12

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 12


Sung Gyu

My class ended an hour ago and I'm waiting for Se Yi to finish. She's having her Chemistry class right now. I know. I know that much right now. Well, I'm her temporary boyfriend okay? But I'll make it permanent, so permanent that we'll spend our life together.

"Hyung!" Woohyun whispered.  "Oh, you're here?" he nodded.

"I heard the news~ congratulations!" I laughed.

"News spread so fast huh?"

"Well, Dong Woo hyung told me. But it's really because of me right?" I cocked my eyebrow and shot him a weird look.

"What do you mean because of you?"

"Because of that ticket! If I didn't give that to you, you won't have her right now!"

I chuckled. Well, I admit. He did help. That day made us know each other more. "Okay. I guess you did help."

"Ha! I thought so! Now payback time~"

"I get it. I'll treat you to something." He grinned.

"Alright! You have to keep that word! I have to go to my class now! Bye Gyujiji!" I laughed and shook my head. Just then, I received a text from Se Yi.

Se Yi: Class just finished. Are you still waiting for me?

I smiled and reply to her text.

Me: Of course. Where are you?

Se Yi: At the hallway.

Me: Don't move. I'll find you.

Se Yi: Okay then.

I stood up from my place and picked my things up. I left the library and searched for the hallways. Somehow, I like finding her. It's somewhat familiar. Like I've been finding her all my life. The moment I first saw her at the library, I felt like I found someone that I've been looking for. And seeing Se Yi, something seems familiar but I seem can't to comprehend what it is.

I turned at the hallway and saw her leaning against the wall. I smiled. She notices me and waved.

"Hi." she said.

"Hello."

"You found me." I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"I will always find you angel. No matter where you are."

She looks confused for a second and I held her hand. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Every time you call me that, it seems like I heard you say that before. It's confusing."

"What word?"

"Angel."

"Angel?" she nodded.

I looked at her and my eyes dropped on the necklace that she's wearing. I lost grip of her hand in surprise.

Se Yi

I looked at Sung Gyu oppa and his looking at my necklace. The necklace that I found under my bed.

"Where.. Where did you get that?" he asked.

"Oh this? I don't know. I just found it under my bed."

"You really don't know?"

"Yeah."

"Are you really sure?"

"Yes. Why?" he sighed.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Why do you like Romeo and Juliet? You told me that you hate tragic stories right?"

I froze. Why do I like it? I hate tragic stories. "I don't know."

"I see." he replied shortly. He seemed to be disappointed at my answer. Like he's been expecting something specific to come out in my mouth.

He started walking and I followed him on the side. Something's up. "Oppa, are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded and kept on walking. I don't understand what's wrong but I have to know what is. "Op-"

"Hyung! Se Yi!!" Myungsoo called and approached us. We stayed on our place and waited for him.

"Hyung! Se Yi! Guess what?"

We smiled and looked at each other than to him. "What?"

"Auntie called me! She told me that she found a donor for me!"

"That's great Myung! I'm happy for you!" I exclaimed and hugged him. "So, when will you leave?"

He chuckled. "That's the other good news! The donor is here! I don't have to go!"

"That's great buddy. I'm happy for you!" Sung Gyu oppa smiled. "I guess we have to do the arrangements then."

Myungsoo nodded. "You can go with me on my way to the hospital." I said.

"You still have sessions?"

"Oh no Myung. I'm just going to visit Shin Hye-ssi."

"Oh. Okay then!" he replied.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After my visit, I stayed at grandma's room. I smiled and I went in.

"Oh hello Se Yi dear."

"Hello. I heard you're going to be discharged soon."

"Yes. I will."

"I'm happy to hear that." she smiled at me and nodded.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

I replied and we heard the door open. "Granny!"

Myungsoo exclaimed. I met eyes with oppa and he smiled at me. "Did you just get here?"

He asked and I nod. He smiled, but it’s different. Somehow though. "Can we talk?"

"Sure." he replied.

"Be back grandma." I said and she nodded.

