Chapter 48

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

"Wow" that's the first word escaped from my lips upon I climb off the bus. My eyes quickly wander the tall building in front of me in amazement. I can tell my jaw obviously hang open while standing there like a statue. Well, I can't really describe myself at this moment for how stunned I am right now at the beautiful view upon me.

Haeundae, Busan.

Yeah, that's the place we are right now. Bluntly, I haven't even imagine this place would be as beautiful as like this. it's just out of my imagination. really. I'm totally wordless at the moment.

"Yah, close your mouth and go get your luggage​ quickly before the driver bus bring them along" Youngmi pokes my side, which surprising me a little. I tilt my head to her as she point her forefinger toward the boot of bus. it seems like the space inside almost empty and the driver bus is standing there, waiting for students to get their stuff out the boot.

I grin in embarrassment​ then instantly jog away in the direction. I qucikly pull out my luggage then bow at the driver bus once before approaching Youngmi again.

"How is it?" Youngmi asks when I already stand beside her.

"What?" I look at her confused. She point her finger at the hotel building in front of us, raising her eyebrow.

"Awesome!" I bluntly say. she instantly pulls a wide grin, "Thanks to me, I've forced you to come here" She cocky says while letting out a proud laugh which making me roll my eyes immediately.

"Yeah, yeah" I wave my hand to her. Youngmi chuckles.

"Okay, Attention please" One of our teachers suddenly interrupted us when she saw all the students already gather in front the hotel entrance​ as their planned before coming here. I and Youngmi run our gaze toward the teachers immediately and so do the rest of students.

Mrs. Kang who spoke just now, silently observing each of us before open again "Have you got your stuff already?"

"Yes" We all said in unison.

"Good" She smiles, then nod once in satisfactory​. The teachers know that they don't need to worry much about how to control their students on this trip because the fact that we're not a kid anymore and at this our aged, there's no way for us to cause the problem easily. We're sure know which one is good or not to do something. so, yeah, the teacher wouldn't have to watch us 24/7.

"Okay, everyone can get inside now, I'll get the key room for you guys" She declared, turning around and walking inside to the counter way, followed by the other teachers.

While waiting for the key, all the students including us just waiting to the lobby near the counter patiently. I silently observe around, still feeling amazed. but as my eyes travel around suddenly they land to someone's figure and apparently he's staring at me too. I'm a bit flinch but his gaze didn't take long on me when he shift his eyes through over my shoulder. I bite my lower lip, and slowly turn my head around to follow Myungsoo's gaze. 

The hot blood immediately rush all over my face when I see Daehyun's eye perfectly set on me. In my mind, I'm starting to wonder since when he's been observing me, as I remember, he was busy talking with Youngjae a while ago. Daehyun quickly averts his gaze away from me upon been caught by me. I frown then turn my head again in front and notice Myungsoo is talking with his friends back. I let out a sigh of relief which I don't know why.

For a moment, I see three of our teachers approaching our direction while holding several of keys. Actually, during the teacher given us a briefing, they had mentioned to us once that each room will be only for two students. So, of course, I'll choose Youngmi as my partner room because only her I have after her. Also, I can tell both Youngjae and Daehyun will be in one room since I didn't see that they will separate and choose the other as their partner. 

The teachers start to distribute the keys to us and I just give the job to Youngmi to keep the key instead and it seems I guess it right when I watch Youngjae takes the key for them. I secretly smile.

After done, everyone begin to walk in elevator direction almost impatiently except for four of us, who is still standing at the lobby place. It's not like we still want to stay here, it just by the look at how crowded students are over there make us decided to give them some space to use the elevator first.

"We will be in room number 304, 8th floor​" Youngmi infroms, while checking on the keychain in her hand. Before I could give any response, a voice interrupt from behind all of suden.

"Oh, really? your guys room just a few next to ours then" We speedily spin around and quickly to be greeted by grinning Youngjae who stuck his head between us. he steps aback a little.

"Oppa! you scared us!" Youngmi slaps his arm angrily. he laughs in amusing. bluntly, I want to get angry to him too but seeing Youngmi took a place first which make me just stay silent. Secretly I thanks Youngmi for that.

"Oh, where is Daehyun Oppa?" Youngmi asks upon noticing his brother alone and Daehyun no longer by his side. I also notice that but didn't dare to voice up.

"Ah, he is having a little talk with the teacher" Youngjae states with a bored look on his face while pointing behind him over his shoulder. We glance behind Youngjae, and seem like he is seriously talking with Mrs. kang. I silently wonder, why he meets her. is there something wrong.?

"He's just asking permission for visiting his grandma tomorrow, remember, I told you this is his hometown" Youngjae explains, rather to me. I flinch in my spot as my gaze automatic turn to Youngjae back. He tiny his eyes to me in teasing way. I start to panic. How did he know?

"Your frowning is too obvious, kyungmi" He laughs afterward, which making me flush into red immediately, got embarrassed​.

"You got me" I mumble, while rolling my eyes.

