Gave up on title (for now)

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

I see the girls all look at me, then they wave me over. One pats a chair they pulled up. I’m taken aback, this is the first time someone has shown interest in me and not trying to ask me to join some kind of company. I get up though, not wanting to be rude, and sit with them.

"What’s your name?" one asks in fluent English.

Again I’m taken aback.

"M-Missa," I stutter.

Some of the girls giggle, hands over their mouths.

"Nice to meet you Missa," the one who spoke to me in fluent English says, "I’m Jessica."

"Nice to meet you, too," I say, bowing my head.

"I’m Tiffany," the one sitting next to her says.

"Okay," I say, putting my hands up now, really confused, "so you two," I point to the two girls, "know fluent English. How, if I might ask."

They giggle.

"We like you," Tiffany says, nodding her head, "and I’m Korean-American. I was born and raised in San Francisco, California ."

"I’m like her," Jessica says, pointing to Tiffany, "I’m Korean-American. Also I’m from San Francisco."

"Ahh," I say, realizing it now, "and I didn’t mean to sound rude about that."

"No, it okay," another says, her English is accented, but understandable, "we… un-der-stand where you come from."

I smile. I’m at ease with these nine girls. I nod as well.

"And your English is good, too," I tell her.

She giggles.

"I’m Yuri," another says, pointing to herself.

"Nice to meet you, too," I tell her.

She smiles, nodding. I look around, trying to memorize the girls’ names as they introduce themselves, but I at names.

"If I may say something," I say, blushing now, "I’m terrible with names. It’s going to take some time to get to remember each of you."

Again the girls giggle but they nod.

"We understand," Jessica, no I think it’s Tiffany, says.

I sigh, shaking my head.

"Do it this way, then," one says quietly, I remember only her, she’s the youngest, Seohyun, "if this will help."

"I’ll try, okay," I tell her.

She points to the one across from her, "she’s leader, Taeyeon."

I look over to the older, is she older than me? Anyways, I look her over, taking in her features: long light brown hair, strong facial features, big brown eyes, she also has on a purple hoodie. I take it her favorite color is purple and not just from her hoodie, her sneakers are purple, too.

I nod, thinking I got her down. Seohyun then points to the one sitting next to me.

"That second oldest, Jessica."

I look at her: her hair is almost a blonde and also like her leader, has strong facial features, brown eyes, also I can tell her favorite color is pink. She has a pink hoodie, a pink phone cover, and her sneakers are pink, too.

Seohyun then points to the one on my other side.

"Sunny."

"I’m the one in charge of aegyo," Sunny says, smiling cutely.

I laugh, I know what that word is, it’s ’cute’ in English. She also speaks in fluent English as well.

Her hair is long and dark, almost black on top, then towards the bottom it lightens to brown. Her smile lights her face up, too.

"I’m also Korean-American," Sunny says, "I’m from L.A."

Seohyun then points next to the girl on Sunny’s right.

"Hyoyeon," she says, smiling.