Chapter 45

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 15.


Sung Gyu.

She looks at me frowning. I don't know what to say when I don't want her to leave.

"Oppa.."

I faked a smile. I don't want her to hold back because of me. "Let's eat?"

"Can we talk first?"

"Okay then."

She sighs and looks at me. "They want me.."

"Do you want to go?"

"I want to and I don't."

"Se Yi."

"I don't want to leave you again oppa. Not when everything's going into place again."

"They're waiting for you. Don't hold back because of me."

"You want me to go and leave?"

"N..No angel. That's not it."

She started to cry. "Then what? It seems to me that you're pushing me away."

"No! I don't want you to leave okay? But I don't want you to hold back you're dreams just because of me."

She stopped for a moment not knowing what to say. I really don't want her to leave me here but I also don't want her to hold back because of me. I am not on authority to held her back because I love her. I want her to be where she is happy and that's all I want her to be.

I saw her walk away and I held her hand. This is why I hate this times when we fight. I don't want to leave things unresolved. "Se Yi please don't. I don't want to leave things unsettled."

"I need time. Please." I sigh and let go of her. She walks up to her room and shut it close. I groaned amd sat on the couch as I cry in frustration. What the hell have I done to her?

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi held the doorknob and twisted it open. Her eyes widen seeing Doohyun's presence inside their house.

"D..Dad?"

Doohyun smiled and nods. He opens his arms welcoming her. Se Yi runs to him and hugs him tightly. "Dad you're back!"

"Yeah."

"But how?"

"He did." Doohyun pointed to Se Yi's father and smiled.

"Dad."

"I'm starting to get confused on who you are referring to as Dad."

Se Yi chuckled. "Thank you."

"Anything that would make my daughter happy."

"Oh you're back? Change up we're going somewhere." Jinhee said.

"Somewhere?"

"Yeah, we're all going out with that guy."

"Really?" Se Yi said in excitement. "Wait for me I'll come back in a sec.!"

Jinhee chuckled at her sister's cuteness and shaked her head. Doohyun's eyes fell on her but her smile faded. She still doesn't trust Doohyun despite of Se Yi's persuasion that he has changed. After a while, Se Yi came back and held Jinhee's hand.

"So, where are we off to?"

"Just somewhere. I happen to see this place while I am meeting with my client and it looks great. There's a spot where we can go biking and also a spot for fishing. I considered that there are adults with us so.."

"Adults with you huh? Aren't you one too?" Se Mi said.

"Come on Mom, you're all older than we are so you're all adults than we do."

They all laughed and headed inside the car. The two men sat in front while Se Yi and the other's sat at the passenger's seat. Se Yi's phone rang, it's Sung Gyu. She stared at it and gripped hold of it. Jinhee noticed her sister and looked at her.

"Se Yi? Sunbae's calling you. Aren't you going to answer?"

"Huh? Oh, i..it's nothing."

"Did you two fought?"

"N..No." Se Yi replied and looked away but Jinhee can tell that something is wrong so she took her phone and answered the call. "U..Unnie."

"Hello? Sunbae, Se Yi can't take any call because she's ours for today alright? You might want to call her tomorrow and reflect on it. Bye." She hang up on Sung Gyu. She gave the phone back to Se Yi and smiled on her. "Here."

"Thanks."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

They all have arrived the place and found a spot where they will settle. Se Mi set up the mat and took the food out from the plastic while the others helped her. "You two can go and walk around, we'll call you if it's time to eat. Doohyun oppa, you can go with them."

"Oh, alright."

"Let's go Dad!" Se Yi smiled and held him by arm. Jinhee didn't say a thing and walked beside them maintaining a distance from Doohyun. Se Yi can tell the situation so she  thinks of something that can close the distance between the two. "Oh! There's an ice cream stand!"

"You want some? I'll buy you bo-"

"I'll do it Dad. Just stay with Jinnie unnie okay?"

"Oh I-"  "Yah Shin Se Yi!"

Before Doohyun and Jinhee can say a thing, Se Yi ran off. *This silly girl really!* Jinhee thought.

"I know what she's trying to do." Doohyun chuckled.

"And it won't work. Don't dare try to say a thing because I'm only doing it because of my sister."

"Can you please just let me say something?"

"What? You're going to apologize for everything? You think that would change the fact that you tried to kill us both?!"

"Jinhee, I have reflected on everything and I regreted everything. I realized it during the time that I planned on killing Se Yi. You both are very precious to me."

"Precious?" Jinhee scoffed. "IF WE ARE THAT PRECIOUS TO YOU THEN HOW COULD YOU TRY TO KILL US?!"

"JINHEE!"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN! MOM DIDN'T DIE BECAUSE OF US! IT WASN'T OUR FAULT!"

Doohyun pulled her to a hug and wrapped her tightly around his arms."Let go of me!"

"Shh.. it's okay. You can blame me. I'm sorry."

