Chapter 17

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

“Hold me tight” Daehyun’s voice greets my ear all of sudden.

“What?” I ask back, don’t really hear what just he said. The wind keeps on hitting my face nonstop when we’re riding bike down the road and my ears can’t catch a single of his word really well right now .

At the same time, my bangs keep on getting messier and my right hand quickly adjust them back even it doesn't look as fine as before. 

“I said, hold me tight” He grits his teeth, repeating his words as loud as he can.

“Why?” I ask again, feeling weird by his sudden order. Why I have to hold him tight anyway?

I can hear he makes a loud sigh, signaling me he is displeased.

“There are a slope road a few meters in front of us and we are going to pass through it” He explains to me, raising his voice a little, sounding absolutely serious.

My mouth instantly make an ‘O’ shape.

“Oh, I see..” I blink twice “ Wait. Hold on! What did you say? A slope road? Are you kidding me?” It’s take me a few minutes to realize. 

“What a stupid” He mutters, don’t give an actual answer me for my questiond. He silently shakes his head.

“No. No. No. Turn back.. I want you to turn back right now !! We are not going to go there” Ignoring his comments. I demand, starting to feel the panic wash over me already.

“Too bad. We are already late” He casually announces then hiss, regretting now. My eye grows big immediately.

"What do you mean by 'We are alrea-Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I can't finish my words as I scream the top of my lung when we are now on the way going down the slope road. I keep on screaming while Daehyun calmly pedaling the bike, he seems already used with this kind of the situation. What the hell! 

"Can you shut up for a second" He starts to feel annoying with my loud screaming. He can't concentrate at all when all I do is screaming behind him like there's no more tomorrow.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I can't help but raise up my voice even more, totally ignoring his demand. I don't care anymore.He grunts in silent for my loud voice. 

Then a few minutes later, my screaming stop right away because of the tiredness but the fear still feels all over me.

"Daehyun-ah!!" I call out his name all of sudden while clutching down his shirt hardly, feeling fearness.

"What?!" Daehyun responses me with the same loud voice. He sounds like he's mad right now.

'Why take this so long?' I secretly complain in my heart.

I peek through his tough body before gulping down my saliva .

'that is too high, what is going to happen if we were falling down onto the road'

'We might die at this young age' my mind starts to wander around, thinking about nonsense things.

"I'm so damn scarrreeeeeeedd!!!" I shout and do the honest confession by making a longer intonation.

I quickly bury my face into the back of his shirt, hiding my face. 

Daehyun can't hold this anymore as he bursts into a laughter upon hearing my crying voice at the back. I can feel his body twitching due to his amusing laugh through his back.

"Hey, do you think this is funny!?" I slap his back hardly, when seem like he doesn’t have a sign to stop from laughing.

Unknowingly, I pout behind him. He slowly stops laughing before speeding up on pedaling the bike this time. I know he is doing this on purpose!

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” once again a screaming escaping from my mouth and which fast reflex I instantly hug his waist tight.

......

I jump off from the bicycle while my eyes looking around to the huge shopping mall in front of me, my eyes sparkle in excited.

While Daehyun gone to park the bike somewhere. I’ve noticed that a lot of people keep on glancing over us as soon as we arrived here with the bike. Some of them laughing at us while some just looking toward us with an amazing face. They might think we are unique and weird couple at the same time who are coming to this fancy shopping mall by just riding the bicycle.

“Let’s go” Daehyun’s voice grabs my  whole attention back and I look up at him immediately. I’m stunned in my spot, staring right into his face.

“Why? is there something on my face?” He frowns, confusing with my sudden stare. His hand quickly grobe his face.

“Actually.. Your hair. Did you just got electric shock?” I’m eyeing his hair intently, where it had been turned into another hairstyle. His hair now is going up, showing his full forehead probably because of the wind when he speeds up pedaling the bike a while ago.

He quickly touches his own hair then a grunt escape from his mouth.

“Just let it be” He casually states before stepping into the building of the shopping mall, leaving me behind. Don’t even care about his hair look now. I let out a snort.

'Are you kidding me?! You want to kill me or what?’ I mentally cry into my heart. The problem is he looks so freaking hot handsome with that hairstyle on him.

I secretly steal a glance at him before I step into the building to follow him. I walk behind him in silence and something is making me feel uncomfortable right after I step in.

All the girls start to look at Daehyun, checking him up and down and the second thing I know they’re now fangirling over him like the way the female students of our school always do wherever they see him. I look down at myself, realizing that I’m just an ordinary girl after all. Who I am to stand beside the man in front of me now. The boy known as Jung Daehyun.

I walk even more slow to create some distance between us while keeping my gaze down on my shoes.

