Chapter 47

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

I stand up immediately from the couch when the sound of the door crack open. I’ve been sitting there almost an hour, waiting for Youngjae. After he dashed out from the house earlier, I couldn't ever stay still at all when Youngjae had showed me his unfamiliar side. it's just something new for me and of course I couldn't ignore it either. Even thought it's quite confused me as well, I can't help but to worry about it.

I rush immediately to the doorway but then stop when his figure in my sight. The reason I freeze myself on my spot because I saw something unexpectedly on him. He is smiling right now as if he is the most happiest guy in the world. His face completely bright up and not gloomy that supposed to be.

"Youngjae?" I frowningly call. Hearing my voice, his gaze runs to me right away and the smile still plastered on his lip. I give him a worry look.

"Are you alright?" I ask and then watching him approach me slowly. He stops right in front of me as I notice his face also show some sparkle​ all over it.

"I'm fine,- Why you still been here? did Youngmi come back home already?" He asks another question, while wandering his gaze around the living room behind me only to spot his sister on the couch giving him a small gesture that she has already been home. 

Youngjae turns his gaze back to me "I told you to rest, Kyungmi" He mentioned. His smile didn't wide as before any longer. I bite my bottom lip as I try to study him. In my mind, I begin to wonder, Why he changed all of sudden? What is exactly behind his smile?

Because before he leave this house, he looked more frustration and almost break down but now different. It just freaks me out, after all, I've been almost half dead was worry about him. I either keep on asking myself what had I done to him until he became like that way. The most annoyed me, I feel I was the one who should to be blamed after all. it's doesn't sound right at all.

"How could I go to rest... when all I think was worried about you" I finally open my mouth while my eyes shoot on his calm face. Now, he remains silent then stare at me for a moment. About a few seconds, he breaks eyes contact then look away. He secretly make a sigh before turning again to me, flashing another smile. I can't tell what the type of smiles is that and all I know, it's a bit different than a while ago.

"I'm alright, don't need to worry about me.." He pauses, he seems hesitated at first but then he continues "I just feel relieved cause the problem in my shoulders have been lifted up eventually." He confidently states, showing his cheekbone due to smile.

I now frown completely, "I.. don't get it"

He shakes his head, "It's okay, you don't need to know and bother yourself with it" He brushes his nose once, "It's not important though" He adds almost mumble.

I'm about to open my mouth to ask any further but he instantly cuts me off "I need to go get a shower now, seem like my body a bit exhausted today" He grunts then crack his neck to the side a little. I press my lips together while watching him in emotionless.

He is about to walk forward but stop for a moment, turning to me again. He lifts his hand up before patting the top of my head, smiling again. For a moment, he drops his hand then begin to walk toward the stairs, leaving me behind.

As I still in my spot, suddenly I feel a soft nudge on my shoulder "Kyungmi"

I didn't turn around, already figure out who it is just hearing her voice. I make a small sigh as my shoulders slump right away. Today, really such a tiring day for me. Without waiting for my response, Youngmi grabs my hand before pulling me back to the living room.

She sets me down on the couch before she sits next to me, shifting her body to face me. She places her hand on my shoulder, “So, what are you going to do after this?”

I make a sigh again while squeezing both of my palms against each other onto my lap. I lower down my head before open my mouth again “I.. don’t know”

It’s true, I really don’t know because, I’m sure Youngmi didn’t talk about my problem with Daehyun. Also, I don’t know what’s the point she asked me like that.

Youngmi silently bites her lower lip. Slowly, she drops her hand away from my shoulder then looking forward. She remains silent for a moment, as if pondering on something. I raise my head again then slowly turn in Youngmi’s direction. I carefully watch her or rather to say, waiting for her next word. To be honest, Youngmi still doesn’t  know about what had happened a few hours ago where Daehyun had come to their house since she went out earlier. So, I bet, she only think I have some kind of problem only with his brother right now.

