Chapter 13

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

I stand there in silence, just watching the male students playing football on the school field. Not many students are watching, only some of the them. Maybe they don't have any class. That's why they spend the time here instead.

I let out a small sigh. Remembering about this morning where Daehyun and me didn't talk to each other while we were in the car, on the way to the school.

He is like yesterday, being cold all of sudden. I bet that he is hiding something from me or I'm over thinking it. 

Last night, right after Daehyun's car disappeared from my sight, I quickly walked to the doorway.

luckily, my father had left my house, but when I went inside, I got shocked when I saw my mom's bedroom was mess that made by my father. I knew my father must be searching the money into our rooms. 

However, I've ended up to tidy up all the mess that made by my father. I've finished it almost an hour and at the same time my mom still didn't come back home yet. so, I went to sleep first. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep at all, even when I shut my eyes. My mind keeps thinking about everything he said when we were in the car. His clueless voice keeps on playing over my head which make me a bit frustrated. Why he was suddenly asking me the question.??

"Do you believe it?"

What did he mean by the question exactly?!! 

Of course I believe it because I saw him with a girl, with my own eyes !! The eyes don't lie, right?

"Goal!" 

I'm startled, instantly snap from my deep thought after hearing the cheer voice of the some students here. I shake my head as shutting my eyes for a second.

What am I thinking? let's forget all of them and pretend like nothing happens, But can I?

I shrug to myself then slowly turning around to leave the field. I stroll through the hallway corridor and decide to go to our garden instead. I make my way as my eyes roaming around me, around the school.

I'm correcting my skirt uniform a little before taking a seat on the bench near the garden. There's some herbs planted here besides the flowers. 

I stare to the beautiful flowers for a long time until my phone vibrate inside of my pocket.

I got a message from an unknown number. Automatically, my face turns into deep frown.

I touch 'read' then got shocked when I read the body of the message. 

 

I've slept with Daehyun last night. 

 

I gawk. What the hell is this?! 

He slept with a girl too!! I thought he just has a date with the girls but this is even worse than I thought. He'd brought a girl to the bed either!!

But I can't deny it that my heart broken into piece and I don't know why I feel really hurt. I'm not supposed to mind his business. He is not mine. Why should I care? but sure deep inside of my heart, I'm a bit disappointed at the way he easily sleeps will any girl he knows. I mean, he looks like a kind guy but- sigh, I don't know.

I stare at my screen phone for a long time, I keep on reading those words in unbelievable until someone from behind quickly snatch my phone away from my hand. 

I almost yell and look up immediately

I startled when I see the person.

 

"D-Daehyun" I exclaim his name with a shaky voice, surprising. How long he has been here? did he see the text message?

I swallow my saliva hard while watching him taking a seat right next to me. I tilt my head to look at him, observing his reaction. He shows his bitter face while his eyes straightly stare to the flowers that I just stared on a minute ago.

"W-what are you doing here?" I'm stammer a bit. he remains silent, don't answer me yet.

When he didn't give any response to me, I give up and end up staring at the flowers too like he does. 

"It's not true" He mutters lowly, almost whispers.

"Huh?" I ask again. afraiding that I was hearing wrong.

"I said, It's not true.. do you believe it?" He asks me the same question like the last night, but this time with more confident. He bravely faces me, making eyes contact which make my heart beat faster all of sudden.

I'm about to open my mouth but shut back because I don't have a right word to say. I'm confused and shocked. I run my eyeballs away, uneasy with his stare. I glance at my phone that he is gripping now, after that I hear he makes a sigh.

"Do you want to know why I asked you to be my fake girlfriend?" He asks again and his stare never leave from my face. I look at him then give him a quick nod.

"Do you like me?" He asks me an unexpected question. I'm speechless.

"You said, you want to-" I'm about to protest.

"Answer me, Park KyungMi"' He cuts me off with showing me his serious face.

"No, I never like you!" I start to get angry, who is he to force me. 

He laughs a little by my reaction. My gaze flame at it. 

"That's why I asked you to be my fake girlfriend because you don't like me." He simply mutters, drawing back his gaze to the flowers.

I frown again.

Aish, Is he trying to play with me.?

"What the hell, Daehyun? Can you just straight to the point? I'm tired with your mysterious." I bluntly say. annoying.

