Chapter 22

Love Is Confusing Me

 

“No way!”

That’s only word escaping from my mouth.

My hand immediately falls down to my side, totally startled with his statement. My legs become weak all of a sudden and then I end up drop on the ground by itself. I lower my head, looking down in an empty mind.

“Youngmi is Youngjae’s sister? This must be a joke.” I mumble to myself. My mouth halfs open to show that I’m still in shocked.

Youngjae starts to feel guilty when he sees my state, sitting on the ground like a lost people. He narrows his eyes to look down at me before squatting beside me. He reaches his hand to touch my shoulder in concerned but I quickly shake it off. He bites his lower lip, never thought that me can change like this but he tries the best to understand it.

On the other hand, Youngmin seems satisfied  with my reaction. This is what she wanted in the first place. She wanted to make me down. Her lips curl into a small smirk but at the same time she doesn’t like the fact that her brother tries to comfort me, being on my side. 

“Kyungmi-ah..” Youngjae's voice greets my ears but I still lower my head, don’t interested to look at him now.

“You're okay?” He instantly asks me. His eyes seem full with the guilty. I shut my eyes for a second, composed myself then I feel Youngjae touches my arm softly but this time I don't push away, instead just let it rest in there. 

“Please leave me alone. I want to be alone right now” I don’t want to be rude to him. This is not his fault at all however I don’t feel like talking to anyone right now. I just need some spaces for myself. There is so many things happened to me in a blink of an eyes.

Youngjae nods in understanding like I expected it. He slowly lets my hand go with a heavy heart. I quickly stand on my feet then turn on my heel to walk away from the place. I just take a few steps but stop in my track all of sudden. I just noticed something that I've not done yet. I instantly spin my body around and found the two siblings are looking at me.

I glance at Youngjae once before walking toward a smirking Youngmin and then the second thing she had already fallen on the ground right after I slapped her across her pretty face. She deserves it because she had cursed my mom and accused something that my mom didn’t do. Youngjae blinks on his spot, trying to figure out what just happened in front of him.

“Yah! How dare you?!” Youngmi screams at me but I ignore her as well.

I notice Youngjae’s shocked face as I tilt my head to him.

“Sorry Youngjae. I’m not as good as you think” I bluntly admit to him, forcing a smirk. Then, I casually walk away, ignoring Youngmi who are now whining like a little kid on the ground.

“Oppa, She slapped me..” Youngmi holds her sore cheek with her palm in unbelievable while looking up at her unmoving brother, trying to buy his sympathy. My figure had already disappeared from their sight.

Youngjae snaps from his fantasy though, instantly back to reality. He immediately looks down at her sister then gives her a disappointed look.

“You deserved it, Youngmi” Youngjae states which making Youngmin snorts by it.

Her brother is not helping at all, she thought.

“But..” She wants to speak but his brother quickly interrupts her just in time.

“Daehyun must be sad if he finds out what you have done.” Youngjae makes a small sigh. He knows Daehyun loves her sister like the way he loves her as his sister. To him Youngmin is like his sister, somehow Daehyun treats her very well and without realizing had given Youngmi a false hope.

Youngmi lowers her head when he mentioned his name. Her mood starts to feel down all of sudden. Youngjae softer watching her reaction for a while before slightly shakes his head.

“I’m a bit disappointed with you” He honestly mutters before turning around to walk away, leaving her sister behind. Deep inside of his heart, he really hopes that his sister learns from her mistake.

 

......

 

I weakly walk through the empty hall but my walk not as fast as usual, instead the speed is slow like a snail. Seem like my mind is controlling me as well. All I know right now, I really want to cry but I can’t, because nope of my tears want to burst out at this time.

“I’m not okay, Youngjae” I softly whisper the answer that I supposed to say to him a while ago. 

Somehow I feel guilty for slapping Youngmin but at the same time I feel a bit relief for what have I done. If my father didn’t come here, this kind of situation would not happen in the first place. She wouldn’t find out about my problem and she wouldn’t make me slap her but it's too late. All of that already happened and for some reasons I feel grateful because my question have been answered. Her identity has been bared today.

I stroll into the locker room and now I don’t have any of mood to go back to the class. I make a heavy sigh. Why the problem keeps coming to me. First, Daehyun, second my own father then third Youngmi. All of them really make me in pain, making me learn how to feel hurt.