"Did I miss something interesting?" Youngmi interrupts us, frowning. she watches his brother who still laughing on his spot as if there have something funny he just saw.

Youngjae stops laughing then open his mouth to say something but I quickly cut off his intention right away "Nothing, Let's go to the elevator, it's empty already"

I impatiently drag Youngmi to the elevator as leave Youngjae behind. Youngmi on the other hand, could only blink in confused.

....

After we got into the room, I throw my body onto one of the bed in exhausted​ while Youngmi runs to the balcony. She unlocked the glass window before open it. The view of beach immediately greet her sight, making her feel fresh all of sudden. 

"Wahhh, We can see beach from here!" Youngmi squeal excitedly, while both of her hand holding railing. For a moment, she turns her head around looking inside of the room "Yah Kyungmi, you better come here and see this!" She shouts, The Haeundae beach beautifully stranded totally in front of their balcony and she secretly grateful to have this room instead.

I quickly groan in annoying, then wave my hand to her "later, I want to take a nap first!"

Youngmi scoffs "Tsk, you're not fun" She pouts, then turn back in front and choose to just ignore me. it's almost turn into late evening, her lip forming into a thin smile.

I lift a bit my head to peek in her direction then drop back down onto the pillow, "Is she not feeling tired or what?" I silently mumble under the pillow while closing my eyes. Just sitting on the bus for couple of hours earlier made my body completely tired. Soon, less than a minute, I unconscious eventually.

....

After almost of an hour, finally I woke up from my short nap. I rub my eye a bit then looking around me to find that our room completely empty. I mean, where is Youngmi? 

Shrug that off, I slowly climb off the bed when I notice I still in my clothes from this morning. I haven't take a bath yet as I walk to my untouched luggage beside the wall along with Youngmi's. I lazily get my stuff and clothes then stroll to the bathroom. 

For about thirty minutes, I step out from the bathroom while drying my hair with my small towel in my head. I click my tongue once when I still can't find Youngmi's figure.

"Seriously, where is she going? how dare she leave me alone!" I throw the wet towel on the bed then stroll to the balcony. For a moment, I stunned at the sight of the beach. They are really beautiful and pretty but I can't see clearly the beach since now already night and it's a bit dark with a dim of light that's not strong enough to see the beach. I shut my eyes for a minute, slowly float into the cozy wind that pass through me. 

Suddenly, my stomach grumble loudly as I instantly hold my tummy "Ah, I'm hungry"

I walk inside the room back then grab my phone on the bedside table. I have no option but call Youngmi. Aish this girl. Somehow she is troublesome!

I dial her number, and wait for a moment.

"Yah, Where are you going!? why are you not here? don't you know how hungry I am right now?!" I spit out right after she picked up the phone, didn't give her a slight change to speak or greet.

"Woah, calm down" She says after a few second, probably just pulling her phone away from her ear at my loud voice. I take some breath before open my mouth again.

"Where are you right now?" My voice become soften.

"My brother's room" she state. My eyes wide right away.

"What are you doing over there?!" 

"I was bored, and you slept. that's why I'm here" She simply say, from here I can tell she is pouting. suddenly, I feel bad. I make a small sigh then bite my lower lip.

"Wanna come?" She offer after earning nothing from me.

"No!" I quickly say in panic. Youngjae's room is mean Daehyun's room too.  hell no, I'll never go over there.

"Really? you told me you're hungry just now. we're having our dinner and I've ordered something for you either but seem like you won't come here. what can I do then, than eat them al-"

"Fine, I'll go" I hiss under my breath. I heard Youngmi chuckles from the other line in amusing which make me roll my eyes immediately. Afterward, she tell me the number room of her brother.

After making sure my appearance looking good, I immediately leave the room then make my way to their room. I knock the door twice and the door open as reveal the face of Daehyun instead. I speechless in my spot, don't know what to do. The awkward feeling suddenly rush over me.

Deahyun fakes a cough, "Come in" He mentions while open the door widely for me. I can see Youngmi and Youngjae is busy eating by their own. With her so-innocent face, Youngmi waves her hand to me when she notices my presence. This girl, I secretly grit my teeth.

If Daehyun is not here, I probably attack Youngmi right here, right now!

....

The next day,

According to our schedule​ today, we would go at some place in Busan. Now, the bus is heading at the last destination, the Busan town. After a few minutes, we reach over there. The teacher begins to give the opportunity for all of students to wander around the town about two hours before we go back to the hotel again.

Here, thee of us saunter around in joyful. Despite Daehyun didn't come with us for the rest of the day because he is visiting his grandma, it's still didn't bother us since we have been enjoy by ourselves. but for me, there still have a slight feeling of unhappy about he is not being here. However, I brush it off quickly instead use the chance to enjoy myself because I don't know whether I'll come here again or not.

bluntly, I almost got headache to the way Youngmi drags me here and there. Shop by shop she would visit and the most worse she keeps on buying every thing she saw even they are not that important though. Seriously, she just waste a lot of money while I only buy things that only distracted me. I also buy some presents for my mom.

