Chapter 21

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 21


"W..What?" Sung Gyu muttered in surprise. "Is that true?"

Se Yi nodded. He sighed and pulled her to a hug. "Don't worry. I'm sure she didn't tell you in purpose because she knows that you will feel bad about it. And hey," he held her shoulders and make her look at him. "The good thing is, she didn't feel the pain that she have to go through because it already ended right?"

Se Yi smiled and nodded. "Oppa?" she stood up and looked at Sung Gyu's back. "OH MY! LAY OPPA!!"

She rushed to Lay who's face is beaten up. "Se Yi." he muttered and his eyes fell on Sung Gyu. "Why are you here?"

"That's what I should be asking you oppa! What happened to you?! You're face is messed up!"

"It's nothing. Go home."

"No. What happened to you?" Lay sighed in defeat.

"I got into a fight okay?"

"Again?"

"Yeah. It's over this time okay?"

"Let's go and treat your wound." she held his hand and said.

"I'm fine Se Yi."

"No you're not. Let's go."

Sung Gyu approached and looked at Lay's face. "What happened to you?"

"It's just a fight. Nothing much."

"Oh.. Okay." Sung Gyu's face fell on Se Yi who looked worried. "I guess I'll be going then Se Yi."

"Mm. Thanks oppa. You really helped." he smiled and ruffled her hair.

"You're welcome."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Ah! Se Yi, try to be more gentle!"

"It's your fault for being too stubborn. Why don't you just go back oppa? Then they might not beat you up again."

"I'd rather die than to go back."

"Oppa, they are waiting for you. Auntie wants you to go back too."

"It's my decision not hers."

"It's becayou are her son!"

"I'm not her son Se Yi. I'm adopted!"

"Oppa! Don't say that."

Lay held her hand and stopped her from treating her wound. He stood up and opened his window. "Go back."

"Oppa-"

"Go Se Yi. Thank you for treating my wounds." she sighed and gave in.

"Bye."

Lay smiled. "Bye."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

"Go somewhere?" Yoojun asked.

"Mm. I think it will be nice to go and take the kids somewhere oppa. I want to take Lay and Sung Gyu with us too, since they're Se Yi and Jinhee's friends."

Yoojun smiled. "I guess we can do that once in a while." he ruffled Se Mi's hair. "Set the date then. I'll contact those two. Let's do it as a surprise for Jin and Yinnie."

"Okay then."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

Dad and Mom told us that this weekend, we'll go on a family trip. I was very excited on what will happen today since it's our first trip together as a family, as a real family. A smile form on my face as I look on a familiar view outside. Wait. Familiar view?

"Uh, Dad? Why are we heading to Sung Gyu oppa's house?" I asked.

"You'll see." he smiled and continued driving.

"Oh? Yinnie! Oppa's there!" Unnie said.

And she's right. Oppa's there, waiting for us to arrive. Dad left his seat after parking the car and walked to him. Oppa bowed and they talked for a short while then Dad opened the door for him.

"Hello." he said to greet all of us.

"Hello oppa!" "Hello Sung Gyu." Mom and Unnie replied in unison. I didn't say a thing because I'm shocked that he's coming with us. I didn't anticipate this situation.

"Oppa! Here seat beside Yinnie!"

"Unnie!" she chuckled and moved at the back seat behind us.

"Uh, I don't think she would like that."

"Oh come on punk. Seat already so we can leave." Dad added.

He laughs and shakes his head then sat beside me. I eyed unnie a bad look and she winks at me.

"Okay, now for the other one." Mom said.

"There's somebody else going with us?" I asked.

"Yes dear. Oh? There he is!"

He? So it's another boy? Wait. No.. Please tell me that it's not who I think it is...

"Y..Yixing oppa?" Unnie stutter in surprise.

"Hello Se Mi-ssi. Ahjussi."

"Hello, get in Lay." Mom replied and he did as he was told.

"Um.. Why are they here?" I asked.

Mom giggled and looked at us. "I thought they at least come with us. I want to know them better since they are your friends."

"They are not our only friends Mom.."

"Well, they are the only ones I know Se Yi."

I sighed in defeat. I should've introduced Woohyun and Dong Woo oppa to her too.

"You don't want me here?" Sung Gyu oppa asked.

"N..No! It's not that.. I'm just saying.." he laughs and ruffled my hair.

"That's great then. I thought you don't want me here."

Why would I not want him here? He's my friend after all. I'm too confused right now. I don't know what I want and don't want. I just have to set my limits so that I won't fall for him even more. I'll just hurt him if I do.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Jinhee

"Oh my goodness unnie, what did you put in your luggage?" I chuckled as Se Yi and I carry my luggage.

"Well, I'm learning to be a fashion designer. I should be able to dress well at least." she rolled her eyes and growled.

"Well, I would appreciate if you would at least separate them."

I laughed at her cuteness. I love it when she's irritated. "I'll do that."

We both flinch in surprise and looked at Lay oppa as he took the luggage from us. "Se Mi-ssi asked me to call you Se Yi. I think she has something to ask of you."

"Oh, okay then. See you later unnie!"

"Huh? Wait! Se Yi!" I called but she didn't turn back. Great now I'm alone with him. "Uggh..."

"What the hell Jinhee. Did you bring your whole closet in here?"

"No one asked you to carry it." I grabbed the luggage from him but he grabs it back.

"I want to carry it for you and I need no one to ask it from Me." he said then walks ahead of me bringing my luggage.

I was left dumb founded with what he just said just now. Does he care about me? Oh Jinhee please. Who are you kidding? He only cares about Se Yi. I rolled my eyes and catch up to him. I opened the door to the room and he sets my luggage down.

