Me

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

I continue to eat, as Taeyang, or should I call him Youngbae, leans back into his chair, hands on his stomach. His fingers are interlaced together and I see a contented smile on his lips. I’m seeing all this from the corner of my eye, of course. He looks over at me, now, so I look at my plate.

"So tell us." Sean says, putting his chop sticks down and wiping his mouth, "what kind of music do you listen to?"

I look at Taeyang glaring at his elder. Also see something cross his mind.

"I like to keep my mind open to new things," I say, putting my fork down and wiping my own mouth, "especially when it comes to music."

Music is my life and I have a ton of it on my laptop back home. I look down as a thought comes to mind.

What if he’s taken everything of mine?

I look up to see Sean smirking at Taeyang, Youngbae, I also see Hye-young roll her eyes at the two men.

I really need to ask what I’m allowed to call him. If he wants to be called by his stage name or his birth name.

"Okay," Sean says, folding his hands on the table and leaning forward, "what types of music?"

I smile, look the man in the eye and say, "I mainly listen to R&B, Soul, Hip Hop, and Pop. I also listen to some Country as well as Rock."

I see Taeyang shake his head out of the corner of my eye, knowing he mainly sings R&B and Soul, but Hip Hop/ Pop when he’s with the group, so I know I just pleased him with my answer.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

"Anybody you listen to more than others?" Sean asks, again eyeing the one next to me.

I now know what he’s trying to do. I smile inwardly. Yes I listen to BigBang, as well as Taeyang as a solo artist, but I’m going to see how far I can go without saying it first. I smirk, now, at Sean.

"I listen to everybody equally," I say, putting my own hands on the table, "but since I’ve been here, my boss asks me what’s new to listen to for his daughter. I have several Korean-American friends, as well as Chinese-American, so I usually ask them what’s new to listen to for my boss."

Hye-young smirks at me, she’s caught on to what her husband is up to.

"Oh?" Sean asks, "what do they say then?"

I smirk at Taeyang now, I know this is killing him, too. He wants to know, I see it in his eyes as well as his body language. I’m not a tease, mind you, I just like playing along with everyone.

That’s called being a tease, that voice says, laughing.

"One says that I should listen to Super Junior or TVXQ, but also SNSD and SHINee," I say, Sean‘s and Taeyang‘s eye get big at this, that‘s why I said it first and add, "the other says BigBang, 2NE1, G-Dragon as a solo artist and some others."

I hear the gasp even though he covered it up and inwardly laugh.

"Okay," Sean says, "who do you like most of the guy groups?"

"It’s hard to pick," I say, smirking once more and shrugging, "but if I have to choose, then it’d be BigBang."

"And may I ask why?" Sean asks.

"More my style of music," I say, leaning back in my chair now.

"What about the female groups?" Hye-young asks.

"2NE1," I reply, "but I like some songs from SNSD."