Gave up on title (for now)

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

She pulls her bottom lip between her teeth, then shakes her head, clearing her thoughts. I see her smile return as she looks around herself again. I mentally jump up and down, this girl is trying to forget something, or is running from something, I can’t tell for sure yet, but she‘s happy where she is. I see her walk over to us, balancing the tray with our drinks with experience. We’re all amazed that she remembers who ordered what, not many people do, but we don’t think about anything else.

"Ready?" she asks, quickly getting her pad out from her apron.

She pulls a pen from her ponytail, then starts to write down our order. She’s quick, I’ll give her that, too. I smile to myself, I’m going to try to get this girl under our wing, get her into our styling team if I can. I look over a Kid Leader, seeing the same thing in her eyes. She nods slightly, I do it back. We’ve been searching for a new stylist after the last one quit on us in the middle of promotions and have been trying to find a replacement.

We watch the American nod then take the menus, walking over to the window. She talks, or tells, the cook our orders. He nods to her, smiling at her kindly. I tilt my head to the side, thinking.

"Unnie, what are you thinking?" Yoona asks, leaning over to me.

"Just that," I say, continuing to watch the American, "that girl could use our help," I look at the younger girl, smiling and saying, "and we can use hers."

She smiles, nodding. Her eyes go to the front door as it opens. We all look as this little girl come zooming in and throw herself at the American. The older of the two laughs, picking her up. We then see the American help the older gentleman out of his jacket, him grunting.

We hear them talking, but it’s quiet. I look back at Kid Leader, her whole focus on the American and how she interacts with her elders. Her eyes slide to me, that knowing smile on her lips again. I smile again, knowing what she’s thinking. Both our eyes go back to the two behind the counter, just in time to see the American roll her eyes playfully then help the gentleman with his apron.

She looks up at us, blushing slightly, then looks away. We then lean into a circle.

"I like her," Seohyun says, giggling.

"I agree with Maknae," Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Fany, and Sica say at once.

The rest of us nod in agreement. I then see Maknae look back at the American girl, smiling shyly. I smile at the small gesture of the youngest, turning to see the American smile back and nod.

"Order up!" we hear from the kitchen.

We hear her laugh again, it’s youthful, too. She grabs the plates, bringing them over to us and placing the plates in front of the owner. We’re amazed again, of course, but we’re too hungry to think about anything else as we dig in. We each got something different, wanting to try each other’s food, like always. The American fills our glasses then walks back to the counter.