Like I said... I hate titles

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

He comes running in, worry on his face. He only takes a look, seeing a girl in my arms, blood on her hands, and helps me get her to the living room. He tells the kids to leave us, after I say hi to them, of course. I lay her gently on the couch, Noona going to the kitchen. She comes back with a bowl and a rag, attacking the girl’s hands gently. Noona looks her over carefully and we hear a gasp.

"Dear child," she says, making me jealous at her English, "how did this happen?"

Missa looks away, trying to not flinch. I don’t know what she’s talking about and am about to ask, when Noona takes her wrists. She turns them over again and we see the marks.

"It’s not what you think," Missa mumbles, removing her wrists gently from Noona’s.

Noona looks up at us men, then her eyes land on me and stay on me. I fidget a little. She stands up, motioning with her head to the kitchen.

"We’ll be right back, okay?" Noona says to her.

She looks up at me, pleading with her eyes. I kneel, I don‘t know why I‘m doing this, but I‘m not shy around her now. All I wanna do is protect her from the world as well as from whoever that guy is.

"We’re going in there," I tell her, pointing to the door to the kitchen, "if you yell, we’ll hear, promise."

She gulps but nods. I then stand up, following my elders. When we enter the kitchen, Noona empties the bowl. She refreshes the water, her back still to us. I look at Hyung, he shrugs. I look back at her back, her shoulders slumping now.

"Noona?" I ask, worry in my voice.

She turns slowly, then throws the rag next to the bowl. She looks up, tears in her eyes but anger on her face.

"That child was tortured," she says, her anger coming out more now.

Hyung and I feel our mouths drop.

"You’re sure?" Hyung asks, he looks from the door, then back.

I’m too dumbfounded to say anything still. Hyung’s eyes land on me now.

"Yes," she whispers, looking down, the tears finally coming, "I know those marks, but I wanted to see her reaction when I asked. It’s the same thing."

They then both look at me. I snap my mouth shut, Noona smiling at me now.

Uh oh, she knows, my mind says.

I look at Hyung, him with the same look. I groan, face-palming myself for the second time that night.

"I’ve been getting it from my brothers, as well as Teddy, Dong Wook, and Tablo," I tell the two, holding up my hands, "so please don’t start in on me, either."

Hyung laughs now, throwing his arm around my shoulders. Noona chuckles, shaking her head and wiping her eyes.

"All I’m going to say," Hyung says, "is it’s about damn time."

Noona glares playfully at her husband for his mouth, making me snicker at him. He nudges me a little.