Chapter 20

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 20


"D..Dad?"

"Hello Jinhee. I'm guessing that Se Yi's shaking in fear now right? Like how she shakes when she first heard my voice before she got into that accident."

Jinhee gasp. "You- How dare you! You tried to kill her!! You're a criminal!"

Doohyun laughed. "Yeah, I am a criminal! I don't care who and what I am! I will avenge Eunjung's death!"

"It's not her fault that Mom died!"

"DON'T CALL HER THAT! SHE'S NOT RELATED TO YOU IN ANY WAY! I WON'T STOP UNTIL SE YI'S DEAD!" He said then hangs up.

"Hello? Hello?! Yah!"

"What's wrong? Oh my goodness Se Yi!" Se Mi approached Se Yi who's crying and shaking in fear. "Se Yi dear! What's wrong?!"

"Hey Se Yi!" Yoojun approached.

"No! No!" she exclaimed trying to cover her ears.

"He called." Jinhee said. Yoojun and Se Mi looked at her in confusion.

"Who called?"

"Doohyun. That crazy guy called her! Dad, she's the reason why Se Yi got into that accident!"

"What?!"

"Oppa let's get her inside! She's shaking!" Yoojun nodded and carried Se Yi.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

"Hyung, what's the matter? I'm getting dizzy watching you walk back and forth." Myungsoo said.

"Oh, sorry.. I'm just worried about Se Yi."

"Why what's wrong?"

"You know about his father who tried to kill her?"

"Yeah. That damn bastard. He's the reason why Se Yi became like that."

"Well, Mr. Damn Bastard is out of prison."

"What the hell?!"

"Yeah. And I'm worried about Se Yi."

Myungsoo smiled. "Go hyung. Don't worry about me. Woohyun hyung and Dong hyung will be here anyways."

"But-"

"Go in my place hyung. Se Yi must be scared." I smiled.

"Thanks Myung. I'll come back later."

"Yeah sure. Be careful."

"I will."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I headed to Se Yi's house and went on the front door then knocked. I was surprised when Se Mi-ssi opened the door.

"Sung Gyu."

"Se Mi-ssi.. Why are you here? Um.. Are you okay? Did you cry?"

She grabbed my hand and looked at me. Her eyes are pleading me, but I don't know why.

"Sung Gyu, help us.. Please!! Se Yi! She.. She's.."

I didn't waste another second and ran to Se Yi's room. I was shocked seeing her like this. "Se Yi."

"No! Unnie!! I'm going to be killed! Unnie! Unnie!"

"Se Yi, calm down okay? Unnie's here! I won't let anything happen to you!"

"No!! I'm scared!!" she cried and cried while her hands shake. I approached her and held her hand.

"Se Yi." she didn't stop shaking nd continued to cry.

"Sunbae!"

"Se Yi, hey." I held her cheeks to make her look at me. "Hey. I'm here."

"O..Oppa?" I smiled. She recognizes me now.

"Yes."

"Oppa.. Don't leave.." I pulled her into a hug and buried my face on her hair.

"I won't. No matter what happens I won't."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"He what?"

My blood started to boil after knowing that 'The Damn Bastard' just called Se Yi saying that he'll kill her. Hearing it makes me want to kill him back. I don't want anyone threatening Se Yi.

"I know. We have to protect her at all cost. We know how he tried to kill her back then." Yoojun-ssi said.

"Don't worry I will protect her Yoojun-ssi"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Jinhee

I sat beside Se Yi and watched her sleep. After I saw her being terrified earlier, I began to despise Doohyun. Se Yi treated her like her own real dad and he dares to kill Se Yi! If ever he shows up right now, I think I could kill him.

"Se Yi-ah, forgive me.. I should've stayed with you more... I can't protect you like how Sung Gyu oppa protects you.. But I promise Se Yi, this time unnie will protect you with her life."

"Jinhee."

"Sung Gyu oppa." he sat next to me and ruffled my hair.

"Don't worry. We'll protect Se Yi."

"I know.. I can't bear to lose Se Yi too oppa. She's my everything."

He smiled and hugged me. "I can't either. She's my everything too."

I smiled. It's nice to hear that he still loves Se Yi no matter what.

"Mom..." we both looked at Se Yi surprised.

"Se Yi?"

"Mom... Don't leave..."

"Hey Se Yi, wake up." Oppa shake her to wake up.

"Mom.." she said then tears tried to escape from her eyes.

"Yinnie-ah, Wake up!" she gasps and waked up.

"Unnie!" I pulled her to a hug and started to cry too. "Unnie, I dreamt of mom.. Unnie..."

"Shh.. It's okay.. I'm here Yinnie.."

I feel her shake in fear. I hate it when she's like this. Se Yi... Unnie will protect you.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Here Se Yi, eat this. Se Mi-ssi cooked it." Sung Gyu said and sat next to Se Yi. Se Yi didn't reply and just continue to stare blankly. "Se Yi-"

"Oppa, how is Myung?" she asks.

"He's fine. He told me to attend to you."

"Can you take me to where Mom is?"

"Oh wait here. I'll call her-"

"No. Not her.. Eunjung."

"But Se Yi, we can't go out now-"

"I want to see her.. Please.." Sung Gyu sighed in defeat and smiled.

"Okay then."

Sung Gyu

"Are you sure you can take her?" Yoojun-ssi asked.

"Yes, don't worry."

"Okay then. You both be careful." 

I nod and I guided Se Yi out of the house. "Hi hyung!!" Dong Woo greeted.

"Dong Woo oppa?"

"Hello Yinnie! I'm here to drive for you!"

"But," she looked at me confused and I smiled.

"I can't let you ride at the back alone okay? Now let's go." I held her hand and we sat at the back.

"So~ where are we headed?" Dong Woo asks.

"To the cemetery."

"Okay!" He replied and started driving.

"What?" I asked Se Yi who's staring at me.

"You don't have to do this. I can sit here on my own."

"You're not forcing me to do this. I want to do this."

She sighed and played with her fingers. I smiled. I love this little habit of hers.

"Yinnie?" Dong Woo called.

"Yes oppa?"

"Smile okay? You're lovelier when you smile." Se Yi chuckled. "There we go."

I smiled. Dong Woo's right. She's lovelier this way.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I walked to unnie’s room and knocked on her door but she didn’t answer.

“Unnie?” I called and tried knocking again. “I guess she’s asleep.”

I muttered and headed downstairs to get myself a glass of water.

“E..Eunjung’s dead?” I stopped when I heard mom’s name. I walked downstairs and hid myself. Mom and Dad are talking.

“Yeah. Se Yi and Eunjung got into an accident and that accident killed Eunjung.”

“W..What? So that is why Se Yi didn’t talk for years?”

“Yes.”

“Oh my.. My precious daughter.. I can’t believe that I’m not by her side in those times…” Mom started to cry and Dad pulled her to hug, trying to comfort her.

“It’s not your fault Se Mi. You didn’t know.”

“If only I didn’t get into a coma… I should’ve been by her side… She went through so much oppa…”

“It’s not your fault that Eunjung got a cancer okay?”

“But still..”

Tears started to flow from my eyes and I tried to cover my mouth for them not to be able to hear my sobs. Mom’s what?

“She’s going to die for a few weeks after that Se Mi. And I think that’s the reason why she really wants to publish that book for you to read it.”

“Eunjung’s my best friend… She told me that she’ll be cured… I didn’t expect her to die like that…”

I can’t take this anymore. It’s too much. I ran back to my room and reached for my phone.

“Hello?”

“Sung Gyu oppa… I need you… can I see you?”