Title, titles, what's in a title?

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

"I’m Yuri," I say, pointing to myself.

"Nice to meet you, too," she tells me.

I smile, nodding. I can tell this will be hard for her to remember all our names and put faces to them, I see it cross her face as she thinks.

"If I may say something," she says, blushing now and looking down at the table, she reminds me of TaeYang-shii when we were on our blind date, "I’m terrible with names. It’s going to take some time to get to remember each of you."

Again we giggle but nod.

"We understand," Tiffany says.

She sighs, shaking her head.

"Do it this way, then," Seohyun says, "if this will help."

"I’ll try, okay," the American tells her.

I can tell Missy likes our youngest sister, just from the way she talks to her.

Seohyun points to the one across from her, "she’s leader, Taeyeon."

I see her looking Kid Leader over carefully, trying to remember her face for the future.

She nods. Seohyun then points to the one sitting next to the American.

"That second oldest, Jessica."

Again the girl does the same to Sica, carefully looking her over for future reference.

Seohyun then points to the one next to the other side of the American.

"Sunny."

"I’m the one in charge of aegyo," Sunny says, smiling cutely.

I hear the American laugh once again, us rolling our eyes at Sunny.

"I’m also Korean-American," Sunny says, "I’m from L.A."

Seohyun then points next to the girl on Sunny’s right.

"Hyoyeon," she says, smiling.

This goes on with the others as well. Missy trying to remember all our faces carefully.

"I was wondering," I ask now, "what are you doing here?"

I see her gulp full of burger down that the cook brought her. She’s respectful even when eating, I’m amazed. I also see her contemplating something else, too.

"I’ve always liked your culture," she tells us, "and to be honest, I always thought that I didn’t belong in the states. It was if my soul was longing to be somewhere else, like it was restless, I just didn’t know where it wanted me to go, til I came here."

I see the other girls smile, liking her answer, me doing the same.

I wonder what’s really going on in that mind of hers, I think, cause I can see conflict as she just sits here with us, interacting. There’s more to her story, too, and hopefully we can get her to open up more to us.

"We better go," Kid Leader says, getting up after putting her phone in her pocket of her hoodie, "we enjoyed the company, too. It’s nice to meet someone who knows who we are and not freak out."

"I told you," Missy says, after swallowing again, "your identity is safe when you come here."

We smile, bowing to her. She stands and does the same back. We then leave with full stomachs.

Honestly, I think again, I really want to know what’s bothering that poor girl. I mean, it’s like she wants to trust people, but I can tell she’s been hurt over and over again. It’ll be hard, of course, but I’ll make it my personal mission to make sure that girl is taken care of by us, this I promise the girl silently.