Chapter 43

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

 


The image he has talked to me a week ago still fresh in my mind. That’s also the last time he bravely to let out his previous voice to me then he becomes himself again afterward, being cold as always. However, I can't deny it that in the bottom of my heart feels slightly happy due his concerned, I mean he just concerned to my father. but still I can feel those feelings when he talked to me with his sweet voice.

To anyone, it’s just a normal thing but for me it’s the best moment I was waiting for. And also, I’ve noticed this past week, whenever I was with Youngjae he also would stuck along with us. Like, seriously, his presence somehow make me feel uneasy and insecure. Why not, when his eyes always on me as if I was something interesting to be watch.

He becomes odd lately.

I quickly shake my head, throwing the thought away immediately. The dim of moonlight beautifully fill up all over my room’s space. Such a giving me a feeling of peaceful in me. For a moment, I make a heavy sigh while my eye keeps on staring at the ceiling above me. I lay on my back in my soft bed and both of my hands spread comfortable in both of my sides.

 The night is still young for me to go to bed since the clock show currently 8.35 pm. Since tomorrow it’s going to be weekend, I’m not bothering much to sleep early like I normally do. It’s just regular life for me.

 From my bedroom , I could clearly hear my mom is tidying up everything that only god know from downstairs. How many time I’ve told her to just get rest but she is too stubborn. In my house only both of us live here, so no one probably gets the house become mess unless I really have a younger brother or sister that around aged 4 or 5 years. Well, that is going to be another case. So, don’t bother it.

I slowly push up my body then make myself to sitting position. Staying for a moment before I make myself off the bed. I lazily stroll to the door then twist the knob door of my bedroom. I want to make a simple check on my mother as I approach the staircase. Carefully, I make myself down with step down one by one along the stairs.

At the end of the stairs, I could see my mom is ready to get out from our house by putting her warm jacket around her body.

“Omma, Where are you going?” I walk to her direction with slightly frown. She flinches on her spot as turn around instantly. Seeing my figure make her smile a little.

“I want to go to the grocery store” She softly says.

“why?” I childishly ask, blinking a bit my eyes. My mom can’t help but chuckle at my rare attitude, shaking her head in amused.

“I want to make a dinner for us but apparently there is nothing in our fridge” She shortly explains to me, turning around to face the door again.

“I won’t take that long, ok?” She is about to open the door but I quickly interrupt her right away.

“Wait!!” I take a few step again toward her then quickly remove her jacket. She is a bit startled at my action.

“Kyungmi-ah, What are you doing?” She tries to snatch her jacket  back but being fast of me, I hide them behind my back. I bite my lower lip before pulling her hand then bring her to the couch in the living room. I slightly force her to sit onto the one of the couch with a smile. Her face completely reveal a confused expression as her lip apart as if she want to say something.

“I will go, and Omma stay here, neh?” I cut off her intention to speak up, staring in her weary eyes.

“No, No.. you stay home, I can handle it by myself Kyungmi-ah.” She begins to protest. She is about to get up but I hold both of her shoulders immediately, pushing her  down again.

“Omma, it’s okay, I will go” I speak with soft way. She glances up at me and for a moment she become soften. She ends up nodding her head, giving up.

I secretly smile.

I perfectly know my mother , she really doesn’t want to burden me at all. Until sometime her own problem I couldn’t ever figure out by myself and I feel bad because of that. She always showing herself a good side of mother to me, perhaps refused me to see her weakness. Despite she is the one take care of me, she never complain anything about how hard for herself to raise me alone.

She either didn’t definitely put a blame on my father since the situation force our life been like this way. Just thinking about that make me feel more guilt and useless for blaming my father a long time ago.

I clear once my throat when I feel a little hot on my eyes. I focus again to my mother.

“You write down the list for the item while I go changing myself for a while” I say with a teasing wink, earning a quick nod from her and lovely chuckle. I grin then begin to run to upstairs, making my way to my bedroom again.