“Why are you walking so slowly? Are you a snail?” His almost frustrated voice immediately snaps my thought away. I stop on my spot and look up. Daehyun also stops on his spot, looking over his shoulder to look at me. Although the distance between us quite far, his stare already enough to make my heart pound harder for no reason.

I really don’t understand with myself. All I feel right now is confusing. Confusing with this heartbeat keeps beating nonstop. Confusing with this new feelings that appeared all of sudden. I blink my eyes twice as press my lips into a straight line, prefer no to say anything.

Daehyun turns his body around when he found out no response has come from me. He slowly walks toward me then stand right in front of me. He waits for a moment before hesitantly grabbing my wrist as wrap them gently.

For the first time I feel like I just get electric shock all over of my body when Daehyun’s hand touches my skin.

“Let’s go, I feel uncomfortable with their stares, it’s  annoying” He whispers to me. I look up before nodding my head. He pulls me and leading me somewhere. I follow him while looking down into his gripping hand against mine. I really want to push his hand away so badly but I can’t because I’m not be able to do that.

I don’t have any idea why.

......

I stare at Deahyun blankly, He sits opposite me where he is busying play with his phone. For a moment I look around me, scanning around the coffee shop. He brought me here and now ignoring me as well while playing with his phone. I look down into my cup of coffee then land my eyes to his untouched cheesecake.

Believing or not, we are sitting here half an hour already and all I just do is watching him playing with his phone. I clear my throat once to grab his attention but completely failed.

To be honest, this is my first time I’m going to date and I didn’t expect that the date actually is like this, just sitting and doing nothing.

“Daehyun!” I call out his name but just earning his short yet simple hum.

“I don’t know what the date is like. so, this is so-called ‘a date’?” I ask him curiously, without blinking. He shrugs and don’t even lift his head instead looking at the screen phone fully.

“I don’t know either” He simply states. I gawk in my spot then scratching my head, completely puzzled.

“This is your first time too?” I ask him in unbelievable and wide my eye as big as I can. He doesn’t give any response now.

“Ah.” He moans. I bet he just lost in his game. I rest my chin on my palm as watching him again.

“Should I play with my phone like the way you’re doing now?” I try to talk with him again even I know he won’t respond me.

“I guess not” I mutter then let out a heavy sigh. I remain silent in my seat, glancing around me for a secong. I don't know how to kill the time and what's the point of coming here in the first place. 

Then, I tap my forefinger against the table for a few times, thinking how to grab his attention.

I’m so damn bored right now!

My lips turn into a smirk instantly when an idea pops out in my mind. I glance at his cheesecake then reach my hand to grab them. I slowly pull the saucer of cheesecake toward me while biting my bottom lip, making sure he’s not noticing my action.

He stops me by gripping my wrist. I look up immediately and notice how dangerous his stare is into my eyes, deeply.

“I know you don’t like cheesecake, kyungmi. and don’t make me force you to eat it” He gives me sort of scary warning. I innocently grin at him then quickly pulling my hand back from his grip.

Can he stop touching me? Does he know that his touch now can make my heart burst out anytime.

“I know, I know.. why so serious?” I say then pout on my seat. Daehyun keeps his smile then continuing back playing with his phone.

“Daehyun, How long we are going to be like this? Having a fake relationship.” I ask after a long silence between us.

No response.

“Sometimes, I wonder who is my future boyfriend and is he going to love me?” I ask, mostly to myself. Already give up to talk with the guy in front of me.

“I never thought about this before, fall in love for someone. What does it feel?” I talk to myself again while resting my chin on my arms as mumbling in my seat alone.

Daehyun throws his phone onto the table and make me snap out from my thought instantly. I quickly touch my chest because of shock then raising up my head. I see his frustration face.

“Lost again?” I mocking say, eyeing his phone.

“You’re noisy” He blames on me instead, sounding serious. I just give him a shrugs.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” His voice greets my ears again, asking an unexpected question. He takes a spoon and begin to eat his cheesecake this time. I stare at him who is chewing his meal down through his throat.

“Why? Want some?” He asks after noticing me staring at him. I quickly shake my head, grisly. Then I notice that I’m not giving an answer yet to his question.

“That sounds good, I want it” I say in excitement voice all of sudden. I never go to the cinema before.

“Want what? This?” He playfully lifts his spoon of cheesecake toward me.

“No,no,no I mean, want to watch a movie” I try to correct my words while waving both of my hands in front of my face. He giggles a little, amusing with my reaction.

“Then, let’s go!” He takes a big bite of cheesecake then quickly stands up from his seat.

“Uh.. Oh Okay..” I mutter, unsure as glancing once at the empty saucer on the table before getting up from my seat too, follow him.

“That’s so freaking fast” I mumble in amazing again.