Chapter 26

Love Is Confusing Me

 


 

Next day, School went really well as usual. Right after, the bell of school ring, I quickly keep all my book into my backpack before heading out from the class, didn't even care with the other students around me. 

A sigh escapes from my lips as I walk down into the hall in silence, passing some of the students. The students, especially the girls didn't give me the weird or disgust look anymore, seems like they swallow down the fact that I'm Daehyun girlfriend now, or maybe some of them are not. but the development seems a bit improved with issue about me and Jung Daehyun, the famous one in the school. 

Well, I've to admit it even they're not really like my relationship with Daehyun, They're not going really far, like laying their hands on me or hurting me like the way in the Drama always do. They just cursed me from a far and give me some disgust look. Youngmi? I really don't have any idea about her since she is Youngjae's sister. However, the attention to me not any longer than I thought and I'm so happy about that.

I stop walking when I realize that I'm already reaching the school's gate. I adjust my backpack which placed on both of my shoulders before resting my back against the gate. My eyeball automatic wanders around the area while waiting for someone to pop out. Then, my gaze go down to my feet as I playfully flick the ground. 

"Aish, Where is he?" I silently grunt on my spot as I didn't see Daehyun's face yet in my sight.

Suddenly a pair of shoes was placed in from of me which make me look up an instant. There is someone who I never expect to meet but still I form my lip into a thin smile.

"Hey," Myungsoo softly greets me, smiling.

"Hey," I response him back, my voice become low as if I was whispering to him.

"What are you doing here? aren't you supposed to go home now?" He says along with a frown on his face. 

I shake my head, then flash him a sincere smile "I'm waiting for Daehyun"

"Oh" He says as his facial expression change a little but he tries to cover it by show his smile to me.

"then, I will get going first" He casually says, earning my quick nod. He is about to turn around but stop then pay attention back to me. I frown when he still stands in front of me. Before I could ask him a question, he quickly shoves his hand into the pocket then let out something.

"Here." He reaches out his hand to me along the lollipop in his hand. My gaze fell immediately on the thing in front of me.

"Ah, it's okay , I don't need it" I quickly wave my hand in front of him, letting out a fake laugh to him. He bites his bottom lip before gently grab my hand then put the lollipop on my palm.

"Don't worry, you can take it. aren't we're friends?" He shows me his smile again. I remain silent for a while and hesitate to take it or not. I glance at him once again and earning his nod. 

"Thank you," I timidly say as pull back my hand from his.

"No problem" He brightly say then immediately turn around to walk away. All I can do is wave my hand to him as sending his figure with my eyes.

 

"Pin! Pin!"

 

 A loud sound startles me a bit as I tilt my head to the side, only found Daehyun's car near the gate, waiting for me. I instantly shove my lollipop in my pocket before jogging to his car. I hop into his car as take a seat on the passenger beside the driver.

"Why took you so long? You know how long I've been waiting for you?" I exclaim to him as glance at him once. Daehyun's gaze turns into me before opening his mouth.

"I've something to do earlier, so, I'm sorry. is it enough?" He lifts his eyebrow at me.

"Yeah..it is more than enough." I state as roll my a eyes a little.

"..or you want me to give you a kiss for the sign of forgiveness?" He suddenly asks which make me uneasy in my seat all of sudden. What the hell Daehyun!

"Hmm, girlfriend?" Daehyun teases me again as he blinks his eyes for me. What's wrong with him?!

"Stop it!" I say as push his cheek away, making his face turn in front. He can't help but laugh on his spot, amusing. I look away as stare out of the window beside me, blushing. I manage to take some breathe before a sigh escape from my lip. here again, he makes me feel something weird in the corner of my heart. 

"I only allow my real boyfriend to kiss me" I mumble with low voice. Seem like he has stopped already from laughing as he starts to drive his car away, on the road. 

We are on the way to my house and no one among us is bothering to let out any of voice. The silence is lingering around the car until we reach right in front of my house just in time. I bite my bottom lips, hesitation to face him or not.