I changed myself into a simple one then tie up my hair into a ponytail. Before I go out of my room, I manage to grab the thick cardigan that hang on my chair. I go downstairs then approach my mom who is sitting at the dinning table. Seem like she has done make the list for me to buy later. Upon noticing my figure, she hands me the list and I give her a quick peck on the cheek.

“Be careful” She nearly shout, when I’m in hurry put my sandal on right in front of the doorway.

“Neh, don’t worry” I open the door and quickly to be greeted by the night wind. I shut for a moment my eyes to feel the cozy wind softly hit my whole face. My lip forms into a wide smile.

“This is good!” I mutter, putting on my cardigan on my body then begin to walk down to the path in silence. To be honest, The grocery store placed isn’t that far from my house, it only takes about  fifteen minutes to reach over there. So, that’s the reason too for me to have a lack of fear to go over there at this night.

I silently breath out due to the cold wind gently brushing over me, sending me shiver a little.

After taking a short walk, The place could visible from here. I quickly approach over there before getting inside the store. I take the basket that available for buyer  then stroll around the area. For a moment,  I hang the basket in my left arm as I let out a small piece of paper that my mother gives me a while ago.

For about ten minutes, I almost done get all the items that I need inside the basket. As I’m concentrating choose the last item, suddenly I hear the sound of something fall down to the cold floor not really far from me. I finch in my spot affected by the sound and immediately look to my side. Only to find a cup of ramen perfectly land to the floor.

I look up at the person who already stay froze in his spot. For a second, I gasp at sight in front of me, didn’t expect him to be here too.

“Myungsoo!” my eye widen. But his kind of facial expression totally different with mine when he only lets out a sigh of relief instead. He grins to me then bend down to pick up the thing.

“Hey kyungmi, I didn’t expect we would meet here” He states then approach me. In his hand have six cups of ramen as he cuddles them in his chest, prevent them to fall again.

“Ugh.. Me too, anyway, wanna help? “ I show him my basket, offering him to put all The Ramen for a while.

.....

We both go out from the grocery store with the plastic bags in our hand. I’m about to walk away but Myungsoo prevents me right away.

“Let’s walk together.” He kindly says,

“Eh” I look up at him, frowning. I thought he’d come with a car. Realizing my confusion, he starts to speak up again.

“Exactly, I come from my friend’s house and they asked me to buy them this” He explains while showing me the ramen he bought earlier. I nod in understanding even slightly not sure about that.

“..and his house not really far from your” he adds,

Now I entirely understand the situation as I silently grit my teeth , For a moment, I let out a nervous laugh.

“Then, let’s go” I casually say.

I look at my phone to check the time, it’s show 10 pm. I frown as I notice around us quite empty and silent and at the same time I can’t find any of people walk pass by. Weird, where is everyone go?

I keep back my phone then stole a glance at Myungsoo. After we leave the store a while go, he didn’t talk afterward and just keep silent on his spot. The atmosphere around us a bit awkward as both of us calmly walk through the alleyway. I can feel our hand keeps brushing to each other and for a moment, I shift to the side a little, making the space for my hand to swing freely without brushing against his again. It just makes me feel uncomfortable.

“Erm.. Kyungmi” He suddenly breaks the ice between us. I flinch a little at his sudden voice since I’m in my deep thought as always.

“Y-yeah?” my voice sound not right as I bite down my lip, without ever facing him.

“Do you still love Daehyun?” He takes such a long time to ask me and not to mention I’m a bit freak at his unexpected question. Bluntly, those kind of question almost make me choke on my saliva. Only one thing I’m thinking right now.

Is he really put a big hope on me?

I press my lip together, a bit clueless how to give him an answer. Seem like I’m in deep dilemma with myself and my mouth never give a sign for me to open it. At the moment either, I feel my voice can’t even reach my throat. What am I going to say to him? I never tell anyone about my true feeling except Youngjae.

I’m about to open my mouth but shut it back when the two guys jump out from nowhere in front us all of sudden. Our step instantly stop at the unexpectedly two presences. There is two mask guys completely block our way. They are wearing all in black and since the place pretty dark, it makes us so hard to see them clearly.

