Chapter 8

Love Is Confusing Me

 

The sun shore through the bedroom window and just in time, my alarm clock start to ring nonstop on the table beside my bed. I twist for a moment before making myself up without opening my eyes. The alarm clock keep making a loud sound as I quickly turn them off when I start to get annoying. Today is wednesday, so I still have a school. I push the blanket away then get up from the bed. I lazily grab the towel and stroll to the bathroom.

My uniform already on my body. I immediately grab my backpack on my chair and heading downstairs. 

"Mom!" I call out when I couldn't find her everywhere, around the house and her room. I frown then shrugs myself. I make my way to the kitchen to find something for me to eat for breakfast. 

I look onto the dining table and found a few slices of breads and a note. I take the note and impatiently read it.

 

kyungmi-ah, I have to go to work early.
I'm so sorry for won't be able to make you breakfast today.
but I've left you the breads on the dining table. :)

before you go out, make sure you lock the door...

 

I make a small sigh. Once I'm about to take a seat, suddenly my phone vibrate in my pocket. It's mean that I got a text message from someone. I read it and apparently it's from Daehyun, he said he will picks me up with his car. I quickly check the clock.

"Oh crap.. I'm late.. Daehyun must be waiting for me outside now" I mumble as instantly grab the two slices of breads then put them between my lips. Now I look like a dog bringing the food in their mouth. Ignoring my thought, I quickly put on my shoes. I do like my mom said, locking the door. 

When I already out from my house, I see a white car is waiting for me over there, Knowing that it's must be Daehyun's car because I've seen them before at his house. I scoot immediately to his car while my breads still in my mouth. I open the door then climb into the car. He looks at me weirdly.

"Oh" I say as I quickly pull out the bread of my mouth. I grin at him then quickly turn away to hide my red face because of embarrassment. He strangely didn't say anything but just shake his head then start to drive.

The atmosphere in the car turns silent when the car starts to move to the main road. I calmly chew the bread that I just brought in silence. My gaze just look out of the window however I can feel that Daehyun's eyes keep on looking over me through the reflection. I try to glance at him through the corner of my eyes this time. He isn't looking at me instead at my breads. I clear my throat once which make him focus back on his driving.

"Ugh..." I open my mouth want to speak, he looks at me back. "You want some?" I bluntly ask while showing him my half bread. he takes a moment before innocently nodding his head. I smile then give him some, luckily I brought two breads.