"Thank you" I say and I know each time he'd sent me home, I always never get tired of saying him a thank you even he said that was no need to cause he just do this based of the rule that made by him.

"Hmm, before I go, can you give me a glass of water?" like usual, he will ignore my gratefulness and change the topic dramatically. I frown with his strange demand as stare at him weirdly. Daehyun turns his head to me when he hears nothings out from my mouth yet and catch me staring at him, questioningly.

"I need water for my throat" He shortly explains as clear his throat for a few times. his word finally process into my brain as I shake my head at him.

"that's the return for laugh at me earlier" I scoff, which make Daehyun stop immediately.

"Are you going to give me or not?" He asks, sounding serious in my ear. I grin at him.

"Wait here" I order then impatiently open the door car before jogging to my doorway. Daehyun gets off  from his car as he strolls to the doorway then wait there, crossing his hand over the chest. he just waits outside of my house. Right after I get into my house, I quickly stroll to the kitchen, wanting grab a glass of water.

Then, I walk out of the kitchen along with glass in my hand and about to across the living room. but out of the blue, my eye catches a familiar figure on the floor in my living room. I slowly walk to the person when I hear the sound of crying.

"Omma!" I shout, right after I figure out my mom who is the one crying on the floor. I instantly put the glass of water on the coffee table before pouncing to my mom direction, panic.

"Omma, What is wrong?" I hold both of her shoulders, making her facing me. I scan her red face for a moment and my heart starts pounding crazily into my chest.

"Kyungmi, is that you?" My mom suddenly says then violently hug me, tightly. I startle on my spot, one by one question come into my mind at this time.

"Finally you're here" My mom adds, my hand slowly encircles around her as I rub a little her back.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" I say, attempting asks her again.

"Your father, he said he wants to leave us" She begins to cry again as buries her face on my right shoulder, sobbing hardly. I froze in my spot, trying to catch what mom was talking about. I instantly release her body as make her facing me again.

"Why are you crying? just let him go wherever he wants. We're freedom now, Omma. he won't bother us again. is it that supposed to be a good new?" I start to cheer her up as forming my lip into a smile but my mom seems doesn't happy with it. she shakes her head, refusing with my word. her tears pour down again on her cheeks.

"You don't understand, Kyungmi. There is something truth that you don't know about. something truth your father has been hidden from you."  She suddenly reveals something that I don't understand. I look up to her, wanting more her explaination.

"To be honest, it was not your father who is the one hurting me. there were the gang that always came into our house to get the money back. The money your father had borrowed from them two years ago. that's why your father didn't live with us, he didn't want us to get hurt because he knows that they will come and find him sooner or later. He wanted to protect us from them, Kyungmi" she pauses and seems like her tears don't want to stop to pour down.

"but things was getting worth when they found out about our house and us which make they constantly come over here again and again, asking about your father. sometime they would use violence against me. Your father asked me to keep this from you, he doesn't want you to lost focus of your school. so, please don't say like that again to your father." she adds again while I speechless on my spot, being dumb all of sudden.

"No, you must be lying" I suddenly shake my head, my chest go up and down, hardly to breath for a second. she tries to reach out for me but I jerk away before speak again."I-I can't believe this.."

"No kyungmi, I'm not lying. It's all true" She retorts, trying to assure me. I let out a grunt.

"Then, Why he kept asking me for money?!" I raise my voice for the first time. I run my fingers through my bangs in frustration. She glances at me in sadness.

"Listen sweetheart, your father did that on purpose" She cries again before continuing. "J-Just in case to make sure you weren't suspicious anything. He just manipulated the situation by asking you the money.. He didn't want you to figure out about the gang who is chasing after him right now.. and so did the gang, who can't know that you're his daughter."

I remain silent.

"Kyungmi-ah, please go stop your father. he said he will go far from here." My mother starts to beg again as shake both of my shoulders, hopely. it takes me about a few minutes before I aware of the reality all of a sudden and stand up immediately. I don't know what kind of expression should've I show right now. there is nothing, absolutely nothings instead blank face. 