I have a bad feeling and they greet my heart right away. The some part of me saying that these two seem like the thugs. I grip the plastic bag in horror as I shift to Myungsoo, hoping that I’m going to be safe if I get near him. Myungsoo notices my facial expression has changed a bit and he also feel the same way like mine.

“Yah, Move!” Myungsoo voiced up at the two males in front of us. They start to burst into laugh in amusing. I secretly cringe at their creepy loud as my heart races rapidly under my chest.

 “We aren’t going to move until you give us everything you have” The one of them begins to speak up upon his laugh gone. Now, both of them stare deadly to our direction with serious face. Myungsoo grabs my hand then mention me to hide somewhere. I quickly shake my head, refused to listen to him. I’m too scared right now, very scared. At the same time I don’t want to leave him either.

Myungsoo just makes a small sigh at my stubbornness  before facing the thugs again, curling up his lip in the corner “How about no?”

He bravely says and earning a hiss from one of them.  At the end, The thugs begins to piss off with us, absolutely with Myungsoo himself. Seeing the way Myungsoo gives a smirk to them have made their souls shake up in anger. He just challenged them. But for me he is in trouble now.

For a moment, the one who seems like older than another one, have given a simple gesture with his eyes. Upon noticing their interaction and how he smirks back to Myungsoo. Something hit him and the second things, I already on the ground because being pushed by Myungsoo all of a sudden. The bag plastic I’ve been held just now being thrown around the ground.

I groan hardly at the sudden action as I look up immediately only to found the one of them start to attack Myungsoo. Before his fist fly to his handsome face, Myungsoo quickly kicks his stomach until his body hit the ground instantly. The male let out a groan like the way I did earlier. The older hardly hisses on his spot. He gives one last glance at his friend before attacking Myungsoo without any warning.

Myungsoo who seems didn’t get a chance to prepare anything, has been punched right on his cheek. I scream in shock at the scene in front of me as I quickly cover my mouth with my palm. Myungsoo knocked down over the ground and for a moment he feels the weight onto his stomach. He struggle to peek up and found the thug has sit on his body.

“This is what you get when you dare to talk back to us” He mutters, gritting he teeth. His hand start to shove inside Myungsoo’s pocket then let out his purse. He opens the purse and smile widely when the money greet his sight instantly and before he could take them, Myungsoo gathers all his energy then roughly push the male away from his body. For a moment, he replaced him as he gets the top of him then begins throwing his fist hardly on his face again and again. He manages to take off his mask either.

I squeeze tightly my eye shut, unable to see what is happening in front of me. I’m not sure too whether this is reality or I’m having a nightmare right now. when I open my eye back, My eye instantly land to the another thug who seems like letting out something from his pocket. For a second , my eye become big due to the sight of the glint of the small knife.

His eyes keep on staring at Myungsoo’s figure and I can sense what is he thinking now.

“MYUNGSOO, WACTH OUT!” before Myungsoo could ever manage to look behind him, suddenly the male stabs him right inside his stomach. I didn’t scream at all instead stay froze in my spot, didn’t believe my sight. The older pushes Myungsoo away before getting up off the ground, he also reveal a shock face at the scene. He glances to his friends in frustration.

“Yah, We come for money, not killing the people!!” The older shouts at the male. For him, this is just out from their plan.

“I-I didn’t mean, Hyung” The boy stutter right away as he throws the knife on the ground. He glances at his so-called hyung in fright. The hyung quickly runs his hand through his hair, getting confused.

“Aish, Let’s go. RUN!” That’s all he managed to say to the poor boy. They hurriedly leave the alley way afterward, completely leaving me and Myungsoo over here.

When their figures disappearing from my sight, I crawl down toward Myungsoo who is lying down on the ground while his hand keep on holding his deep wound on his stomach. I reach to him as I sit beside his body.

