be a help for me because he's a story writer that means less work for me. Well, it's not my work to write a story for the plots and ideas that they are giving me from the start. I just have an extra time that's why I am doing it.

"Okay every one gather around!!" Team Leader called us.

"Yuan! Let's go?" Hyeri called me and I nodded. We both sat together as the new employee enters.

"Okay everyone, this is Kim Sung Gyu. He will be our story writer from today on. He's personally recommended by our CEO so take care of him okay?"

Whoa.. Is he that good that Kang Joon's sister recommended her? I looked at him and he's staring at me... Or is it really me? I looked at my back and there's no one behind me.

"Yuan, he's staring at you!!" Hyeri whispered.

"Me?" I pointed at myself and Hyeri nodded. So he is staring at me. I stared back and I don't know if it's just me or is he familiar? I think I've seen him around somewhere. Well the world is small so maybe I have.

"Okay now, Yuan?"

"Ah yes?"

"Can you show Sung Gyu-ssi his working place?"

"Ah yes." I smiled and approached him.

"I'll leave him to your care then."

"Yes team leader." I replied back and looked at Sung Gyu-ssi. "Hello, I'm-"

"Park Yuan."

"E..Eh?"

"The Director told me about you so I know your name."

So he knows Kang Joon too? I wonder if he knows that I live with them. Wow, talk about connections. "Oh. I see.. Um, I'll show you your place."

He nodded and followed me. "Here you go. If you need anything just approach me okay?"

"Yeah."

I smiled. I noticed the necklace that he's wearing. It's a ring necklace that is the same as..mine? "Um.. Can I ask something?"

"What is it?"

"The necklace that you're wearing, where did you get that?"

His eyes widen and held his necklace. "I..I bought it. I..It's just that."

"Oh.." I said and walked back to my place.

"Y..Yuan-ssi!"

"Yes?"

"Why did you ask?"

"I have one that looks exactly like it." His face fell. He looks sad and it's making my heart ache. Why am I being like this- "Ah.." It's starting again..

"Se Yi!" he approached me and held me. Se Yi? That name, why does it sound familiar?

"Ah.... Ah stop.." I gritted my teeth in pain and said.

"Se Yi!" He repeated. Why does he keep on calling me like that? My head hurts.. Kang Joon...

"Yuan!" my sight is blurry but I can tell that Kang Joon is here. I held my head to ease the pain but I never learn. It doesn't help a bit. It keeps on hurting as every second pass. "Get the car ready Eunhyuk!"

"Yes!" I felt him carry me and after that, I out.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

'Umm.. Can I ask you something?'

I asked as I showed him my phone.He looks at me uneasy and nods. "Uh sure. Go ahead."

'Umm.. Last summer.. At the library.. Why did you touch my cheek?'

His eyes widen. I think he's not expecting my question. He's cute. "Uh.. I don't know really.. But why did you smile when I touched you?"

I blinked and gave it a thought. Why did I smile? 'I don't know either.'

He laughs. "Let's just eat. Stay here I'll go get something for us-"

I stood up and held his hand while shaking my head no. 'I'm going to do it since I told you to find another partner Sung Gyu-ssi.' I smiled.

"Okay then." he replied. I headed to the line and waited for my turn. What should I get for us? My heart started beating faster than usual. Somehow the 'us' makes my heart flutter. I think I may be crazy..

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I opened my eyes and saw Kang Joon. He's beside me and caressing my hair. "You're awake?"

I nod in reply. I can't recover from the dream that I saw. Who's that guy in my dream? Why do I feel like I wanted to see him so badly? I tried so hard to see his face but I can't. His voice is so familiar. It's the same voice that called me angel. And the voice that called me Se Yi- Sung Gyu-ssi! Maybe he knows who I am! I stood up and winced a little since my head hurt a bit.

"Where's Sung Gyu-ssi?" I asked him.

"W..why are you looking for him?"

"I have to ask him something."

"W..What is it?"

"Why are you asking?" I asked.

"I can ask for you. J..Just stay." there's something wrong with him. His voice is not asking me to stay because he's worried that something might happen to me again. I think he's pleading me not to go and leave him.

"I will just ask him and come back so don't worry." I said then get off the bed. My eyes widen when he pulled me back to a hug, a tight hug that is.

