Chapter 18

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

We queue into the line together to buy us the ticket of the movie. I stand in silent beside Daehyun while my eyes roaming around me. There, in front of us standing a girl and boy side to side like us. Seem like they’re couple as well. They also wait to buy the ticket.

“Are they dating too?” I mumble while my eyes never leave on them. The girl is really beautiful and her body has a perfect shape, quite tall when she has that high heel on his feet but her dress is too tight for me, showing much of her skin.

The girl encircles her hand onto his boyfriend’s arm while putting her head on his shoulder. I make my lips into ‘O’ shape. Seem like I just learn something new.

The boy smiles and patting the girl head's in concern. They’re so sweet. How I wish I could do like that too.

Unknowingly, I mirror the girl action by hugging Daehyun’s arm too like the way she did. Daehyun clears his throat once which making me realize what just I did.

With a quick move, I release his arm, feeling embarrassed. Daehyun takes a step to the other side a little, making a tiny distance between us. He gives me a weird look.

“Creepy” he mutters.

I face palm, looking away immediately, unable to look at his face anymore. That’s too embarrassing.

 

......

 

We enter the cinema and start to find our seats based on the numbers was given. We silently take a seat then the movie start to play across the big screen in front of us. We are going to watch an action movie. It's my choice and he seems alright with it. 

I'm enjoying watching the movie while eating popcorn that we just brought it a while ago but when my hand reaches to take another one, I feel nothing. I quickly look down on my lap and my popcorn already gone.

I tilt my head to the side, taking a glance at Daehyun and found him who is the one took my popcorn without having any guilty at all. I take some breath. This bastard! 

“Ya Jung Daehyun! You-” I gasp, cutting down my desire to scold the male but my eyes accidentally go straight looking at beside his seat instead, I'm startled. I never expect that I would meet the same couple again and they took the seats beside Daehyun, but it’s not my main point right now. The main point is they are shamelessly MAKING OUT, kissing right in front of my face. I quickly look at the screen back, gulp down my saliva. I upright my body, don’t dare to turn my head over Daehyun’s direction.

“Why?” He asks, when he notices that I haven’t finished my words. He tilts his head to look at me, frowning.

“Yah, What’s wrong with you?” Daehyun once again asks me and his eyes never leave on my panic face. I break into a sweat. 

“Ugh..Nothing.” I simply murmur to him.

“Nothing?”

“Yeah, Nothing.”

“But you look pale”

“I’m not” I snort in silent, frustrating.

“Are you sure?”

“Really sure” I start to get annoying, when he keeps asking me here and there. L is right. He’s surely a talkative person and I hate it.

“Then, look at me” he demands me this time.

“I don’t want”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to!!” I nearly shout as glancing at him but then look in front of me again in speed of the light. A grunt escape from my lips.

‘Can they stop already?’ I mentally shout into my heart, frustration. Daehyun starts to get suspicious over my reaction. He looks beside him then blinking.

“Ah, that’s why you don’t want to look at me” he mutters, a small smirk appeared across his lips, turning to look at me again.

“Don’t talk!” I mutter to him, crossing my arms. 

“Oh, too bad, I love to talk... By the way, are you not going to do like her? She’s doing something with his boyfriend now.” He mocking says, Knowing that he is trying to remain me about the incident when I was trying to copy the girl who was hugging her boyfriend a while ago.

 “You know.. It's something interesting” He adds while whispering right into my ear, happily teasing me. I feel like wanting to faint right now.

“You’re insane” I reply him instead with my cheeks become red like a tomato. He just giggles on his seat before focusing back to the screen and throwing a few of popcorns into his mouth, amusing.

....

We dash out from the cinema room right after the movie end. I make a sigh to remain my breath.

“That’s a great movie!” Daehyun’s voice grabs my attention. I just roll my eyes. Believe it or not, I couldn’t focus at all when we were watching the movie earlier. Thanks for him for teasing me.

“Hi, you guys look cute together” A girl who I have an eye on her before suddenly talking with me. I’m startled and don’t know what to say. His boyfriend just gives a small smile to us.

“Thank you” Daehyun helps me to answer and return back his smile. I bite my bottom lip. I give them a few bows then quickly dragging Daehyun away, leaving the couple blinking in confusion.