Without thinking twice, I quickly make my way to the door again, forgetting about a glass of water on the table. I run out and found Daehyun beside my door.

"Yah, Why-" before he could finish his word, I instantly strike his right hand then bring him to his car.

"Yah, what's wrong? where is my water?" Daehyun says right after both of us get into the car, a bit confuse with my action. He nudges my arm to grab my attention since I keep looking forward, unmoving in my spot.

"Please drive, as fast as you can" I suddenly exclaim, sounding a bit cold but I don't care anymore. Daehyun starts to frown with my weird behavior but then he starts the engine and obediently drive his car away, not asking anymore.

"Where are we going?" Daehyun asks as break the silence, his eye didn't leave either of the road in front of him. I ignore him and immediately let out my phone from the pocket then start to dial the number of my father. I put the phone near my ear and wait for a moment but he doesn't pick up at all. A loud grunt escape from my lip and I can tell that Daehyun glance at me, curiously. 

I try to call him again and this time someone's voice echoes through the line just in time. "Kyungmi?"

I remain silent as staring in front of me.

"I know this is you, right? haha, how are you?" he says again which make me grip my phone hardly.

"I hate you" finally, I open my mouth and spit the word that I'm not mean to. He laughs again.

"I know," he slowly admits.

"Why you didn't tell me?! Why are you doing this to me!? you know how stupid I am, keep blaming on you!!!" I shout, releasing all my guilt. Ignoring the person beside me. I can't hold this anymore as I eventually let my tears pours down against my cheeks.

"So,that's why you suddenly came to my school and met me, you just wanted to say goodbye, right?" I bite my bottom lip, and wait for my father to say something but he is not.

"Appa.. don't go" I say again and my voice seems calm a little than before. My tears fall down again on my cheeks.

"Please don't go.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" I lower my head down, hiding my sadness.

"I'm sorry. for being rude to you.. I'm not a good daughter.. please let me fix it back.." I start to beg, wiping the tears that keep appearing.

"Kyungmi, I'm really sorry, I can't. I have to go.. that's the only way to keep you and your mother safe.. I'm really sorry" My father tries to sedate me. I shake my head, frustrating.

"Where are you now? I want to see you" suddenly I demand for him. There is silent again, seem like he doesn't want to tell me.

"Please appa..I really want to see you..please let me know, where are you now," I beg again for him. I can hear he makes a heavy sigh through the line.

"I'm in the ........... station. but you only have ten minutes from now before the train move." my father eventually gives up as give me the information.

"Ten minutes? How am I going to be there in ten minutes? impossible." I complain and begin to cry again. 

"Let leave it to fate, Kyungmi" He says in low voice then hang up the phone without hearing my next word. I quickly turn my head to Daehyun then ask him to take me to the station where my father is right now.

"But we have to return back since we took the opposite way." He states to me.

"Then, what are you waiting for, just return.!" I nearly shout to him, almost can't control my feelings. He seems not to bother with my almost rude word instead he spins the steering an instant which make him almost hit the other cars. 

 

 .....

 

Right after Daehyun park his car in the parking lot, no need to wait for him to shut the engine instead I quickly get out of his car, then run to the direction where the people wait for their train to come over. Daehyun blinks on his spot when he founds out that I'm not any longer in my seat.

"This girl" he silently hisses. he looks at his wristwatch before sighing on his spot.

"We've been late about 5 minute"

.....

 

I run downstairs and notice that there is no train anymore to be found. I start to panic as call out my father around the area.

"Appa! Appa! I'm here already.." I exclaim as try to find him, if he is still there.

"Appa! " I keep walking back and forth like lost people. I must meet him!, Then a few minutes passed, but I still can't see a figure of my father yet. it makes me start to feel scared. scared that my father will truly leave me for real.

