4

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 4


Sung Gyu's widen. "Se Yi, you.. You just talked.."

Se Yi broke into tears and continued reading.

"I want to see him. Be by his side always. Why do we have to be away like this? Do we have to hope on a single watch that is the only way to keep us together?"

"Se Yi. Stop." Sung Gyu held Se Yi. "Let's go."

Sung Gyu

I sighed and gave Se Yi a drink then sat next to her. I reached my phone in my pocket and texted her.

Me: Are you going to tell me that you didn't talk earlier?

Se Yi: No. I just heard myself talking too.

She looked at me and she's crying. "Se Yi-ah, are you alright?"

She shook her head no. It pains me to see her like this. She texted me again and I read it.

Me: I wanted to talk again. I want to talk to you.. Please hear me out. I'll try talking so please hear me out..

I nodded and she smiled at me. She opened and tried to talk to me.

"I.. I.." I smiled and held her hand because she's shaking.

"Don't force yourself Se Yi."  she shook her head no and started to cry.

"I wanted..to talk.." I smiled.

"I get it. You can stop now." I said and pulled her to hug. "You can talk now. So don't push yourself okay?"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Yoojun looked at Se Yi and Sung Gyu at the rear mirror. He narrowed his eyes at them then back at the road.

"What the hell is wrong with you both?"

The two flinched and looked at him. Se Yi shook her head.

"Uh, nothing Yoojun-ssi."

"Then why are you both spreading an awkward atmostphere?"

They didn't replied and just looked down.

"We're here. Go ahead. I'll wait at the lobby."

"Okay." Sung Gyu replied. "Let's go Se Yi."

Se Yi nodded and smiled at Yoojun. They both left the car and made their way inside the hospital.

"Oh you're here?" Sung Gyu and Se Yi bowed to greet doctor Ahn.

"So I'm guessing you're her classmate?"

"Ah yes."

"I'm Ahn Shin Hye. Se Yi's doctor. Take a seat." Dr. Ahn smiled and offered them a seat. "Se Yi? What's wrong?"

"S..Shin Hye-ssi.." Dr. Ahn and Sung Gyu froze.

"Se Yi, d...did you just talked?"

Se Yi nodded. "You did it again Se Yi." Sung Gyu said.

"Again? What do you mean?"

"She talked the other day Dr. Ahn."

"She did? I'm happy for you dear! What did she say?"

"Umm.. A few lines from our story."

"Story? So you're both making a story?" Se Yi nodded.

Dr. Ahn smiled. She's starting to guess that Sung Gyu isn't just a classmate for Se Yi. In fact, he might be the reason why Se Yi wanted to talk again.

"Se Yi-ah, do you mind me telling him why you became like that?" she asked.

Se Yi looked at her surprised. "Don't worry dear. I won't tell if you're in front of us."

Se Yi smiled and nodded. 'I won't mind.' she signed.

"That's good then. You can go."

Se Yi blinked in surprise. 'That's it? That's for today's session?'

Dr. Ahn chuckled. "Well, I won't call today a session. I just want you to bring him here. And I'm guessing that Yoojun's outside."

'Arasso.' Se Yi bowed and left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"What? You're done?" Yoojun asked in surprise.

'It turns out that the only reason she wants me to go is because of oppa. And she told me that it is not a session.'

"I don't get psychologists."

Se Yi laughed. 'You really won't get them because you're not one.'

"I guess so. But why does she wanted to talk to him?"

'Maybe because he's the first person that I talked to?'

"Yeah and not your dad. Why are you doing this to me Se Yi?"

She laughed. "Wait. Don't tell me that he's really your boyfriend?!"

'No dad! He's not!'

"Then why does my fatherly insticts tell me that he is?"

'Dad!'

"I got it okay? He's not, arasso." Yoojun smiled and ruffled her hair. "Kaja. I'll treat you something to drink while we wait for him."

Se Yi

Ah- I mean Dad and I headed to a cafe. I sat on the table and watch him as he orders our drinks. It feels good to have someone like him since Mom passed away.