“Yah, stop laughing at me. It’s not funny at all” I say under my breath, when Daehyun starts bursting into laughter. My hand still gripping his, leading him away.

His laugh slowly fades away, he stops walking and so do I am.

“Why?” I ask when he makes me stop all of sudden. Something has attracted his attention now. I release his hand then following his gaze.

“Let’s go there” He points and without even hearing my answer yet he already grabs my hand then lead me to the toy shop. We get into the shop.

“What are we doing here?” I frown but my feet keeps following Daehyun’s, who is walking around the shop. He don’t answer instead strolling to the teddy bears section that placed in the corner of the shop. He takes one of them then scan them in silence. I see a small smile form into his lips.

“I’ll buy this” he informs to me, his stare never leave from the teddy bear. For me, the teddy bear looks slightly weird but unique in my eyes.

“Seriously, buying a teddy bear? How old are you?” I'm mocking say to him then let out a soft laugh. He remains silent which make me stop laughing immediately. I stare into his eyes and found something in his eyes. I don’t know what is that called but he looks.. pretty sad.

“I miss her” He softly confesses. I’m puzzled. Her?

“Who?” I mentally slap my mouth when I accidentally asked him without thinking twice. I’m not supposed to mind his business but it’s not my fault either. He starts first while I’m just an innocent person who is getting curiuos. It‘s normal, right?

“Someone..” He lifts his head then giving me a soft smile “Someone.. who I really love” He adds then walk to the counter to pay the teddy bear. I’m speechless for a moment but ending up following him then.

‘You're such a mystery, Jung Daehyun’

......

 

After we left the shopping mall, Daehyun took me to the nearby park and like before riding the bike again. I wonder who is the owner of this bike because I want to thank him or her for borrowing us this but I don't think Youngjae borrows it. The boy is weird too sometimes.

Daehyun left his teddy bear to me for a moment because he wants to find something that can rib our thirst throats. I make a small sigh, sitting on one of the benches over there.

Suddenly my phone vibrates in my pocket, I quickly let them out to take a look. For a second time, I let a sigh again when I see my father’s name appear on my screen phone. I take such a long time before I press the button of ‘answer’ on my screen phone. I put them near my ear.

“Kyungmi..” A familiar voice can be heard through the other line, softly greeting my ear. I shut my eyes for a moment to take some strengths within me.

“Why?” I coldly ask him, as cold as ice to show him that I really hate him.

“Don’t you miss me?” He softly asks me. I try to hold my tears. Of course, I am. He is my father after all. He was supposed to be with me. 

“What do you want? I don’t have much time right now. If you don’t have anything important to say-”

“Can I borrow your money for a while. I promise, I’ll pay back to you.” He cuts my words as asking me for a money.

“That’s all? You call me only to ask me about the money?! Don't you know I am still a high school student? I ing have no money. Go to die, Old man. Don’t even call me again!!” I madly shout then hang up the phone immediately. That’s hurt me a lot.

My eyes already filled with my tears, just wait the time to drop down on my cheeks but I quickly look up into the sky, preventing my tears to burst out. I don’t want to cry. I fan my eyes a little then I’m back to normal again.

I let out a heavy sigh. Then stare at some people that walking pass by here, blankly.

 

A cold thing suddenly presses against my right cheek. I’m startled as quickly look to my right, having my hand touches my chest because of shock.

“Yah, you’re scaring me!” I exclaim then give a death glance at him. Daehyun smiles over my reaction, don't mad. he hands me a cold drink then take a seat beside me. I wipe the liquid away from my right cheek with my palm. ‘That’s cold, how dare he pressed that to my cheek’ I only mumble in my heart.

“What are you thinking about?” He concernedly asks me while drinking the Cola.

“Nothing” I simply answer, don’t even look at him instead playing with a can of Cola on my lap.

“Do you have fun today? Having a ‘fake date’ with me” He changes the subject. He seems like just reading my mind.

“Not really” I honestly reply him, pouting.

“So many things happened for this ‘fake date’” I add then rolling my eyes. He laughs.

