Beginning (Yuri Point Of View)

My Life (Including Meeting SNSD)

"I’m hungry," our youngest, Seohyun, says.

"We all are," Fany says, rolling her eyes at me.

I shake my head, smiling, as the door to our dorm opens and the rest of our sisters come in.

"How’d it go?" I ask them, turning to them.

They were rehearsing for an upcoming program. They groan, flopping onto to the couch.

"Unnie," Maknae whines.

We all sigh, getting up and putting our shoes on.

"What are we in the mood for?" Sica asks.

"We haven’t had American in awhile," Yoona says thoughtfully.

"Sounds perfect," Kid Leader says, smiling.

We walk around, trying to find a secluded place. We find one just on the other side of the city, by the Han River. We smile to each other, it’s small, yes, but it’s American ran and it’s secluded. We walk into the building, seeing an American girl at the counter. She’s furiously writing something down, scratching her head in the process.

I smile, she’s trying to write in Korean, I know that look from Sica and Fany. I continue to watch the girl, she’s not that much younger than me by her body. It’s when she looks up, that her eyes say different. Her eyes show the years put on her quickly, I’d guess mentally, she’s at least thirty. I smile at the girl, the others doing the same. We see recognition going across her eyes, but she keeps her smile and bows, instantly her eyes become younger.

"Hello," she says.

We say it back. I notice Sica, Fany, and Sunny say it in English, the rest of us in Korean. The American must know our formalities cause we see that the word is recognized as well.

"If you don’t mind," Tiffany says, looking around, "we’d like to keep ourselves from being recognized."

"Don’t worry," the American says while smiling still, "you’re safe here. We don’t have many fans coming here. If we do, then this is where we seat the Idols. Enjoy."

She takes us to a table almost in the back, but where we can still see the door. I look around myself, I like this place. It’s small, yes, but cozy and warm feeling. Also the American girl makes sure that her customers are taken care of, as well as at home. I look at the American again, watching how she interacts with her other employees. Also she’s not as thin as us, but she does have muscles in her legs and arms, like she lifts a lot of weights. Her hair is to her back, it’s also a dark brown almost black. I can tell she wears contacts cause she keeps rubbing her eyes.

I look down at the menu the girl had put in front of me, seeing that it’s easy to read. It’s in English, but also Korean. Again I can’t help but smile, the owner must have taken a lot of consideration into putting this place up, not many foreigners do. I look up again, wanting to keep watching the girl, she‘s intriguing that‘s for sure. I see something come across her features and it’s dark.