Youngjae, on the other hand, keeps on capturing a picture around him. Sometime, he will shoot over us when there, have some moments we've created. I don't know he likes to take the photos that much and I can tell he seems have skill on it, like photography.

Finally, We go back to the Hotel. I slam my in the couch in our room then close my eye. Today such a tiring day and I think I'll straight go to bed after having my shower but my planned seem won't come real when Youngmi reminds me that tonight we will have some activities near the beach and I heard dinner will be something delicious. BBQ?

I make a sigh,"can we just stay here?"

"No,"Youngmi firmly states. I quickly grunt in dissatisfied.

"But I'm too tired" I complain along with whine, while my hand keeps on changing the channel on the television in bored state.

"Oh come on! it's going to be fun" She excitedly states, attempting to convince me.

"Fun for you, not me"I mutter through my grit teeth.

"Ok listen, if you don't want to do those activities, that's fine. but you can go there for the food.. No, let's just say, you come just to accompany me" She tries again. I remain silent and pretend like I didn't hear her. Youngmi begins to shake my shoulders when earning nothing from me. After shooting me hundred of aegyo finally I agree with her. To be honest, I didn't give in because of her aegyo but her effort of doing that stuff. Ha.ha.

....

Youngmi and I go down the hotel then heading at the place we are supposed to be. This activities had been arranged by our teachers for tonight. I'm not sure, what kind of activity is that but luckily the teacher didn't really force for anyone who have no interesting over it like me. I have zero interest. So yeah, I won't join it.

From a far, I see almost all the students over there, enjoying their food and they all look beautiful with their outfit. Majority, the girls wear a dress and the boys just wear something casual. I side glance over Youngmi and seem she has a nice dress either on her body and I only have a simple and comfortable one. it's a dress too but I put on my cardigan just in case to cover my expose arms.

"Ah" Youngmi suddenly gasps then stop in her track.

"What?" I stop too,

"I left my phone at the hotel room" She explains.

"And?" I narrow my eye to her, she grin immediately.

"And I think I have to go back"

"Perfect" I sarcastically mutter. 

​"You can go first, I promise I'll be right back" Youngmi quickly says and ignore my sour face. before I could protest, she turns around then begin to walk back to the hotel, almost run.

I make a heavy sigh then start to walk ahead again. I reach over there and seem my appetite completely lost. So I just decided to find the seat instead. there is the bench near the tree and a bit far from the place where the teacher and students are right now. I sit on it and watch the workers who is busying serve several dishes of meals under the tents.

The sound of beach waves clearly can hear from here and don't forget the cold wind that blowing around. I look up and found a magnificent​ dark sky above me with the stars around. it's look so beautiful and calm. I inhale some fresh night air for a moment, but suddenly I hear the sound of footstep. I quickly look forward again and found Myungsoo's presence. He's approaching me and I begin to feel uneasy.

He reaches in front of me then out of blue he hands me a drink that he brought. I didn't take it instead I get up immediately, ready to leave.

“Stop right there” He voiced up, which making me stop instantly.

“Let’s talk” He starts, but I ignore him and begin to step again.

“Please,” He begs this time which make me stop for twice. At last, I make a sigh then sit on the bench again. his lip forming into a wide smile then he tries hand me a drink again.

“Here” He says. I look up and a bit hesitate but take it eventually. He also has his own drink in his hand. I watch him sit next to me.

“Kyungmi” He begins and I shiff a little, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

“Let’s make up again. look, I’m sorry what I have done to you” He says. I remain silent and only look down at the drink in my palm.

“I know, I should haven’t do that to you and I admit it that was my fault” He states.

“To be honest, I don’t like the fact that you’re keeping distance from me, especially now.” He adds then wait for my reaction but I give nope instead I shut my mouth tight. Myungsoo makes a small sigh.

“I just can’t control my love to you” He confess. I press my lip together. I know, myungsoo

“So, I’m here to apologize to you, I apologize for kis-“

“Actually” finally I open my mouth as I cut him off. Myungsoo looks at me immediately, waiting for my next word ”I already forgave you”

His eyes quickly wide to my word, didn't expect that. While I begin to bring up the glass of juice onto my lip before slowly drinking. At the moment, Myungsoo focuses on me as he watches me drink intently.

I just finish half of them then I tilt my head, flushing Myungsoo a thin smile. ”Thanks for the drink”

Myungsoo flinch a bit then his body relax as he returns the same smile but he didn’t say anything afterward. I place the glass beside me before checking the time in my wrist.

“Where is Youngmi? Why took her so long?” I silently thought.

“Kyungmi” Myungsoo suddenly calls me. I just give him a simple ’hum’ while yawning. I turn my head to look at Myungsoo and I don’t know why but Why my sight is getting blur all of a sudden? I try to blink a little to fix my vision again and focus on his face.

“I’m sorry” He apologizes again, which make me confused and before I could ask him why, suddenly my sight goes dark and the next thing I lean on Myungsoo's body.

 

 

 


Myungsoo (L)