“Let me guess, You were screaming when we were on the slope road, You held my arm just because you want to copy the girl and you saw them-”

“Okay, stop! Enough.. Aish!” I hiss. He laughs even more then stop when his phone starts to vibrate. He quickly answers the call then after having a short conversation, he quickly hangs up them. He looks at me, in slightly guilty.

“Can you go home alone, I can’t take you because Himchan Hyung wants to borrow my car. He said he wanted the car ‘As Soon As Possible!!’” He bluntly says and in the last words he mimics Himchan's deep voice. I giggle then quickly give him a quick nod. Don’t really mind.

“It’s okay, you can go. I’ll be fine” I give him a small smile. Daehyun jumps off the bench immediately.

“Ah, I forgot” Daehyun suddenly exclaims, slapping his forehead once. I look up, frowning.

“Why?” I concernedly ask him.

“My car still in the school and I have to return back this bicycle to the owner” He carefully tells me.

“Right!” I say in agreement. I grin to him.

“I think you better hurry up before Himchan Oppa get mad at you. Remember ‘As Soon As Possible!!’”  I remind him while mimicking the last words like he did before.

He lets out a loud grunt then turning on his heel before run as fast as he can toward the bicycle, Without even bid a goodbye for me. He quickly hops into the bike then start to ride them. I just shake my head. This is my first time to see him in childish side.

“Cute!” I honestly say, after sending a glance at him who is just disappearing from my sight. I let out a heavy sigh then looking up to the sky.

The sky almost turns into dark. I just realize that the time goes really fast without I notice it. I try to count how long I am being Jung Daehyun’s fake girlfriend and Honestly, I don’t know when this fake relationship will end. I hope, it would be as soon as possible cause my heart start to feel something when we are together lately.

I throw my gaze in front of me, I think I should get going now. I lazily stand up but something has dropped from my lap the moment I get up of the bench. I look down and there, I found Daehyun’s bear is lying down on the ground.

“Ah, he forgot his teddy bear” I mumble then bend down to take the poor bear. I pat around the thing to throw away the dust that getting on the fur, shaking my head. I lift the bear right in front of my face, narrowing my eyes.

“I wonder who is the girl that Daehyung was talking about earlier. he said he misses her and seems like she is someone special for him.” I mumble again, talking to a teddy bear.

“I will give this back to him” I say after realizing some of people already look at me weird, probably think that I’m out of my mind. I open the zip and carefully put his teddy bear in my bag. Before I leave the place, I grab the empty can of Cola That Daehyun just left on the bench then throwing them in the nearby trash bin.

“Sometimes he's such a troublesome” I say again, then start to walk to my house. It’s only taking about a few minutes to reach over there cause this park totally near my house.

........

 

After refreshing my entire body with a long shower. I lay my body on the bed while staring the ceiling above me. A smile automatically forming on my lips, remembering back the moment me and Daehyun speanding time together today. 

“What’s wrong with me?” I half screaming as my smile drop instantly.

“Wake up Kyungmi, wake upp” I softly slap my face, throwing away my thought. Then I rub both of my cheeks with my palm when I feel them heat up all of sudden.

I move my limb, laying on my side. My eye instantly lands on the teddy bear that I put on my pillow right after I reached my house.

“Aish” I hiss, responding to the sight of the bear of Jung Daehyun

I quickly make into sit position on the bed then reaching out toward my phone on the bedside table.

“Should I make a call to him?” I mumble while my thumb is running through my screen phone, doubting about what am I going to do. I look over the bear once more then decided to call him.

“It’s okay, I just want to tell him that he had left his teddy bear. Nothings else” I confidently convinced then start to search his number on my contact list. I take a breath for several times before pressing the button ‘call’ on my screen phone.

I patiently wait for him to pick up the phone. “Hello”

His husky voice greets my ear. Due to my reflex after  hearing his voice, I bounce on my bed when I notice that no word is coming from my mouth yet. I’m so dumb all of sudden.

“Yah, What’s wrong?” His voice echoes again through the phone.

“Ugh.. No-nothing” I become stammer.

“Then, Why you call me? Do you miss me?” he teases me.

“What?! What the hell. I’m not” I give him a quick response, then earning his deep laugh. For some reason I love to hear his laugh, so attractive.

“I'm expecting it the answer.” He states. I smile at his statement. I wonder What if I say I really miss him?