Suddenly,I heard Youngmi makes a deep sigh. “Bluntly, I don’t know what is happening right now?” She turns to me “Why I feel like I’ve been left behind? Why I feel like.. I don’t know anything?” She pauses, staring right in my eye. “it seems like you’re hiding something from me” she mumbles the last word.

She said based of the way his brother and me as if has the biggest secret that no one can know, including her. She started to feel that way after his brother brought me to their house today and she still doesn’t have any idea why his brother did that, since neither me and Youngjae didn’t even bother to mention about it. Apparently, she is a bit offended because I’m also her friend after all.

I bite my lower lip in uneasy and deep down, I really feel bad about that. I’m seem don’t have any trust on her and no wonder she feels that way. It’s not completely her fault, cause I couldn’t be able to deny it.

“I know, My brother sure know you well than me and I know either there is no right for me to complain over it since he become your friend first but..” she breathe out, looking away ”But.. Never mind.. I’m sorry” She give up, probably noticing how overreact she is now.

I press my lip together before running my gaze away from her. While Youngmi lowers her head down this time.

“I.. I still have a feeling to Daehyun even we already broke up” I confess all of sudden, but look like she didn’t shock against the fact.

“I know, I can see that” She admits. I weary nod my head then wait for a moment, to give me some space.

“And because of that, I still don’t know what should I do? I mean, I’ve tried to erase my feeling for him..” I pause, slowly inhale. “But apparently.. I can’t” I breathe out as I lift up my heard, my eyes land at the screen TV in front of us.

Youngmi remains silent on her spot and only open up her ears for me to listen.

“I.. can’t do anything about it since I’m not really sure about Daehyun feeling right now, I mean his feeling toward me” I spit out but didn’t detail much about it. I become quiet afterward, as if I’ve finished my talking. Youngmi nods again then hold my hand abruptly.

“I’m sorry,” She apologizes, I only nod, “Then, what are you going to do next?”

“I’m still not sure” I shortly state, she presses her lips together.

“Okay, I get it” Youngmi pats my shoulders. “But for a while let’s just cut it off..” She suddenly claps once her hand together “Hmm, how about you focus about this upcoming trip now?” She suddenly changed the topic as her face bright up a little. I quickly look at her face, frowning.

“Don’t tell me, you have forgotten about it already, don’t you?” She wides her eyes as much as she can.

I take such a few seconds to figure out it then slowly grin, “Sorry”

“Wah, Daebak.. unbelievable” She complains while running her fingers through her long hair, pretending like she is frustration against it. “Yah, it’s only 4 days to go! do you know that!”

“I know, I know.. Plus,” I lean my back to the couch.

“I’ve think a lot lately, so don’t blame me about it. Besides, only you who the one more excited about it not me” I defense myself then giggle a little. Youngmi silently pouts. I make a thin smile.

“Anyway, once again thank you for paying that” I sincerely say, She quickly waves her hand, didn’t like it when I keep on thanking her.

“Saying that once again or-“

“Or what?” I playfully cut her off. Mehrong!

“I’ll kick your .. for real” She threatened, sounding almost serious.

“Do like I really care!” I make a face.

“Don’t look down at me, Kyungmi. You don’t know, I’ve kicked my brother’s once” She grits her teeth. My smile immediately gone as I speechless right away, didn’t believe it.

For a moment, I burst into laughter, “PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..”

“Maybe twice” She adds, I can’t help but let out a huge laughter again which make Youngmi join along.

....

As I take the last bite of my tuna sandwich, my phone vibrate right in time. I look down at my phone on the dining table before lifting them up. I open the message that I just got while drinking my hot chocolate. It’s saying that they already arrived in front of my house. I smile then place my phone back down as I carefully push the chair behind me. I stand up then pick up the empty plate and glass before bringing them to the sink.

I’m about to wash them but my mom prevent me from behind “Just leave them, Dear. I’ll wash it later.”

I turn my head to look at her “That’s fine, Omma I-”

“You better don’t let your friends wait for you for a long time, it’s not nice” She firmly remarks. I hardly swallow down my saliva before letting out a nervous laugh.”Alright..” I give up eventually.