At the moment, my phone vibrate in my pocket once, to show that I've got a message from someone. my movement stop immediately and my hand slowly shoves into the pocket. I let out my phone with my shaking hand then start to read them.

 

from;- Appa

"This is our fate, we will meet again, daughter. please take care of your mom and yourself"

 

My phone drop from my hand along with myself on the cold floor. I can't help but burst out my tears an instant. I begin to cry as cover my face with both of my palms. don't even care to the crowd around me who already laid their eyes on me.

"Appa!" I cry out, calling my father again and again. didn't want to believe the fact that my father already leave me, leave us. How am I going to tell my mother about this.

Seem like my tears don't want to stop instead burst like water. Why must this happened to me? is it this my fate too?

Suddenly someone gently puts his hand on my shoulder, wanting grab my attention. I'm a bit startle with his skinship and hope that the person is my father but I'm totally wrong when I look up and found only Daehyun behind me, staring down at me with narrow eyes.

"Hey, get up, people are staring!" Daehyun carefully says.

I slowly clenches my fists when hearing his words.

 

How dare he only care about people around him but not me? I silently thought 

Then I realize why should've he cares about me? there is no reason for him to do so. Then, why I always makes myself being a stupid again? stop it Kyungmi!

"Leave me alone," my voice sound cold, as cold as ice all of sudden. 

"Let's go I take you home" He ignores my demand and trying to make me up on my feet. but I quickly push off his hand away, a bit rough.

"Please go away, leave me alone.. I don't need your sympathy at all" I horinzontally say to him, then I hear he makes a snort, probably frustration with me.

"Fine, do whatever you want. this is what you want, right?" He starts to piss off with my behavior as turn around then walk away, leaving me alone. didn't even bother to turn his head toward me even once. 

My tears pour down again on my cheeks when I saw he leaves me for real "He actually did" I mumble.

"Stupid Daehyun!" I exclaim.

I slowly make myself up then weakly walk to nearby bench before rest my on it. I lift both of my legs up then hug my knee tightly. crying silently on my spot until my phone ring again in my hand. I uninterested answer the call, didn't even look at the caller ID.

"Yoboseyo" My voice sound crack in my ear and I can tell that the person hear my voice well too.

"Kyungmi, what happens? why are you crying?" He concernedly asks as he always does.

"Youngjae-ah" I begin to sob again, unable to talk the next word.

"Hey, hey, please don't cry.. Where are you now? I will go get you. wait for me to come, ok?" Youngjae pleads me but I quickly hang up the phone, refusing to tell him. I don't want to involve him into my problem. he had done many things to me.

I start to stand up and slowly walk away, leaving the place. My walk seems weak and horrible as I make my way out from the place. Today is not my lucky day, when I found out that the rain already pour down to earth, hardly. The sound of the rain, didn't give me the peace into my soul at all. I make a quiet sigh before continue walk down to the street, letting the heavy rain pour into my body with no mercy.

There is nobody walk around here, seem like all of them already found the safe place to avoid from being wet. I pick the empty hall then slowly stroll toward there but at the moment my feet seem like can't balance my body again as I quickly find the wall to support me. I rest my back against the wall while looking up to the sky, ignore the heavy rain against my face.

"Am I going to die?" I mumble, wiping my face with my palm.

The second thing, I already sit on the ground. my condition absolutely weak. I instantly wrap myself with my hand when the whole of my body start to feel cold. my lips start to shake for the coldness. I'm about to shut my eyes when suddenly a pair of hand lifts me up and bring me into his chest. I look up to at the person. My sight gets blurred since the rainwater cover my eye as well but I still could recognize the person's face who lift me like a bridal style.

"Put me down" I still manage to say even my condition seems nasty and my voice becomes slower. I grip his wet shirt then the next thing, my sight become dark as I passed out into his hand just in time.

"How come you can still be stubborn with your condition right now?" He scolds, already done with his so-called 'fake girlfriend'.

 

 


 

I have nothing to say -.-

bye,