"Do I look cool while I order Se Yi?" I smiled.

'You look really cool Dad.' I giggled and took my frappe.

"Se Yi-ah."

'Yes?'

"I went to the prison.. Earlier." I froze. He what? "I visited him.."

'Is.. He doing well?'

"Yeah."

'Did he asked about us?'

He sighed. "No."

I didn't answer and just drink my frappe. I'm not expecting anything to change after these years.

"Se Yi, that doesn't mean that he still hates you."

'I'm not saying anything Dad.'

"You not saying anything makes me think that way Se Yi."

I sighed and squeezed the cup lightly. 'Are you going to give us back? When he is released?'

"You're both adults now. And the decision is not mine." He's right. He only adopted us because we're minors when Mom passed away and Dad was sent to prison. "Do you want to go back?"

Do I? Do I want to go back there once Dad is released? 'What do you think?'

He laughed. "You kept on throwing back my question Se Yi."

I smiled. He's right. I'm doing it on purpose though. Whenever we talk about this, Dad's starting to be emotional so Jinhee unnie and I are staying out of this subject as much as possible.

"Let's wait here until that punk finishes talking with the doctor." I nodded and continued to drink.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

"Now that Se Yi's gone, you ready to know her story?" I nodded.

"But can I ask you something first?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Why do you want me here and Why do you want to tell me the reason why Se Yi became like that?"

She smiled at me and pour us something to drink. I'm liking it here. I guess psychologists aren't that bad. She placed the cup in front of me and I took a sip. Wow, chocolate drink, I love it.

"You like Se Yi don't you?" I almost spit on my drink with what she said.

"W..What?"

"You like Se Yi."

"What makes you say that?"

"I asked Se Yi on how you both met. You're one of a kind."

I flushed. Now I'm starting to think myself why I did that to Se Yi. "You see, Se Yi' s not a kind to just easily trust someone. I'm surprised that she talked to somebody who's not even that close to her. I'm expecting her to talk to Jinhee or Lay but I guess I'm wrong. She talked to you. And that means your special to her. She placed her trust in you Sung Gyu."

I listened to every word that is coming out of her. Se Yi trusts me? But why?

"Se Yi began not to talk since she was 10. It was the time when her mother passed away. She hates tragic stories."

I froze. "So I guess that's why she talked that time. When I gave her the storyline that I made, she said tragic."

"Yes. You see, Se Yi's mother is a writer. She always read the works that her mother made. She loves them. And the last work that her mother made is a tragic story. I'm not going to tell you in detail what exactly happened. But Se Yi and her mother were on their way to the publishing house when the accident happened. Se Yi saw her mother die in front of her. That gave her a trauma. Since then, she can't ride in front of the car nor talk." she stopped and drinked her tea.

"I'm guessing that you met Yoojun?" I nodded.

"He's their step father."

"Yes. Yoojun adopted them because Se Yi's father is hurting Se Yi. He's blaming her for their mother's death and now he's in prison."

My hands started to shake. I didn't realize that it was too hard for Se Yi. She saw her mother die in front of her with her two eyes on top of that her father hurt her? What kind of a parent is he?!

"It's all thanks to Yoojun though. He's their mother's friend. If he didn't arrive early, Se Yi must've been dead by now."

"W..What? You mean.."

"Yes. He tried to kill his own daughter."

"What the hell?"

"Yes. And the reason why I wanted you here is because you're the only person by now who can help Se Yi talk again. I'm saying this because I treat Se Yi like she's my own daughter Sung Gyu. And I'm asking you a favor. So, will you help her?"

I smiled. "Of course I will. I love her and I will do whatever I can."

"That's what I thought you'll say. Now you can go. I'm guessing that they're waiting for you at the cafe at the lobby. Those two always go there." I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Dr. Ahn, for asking me to come." I bowed and headed to the door.

"Sung Gyu." I turned back.

"Yes?"

"Confess to her. Maybe she'll talk after she knows what you feel." I chuckled and shook my head.