Taeyang

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

"So we got some for him when he comes over," Hyung adds in, wiping his eyes again.

"You two quit," Noona says, to her she puts in, "I thought it’d be easier for you, too."

I see Missa smile her thanks and takes a small bite of the Kimchi Fried Rice. I smile inwardly as I watch her chew slowly.

This must be how she tastes new things.

I see her eyes get big and all three of us prepare ourselves in case she doesn’t like it as she swallows. I hold my breath.

"This is good," she says, pointing to the food.

I exhale. I smile again, looking at Noona. Hyung shakes his head, smiling, while Noona beams with the compliment.

"It’s Kimchi Fried Rice," Hyung says, "but my wife adds some things to her cooking, like spices, to give it more flavor."

She nods again, eating some more. I continue to watch her, between myself taking bites, of course. I see her eye the Jjol-myeon carefully. Again I hold my breath, not many people like spicy foods. I, for one, love it. I see Missa take a small bite, chewing slowly again. I also see the approval on her face.

"Like?" I ask quietly.

She jumps and I mentally kick myself again.

"Would you please stop doing that?" she asks me, her hand over her heart.

I can’t help it, I chuckle.

"I’m sorry," I say quietly, hoping she will forgive me.

"And yes," she says, just as quietly, then to Noona, "it’s got a nice bite to it."

Noona beams again, I inwardly smile.

"Someone who enjoys her food, I see," Noona says, eyeing me from the corner of her eye.

"It’s call Jjol-myeon," Hyung says, "it’s got noodles mixed with fresh vegetables. Again my wife adds new things to it, making it her own."

She nods, taking another little bite. I continue to watch her as she finishes that, then eyes the next thing. She gulps then takes a little on her fork and eats it. I also watch how she uses the fork, too. It’s completely different than how I use it, she holds it with the curve up, instead of down like I do. I see her look up, swallowing with some trouble. It’s the octopus, that’s for sure.

"That’ll take some getting used to," Hyung says, pointing at what she just ate.

"What it is?" she asks, poking the octopus with her fork now.

"It’s Nakji Bokkeumbap," I say, smiling, "Stir-fried Octopus."

She nods again, eating another little bite. I see her swallow with ease this time and also that she’s starting to like it more. Again I smile inwardly. She looks up at me and then back down again, blushing once more. I smile again, this time for everyone to see.

I finish eating, leaning back in the chair, hands on my stomach. Missa is still eating what’s left on her plate and I don’t rush her. I like watching her eat.

"So tell us," Hyung says, putting his chop sticks down and wiping his mouth with his napkin, "what kind of music do you listen to."

I glare at the older male. He smirks at me. I was going to ask that and he knows.

"I like to keep my mind open to new things," she says, putting her fork down and wiping her own mouth, "especially when it comes to music."

I lean back further in the chair, eyeing the older male across from her. He looks at me again, smirking once more. Noona watches us two, rolling her eyes.