Chapter 4

Love Is Confusing Me


We step in the building of the school. My mind keeps repeating the word that he just said like a broken cassette. His words are touching me a bit, and make me feel something weird in the corner of my heart. His hand still holding mine and I can feel how good his palm is. I can't help but lower my head to hide my red face, hoping he don't see it now.

"Where is your class?" His voice surprised me. I raise my head up only to see his face. His eyes are staring over me, waiting for me to answer. We're stopping in the middle of the hallway. 

"Oh.. Ugh..." I'm about to tell him but the noise suddenly interrupting me. I glance around me when I found out almost all of the students starting to talk about us. Their expressions seem shock as ever after seeing Daehyun is holding my hand and our body is close enough which make them frustration especially the girls. I can feel the deep aura of them, telling me to stay away from Daehyun.

"Who is that girl ? she looks ugly!"

"Why Daehyun Oppa is holding her hand? Is supposed to be me! not her!"

"Isn't she is KyungMi? why she with Daehyun Oppa?"

"What is their relationship?"

"I feel like want to slap someone. She is disgusting"

Their bad yet harsh words makes me feel uncomfortable and I quickly pull back my hand from his. Daehyun instantly looks down when he noticed his hand feel nothing. He clicks his tongue once before looking up to me with a meaningful expression on his face. I ignore him and trying to move aside a little to create a small space between me and him.

He is about to open his mouth when..

"Hyung!" A voice suddenly comes from behind us. The both of us turning around and found Daehyun's friends is waving their hands while walking manly to our direction. I gulp down when I see them because this is my first time to meet them face to face to be honest.

I admit it, they're look very handsome especially in the school uniform. Why I have not noticed it before? No wonder the girls in my school become crazy as fangirling whenever they saw them. I think I'm not ready yet to meet them. I glance over Daehyun when I realized he seems patiently waiting for his friends to come over.

He seems like have forgetten me who is standing beside him. This is my chance to escape from this situation.

I don't want to see his friends yet, at least not now.

I turn around then slowly jog forward, hoping he doesn't notice me but..

"Yah, Where are you going!? " Daehyun yells when he finds out that I already not beside him. The jog quickly turns into run, as I casually ignore his loud yell and run as fast as I can to my class way.

"Come back here!!! Park Kyungmi!!" he shouts with full of his heart, hoping I'll come to him back but I just cover both of my ears then disappeared from his sight.

 

I slam my on the chair as I try to breath properly. I throw my backpack on my desk then touch my chest immediately. My heart beating like crazy because of my crazy running. Eun Jong runs toward me after seeing me on my seat. 

"Yah, what just happened ? You better tell me now, what the hell you and Daehyun were coming to the school together? Seriously, holding hand?!!!" Eun Jong quickly asks me as take a seat in front of me. I glance once at her, she looks impatient as wanting my explanation. I shake my head, This girl. 

"Let me breath properly and I will tell you later" I say to her but she just pouts in dissatisfied.

"That's actually not the answer to my question." she protests as whine like a kid, I smile, she is the only girl who talk to me but we rarely talk to each other, since she rather being with her own friends.

I'm indeed don't have a true friend in my life.

"I promise, I will tell you... but not now" I hold her hand. She just nods then grin to me, respecting.

~~~

Now is the break time, I and Eun Jong keep our book as ready to walk out of the classroom. I already told her about what was just happening between me and Daehyun and she got mad because of that. Actually, I didn't tell her fully, I've skip the part when I've to be his 'fake' girlfriend because that's our secret. To be honest, We're not like other students who love BAP and admiring them like an idol and for the information, only her other friends fangirling over BAP but not her, that's why she talks to me. We're different and didn't give a damn about them, absolutely not. We used to hate them because of the rumor said that they're playboy as well but sometime we rarely talk because she will be with her other friends often. I'm not put a blame on her because she still wants to talk to me though. I think it's more enough than nothing.

We're stepping out of the classroom and didn't notice that someone is waiting outside of our classroom. He grabs my wrist after seeing me. I almost fell on the ground because of that but luckily his strong hand holds me tight which make me can balance my body. I look up and about to shout at him but my mouth quickly shuts back when I see Daehyun who actually grabs my hand. Eun Jong stands not far away from us, she just stares at him like a hungry lion.

"Where do you think you're going, huh?" he asks while giving a smirk. I gulp as avoiding his eyes.

"Let her go" Eun Jong exclaims to him, Daehyun looks up immediately and stare at her dangerously.

"Why should I ? She is my girlfriend" He states coldly.

Wow, he really serious about me being his girlfriend.

Eun Jong bites her lower lip as trying to calm herself then shut back, preventing herself to say anything.

"I will take her with me" He pauses for a while."If you want to follow us, It's fine though. You can join us too. plus, we will eat with my friends" Daehyun adds, I'm shocked by his unexpected invitation. He is not as bad as I thought. I can see Eun Jong also has same expression like me who are surprising of his unexpected words. I stare on his face, he just smiles as waiting for my friend's response.

"Thanks for inviting me" She pauses "but no. It's okay. I can eat with my other friends, you two can go" Eun Jong decided as giving him a small smile. Daehyun just nods then drag me along with him. I give her one last glance before turning away and follow my fake boyfriend.

Both of us walking down through the hallway.

"Why you left me this morning? I've not introduced you yet to my friends" He honestly says while we're heading to the Canteen. I just remain silent, don't want to answer him.

I left because of your friends, I whisper in my heart. he snorts when I give him no answer.

As we're walking side by side and passing the students, I can feel their eyes keep staring on me and I know that their stares actually it's not a good thing.

Finally we arrived at the canteen. Daehyun pulls me by the hand then stroll to his friends who are sitting at the table, eating their lunch. I make a heavy sigh and just follow him like a pet.

"Guys, meet my girlfriend, Park Kyungmi" Daehyun introduced as we're standing in front of the table where his friends are sitting. Almost all of them choke upon hearing daehyun words.

"What!?" One of them yell as drinking his water. I don't know what to do but just smile at nothing. Daehyun lets out a sigh.

"This.Is.My.Girlfriend" He said again as hug me from behind then put his chin on my left shoulder. He's breathing near my ear which make my body shaking and my heart suddenly beating very fast.

I take a deep breath.

'This is not real, this is not real'. I keep on repeating those words over my head. Well, This is the part of his acting, wanting us to look perfectly like a real couple I bet. 

"Oh, that's good, Daehyun. Come, have a seat." One of them say again with his gently deep voice. Daehyun breaks into smile then released me from him, forcing me to sit beside his friends. I let out a small sigh for a relief. For a while, Daehyun left me to get our lunch and his friends start to introduce themselves to me, so do I.

For the information, no one know that we're actually not a real couple excluding his own friends. Only us know about this, isn't this crazy?

Yes, it is.