29

MY JOB : HIS WIFE



"Su ra can you help me with this...?". Quickly i walk towards chanyeol before taking the little kid from him. confused, i look at him with questioning eyes.

chanyeol smiled "mianhe..One of our costumers asked me to look at her but she starts crying when her mom went off to the restroom.." he then sighed before wiping off the sweat on his forehead.

i nodded my head as i take the little kid in my arms, hushing it but it still keeps on crying "Baby don't cry.. your omma will come back.." i patted the kids head gently, but it keeps on sobbing making me to feel bad and sorry for her.

"sorry.. don't worry i'll take care of the counter..i'll go now" i nodded my head before chanyeol walks out towards the counter.

Hushing the kid as i wipe off the tears on her cheeks.. a familiar voice were heard from my side. i turn my head and saw kyungsoo looking at the little girl "Is this girl your daughter or dongsaeng..?" he asked.

i shook my head "ani..it's one of the costumers child.. her mother is now at the restroom. don't worry i'll try my best to make her stop cry-"

but before i could finish my sentence. kyungsoo took the little kid, taking it into his arms. surprisingly, he managed to make the little girl stop from crying. gently, he patted the kid's back as he hummed some music making the kid to embrace him as it gets into sleep..

i look at my manager, shock and impress. kyungsoo then turned his head to face me as a grin were plastered on his face. "why?" he asked.

i was about to talk when a lady went towards our direction, taking the sleeping kid from kyungsoo's arms.. she was looking at us with apologetic smile on her face, she then bowed her head "chusuwamnida..it took me a long time in the restroom.." she said.

kyungsoo shook his head as he smile to the lady "oh, it's alright..one of our policies here is to take care of our costumers.." he said.

the lady then looked at me "Aigoo..you have such a great boyfriend miss..Thank you for the both of you taking care of my daughter." she said.

gasping as i wave my hands, "a-ani.. he's not my boyfriend..he's our manager"

the lady gasped before bowing her head for multiple times then apologizes to us, kyungsoo and i bowed back. "sorry.. i thought the two of you were in that kind of relationship when i saw you both from afar a while ago..Sorry." kyungsoo chuckled "no..no..no..it's fine.."

kyungsoo and i bowed our head together as the lady walks out from the convenience store. heaving out a silent sigh as i walk towards the counter..

"Su ra.." i heard my name being called by my manager making me to stop on walking. i turn around to look at him..

"About what i told you.." he paused as he let out a sigh "Please don't be awkward with me okay..? we can be friends right.." he said.

i chuckled as i nodded my head, i don't feel any awkwardness anyways. so nothing to worry about. Small things like this can't be a bother to our lives so having friends is much better than having people being awkward around.

"don't worry kyungsoo-shi..we're friends" i nodded to my own sentence .

"Ahhh...Can i join in too..?" kyungsoo and i turned our head on the same time as a derping tall figure greets the two of us.

Chanyeol were grinning as he look at us, kyungsoo and i exchanged glances before ending up with a chuckle, the two of us nodded "Ofcourse.." we said in unison. Chanyeol then rejoiced as his grin widened "Assa!!" he said.

Chanyeol then surprised kyungsoo by hugging him very tight as he jumps up and down. kyungsoo panicked from the sudden attack by chanyeol. the tall guy makes it difficult for kyungsoo to breath making me to burst out of laughter..

"Yah! yah! i can't breath!!" Kyungsoo whined as he slaps chanyeol's arm. chanyeol stopped from jumping as he let go of kyungsoo body "Omo! kwinchana..?" chanyeol said.

kyungsoo then regained his normal breathing again .. but from expected, the three of us ended up cracking.

i have new friends added to my friend list .. tehehehe ..

 


 

I was busy mopping the floor when the glass door opens, making the little bell to make a sound. quickly, bowed my head to greet the costumer "welcome to-" i stopped in mid sentence.

gasping as the mop im holding fell on the ground, "Baekhyun-ah!!! you're back!!!" i run towards him and was surprised to see a new bacon..oh! i mean a new baekhyun. "Waahhh~" i exclaimed as i look at him side to side.. "You dyed your hair.."

baekhyun nodded his head "hmm..how's it? like it?" he said..

i nodded my head as i patted his shoulder "it suits you well.." baekhyun and i were chuckling when a ranging squeal interrupts our reunion..

"Chanyeol-ah!!!"

"Baekhyun-ah!!!"

both of them exclaim while running towards each other, the two of them met in the middle of the convenience store as they greet each others body with a brotherly hug..? it's a brotherly hug...right?

"Aisshh...what took you so long to come back..??!!!" chanyeol hissed but his scolding expression were immediately exchanged by a playful grin. baekhyun slung his arm around chanyeol's shoulder as he make the two of them to face me..

"well...."

Chanyeol and i were too in to baekhyun's story .. even me myself, can't believe the reason why baekhyun needs to come home to their province. i thought he's having a family problem but actually by hearing baekhyun's story.. it's more like his problem..

i can't even believe fixed marriage still goes on in this kind of century. it's like a drama but seeing how serious baekhyun is .. it's hard for me not to believe him.

and even though he's a flirty bacon .. he still don't like to tell imaginary stories.. it's a bother for him..