"Thank you" He says in a light voice. Oh, did I see him blushing? I quickly shake my head then turn back my head facing the window. I wonder, Why he didn't take a breakfast. I thought myself.

~~~

I almost forget, Daehyun said that he wanted to discuss with me about the one of the rules that I've mentioned it last night but seems like he had forgotten about it. I make a heavy sigh then start to tidy up my books because the period of my class had already ended a minute ago. Now, time to go home. I walk out of the class then stroll to the locker place. 

While I walk through the hallway, my mind keeps thinking about those rules. should I follow him again to his house today? But I don't want to cook for him anymore. He will get sick if he keeps eating my cooking.

I stand in front of my locker then open it with my key. I lazily put my stuff inside the locker then close it when suddenly I've been shocked by someone's face appearing behind the door of my Locker. I yell in surprise. He hysterically laughs to my reaction while slapping the next locker to mine with his hand in amused.

"Yah, Yoo Youngjae!! you!!" I start to get angry to him then I quickly hit him on the head once with my book. He groan out of pain and stops then give me a death glance.

"What? You who the one started it first" I innocently state then walk away leaving him alone. 

"Aish!" He hisses then chasing after me who already walk ahead without bothering to look behind. He matches my pace beside me casually. This is the second time I meet him and it feels like we've been friends quite long.

"What do you want?" I say with a cold expression. I look at him, who is rubbing his head. Suddenly I feel guilty because hit him with my thick book.

"Does it hurt?" I ask again, worried.

"Of course, it hurts!! Damn it, look at your book!! It's hard and thick!!" He lets out a small whine like a little kid. I just roll my eyes.

"That's okay, if you want to cry" I playfully say to him. I really feel comfortable when I'm around him. I smile when I notice him makes a face an instant.

"Who do you think I am? A five year old kid?!" He exclaims. I giggle a little after earning his random answer.

"Where is Daehyun?" I changed the subject all of a sudden. Youngjae suddenly hits his own forehead once. I look at him weird.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you, Daehyun said he can't take you home today because he has something to do" Youngjae states. I quickly pull out my phone from the pocket then notice that I have four missed calls from Daehyun. I make a sigh. So, that's means the rule is cancel? I don't have to come over his house, right? Or no?

"Oh okay.. Thank you for telling me, Youngjae" I smile to him.

"No problem.." He shortly states. I nod but Suddenly I stop in my track, Youngjae didn't notice me who already stop walking. My eyes focus on Daehyun, who is with someone while heading toward his car. I carefully watch the girl who's walking beside his figure, I think I've seen her before but where? I try to recall back. 

"Ah!" I start to remember, actually she is the same girl who was hugging Daehyun yesterday where I accidentally saw them in the empty classroom when I wanted to find Daehyun.

"Youngjae!" I shout Youngjae's name and he immediately stops. He turns around and face me.

"Yah, What are you doing over there!" he yells then jogging back toward me.

"Do you know who is she?" I bluntly ask and point toward the girl who's with Daehyun right now. Youngjae follows my point direction. He make a tiny eyes to recognize the person before facing me again.

"Ah, She is YoungMi and she's actually the same age like you" Youngjae told me, seems like he completely knows her well.

"Really?" I say then nod my head in understanding. But why I've not noticed her before. Hmm..

"Why are you asking, anyway? Jealous, huh?" Youngjae playfully asks, looking for my reaction. I just roll my eyes. He laughs, knowing better I'm just his friend fake girlfriend and trying to mock me.

"If you want to know, she-" Youngjae wants to tell me something suddenly his phone ring, cutting him off. He pulls out his phone then talk to someone in the other line for a few seconds. After that, he hangs up the call then look at me.

"Sorry Kyungmi, I have to go now. Bye!" he excuses before rubbing my hair's bang then rushing out the block of the school without giving me a slight change to say anything.

"Aish!" I hiss when my hair got messy by Youngjae again. I bet, that's going to be his new habit. Great.

~~~~

Since I'm alone, I do my routine day like usual

I walk around the town, passing the variety of shops. Since my mother still in her workplace, I decided to walk around the town by myself before heading to my house. There's a place catching my attention when I saw the Coffee shop there. I smile then start to make my way toward it. The moment I get into this shop I can smell aroma of the warm coffee everywhere. I take a seat near the window so that I can see the view outside while having my coffee. 

I've made an order of a Hot mocha coffee then wait patiently for my order to come over. After a couple of minutes, the waitress come and handing me the coffee. She shows me her smile before leaving me alone. I smile as watch her walk away, I start to take a sip and then shut my eyes in order to enjoy them.

This coffee taste so good. I thought. 

I calmly put my elbow on the table then rest my chin on my hand. I turn my head to the glass of the window then quietly stare at the people who's walking pass by the coffee shop.

Secretly, I wonder Where is Daehyun going with the girl?

For a second, I make a heavy sigh. who I am to know where he goes? I just his fake girlfriend.. not his real girlfriend... Yeahh, just fake.. nothing else.

"What are you staring at?" A voice suddenly appears which make me snap from my deep thought. I blink for a while then try to find the owner of the voice. I turn my gaze in front of me and to be greeted by a handsome boy who's looking outside the window too, trying to find something. I bet he just playfully copies me.

"Hmm.. I see nothing" He states and turn over me, then smile warmly.

I frown, I never see this guy before. I didn't say anything but just remain silent while my eyes locked on his bare face.

"Oh, By the way, are you alone..."He pauses then trying to look at my school uniform to search something "Park.. Kyungmi?" he looks at my name tag. I immediately cover them with my own hand, feeling uncomfortable with his random action. It's kinda rude.

"Nice name you got there, Kyungmi" He gives me a sweet smile and he got the dimple too between both side of his cheeks. Unknowingly, I'm stunned in my seat. He's really handsome. I can tell, He seems easily throw a smile at people around him I guess, but I quickly shrug it off before focusing at the situation again.

Frowning, I stare at him for a moment before bravely open my mouth-

"Who are you? What are you doing here? What do you want?" ignoring his smile, I shot him a ton of questions instead. He fixes his gaze to me when I finally speak up then didn't wipe those smiles off his face either.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Anyway, my name is Myungsoo.. Kim Myungsoo"