I make a small sigh, approaching my mom then peck her cheek once. “I’m leaving”

“Be careful and have fun!” She demands, I smile to her as I take the phone in the dining table then dash out from the kitchen room.

Well, today is the day where we’ll go on a school trip. Busan. I’ll go to Busan! Yay!

I quickly take the medium-large of my luggage from the couch before rushing myself to the front door. I open the door and quickly to be revealed by the diva Youngmi in front of me. I almost jump as I gawk on my spot.

Seriously, I observe her appearance up and down (I don't know how to describe it, sorry). She adjusts her sunglass on her eyes then she begins to scan the whole of my body this time. Like always, I just wear a simple dress with a black legging. However, her eyes suddenly lands on my hair.

"Yah, how old are you? Hahaha " She touches my hair with her fingers. I push her hand away immediately. Well, I have made my hair into a lower twintails. is that weird? 

"Cute!" She said then nod, I only rolls my eyes then push her aside as I walk pass through her shoulder, leaving her behind in the doorway.

"Yah, how dare you leave me!" She chases after me who is heading toward his brother now. Youngjae takes my luggage then helping me put them in his boot car then carefully set them down. He closes it before smile at me "Let's go"

I nod and both of us start to get into the car since Youngmi already hops inside, and I thought she would sit on the passenger seat next to driver’s but apparently I’m wrong when I notice there still one person exist in this car. Don’t need to ask who it is because it’s obviously that Jung Daehyun. I press my lip together as I silently sit at the back with Youngmi.

Youngjae starts the engine again before pulling off the car from my house to the road, heading to our school. The atmosphere in the car not that awkward since I and Youngmi keep on talking at the back casually, while both Youngjae and Daehyun only keep quiet in front. However, I didn’t bother much as long as Youngmi stay by my side. At least, I can erase my awkward feeling.

Bluntly, these past four days, I’ve made decision to myself that I want to win Daehyun’s heart instead. I mean, I’m the one who will make a first move since he didn’t do anything yet until now and I don’t ever care if he does love me or not because no matter what I’ll definitely win his heart.

While Youngjae is driving, suddenly he interrupts our conversation. “Ah, I forgot to tell you, kyungmi”

I stop talking instantly as I move my gaze forward to find Youngjae is looking at me through the preview mirror.

”What?” I response, his lips forming into a sweet smile immediately. He glances once at the road before looking at me again “You look so cute”

I slightly blush at his blunt comment while Youngmi giggles in her seat

“Thank you, You’re handsome too” I mumble, almost shy.

Youngjae nods his head in satisfaction then he glances at Daehyun who is already staring at him dangerously. Youngjae can’t help but stick out his tongue once at the male in order to annoy him before playfully raising his eyebrows. On the other hand, Daehyun only could silently roll his eyes, completely annoyed. Youngjae focus back on the road but for a moment, he catches his friend silently make a sigh in the passenger seat.

“Just forthright to her already” Youngjae firmly mutters.

“Shut up” Daehyun says under his breath before throwing away his gaze out from the window beside him. Youngjae just shakes his head, secretly hiding his smile.

 

....

Upon we arrived, I spot all the students are starting to gather together and there have three teachers that involved will take care of this trip completely. The bus has already been here an hour ago at our school and only to wait for the teacher to make discussion before the long journey get started. Now, All of us gather near the bus, listening to some brief and a little information about the place we will go.

Seem like I didn’t pay much attention when both I and Youngmi rather chatting and gossip around. Sometime we will laugh at random stuff that we’re talking about but, then for quite some time, we will become quiet when the teacher seems telling the important things for us. It’s not like only us, but there also have some students almost doing same thing like us.

It’s seem like they’re talking about how excited they are right now about this trip.