Suddenly I hear footstep not far away from me. I quickly look up and found Daehyun’s figure emerges when he is walking in my direction, opposite with me. Like always, his face doesn’t show any of an expression and it’s hard for the person like me to predict him.

Seeing his calm face makes my eyes get blurry all of sudden, fill up with the tears. I instantly lower my head down, looking at my feet.

“Why?” I whisper slowly. Why the tear appears right now? Why not when I was mad at Youngmin? I really don’t understand.

I really hope he doesn’t recognize my presence at all as I keep walking toward him. I shut my eyes for a moment then open it back as only to see the pair of shoes that already placed in front of my feet. Automatically makes me stop in the middle of my walk but don’t even dare to look up, facing him. 

I step to the left to walk away but he quickly blocks me as I see he mirrors my step. I move to the right this time but once again he follows me as his step to the right too. Just for a few minutes he keeps follow whenever I step on the same spot as blocking me as well and in the end I make a sigh. Did he do that on purpose?

Finally, I give up and eventually look up at him. “What do you want?”

My voice sounds crack as I can feel a vibration in my voice.

‘Please not now’  I mentally scream frustration in my heart when I feel my tear constantly fill up the space of my eyes. He stares down at my eyes for a moment, trying to search something. I avoid his stare immediately, biting on my bottom lip in uneasy.

Why I feel weak all of sudden? Why must be in front of this guy?

I hate myself.

“Come to my house after school” He coldly demands like usual. I just nod my head for my response to him, don’t be able to open my mouth this time. He doesn’t say anything else instead step to the side to walk away. He calmly skips passed my shoulder then leave me on my spot alone, unmoving.

Hearing his footstep behind, making me instantly cry in silence. Finally, the tears that I keep on holding it all the time had poured down to my cheeks. I can’t hold this anymore as I start to sob silently on my spot. My shoulders move up and down followed by the rhythm of my soft sob.

I stop crying when I feel two hands encircle around my shoulders from the back. Shockingly, a hiccup escapes from my mouth when I feel his scent hit my nose strongly. He tightly hugs me then calmly rests his chin on my left shoulder which sending me the same feeling to my heart whenever I'm with him.

He tilts his head to look at the side of my face wheb his breath lightly hit my ear and neck. I hold up my breath for the warmth he has given me from the back as my heart races faster in exceptional. I shut my eyes and the tear pours down even more like a river.

‘What's now, heart? Can you tell me what is this feeling?’

Seeing my tear don’t even want to stop, he quickly lifts his left hand then softly wipes my tears with his thumb finger.

“Shhh... I don’t like when my girlfriend crying..” He whispers near to my ear, making my legs become weak for his husky voice.

‘No, this isn’t right’ I inhale

“But..” I'm about to turn around, wanting to face him but he quickly holds both of my shoulders, preventing me. “Don’t turn”

 I stay still immediately and continue to speak. “But.. I’m not your real girlfriend..” I lower my head.

He encircles again his hands to my body, finding there's a comfort there “I know, Kyungmi. I always know that...” He whispers again then a few minutes he slowly releases me. For some reason I feel empty without his embrace. I want to turn around but afraid he will get mad at me.

“You do know? But why I feel like you’ve forgotten about it? Why you said I’m your girlfriend where no one is here?” I bluntly ask him, there's a thousand things I am curious about. 

“Can you stop confusing me?” I add again but no word has come out from his mouth yet. I frown when I don’t hear his voice at all.

“Daehyun?” I call out his name this time but still the silent greets me. I take some breaths and bravely turn around but guess what? No one there.

“Is this all.. a dream?” I talk to myself in disbelieve. I shake my head for a few times.

“No, I’m not dreaming. I really sure, I’m not.” I confidently say and instantly run into the hall, trying to find him. I know he was with me a while ago. I’ve even could feel his touch earlier. I still can smell his scent. His soft voice still wander into my mind.

When I about to pass the bends, I see a familiar figure is walking down the hall with his back is facing me. I sigh for a relief.

“I know this is not dream. Thank you Daehyun” I gratefully say, almost crying for the second time.

“But please don’t do that again. Stop being nice to me.”

 

 


 

OMG I think my story is getting ridiculous, lately.

maybe, I don't have much ideas that's why my mind keep thinking of ridiculous things. 

haha.. 

I just noticed this chapter look a bit short.. -.-

bye~