Taeyang

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

"When did this happen?" I ask her, cursing my English again.

I see her smile, but it disappears as I see her face darken with her memories. She gulps again, and I want to just pull her to me, help her forget those memories, but I force myself to stay put. She’s trusted me so far, I don’t want to lose that trust by carelessness. As I watch, her eyes downcast, I give her hands a gentle squeeze. She looks at me again. I see her strength gather as she looks into my eyes.

"He did this," she whispers, looking down again at the scars, "he had tied me to a bed for almost two years."

My mind is reeling at this as I hear Noona gasp, see Hyung rigid as well. I’m just frozen to the spot, too. I look down at my hands and realize that they’re making comforting circles on her hands. She’s got small hands, too, and smile. I then see the scars myself again and trace these gently.

I look up at the same time she does, seeing all her emotions and I’m sure she sees mine, too. I see her try to smile but it falters. She looks down, blinking furiously. She must hate to cry, I realize, making my heart drop a little. I realize something else about this woman sitting in front of me.

She’s independent, she’s never relied on anyone before, and this is new to her. I have my family, brothers, and extended family to rely on, so it’s easy for me to show my emotions, but Missa, it’s hard. I see Noona then sit on the couch next to her. I move over to be completely in front of her now, as Noona wraps her arms around the woman. I see Missa’s eyes close at this small gesture, knowing that it’s been awhile to have a mother show this kind of emotion towards her.

I look at Hyung, him at me. We both nod at the same thought. She’ll get to have all the support from us all, whether she asks for it or not. It’s then that I can’t sit still any longer, getting up slowly so I don’t spook her. I start to pace, thinking hard about how to tell YG-ssi about this woman and the person after her.

That’s when my phone goes off, stopping me. I look down, then pat my pockets, trying to find the stupid thing. I get it out of my back pocket, opening the text. It’s from Yuri.

Was wondering if everything is k. Also I’ve talked 2 the girls, they agree tht she needs to stay w/you, as well as the others. It’s safer this way. I’ll stay in contact, of course, & help out all I can w/her, promise. Just let me kno if & when u want me take her & spend some time w/her. She’s urs after all & I’ll ask anytime I want 2 spend time w/her.

I smile, quickly texting back,

Everything’s fine. @ Sean-hyung’s house w/her. & ur right, she’s safer w/us men, no offense, of course, but I dnt kno wht tht guy is capable of. I wnt put any of u in harm’s way 2 protect her. Also I’ll let u kno when u can have her LOL.