Well, we’re not a kindergarten kid that will obediently listen to the entire briefings. So, it’s just regular thing for high school students like us. For a moment, when Youngmi stop talking to me, I quickly take the opportunity to turn around as glance at these two who is standing a bit far from all of us. Both Daehyun and Youngjae casually having their back against the bus.

But they seem like having in their own world, where I see Daehyun who is having an earphone on either sides of his ears while both of his hands casually placing inside his pocket. On the other hand , Youngjae is busying check on his camera in his hand, totally ignore people around him. however, they stand just next to each other. Hmm.. weird.

“Finally” Youngmi’s make a deep sigh abruptly when the teacher announcement that the students can start to get into the bus already. I instantly run my gaze back at her then blink in confuse and before I could say anything else, she quickly drags my hand to lead me to the bus.”Let’s go!”

We both placed our luggage in the boot bus before impatiently climbing into the bus. Then, we both choose the seat in the middle of the bus as I immediately shove myself first to get the seat near the window which make Youngmi pouts a little. I giggle, then stick out my tongue at her in a proud way.

“You’re lucky, I let you have it” Youngmi complains as she sets herself down to the seat next to me.

“Neh neh, thank you my dear~” I playful reply, quickly earning her annoyed face. I laugh a bit as I shake my head in amused. I straighten my body while my eyes wander around the bus that starting to filled by the students, suddenly my eyes meet with Myungsoo’s who happens to pass through our seat. His stare look strong enough on me until I look down instantly, averting his gaze.

Ah, How could I forgot that he is here too? I mentally scream in my heart for my carelessness.

I look up again when I notice he already any longer in my sight, probably he is at the back seat. I quickly let out a deep sigh before I realize that Youngjae and Daehyun exactly sit in front of ours. I glance once at Youngmi who is talking with her brother. I just shrug it off, didn’t bother much. For a moment, I feel the bus start to move to the road, it’s mean our journey just begin.

I guess it will take around 4 hours or more to arrive over there, since Seoul quite far from Busan. Just thinking about that makes me want to jump in joy. I let out my iPod from my bag then plug the earphone in my ear. I play the random song while setting them into the shuffle.

Leaning my back against the seat as I turn my head to enjoy the view outside of the window. It didn’t take long though, when suddenly I feel someone tap my shoulder twice. I lazily turn to Youngmi who is grinning innocently at me. “What?”

She pulls out my earphone on my left ear then begin to open again “I‘m going to switch my seat”

My eyebrows begin to furrow, “With me?”

“No, With Daehyun Oppa” She casually answers. My jaw drops immediately in disbelief. I give her a dissatisfied face. She noticed that as she starts to speak again.

“I have some stuff to talk with my brother and it’s a bit difficult for us to talk like this way” She reasoned. I bite my lower lip in uneasy and before I could protest anything, she already stands up then gesture to Daehyun to change quickly since the bus is moving now that make them struggle a bit when standing.

“But-” I almost shout but shut my mouth immediately when Daehyun already plopped himself down next to me. Seriously, I feel like crying now. Even I decided to make a first move to him but it’s don’t mean I want to do it right now. I still have to gather my strength first before facing him.

I carefully glance at him once and guess what, he is surprisingly smiling toward me. My body begin to shoot with something as I feel nervous all of sudden. I also can feel my heart begin to pound wildly under my chest, as if they are starting to work again after a long time. Now, I want to faint right away. I quickly look forward as slowly lean my back to my seat again. I blink for a few seconds,

Wow, it’s been a long time I’ve seen his smile like that. A sweet smile or I rather to say, a real smile of him.

“I’m sorry but I can’t help it” He states, almost sounding whisper in my ear. He sure talking about Youngjae and Youngmi now. Aish, This siblings!

I didn’t reply, nor answer him, when I found my body being numb completely in my seat. I didn’t look at him either. Swallow hard my saliva, I try to act calm as possible as I can while slowly reaching my earphone to put back in my left ear. Hearing the music makes me calm a bit and I turn my head back to continue looking out of the window, secretly smile.

 

 

 

 

(Please die after seeing this pic, babyz.. haha)