“W-wait, Don’t move, I-I will call someone”  I quickly give him a warning when I saw he is struggling to get up. I let out my phone immediately and when I’m about to touch the screen my fingers tremble badly until so hard for me to tap the each button of that. I dial Youngjae’s number and wait for him to pick up, but there only left me to hear the long tone. I try once again

“Please don’t shut your eye, stay awake!” I quickly remind to Myungsoo who seems breathless and his eye slowly become more tiny.

“Pick up your phone, Youngjae! Pleaseee..” I still can’t call him after a few times have a try. and what the hell he is doing now!? I mentally curse in my heart. Then, I end up give up as I remove my phone away from my ear. I look down at Myungsoo and found him already blackout

Being fright I am, I start to panic. I slowly pat Myungsoo’s cheek, asking him to wake up but there still nope of response come from him. At those moments, only one name pop out into my mind right now. I quickly grab my phone again then dial the person’s number, Luckily, I’ve memorized it before.

He didn’t take such a long time to pick up the line upon I hear his voice greet me first, “Yoboseyo”

.....

The atmosphere around the corridor completely dead silence and since the time almost turns into midnight, there is not quite many people in this hospital. Sometime, some nurses would walk through this corridor and seems like they are not that busy now. A while ago, right after we reached here, Myungsoo immediately admitted to the emergency room by the nurse and based on the condition of how deep his cut was, I bet they perhaps would have a minor surgery on him.

I patiently wait in the corridor and I’m look a bit calmer than before. The scene of incident earlier still hunt me slowly but the fear gradually fade away when the time goes by. Weird, My tears didn’t even out from my eyes since the beginning and I don’t know why.

Sighing, there are available seats for the guest. but Instead of taking a seat, I rather stand against the wall calmly. The air around the corridor a bit tense when I stand there not all alone but there still a person  here with me. To be honest, I’m a bit shock to the fact he still here. I almost thought he already leave this place after helping me but I’m utterly wrong.

Both of us quietly stand by our own track cause he is standing opposite with me, leaning his back against the wall while his gaze entirely glued to the ground. I do the same like him, for a moment I glance up at him. I’m still in doubt and not quite sure why he still wait here. Maybe he really concerned about Myungsoo.

There is about a few minutes the silent take over us. When no one between us dare to utter a word. for a moment I breathe out, giving up. I think I should say something because I’ve involved him into this situation. When I recall back, I supposed to call an ambulance instead but I know in those moments, my brain couldn’t function properly due to the unforgettable situation I’ve been in.

I glance up to Daehyun again with the corner of my eyes, clearing my throat once.

 “T-Thank you for helping me and..” I pause when I notice he shifts a bit, completely putting much weight on the wall. “..I’m sorry for disturbing you again” I add.

I’ve realized, I’m such a troublesome to him, lately. I secretly make a small sigh then wait for his response but there are nope. I bite the corner of my bottom lip in uneasy when he is still in the same position and his gaze never leave from the ground either. For a moment, I saw he slowly pushes away his body from the wall and start to walk away.

“Why take you so long to let out your voice..” He secretly mumbles.

My shoulders slump due to his cold attitude. I don’t get it why, not in a single bit. My gaze slowly follow his back figure who is walking down through the empty corridor, leaving me alone.

Upon his shadow slowly disappears between the junction. I turn my head in front again as shut tightly my eyes. I weakly press my head to the wall behind me, letting out a heavy sigh.

“I still love you, Daehyun..” I slowly mutter.

“This feeling has got deepen until.. until hard for me to erase you..” At the last, my tears softly flow down on my cheeks.

He doesn't know, how much I miss him even I’m not sure he feels the same way like me or not. He doesn’t know how suffer I am acting like he is a stranger, endure it everything that turbulent under my chest. it hurts. It hurts like hell that no one know. For some point, I really wanted him to know how I feel toward him. I wanted to reveal everything to him so that he can know how hurt for someone to have this kind of feeling.

In this situation, I supposed to cry for Myungsoo now but instead I cry for someone else.

 

 


 

I hope this story will be complete as soon as possible..