Chapter 22

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 22


"Yinnie, have some meat!" Jinhee said offering her sister a piece f meat that she grilled. "Ahh~"

Se Yi giggled at her sister's cuteness and opened , eating the piece of meat. *I can't believe that she's older than me.*

Se Mi smiled at her daughters. It makes her happy seeing them close like this. "Those two are really close huh?" she said.

"Well yes. Sometimes they team up just to tease me." Yoojun replied and she giggled.

"And you let them oppa?"

"Well they are my daughters. I can do that at least." Sung Gyu smiled and shook his head.

"Dad! We need more meat!" Jinhee shouted.

"Okay. We'll bring some!" Yoojun shouted back. "Xing, help me bring the meat."

"Okay." Lay replied and followed Yoojun inside the house.

"Oh yeah, Xing?"

"Yes?" Lay replied.

"Your father called me." Lay froze.

"He what?"

"He called. He asks me if I can convince you to come back."

"Oh."

"Hey, you should give him a chance you know?"

"I don't need them anymore ahjussi. I have my mom with me even though we are not related by blood."

"Yes. I admit that she did take good care of you buddy. But hey, how about your real mom? I'm not saying this because I'm asked to. I'm saying this because I know what it feels like to lose someone special. And that's why I'm taking care of those girls." Yoojun smiled and looked at her daughters then to Se Mi. "They're my life. I lost them once and I'm given a chance to treasure them and take good care of them. It's the same with you Xing. You are now given a chance to go back. Don't lose this chance or you might end up regretting something okay?"

Yoojun's words slowly sinks in Lay. He admits that he wants to go and see his real mom back. But he doesn't want to leave the woman that took good care of him in her place. "Now let's go and bring this out okay?"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞


"Sung Gyu oppa!" Se Yi called and approached Sung Gyu. "Why are you here? They're playing with fireworks."

"Se Yi, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" she asked and sat next to Sung Gyu at the sand.

"Auntie found a donor for Myung."

"Really?! That's great!"

"Yeah."

"Why do you not sound so happy?"

"I'm happy Se Yi. Believe me, I'm very grateful for that news."

"But why are you like that?"

"Because we're leaving."

Se Yi lose grip of the plastic of fireworks that she's holding. "O..Oh. I.. I see.." she said while playing with her fingers.


Sung Gyu noticed it. Just by looking at Se Yi's face makes his heart break into pieces. "Se Yi-"

"So.. When are you leaving?"

"We're just waiting for our Aunt to set the date."

"Oh. I...I see."

"Se Yi-"

"Oppa! Let's play with fireworks. Here!" Sung Gyu smiles and took the fireworks from Se Yi.

"Okay then."

Sung Gyu


I watch as Se Yi plays with the fireworks and I smile. "You love fireworks since we're small."

She giggled and looks at me. "I never get tired of if it. Remember the time when we bought fireworks with you money?"

I laughed reminiscing the past. "Yeah. We hid it from Jinhee and Kev knowing that they'll use it all."

"I missed it. It's not the same without him anymore."

"He didn't left us Se Yi. He's always with us, right there." I pointed at the sky and we both saw the star that is twinkling.

"You're right oppa. He's always with us."

I nodded and lighted the fireworks that we are holding. "Se Yi, can I ask something?"

"Sure. About what?"

"About Lay."

"What about him?"

"I'm just curious... Is he a gangster or something?"

Se Yi looked at me for a second and burst into laughter. "Lay oppa? A gangster? Ahahaha!!"

"What?"

"Nothing. I just find it funny." Se Yi said. "No he's not oppa. He just got into a fight. I'm guessing that it is Lay oppa's father's men. He wants oppa back that's why he sent them to get him."

"Back?"

Se Yi nodded. "Yes."

"But I thought that his father passed away."

"That's not his real father. The parents that you saw aren't oppa's real parents. They are just his foster parents. He ran away from home when he's still 13 because of his mom's death. Oppa told me that ever since his mother died, their life got messed up. He also tried to sell oppa to other people."

"I..I don't know what to say."

"I know. When I first heard about it I burst into tears. He's been through so much."

"But now I think his father's regretting what he did. He wants him back."