"Don't go Yuan.. Please stay.. Please stay for me eo?"

"K..Kang Joon-ah.. What's wrong with you?"

"Please don't leave.." his voice is pleading for me to stay. I sigh. I'll just ask him the next time we meet then.

"Okay I won't. Stop whining already." he pulled back and smiled.

"Thank you Yuan."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu.

I sat on my chair painfully waiting for Se Yi-I mean Yuan to come back. I almost died earlier when I saw her in pain. It must've hurt badly. It also hurt me when I saw Kang Joon taking care of her. It's like I don't know her anymore. I miss Se Yi. The Shin Se Yi that loves me and I love back. I sigh and ran my fingers through my hair. I don't know what to do anymore.

"Sung Gyu-ssi!" I looked up and saw Se Yi huffing.

"Se-" I stopped myself. I can't slip again. I've slipped once and that's enough. "Y..Yuan-ssi.."

"Perhaps, did we met before?"

What she said just now made me stood from my seat. Did she remember it all? Wait. She doesn’t. I mean, why would she ask me a question with a 'perhaps' in it? As much as I want to tell her the truth, I can't. It pains me to see her like that again. As much as I want to hug her and kiss her, I can't. I will chose for her to just forget me than her remembering me and causing her pain. I'm okay with it as long as she's alive, I'm okay.

"No. Why would you say that?"I said sounding as confident as I can. I'm sorry angel.

"But earlier, you called me Se Yi. I think I heard you call me Se Yi!"

"Did I?" my heart is crushing into pieces. I don't want to be rude to her but I just can't tell her the truth and this is the only way to prevent that from happening. "I think you've misunderstood Park Yuan-ssi. What I called you earlier is Yuan. I apologize for calling you so casually."

"But I heard-"

"That's what I've said. Now if you'll excuse me, I have something to do."

I said then left her behind. I'm sorry angel... I really am..

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Kang Joon.

"Ugh.. So tiring." Eunhyuk said as we both went in. "Change your clothes and I'll cook our dinner Young Master."

"Okay." I replied and headed upstairs then looked for Yuan. I smiled seeing her. "Yua-"

I stare at her as she looks outside the window. Her eyes are dull and full of sadness. "Why can't I still remember anything?" she said to herself and ran her finger through her hair in frustration.

"You shouldn't do that." I said then walked to her. She looks around and saw me then stood up from her seat.

"You're here. Did you eat? I'll and cook you something. Wash up first."

"No need."  I said holding her hand. "Eunhyuk's preparing dinner."

"Oh, okay. I'll go and help him then." I grab her arm and made her look at me.

"We have to talk." I said then pulled her with me to my room. I have to let everything out right now or else I don't know what will happen if I let this feeling contain inside me anymore. We enter our room and I watch her as she sat on my bed. I lean over the wall controlling myself not to be close to her or else it will ruin everything. I sigh and continued to watch her.

"What's up?" she asks. You won't imagine how cool she is after hearing her say that.

"Do you really want to get all your memories back?" I said. "Are you not happy with the life that you're having right now? With us?"

"Kang Joon, it's not like that.."

"Please Yuan," I walked close to her and sat in front of her. "Just give me time until I can let you go. I know that if your memories come back, you'll leave me and come back to where you really belong. Just please give me time until then. I will help you get your memories back."

"Kang Joon-ah.."

"I'm sorry. I really can't let you go right now.."

She smiled and held my cheek. "If ever I'm going to remember it all, I will go back to the place where I belong to. But hey," she chuckled and pinched my cheeks playfully. "That doesn't mean that I'll leave you. I'll visit you every time and we'll eat chocolates while watching movies together. So don't you think that you'll be alone when I got my memories back okay?"

I smiled. "Can't you be by my side forever?" her smile faded. Ughh, I said something wrong again..

"I already told you right? I can only be a best friend for you but not to the other extent."

"Why? Because of that feeling of yours?! You don't even know if you had some commitment!" I snapped.

She sighs. "I'm not in the mood to fight okay?"

"Well I'm not either if you didn't tell me that feeling of yours!"

"Kang Joon!"

"Sh*t Yuan! I hate it when I hear that typical reason of yours!"