"..And that's it. i'm engaged" baekhyun finishes his story as he wiggle his fingers infront of our faces, making us to see the engangement ring he's wearing.

"waahhh... is that real?" chanyeol took baekhyun's ring finger and was about to bite the ring when baekhyun smacked chanyeol's  head "aissh.." baekhyun 'tsk-ed'.

"..but i thought you don't want to get into marriage..since it's a bother for you..?" i asked..

Baekhyun nodded his head as he hummed "..but love sure have its way to make people feel bliss..don't know but look at me, i'm head over heels with her..funny i really don't want to marry her but by the time we're together, i started to have feelings for her and one day.. Baam!.."

"ohh~~I'm inlove~~~" baekhyun sang out, clasping his hands together.

i giggled from his action while chanyeol looked at him in utterly disgust .. chanyeol shivered "chivalry doesn't suit you..dude"

Baekhyun chuckled "and so as to you too.."

"oh, you're back.." we heard a male's voice .. the three of us turned our heads and saw our manager, Do Kyungsoo standing beside his office door. He closes the door as he plastered a smile on his face, baekhyun stood up before bowing his head "it's been a long time..can i still work here?"

without hesitating, kyungsoo nodded his head "..as long as you want" as simple as that baekhyun clasp his hands together again, looking so dumb while grinning like a crazy kid "aigoo..i still can't believe you're going to get married" i mumbled under my breath as i heave out a sigh.

kyungsoo clapped his hands for three times catching our attention "so i have some announcement to make" he said..

"..well, by now it's already almost 12 and i'm planning to close the convenience store by 12 in the afternoon." he looked at baekhyun "so baekhyun.. you'll start working by tomorrow.." baekhyun rasied his right hand as he nodded his head "..and that's it, you'll have a long rest for today. let's all just see tomorrow here in the morning, you guys can go home now" he added before waving a hand and walking back towards his office..

 


 

After cleaning up the convenience store .. locking the steel bars.. all of us bid goodbyes to each other. I wanted to have some time with my bestfriend, baekhyun. but he's busy know why..?

he's going to meet his fiance out for a date.. aigoo~ how i wish my xiumin and i could go out for a real date..

going back to reality, i shook my head out of the thoughts playing in my head. i was planning to go straight home, but on second thought i want to give my baozi a visit. Yeah i know he might be busy by now but god.. it's 12 in the afternoon .. he needs to eat something for lunch.

"Anneonghaseo is Kim minseok available by this moment?" The receptionist looked at me with maybe confused eyes.. eyeing from head to toe do i look a criminal?.

"by now he's in a meeting .." she said when she put her head up from the desktop infront of her, nodding my head "do you want me to-"

"-oh! ani .. it's not that important anyways.." i bowed my head to the receptionist before turning my body around. heaving out a heavy sigh as i look down on the food i bought for xiumin.

as expected ... he's a busy man.. i started to walk towards the door when i heard my name being called making me to stop. my lips curved upwards as i recognize the voice. the bliss rush in through my veins as i turn around but the grin on my face slowly faded when i notice a girl with him .. no.

a very beautiful lady beside him. she's beautiful that her face can be compared to a goddess.. her skin were so fare that she looked like a doll. her body you can compare it to a model's curve line. in short she's perfect.

look at me .. a girl in jeans with plain shirt and sneakers. simple right? looking to the girl beside him i started to think that i'm no match to every girl..

"Su ra?" i turn my head to the side and there i saw my manager, kyungsoo.

"what are you doing here..?" he asked. snapping out of my thoughts, i cleared my throat "o-oh!" i started "kyungsoo..what are you doing here..?" i asked

he 'tsk-ed' "i'm here to meet a friend he-"

"-oh! there he is.." kyungsoo then jogged towards the unknown guy, i turn around and saw kyungsoo talking with his friend.

i felt a hand on my shoulder, it turn my body around and there i saw xiumin's face close to mine "su ra..are you alright? you look pale" he said. my mind were still out of reality as i look at him..

"is she alright? should we go and get her to the hospital?" a girl's voice snapped me out of my blank mind. i blinked my eyes for a few times before nodding my head "ani..I'm fine" i said before forcing a smile. xiumin sighed as his face showed relief..

"what are you doing here? don't you have work..?" xiumin asked,..

i shook my head "ani..were on a half day today .. i wanted to give a visit and give you this" i said as i put the paper bag up to xiumin's face.

"eyyy..you should have called me but thanks anyways..wanna go and-"

xiumin's face turned shock as if he saw a ghost from my behind .. i notice the girl beside him have the same expression like him.. confused. i look back and saw kyungsoo standing behind me with a blank expression..

then i heard kyungsoo saying a name ..

 

"Yoo jung..."

 



Anneonghaseo :)

LOL .. look at there faces ..

are you guys ready for the upcoming drama .. neh~

anyways, here's another chapter update for you and as always.. excuse my errors.

Thanks for reading ..

SARANGHAE <3