"Look, like I've said, It's not true.. about what you've just read in the message." He pauses for a second then look into my eyes again.

"Only if you know, the girls in this school totally drive me crazy. I can't breath properly as long as I'm being here. Wherever I go, there is always the random girl will disturb me. They are annoying me. I don't understand, they are also willing to give me their  because of desire to be my boyfriend." He adds. I grunt due to his words.

Seriously, What on earth with them? I never know his life will be like this. I just notice that I've not known him well. I feel bad all of sudden.

"I'm tired, really tired. How I wish I were life free like the way my friends do. It's supposed to be a guy enchant the girl not otherwise." He pinches his head a little. 

Suddenly I feel pity on him. It must be hard for him which I never thought about.

"Do you believe me?" He asks. I remain silent.

He smiles upon earning no answer from me again.

"When I found out that you are the first girl never like me, I was confused and at the same time I was happy. I'm so sorry because I'm using you but I really need your help for me to escape from this situation. Let them know that I have a girlfriend so that they won't bother me anymore" He adds again, hopefully I will believe him. 

He exactly wants me to put the trust on him.

"Don't worry, I do believe you" I sincerely say as give him a small smile.

"Really?" His face instantly bright up due to unblievable on what I just stating. I just found out that he's actually really cute. I blush as I give him a quick nod.

"Thank you, girlfriend" He softly says. I quickly look away, become red. 

"So, all will you do is be always stay beside me and show to them like we're a real couple" His voice grabs my attention back. I roll my eyes. here, old Jung Daehyun already come, ordering around. I make a face.

"By the way, the rules are still working" He casually adds as a smirk form no his mouth. I gasp loudly.

"What the-" I say but shut my mouth when he leans close to my face all of sudden. My eyes enlarge.

"What are you doing!?" I quickly back away as my heart almost skip a beat.

"Shhhhh.. There is a girl is looking toward us, she is my biggest fan." He explains and instantly grabs my waist to pull me closer to him, because I keep on leaning backward whenever he closes the gap between us. 

Luckily, I have my hand between us or maybe our chests might be touched to each other.

"So, girlfriend, this is the time to show them how good you are at acting." He whispers. I gulp down, I feel like my heart will burst out anytime.

"Sh-she still there?" Finally I manage to open my mouth to speak but my voice sounds a bit crack.

"Yes" He whispers and instantly using his other free hand, placing them to the back of my neck.

I get goosebumps immediately due to his random skinship.

"She is coming" He informs to me then make our face getting close. We act like we are kissing right now and this is really awkward !!

I can't breath properly.

His lip almost touches mine, If I make a move a little maybe we will having a kiss for real. I can feel his warm breath against my lips. I clench my palm into fist. 

'Mom, help me !!!' I cry out within my heart and I shut my eyes tightly, don't want to see our position now.

I'm startled when I feel something on my lips. Don't tell me

I shot my eye open and,

found out that Daehyun is using his thumb to put against my lip then he kisses his own thumb on the other side. To prevent our lips touch to each other. If someone looks at us, they might think we're kissing but in fact we are actually not. 

How genius he is.

After a few minutes, he releases me. I let out a sigh of relief. What the hell just happened just now?

"She's leaving" He softly says then look at me, who is trying to catch a breath.

I bite my lower lip when my heart still beats faster. I'm actually thankful that he didn't steal my first kiss.

"Don't worry, I'm not a guy who is like kissing someone easily" Daehyun honestly states, don't want me to have wrong idea.

I weakly nod.

"Y-You don't even have a first kiss with any guy yet?" He hesitantly asks. I'm startled by his question, running my gaze to him again.

"H-How did you know?" I didn't answer him instead ask him back.

"You looked nervous when.. when I leaned into you, I guess" Daehyun says again. My eyes wide.

"Really? I'm so sorry . I'm not good at acting. This is my first time too. I was nervous when your face getting close to me" I admit to him, and truly being honest.

"It's okay" Daehyun says then turn his head away.

"I was nervous too" He adds but in a low voice.

"What did you say?" I ask, I can't hear him clearly because he looks away while talking.

"What? I didn't say anything " He glances back to me . I narrow my eyes to him in suspicious then shrug.

"Let's go, I take you to your class" Daehyun quickly changed the topic then stand up from his seat, so do I. I follow him from behind.

I slowly touch my chest, I can hear my heart still thuds loudly.