"Well I hate it when I hear that answer of yours either!" she said then walks out of my room. I growled and threw myself on my bed. I hate myself.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Eunhyuk stared at Yuan then to Kang Joon as the 'Awkward' dinner comes on. "Whoa. This is the second time that we are eating like this. What is it this time huh??"

Kang Joon and Yuan didn't reply and just continued eating. Yuan's phone rang and broke the silent atmosphere. "Hello?" she said. "Oh, Sung Gyu-ssi?" the name that Kang Joon heard just now drive him crazy. He watches as Yuan talks. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. Mm, bye. Goodnight." she said then hangs up.

"Who's that?" Kang Joon asked.

"Didn't you hear? It's Sung Gyu-ssi." she answered rudely.

"What was that about?"

"You don't need to know." she said and stood up.

"Yah! Where are you going?!"

"Back to my room. I've lost my appetite already."

Kang Joon scoffed and threw his chopsticks at the table. "This girl really!" he ruffled his hair and ran after Yuan.

"There they go again." Eunhyuk said and continued eating.

Yuan.

I walked upstairs and was about to enter my room when something irritating stopped me. "What?" I said glaring at Kang Joon.

"What did he tell you?" I scoffed. Does he have to know about that too?

"Look," I said looking at him. "You don't have to know every single bit of the word that he said because it's not even related to you."

"Yuan! I'm tired of this!"

"And I'm tired of you being stubborn! Why can't you just understand how I feel Kang Joon? You only care about yourself and not me!"

"I care about you! A lot! That's why I love you!"

"Stop okay? I don't want to argue." I turn my back to him and entered my room but then, he pulled my wrist pulling me to his room. "Kang Joon! Let go-" my eyes widen. He pinned me to his door and locked it. He looked at me seriously and held both of my hands.

"Let go of me!"

"I'll let go if you'll listen to me!"

"What?"

"Yuan! I hate this! I hate it when we're fighting!"

"You started it!"

"SHUT UP!"

"Wh-" my eyes widen when I felt his lips touched mine. He lets go of my hands then places them softly on my cheek. My heart is beating so fast right now and I think it just forgot how to stop. Wow, even my heart forgets everything. He lets go of me then looks straight on my eyes.

"Just shut up and listen to me please." he said softly and leaned to my shoulders. "I love you and you know that right?" I did not reply. "I hate it when we fight like this. I hate it when you're mad at me. It kills me on the inside Yuan. I also don't want you talking to some other man." I bit my lower lip on frustration and clench my fist. "Please Yuan.. Let's just stop eo?"

"Are you done?"

"Yeah."

"Well then let go of me."

"Yuan-"

"I hate you even more for doing this." I said then left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Ah!! Seo Kang Joon you idiot!!!" I exclaimed and kicked the stone that is in front of me. I'm really frustrated with Kang Joon right now and I don't even think if I can take to see his face right now.

"That's mean of you to kick a non-living stone just now."

"S.. Sung Gyu-ssi." he smiles and walked to me. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I always take a walk at this hour. I love looking at the stars because it reminds me of someone who's important to me." I smile and watch him walk beside me.

"Who's that someone?" I asked.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I'm sorry. I lied to you. I really called you Se Yi." I stopped walking and looked at him. "Se Yi's my best friend and a really important person to me and," he stopped and looks at me. "She really looks like you."

My eyes widen. My hands stated to shake. "S..Se Yi-ssi, where is she right now?" He smiles and sat on the ground then looks at the stars. I have to know where Se Yi-ssi is.

"Why do you ask? Have you taken some interest in me already?" he chuckled.

"Where is she?" I repeated.

His smile changed but doesn't fade. "If you're thinking that you might be her, then don't. Because Se Yi's a really important person and she'll never forget about me."

His words went straight to my heart and I suddenly feel like crying. He approached me and wipes my tears away. "Don't cry." he said softly. I don't know why but I suddenly moved my hands through his cheeks and he smiled.

"I don't even know why I am crying.." he chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"You're a weird girl." I smiled. "Stop crying."

This feels right. His touch makes me feel warm on the inside and I don't know why I'm being like this. It just feels right when he's here. "Sung Gyu-ssi, can you be my friend starting from today?"

He smiled. "Sure. I will be your friend Yuan."