"Shut up... I don't need you..."

"It's okay. Just cry."

Se Yi.

I smiled as I see Dad holding unnie in his arms. I'm glad it's working. I felt my phone ring and checked it. "Stop calling.."

There are 6 texts and 16 missed calls from Sung Gyu oppa. I'm not mad at him or anything. I just don't want to talk to him right now. I need time to think. It seems to me that he doesn't want me to go and to be honest, I really don't want to leave now. Not when we're both together and Dad has been finally released everything is just perfect just now.

I slide my phone open and read all of his texts.

From: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 9:34 AM

Se Yi? Are you mad at me? Angel, I'm so sorry...

From: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 9:40 AM

I tried to restrain myself not to text you but I can't.. just say something eo?

From: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 9:43 AM

Just send me something Se Yi.. I beg you..

From: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 9:45 AM

God Se Yi it's killing me please say something... I don't want us to be like this... I'm so sorry..

From: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 9:53 AM

Angel please... I'm so sorry.. you know that I love you right? I'm so so sorry.

From: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 10:00 AM

Shin Se Yi please.. I can't loose you..

I chuckled at all of his message so I decided to send him one. He doesn't know that my phone's on silent mode that is why I'm not sending him anything.

To: Sung Gyu oppa
9/27/15 10:13 AM

I'm not mad. I think I just need time for myself to think.

After a while, he called and I answered it.

"Se Yi." I smiled hearing his voice but didn't respond. "It's okay. Don't say a thing. I'll give you time for yourself but just let me see you after okay? I love you very much. I'll hang up now, bye"

I hang up and smiled. I think I need time for myself. I placed the ice creams down on the bench near where Unnie and Dad is and left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

“Oh! Se Y-“ Lay was about to call Se Yi when she immediately shut the front door. “I wonder if something happened at their outing.” He said and continued in watering their plants at the front yard.

After a while, Se Yi come out with her things and started the car. “Is she going somewhere?” he watched as she leaves and shrugged his shoulders.

Se Yi continued driving and parked the car outside the house that Sung Gyu had made. She fetched her keys and entered the house. She threw her things at the bed and sighs sitting at the floor while leaning at the wall. “Why did I come here out of all places? He might come here. Ugh, whatever I just want some quiet time.”

She stood up and headed at the kitchen to cook her some food. She found herself some ramen at the shelves and grabbed the pot. “Water.” She muttered while holding chopsticks on and placed the pot at the stove.

After five minutes have passed, she grabbed the pot with her and walked to the living room. She sat at the couch, placing both of her feet at the center table and placed a pot holder above the pillow. She started eating while watching a drama. “This is comfy.” She said and drinks her iced tea placing then placed it back at the table.

While watching the drama, she finds herself to be relating with the lead character. “Now would you go? Don’t leave her behind..” she muttered and saw that the lead character refuses to leave. She then started thinking, Should she not go just like what the lead character have done? It will fulfill her dreams of becoming a writer at last, but on the other hand, she’ll leave all of her loved ones behind. What will really make her happy?

She finished eating her ramen and placed it at the sink then started washing it. She snaps out of reality and spaced out. The water from the faucet keeps on running and she was numb not feeling the cold water pass through her hands. A hand turned off the faucet and she snaps back.

“Wha-“

“You’re wasting water.” Sung Gyu smiled.

“Oh god.”

“Went to the wrong place.”

She bit her lip, embarrassed and walks away heading back to the room. Sung Gyu didn’t enter the room and just looked at her from the outside maintaining his distance as he have promised her. “I have nowhere to go that’s why I went here.”

“Lay called me. He asked me where you are going with all of your bags so I rushed at the airport but then I didn’t find you there. I thought you’re... really going.”

Se Yi looked at him and she can tell that he really rushed to find her. He’s wearing a plain shirt and just grabbed a jacket to cover it.

“I’m going to ask you this once, please be honest with me.” She said and stood up from her bed. “Do you want me to leave?”

“I already told you, I’m going to let you decide on your own.” He replied still maintaining his distance from her.

“I’m asking you again for the last time, Do you want me to leave Kim Sung Gyu?” Sung Gyu bit his lip getting puzzled. He leaned at the door frame and sighed. He doesn’t want Se Yi to regret everything if ever he would say that he wants her to stay with him. It’s her dream to be a writer and he doesn’t want to be the cause why she couldn’t achieve it. He felt hands on his cheek and he flinch in surprise. He steps back to give her some space but she held his arm.

“No need to give me some space. I need you to step in.” she smiled. “Would you want me to leave?”

He shakes his head no and started crying. “No… I wouldn’t want you to go.”


I'm back!! AHAHAHA!! I'm sorry for the late update okay? now I'm back for summer vacation ^^ I'll keep you all updated so hope that y'all enjoy reading okay? :) Keep safe everyone!!

- ninakim0428_inspirit <3 <3