Chapter 2

Love Is Confusing Me

 

The atmosphere at the coffee shop very quiet because not many people in here at the moment. The warm aroma of the coffee spreads around into the air, however, the gloomy mood totally filled up around me as I lower my head low, didn't dare to look in front of me who is sitting opposite me. He had dragged me here with a force and now we took the table in the corner of the shop next to the window. 

"So.." I hear his voice echoes and make me anxious all of the sudden. I know, sonner or later he will opens his mouth to talk about this. That's why I'm being quiet on my own chair. I bite my lower lip, still lower my head while playing with my fingers over my lap.

"My phone is broken what should I do?" Daehyun playfully asks, wanting to see my reaction. I'm not sure is he really mean it to tease me or what.

Inhale calmly, I eventually manage to lift my head up and gazing helplessly over him. He is eating a slice piece of cheesecake while having his eyes on me straightly.

My eyes automatically fall down at the dish. For a moment, I swallow down the saliva immediately.

To be honest I don't like cheesecake. The cheese makes me want to puke.. for real.

"I'm going to pay you back, just tell me how much should I have to pay for you" I state to him and run my gaze away, watching the people walk in and out the shop.

Another sigh, I want to go home as soon as possible. I don't want to get stuck with this guy nor meet with him again. It's just horror to me when I talk with this guy. His aura is odd and his vibes totally not good either.

I saw his lips turned into a smirk as he puts down the fork beside the plate which I gaze at him again. We're making eye contact for a few minutes then he lifts his index finger in front of my face and wave it.

"It's not easy as you think, I don't want your money at all" He bluntly exclaims to me. I frown at him, quite not understanding what is actually he means.

"Then, what do you want from me? " Finally I just give up and ask him straightly. There's no time to think for it and wondering myself or messing my brain. He instantly shows me his meaningful smile.

"Easy, just be my girlfriend." he simply declared as continue eating his cake again.

I speechless in my spot.

"What? No! " I protest to him. seriously, I want to cry right now.

"Really? then, give me your phone as replace to my broken phone." He shameless lets out his palm, wanting my phone.

I shake my head. This guy is really crazy.

"Why do you want my phone? I can buy you another one." I plead to him, hoping he will change his mind.

"Well, Kyungmi, my phone is expensive, are you sure want to buy a new one for me? Plus, if you really want to buy it, it a must to be the same phone like this, same design. I don't want anything else "He firmly points at his broken phone in front of me.

"Do you want to know how much is it?" He lifts up his eyebrows.

I cringe and gulp once, I don't have a lot of money. I'm not rich like him too.

I bite my lower lip hard, frustrating which awakening me that I've been trapped.

"Now you have two options, be my girlfriend or give me your phone?" He threatened me and at the same time he makes me going crazy. What kind of situation I'm having right now.

I instantly tiny my eyes over him, Why I must meet this guy? I mentally shout in my heart.

I remain silent, thinking about what the answer should I give to him. 

After a few minutes, I breathe out.

"Fine.. I will be your girlfriend" I mutter with complete a low voice, it mores sound like I have been forced and not come from my heart. Well, it really not coming from my heart, because-

If I give him my phone , I couldn't afford to buy a new one for me. So, this is my only way, perhaps .

I let out a heavy sigh this time and look away.

"Good, you make a right choice." He nods his head, unknowingly hiding his smile.

"Listen Kyungmi, you're not going to be my real girlfriend but be my fake girlfriend." He suddenly announced which I look at him back with gawk.

Seriously this guy, he wasn't eating his psychiatric medicine this morning or did his head hit something before coming here?

Also, I see my name keep on escaping from his mouth as if he likes to say it or he says it just because he wants to remember it?

"That's starting to be nonsense, How could you- No, Can you tell me, what's the reason you do this? and why ME??" I ask him as I press the word 'me' in anger. He seems planed this from the begining and I wonder, am I really his target?

"You don't need to know about that. It's not really important to you. just listen what am I going to tell you" He calmly states as glance at me once. 

His meal already finished. Believe me or not he just done eating two plates of cheesecake at one time.

Amazing. I admire him in silence.

"Aish! fine, do whatever you want. can I go home now?" I ask in an annoying voice and give up. He quickly shakes his head. Unfortunately, My shoulders slump down immediatelly and my hope drop to zero.

"I've not done yet. Please be respect to your boyfriend." He smirks again.

I hate him. I hate him. I really hate him. I'm cursing him in my heart.

I don't want to hate anyone but he seriously makes me which I hate him more.

"Correction, A fake girlfriend" I correct him. He just shrugs at my statement. Didn't take that as a serious one.

"You're rude you know, I will make the rules for you.. -waiter!" He raises his hand to call the waiter.

Wait? What?

"But..." I have argue to protest but pause when I see the waiter already approaching our table. 

"Yes?" 

"Can I have a paper and a pen?" Daehyun orders to him.

"Wait, I will give it to you in a minute." The waiter walks back to the counter to take the things that daehyun had asked to. Less than one minute he comes back again along a paper and a pen with him then give it to Daehyun.

"Thank you" Daehyun thanks while I bow a little to him. He respectly bows back then leaving us. I make a puzzle face in front of him. Daehyun just ignores me then start to write down on the paper that he received just now. 

I make a heavy sigh,

For a moment, I support my chin with my hands while looking him.

I wonder why he chose me? He's handsome, popular in our school, and a rich guy. Unlike me, who just an ordinary girl and don't have anything to be proud of. He's playboy either and I don't know how many girls that he had broke their heart. I think I'm going to be his next victim.

"Ah, I hate cheesecake!" I blurt out in anger. Actually I want to say "I Hate you" but end up being the cheesecake's word.

Daehyun raises up his head to face me.

"You out of the topic,Park Kyungmi" He says to me then he looks down back to the paper. I snort at him and roll my eyes up. yeah.. I hate this guy like I hate cheesecake.

After a few minutes, he done writing, not a few minutes but thirty minutes which he makes me feel like a crazy woman who just sit there without doing anything.

He pushes the paper in front of me.

How childish this guy is.

I slowly take that paper and start to read them. After that, My eyes become widen when I see the lists that he made for me. It's not make sense at all.

"Are you actually want me to be your girlfriend or your slave?" I grit my teeth as I glances at him almost in disbelieve.

"Both of them" He simply mutters then smirk again.

​​​​​