Back to my Point of View

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

I sigh, I just watched the last of the ‘Hello Baby’ episodes. I lean back in the chair, hands on my stomach, thinking, when it growls, I laugh and get up. I put my shoes on, then head out again. I put my headphones in again, this time using my cell phone as my MP3 Player, watching where I’m going now. I don’t want to run into someone again like last time.

I turn a corner, walking back to Ben’s place. I smile as I look in the windows, seeing several customers there already and shake my head. It’s not packed, mind you, but it’s still pretty busy. I walk in as Ben looks up and walk over to him.

"Want some help?"

"No," he says, smiling, "I gave you the rest of the day off, remember?"

I groan, looking around. I then spot four new people in here. I know the regulars, trust me, and these four I’ve never seen before. They turn and I get the shock of my life, it’s Taeyang, G-Dragon, Teddy, and Se7en. They look at each other, then back at me. I smile, bowing my head. They do it back, then I turn back to Ben, the four men watching intently.

"Are you sure? Cause I can always help," I tease the owner.

He groans, "no, now stop asking me."

I laugh, "fine, fine. I’ll just get something to eat, then."

He smiles now, nodding.

"The usual?"

I nod, going to sit down at a table by the window. I look out of the corner of my eye, inwardly kicking myself. I happen to pick a table close to those four, all watching me. Ben brings me my Sweet Tea. I laugh, shaking my head.

"And you remember what I drink, how sweet," I continue to tease the older man.

He glares playfully.

"If I didn’t like you so much, Young Lady, I’d fire you."

I smirk after taking a drink and say, "even if you didn’t like me, you wouldn’t fire me."

He laughs now, his full belly laugh. He sits with me now.

"What time are you suppose to come in tomorrow," he asks, "cause I’ve forgotten."

I smile, sitting back and play with my straw.

"Noon."

He sighs, looking around himself.

"Go ahead and take tomorrow off then," he says, smiling at me again.

"But…" I start to say.

He holds up his hand, "no buts, Missy."

I pout, but nod.

"Fine, I guess."

I sigh dramatically, making him chuckle and shake his head. I laugh now.

"I guess I’ll take your advice, then," I say, looking down and still play with my straw.

"Which of my advice are you taking?" Ben asks.

"The one about getting out there and living my life," I say, shrugging, "you’re right. There’s more to life than just working, so I’m going to try to make the best of mine, but I ain’t guaranteeing anything."

My country accent comes out, making me pout and I sigh. I look down again, Ben gently takes my hand, giving it a little squeeze.

"You need to open your heart again," he says gently, "don’t let your past eat you alive. You’re still young, you know, and there is someone out there for you, you just have to keep looking."

The only person who knows about me being here, the real reason why I’m here, is Ben. I look up, eyes tearing up. I look down.