He shut the door close and I stared at him.

"So, what is it?"

"I should be asking you that. You've been acting strange ever since you saw my necklace. What's with you?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?! When you asked me your questions it's like you're expecting something from me! I don't get you."

"It's nothing okay? So calm down."

"No. What are you thinking? Tell me."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He's frustrated. I can tell. "Look, Se Yi we're just starting here and I want us to work so please."

"That's the whole point! If you want us to work tell me what the hell you are thinking!"

"Okay. I'll tell you." he sighed. "That necklace, it's the same necklace that I gave to someone. And I've been looking for her my entire life."

Her. It's a girl? "W..what?"

"That's what I've been thinking. That's why I'm asking you where you got that."

"Did you like her?"

"Se Yi please. It's on the past okay?"

"I'm asking if you like her."

He did not answer and looked at me. "You do don't you? That's why you've been looking for her."

"Se Yi, I know where this is going to so let's stop. I love you okay? So you don't have to worry. That's just the past. Your necklace is just the same with what I gave and that's it."

He stepped closer and wraps his arms to me. I don't know what to say or do. I'm numb right now.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I drive Se Yi home. As we reached their house, I parked the car and silence started to creep in. I sighed and looked at her.

"Se Yi." she didn't say anything and just looked at me. I held her hand and placed it on my chest. "See? I so nervous that it's killing me."

"I'm sorry.. I just.." she mumbled and looks down .

"Hey, look at me." I held her cheeks to make her look at me. "I'm not mad at you. And this is why I don't want to tell you that."

"I just feel uneasy.. You know I like you too much."

I smiled and kissed her on her forehead. "And I like you too. So don't you worry about anything okay? I don't care where she is right now. But I hope she's living well. And I'm not going to find her anymore because I have you."

She smiled. "I love you Se Yi."

"I love you too."

"Forever."

"Mm. Forever."

"So we're good?"

"Yeah."

Se Yi

I smiled at him and waved him goodbye. I held the doorknob and twisted the doorknob open when..

"What did he just say? We're both your real daughters?!"

I froze. We're what? I stepped inside and took my shoes off and saw Lay oppa, Jinhee unnie and appa at the living room.

"What the hell Dad?! Answer me!!"

"Jinhee calm down." Lay oppa held her arms and said.

"No! How could I when I just knew that we're his real daughters!"

"We're what?" they all looked at me surprised. Jinhee unnie gasps and walked to me.

"Se Yi..."

"What are you all talking about?"

"We're just-"

"Tell me."

They all sighed. Dad walked to me and hugged me tight. "Dad? What's going on? I don't get anything."

I felt tears crept in my eyes. Yes, I told them that I don't understand anything but their words are starting to register inside my head. This man in front of me is my real father.

"I'm sorry Se Yi. I'm really sorry." I pulled back from the hug and looked at him at his eyes. He’s crying. Unnie's crying and I'm crying. We're all crying.

"Dad?"

"Yes Se Yi?"

"Why? How can you all do this to us? You made both of us believe that you're not our real father. Now I know why he wants to kill me so badly."

"Se Yi no.. Please don't think that way. That's the main reason why I don't want to tell you both."

"How can you? You're hurting yourself. You made us think that you're not our father!!" Jinhee unnie said.

I remained silent and ran to my room. "Se Yi!" Dad called but I didn't stop.

I don't want to talk right now. Everything is a lie. I'm living on a lie up until now? How can I manage to? Now I have the second thing that I hated the most. Lies.


Everyoneeee!!! Update Update ^^ Hahaha! Ummm.. I would just like to say something about the BaekYeon incident (Even calling them that hurts..) I'm a Baekhyun biased too. And when I read something that Baek actually cried because of that incident, I'm hurt.. I hope this issue will fade away soon and that it never happened (WELL AS IF.) Fans were hurt because of it... I just hope everything will be alright soon... Anyways! Enjoy this chapter everyone!! I love you all and always be safe!! ^^

- ninakim0428_inspirit