Untitled

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

Taeyang then gently lays me on the couch, sitting me up. He stands up, as the woman comes back. I watch her with suspicion as I see a bowl in her hand. She kneels down in front of me, putting the bowl on the table next to me. I see it’s water and relax, somewhat anyways.

She then starts to clean my hands, being gentle of course. She then takes my hands after they’ve been cleaned, turning them over to look at my palms. I try to snatch them away, but her grasp is firm, holding them out, palms up. We all hear her gasp. She’s seen my scars and I cringe from the little sound.

"Dear child," she says, looking at me with genuine concern, "what happened?"

I look away, trying to not flinch again. The woman takes my wrists again. She turns them over again so the men can see them for their selves.

"It’s not what you think," I mumble, removing my wrists from her grasp now.

She doesn’t fight me either. I look down at my now clean hands, rubbing them together like I always do when I’m nervous. I look up through my bangs, seeing the woman look at the men. I look up completely, her eyes staying on Taeyang with an expression I can’t decipher. She then stands up and I see her motion with her head at the men.

"We’ll be right back, okay?" the woman says to me, again concern on her beautiful face.

I look up at Taeyang, pleading silently not to leave me alone in this strange house. I don’t know if he’s still following, either. Taeyang must see it in my plead, kneeling down and taking my hands in his. His hands are huge compared to mine, too.

"We’re going in there," he tells me, pointing to a door, "if you yell, we’ll hear, promise."

I gulp and nod. Then he stands, letting my hands go and taking the warmth with him as he follows the other two through the door. I continue to watch the door for another minute, trying to relax. I also see the two children poke their heads around the corner and I smile at them shyly. They smile shyly back, both giggling, then they shock me. Both run over and give me a hug and kiss, running off again. I smile now, knowing that they don’t see me as a threat.

Just listen to him, that voice says again, he’ll take care of us.

I’m scared though, I say to it, what if we were followed? I mean, I can’t put anyone in harm’s way again, not like last time anyways. Besides this couple has children and I’d die if anything should happen to the children.

He’s not going to get to you, it says quietly, Taeyang won’t let that happen and you know it.

These are the last thoughts, as sleep over takes me. I smile a little in my sleep, feeling my body relax completely. I then feel someone touch me and bolt up, looking around, terrified. I then look to my left, seeing Taeyang and relax. I then look at the woman, she smiles kindly at me, brushing my hair out of my face, behind my ear.

"What’s your name?" she asks gently.