‘Hell, it’s not going to happen’

“What are you doing?” He asks, when I don’t say anything.

“I’m talking with you” I simply say. He laughs again. Can he stop laughing?

“What an innocent answer” He comments. I just roll my eyes. That is what am I doing right now.

“How about you?” I ask him this time.

“I’m talking with you too” he coppies my words.

“What a weird answer” I sarcastically say, mimicking him back.

“Haha funny. I'm lying on my bed right now. That’s what am I doing.” He says again, answering correctly.

“Oh” I don’t know what to say. I look to my side then gasp. “Ah, Daehyun-ah!”

“Why?” He softly response. I take the bear in my hand.

“You have left your stuff a while ago.” I states, remembering the point why am I calling him right now.

“What stuff?” he confusedly asks. Seems like he totally  forgot about the teddy bear that he just bought in the mall.

“Your teddy bear.” I reply while playing with the teddy bear ears, using my free hand.

“Oh, yeah” He admits it.

“Don’t worry, I will give back to you tomorrow” I say again as climb off the bed, throwing his teddy bear away on the bed.

“No. No. it’s okay, you can keep it them for me” he suddenly shouts on the other line. I frown on my spot.

“Oh. Are you sure Daehyun?” I ask him for a confirmation.

“Yeah, really sure. You don't have to worry” he calmly states. I glance at his teddy bear once again.

‘But ti's not my style’

“Okay. I will keep it and I will return back to you when our fake relation finally end.” I bitterly say. I don’t know why but I feel bad right after I mention it to him. However, I have to prepare myself because he might leave me sooner or later. I couldn’t predict the things that's going to happen in future.

There is silence on the other line. I bite my bottom lip, waiting for Daehyun to say something but he’s not. I press my lips into line, starting to panic.

‘Did I say something wrong?’ I whisper in my heart, worried.

I look down on the cold floor then notice a dim light penetrate through the window of my bolcony. The dim light attracting me as well, and immediately I stroll to the balcony. My phone still glue on my left ear. I stand on the balcony then looks at the view of the night in front of me.

“Oh! Oh! Oh!” Unknowingly, I exclaim in excitedly, jumping up and down.

“Why? Why? Why?” Daehyun’s voice echoes across the other line againafter hearing my loud voice, Seem like I just grab his attention back.

“There, there! I found the moon!! That’s really beautiful!” I explain to him. pointing over the moon’s direction even he can't see it.

“It’s so big, clear and beautiful..” I slowly mutter in awe. I rarely see this beautiful full moon right in front of me.

“How old are you? have you never seen the moon before? What a childish.” He scoffs at me. I ignore his comment because I’m too busy admiring the sight of the moon by myself. I don't need his nonsense complain.

On the other hand, Daehyun slowly climb off the bed when I become completely silent on the other line then walking down to the window. He moves the curtain a little, enough for him to take a look outside. He looks up and spot the full moon in the middle of the wide sky.

Unknowingly, a smile form into his lips as he unlocks the window of his balcony to walk out. He sits on the swing chair that placed in the corner of the balcony then looking up again, staring at the proud moon.

‘Hmm.. beautiful’ Daehyun thought in silence.

“Daehyun-ah” I call out his name all of sudden. My eyes never leave existence of the moon.

“Hmm?” His response. He doesn’t know why but he really can’t stop ok staring at the moon. There is like having some magnets on them, for his eyes to keep on. 

“I really want to know who is my future boyfriend...” I bluntly say then raise my hand up in the air, acting like wanting to touch the moon.

“You know, how I wish I could watch this full moon together with him, with someone who really loves me” I add in a low voice, sounding sad. I just want to be loved by someone.

‘What if after Daehyun leaves me and I’ll never have someone to love me in my entire life’

The thought suddenly haunt me and I begin to feel scared.

“Don’t worry, You will find out about him soon” he finally opens his mouth. A smile escapes from my lips.

“Yeah, I hope so” I reply him, feeling the wind keeps pushing my hair up and down.

“Hey, I wonder, is he watching the moon right now? The same moon that I’m watching tonight. I really hope he does the same like me, staring at the same moon although our place is different” I murmur beneath my breath with a small smile on my face.