"Thanks. You can go no-"

"So you're kicking me out now? What happened to you? You don't want to be with me anymore?"

I scoffed. "What are you saying? I just know my place okay? I don't want myself to keep hoping."

He studies my face as I avoid his look. "Hoping for what?" he asks.

"N..Nothing. Just go oppa. Thanks for helping me."

"I'm asking you Jinhee. You know me. I won't stop until I get what I wanted to know."

"I am certain that you know what I'm talking about."

"The reason why I'm asking is because I do not want to predict that what I am thinking right now is the reason. I want it to come from you personally."

"You should because what you are thinking is right."

"How do you know? We have different brains."

Okay. Now he shut me up. He got a point. How do I know that we're thinking about the same thing? But I just feel that we're thinking about the same thing.

"Alright. What I meant by what I said is that I don't want myself to be hoping that you'll want somebody else rather than Yinnie."

"You dare to think that? I'm letting her go now Jinhee." I froze. Am I dreaming? I am right? The Zhang Yixing that I know will now speak of these things.

"What?" he asks.

"Are you alright? Or rather, what the hell happened to you?" he laughs.

"Am I really that surprising?"

"Hell yes."

"Well you heard me right Jinhee. I'm letting her go. I want her to be happy and for that to happen, she needs Sung Gyu by her side. I'm not shutting her out. And if ever she needs my help, I'll be there for her no matter what."

I smile but did not say anything back. I'm proud and happy for him. I'm not being selfish. I'm just happy that he finally learned how to let go.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

"I can go on my own Mom."

"No. I won't allow you. Take Sung Gyu with you. That's okay with you right dear?"

"Yes." Sung Gyu oppa replied.

"But-"

"No buts okay? Now go."

I sighed in defeat and headed out. I can't understand why she asks me to buy things when she doesn't want me to go alone. Ugh.. Mothers. I can't understand them.

"Let's just take the bus."

"But Dad said that we can take the car.."

"And let you seat alone at the passenger seat? I won't let that, unless you want to be alone. Do you want to?" he asks.

"It's not that..."

"Then let's take the bus okay?"

I smiled and nodded. He always thinks about me. Wait. No Shin Se Yi. No falling for Kim Sung Gyu okay?

"What are you thinking Shin Se Yi?"

"Huh? O..Oh.. Just random things.." he chuckles.

"Like Kevin does huh?" My face fell. Kevin.. He always dozes off and thinks about random things then asks us questions like 'Why is the sun round?' or 'Do you think mermaids really exists?' I smiled at the thought.

"Oppa."

"Yeah?"

"Do you think one day, stars will stop blinking and die someday?"

He laughs. "You're asking me a Kevin question right now."

"Yeah. I'm asking a Kevin question."

"Well, stars do die but after a long time. No one knows when. They say that each person have their own star you know?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"But how do I know which star is mine?" he smiles.

"That's easy." he said and looks up at the sky. "See those stars?"

"Mm." I mumbled.

"The star that is blinking the most in your eyes is your star."

"Oh! There's one up there!"

"Mhm. I see mine too." I chuckled.

"Let's point our stars oppa. When I count to three, let's do it together."

"Okay then."

"One, two, three!" we stretched out our arms and pointed at the same star. "Oh?"

"Guess we have the same star then?" I nodded.

"Let's name it!"

"Okay then." he hums while deciding for the name. "Kevin."

"Kevin?"

"Yeah. Kevin."

I smiled. "I like it. Kevin."

I like the name. You're watching over us right Kevin? You are our very own star.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I opened the door to our house and removed my shoes.

"I'm back." I said as I approach the kitchen but no one answered. I walked inside and placed my bag down.

"Dad? I'm back. Where are you? I've got you a gift!" I said. It's Dad's 35th birthday. It might not be as fun as last year because Mom's not here any longer, but Jinhee unnie and I will make it extra special for him.

"Dad!" I exclaimed and smile seeing Dad's presence. "Happy Birthday Daddy! I got you a g-"

"You filthy little kid."

"W..What? D..Daddy? What are you-" he traps me to the wall and looks at me coldly.

"Don't call me that. We aren't related!"

"W..What are you talking about Daddy? I'm your daughter-"

"YOU ARE NOT MY DAUGHTER!!" He exclaims and grabbed my neck.

"D..Daddy... I..I can't bre...athe.." I struggled as he continues to grab my neck tightly.

"D..Dad! What are you doing?!!" Unnie exclaimed and shoved him off me.

"Ugghh..." I fell on the floor as I struggle for air.

"Ah!"  I gasped for breath. "It's..only a dream?" I muttered and get off the bed.

I headed to the kitchen to get myself some water but my hand kept on shaking. "Stop shaking..." I held grip of my hand "Why won't you stop shaking?! Oh?"

The cup fell on the floor and I crouched to pick them up. "Se Yi?"

Sung Gyu

After dinner, everybody went to their respective rooms to get some rest, but I didn't. I can't seem to fall asleep so I headed to the balcony to watch the stars. Kevin specifically. I smiled as Kevin continues to twinkle while I look at it. You're watching over us right buddy? Just then, a sound of a falling cup surprised me. I stood up to check on it.

"Se Yi?" she didn't reply. I noticed that her hands were shaking. "What's wrong?"

"I...I had a nightmare..." she mumbled, still shaking in fear. She doesn't have to tell me what it is about anymore. I already know what it is. It's that bastard again. I hate it when she's like this. I walked closer and hugged her.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you."


Back, back back back~ Hahaha!! I'm back!! XDD Did you guys enjoy this chapter? Sorry for not updating more pften... I'm trying to update at least once a week for you guys XDD I hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave your comments and subscribe!! ^^ I love you all and always keep safe!! <3

-ninakim-428_inspirit <3 <3