Taeyang

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

I look back at YG, seeing him smile again and lets her hand go. He then looks at me and I’m frozen to the spot. His smiles never falters, seeing approval just like everyone else, and he nods. His attention then goes back to her, who’s still standing.

"How old are you?" he asks.

I continue to watch her closely, feeling YG-ssi’s eyes on me as he assesses me. We all look at the youngest as she does and slightly shakes her head at him. I see him snap his jaw shut, letting her speak herself.

"I’m twenty-one, sir," she says, looking back at YG-shii.

My eyes get big. No one’s called him that in years, well, except for the new trainees.

"Ahh," he says, smiling again and looks right at me as he adds, "young, beautiful and respectful."

His eyes go back to her.

"That’s how my mom raised me, sir," she says, her smile never faltering.

He laughs now, a genuine laugh, nodding.

"She raised you right, then," he says, "well, I must be going, I only wanted to meet the newest addition to my family."

Once again I tense as she stands rooted to the spot, mouth hanging open. She then snaps it close as I look at her, fear still evident in my eyes.

"Okay," she says, scratching her head, "what did that mean?"

I relax, seeing her still at ease with us. We then all chuckle, shaking our heads as well.

"He approves of you," Dong Wook says, eyeing the girl again with admiration, "as we all do."

I look at her as she looks at me. I’m smiling again and this makes her sit again. She interlaces our fingers and looks up at Teddy. I look as well, seeing him assessing us again. He smirks now.

"What about him?" Ji asks.

It gets quiet and I feel Missa tense. We know what he’s asking about. I look at her, her face is pale and void of all emotions. She looks at me and I see all the thoughts and emotions in them there. She then snaps her head to Ji, who flinches from her a little.

That’s new. Ji’s never flinched from a look, but I take it she glared at him.

"We’ll deal with that another day," Dong Wook says, eyeing her and getting up, "we all need to rest, especially her."

He points to her and I look at her again. is hanging open again. I also see what he means. She has dark circles under her eyes, she really hasn’t slept good in awhile, I now realize. Again I mentally kick myself for not noticing. Then again I’ve been memorized by her eyes.

I look back at Hyung, he smiles knowingly at her. He then walks to the door, waving goodbye. Teddy and Tablo wave as well, then leave. She looks at us, mouth closed again. We watch her closely now.

"Uh," she stutters, "what he said?"

We chuckle at this. I didn’t know the tension was high until it broke at her words, Ji standing up. We follow him.

He says, nodding, "goodnight."

"Goodnight," she says, smiling.

I watch him go back down the hallway as Hyung and Daesung give her a hug. They tell her goodnight, leaving as well. Brat does the same and places a kiss on her forehead, making me glare at him. She smiles at him, then he turns and takes off running.

Note to self, smack him.

"He reminds me of my younger brother," she tells me, reading me again, "so don’t worry, that’s all I see him as."