"Yeah, but he doesn't.." she looks down and plays with her fingers.

"Don't worry Yinnie. Someday he'll realize his father's worth and he'll come back."

She smiles. "You're right."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi


I lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Oppa's leaving. I should be happy right? Because Myungsoo will be well again.

"YAH!" I flinch in surprise hearing unnie's voice. I sat up and looked at her.

"Oh you're here?"

"What do you mean I'M here?! I've been here the whole time and you haven't paid any single attention to a thing that I'm saying!!!"

"Oh, sorry.. What are you saying?"

She growled and slapped her forehead. "You're driving me nuts. Forget what I've said, even though you haven't heard a single thing about it. What's wrong with you? Did something happen?"

I sighed and faced her. "Unnie, they found a donor for Myungie.."

"That's great then! But wait. Why are you not happy about it?" I smiled. That's the same reaction that I had when I heard about it.

"I don't know.. I guess it's because they're leaving?"

"Really? When?"

"I don't know yet. Oppa told me that their aunt is still setting the date. Yeollie's gonna go and get them."

"Really?! I can't wait to see him again! But wait." she moves from her bed to mine and sat in front of me. "You're like that because Oppa's leaving. Not them leaving."

"W..What?"

"See? You're not even aware of it. You still like him Se Yi. You can deny it, but will you be okay even if he doesn't come back?"

"Unnie, he will come back.."

"What makes you so sure that he'll come back?"

I was stunned. She's right. What makes me say that he'll come back? "See? You're hoping that he won't go because you don't want him to leave. My point here is that, tell him what you feel Se Yi. I know you're afraid of having a commitment but it won't hurt just to tell him."

"But..."

"Here's something. Tomorrow's our last day here. I'll help you so that you can be alone with him. Tell him okay?"

"I.. I don't know unnie..."

"You have to or you'll regret it."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

 

The night passed and we're on our last day of the trip.

"Mom! Can we go separately today? Just so you can spend time with Dad alone." Jinhee asked.

"It's okay dear. We can go with you."

"No Mom. Ever since we got here you didn't have chance to spend time with Dad alone. Don't worry Mom! We're grown-ups now. We won't get lost I swear." I chuckled at her statement.

"Okay then.. Take care of your sister."

"Sure Mom! Let's go guys!!" she replied and looked at us.

"She's really serious.. She really did it.. Oh my goodness.." Se Yi whispered to herself.

"What?" I asked.

"H..Huh? Oh n..nothing!" she stutter in surprise.

"Oppa, you owe me food last time right? Now you have to buy me one!" Jinhee said.

"Okay then." Lay laughed.

"Let's goooo!!"

"Ah unnie wait!" Se Yi called but she didn't look back. "Just when Mom told her to take care of me, she left me.."

I smiled at her cuteness. "Don't worry. I'll take care of you in her place."

"I..It's okay.."

"Hey, what's wrong with you today?"

"N..Nothing. I'm..fine."

"Is it because I'm leaving?"

She didn't answer and just looked at me. I can see sadness in her eyes. She's telling me not to leave.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I replied.

"W..Will you come back?"

I smiled. She's worried. I ruffled her hair and nodded. "I will come back."

"Is that true?"

"Yes."

 


"Promise me you'll come back. Just like how we did it when we're kids." she held up her pinky and said.

I chuckled. "I, Kim Sung Gyu, promise that I'll come back for you Shin Se Yi." I said and sealed our promise.

"You promised. You can't break it."

"I won't." I smiled then pulled her to a hug.

"I love you.." I'm not sure but I think I just heard her say it.


Hi! I hope you all enjoy this update! Um... I just want to give my deep condolences to Ladies' Code's EunB and Rise... I guess you guys have heard about them right? It's really heart breaking but let's hope that they're at peace right now :) I mean they're together right? So yeah :) Well, look forwards to the next chapter because something BIG is going to happen ;) hahahaha :)) Anyways~ Keep safe always and I MEAN it do keep safe! hahaha :)) I love you all and don't forget to leave your comments and subscribe! Thanks for the new subscribers!!!

-ninakim-428_inspirit <3 <3