Chapter 41

Love Is Confusing Me

 

When I said act him as a stranger, it means I would ignore him and not more than that. I mean, erase him isn't coming yet in my mind. I never thought that way even I know that was the best way to escape from the pain. Since the day, I make myself more busy than before like focus to the upcoming exam for next month.

I decided to hold in for a while my feeling and just start giving an extra attention to my final exam instead. This year is almost end, so why not I make my grade become more great than last year.

I just finished meeting with Mrs, Han, our math teacher and about to make my way to the washroom but an vague voice interrupt me immediately. I turn around and found Youngmi runs to my way while my name escape from her lip.

"Yah Kyungmi, where did you go? I tried to find you everywhere you know!' She nearly shouts and try to breathe properly. I blink in my spot and about to tell her.

"Ah, never mind, there is something more important than this" She cuts me off hastily and grab my wrist all of sudden.

"Eh?" I frown and soon I feel my body has been dragged to the opposite direction by Youngmi. Her grip into my wrist slowly become tight as her face brightens unusually. The frown grows deepen on my face due to her sudden yet weird action at the moment.

In the middle of walking, I froze my feet and make her stop dragging me instantly. I pull my hand back from her then look up. I’m still in clueless state.

"I don't think I can't follow you, I still have a lot of things to do" I honestly say, showing her an apologize expression. It’s true, I’ve a few Math questions I haven’t solved it. She turns around to face me before let out a whine sound.

"What? Nooo... It's not take that long anyway. We still have haft an hour before the class start. " She pouts and I giggle at her. I shake my head.

"I can't, next time, ok?" I plead.

"Oh, come on. I want to show you something interesting" she whines again as stick out her bottom lip. I roll my eyes at her childishness and decide to ignore her.

I turn around immediately and about to walk away but Youngmi spins me around back while placing her hand on both of my shoulders.

She have no option but push my body forward by herself. I’m about to protest but then she interrupting me again. "I swear, you will like it" she excitedly said.

I give up and make a small sigh, just letting her pushing me from behind. My feet obediently follow whenever she leads me.

"You can't keep pushing yourself into studying" She remarks all of sudden, sounding a bit concerned​ in her tone. I only press my lip together and just let those words go through my brain.

I don’t have any idea where she take me until I saw a few of students gather in front of the notice board that placed not really far from the locker place. I try to read their expression, some of them are screaming in joy while some just take a quick look at the notice then leave the place, not quite interesting. I shrug but I still curious what are they looking at.

Youngmi stops pushing me as take my hand again, heading to the notice board. I still keep quiet as follow her step drowsily. When we reach to the board place, she shoo immediately the students who is blocking the board.

“Excuse me, can you move?” They didn’t say anything instead give us the space to take a look. She pushes me right in front of the board then mention me to read a piece of the note that perfectly hang on the board. It seems barely hang in the board. I blink for a moment before taking some breath.

“A special school trip to.. Busan?” I read a bit loud with slightly frown. Youngmi chuckles at me who reads like a kid then give a quick nod. I take off my eye from the note then glance up to Youngmi.

“So, this is what you want to tell me about?” I ask her, expressionless. She nods again before speak up.

“Yup, awesome, right?” Her eyes suddenly sparkle due to excitement.

I remain silent then turn to glance at the note again. My eye goes left to the right, silently reading each word that was written on it. This trip is arranged by our school supervisor and also is open to anyone who is interested, whether to the seniors or juniors but available​ for thirteen only.​There, hang another piece of paper for students to fill up the name on it. My eyes land at the payments for the trip and the second thing, I almost choke on my saliva.

It's stated that the payments is for bus fare​ and accommodation​ at the Busan. My shoulders slump immediately, to be honest, I never go there and secretly wonder what kind of place Busan is but seeing the payments we'd should pay, make me feel down dramatically.

“How about we join it?” Youngmi cheer’s voice interrupted my thought all of sudden, I tilt my head to glance at her who is standing beside me with her eyes glued on the board. silently, I let out a sigh.

"I don't want to go." I state as swallow hard my saliva. I want so bad..but well.. I stare back at the paper for people to fill the name. There have just two name on it and the rest still empty.

"What? but I want to go.." She starts to whine again, turning to face me fully.

"Then, you go without me" I didn't mean to say like that, but I really can't.. it's not like I don't want. but the payment prevents me as well. I'm not that rich girl like her. I don't even want to burden my mom.

"but,-but.. I want to go with you, Kyungmi" She sounds a bit disappointed but try to endure it. Suddenly she catches my right hand and hold it tightly with both of her hand since she stands to my right side.

"Please... Let's go there together. Let's create our memories one as friends" she shakes her own body to the left and the right while stomping her feet​ on the ground, acting more like a kid. plus, with a whine and pouts. She swings my right hand back and forth, I can't help but laugh at her childish side.

"Yah, where did you learn that?" I ask in amusing, earning a long whine from her in return.

"Don't change the topic!"She hardly groans before starting to plead again. "kyungmi.. I beg you so badly right now.. please come with me. This trip is after our final exam so we can at least release our tension when we get over there" She is hardly trying to convince​ me.

"Youngmi, I never saw you study before, so where on earth the tension come from?" I simply say with intention​ to , but the girl seems take that as serious one and her face starts to go down.

"Kyungmi.." She stops moving dramatically, staring deep into my eyes  I remain silent as look at the board again, my eyes instantly land to the payment that written in the end of the paper. I take a deep breath before open my mouth.

"Fine, I'll think about it since I have to ask permission to my mom first" and maybe ask for money too.

"Really!?" She nearly shout as her face bright all of sudden. Upon earning my quick nod, she quickly pulls my body into an embrace​ with slightly jump.

"It's ok, I will wait for it" Her voice seem like on the cloud nine.

......

Two days has passed, I still didn't give a single answer yet to Youngmi. To be honest, two day ago, I've tried to talk with my mom about it, but seeing she sat at the dining table while staring blankly at the bill which makes me cancel my intention​ instantly. My guts gradually fades away until I shut my mouth tightly, didn't dare to voice out anything.

Sighing, I think I highly give Youngmi a hope and indirectly​ makes me in a huge guilt. I'm now in dilemma for the situation and I don't know how to handle it. it's real hard.

"Noona!!" A voice interrupting my thought. I'm a bit flinch as my shoulders lift up immediately. I stop from walking then blink my eyes twice and to be greeted by two figures who already stand in front of me.

"You almost ran into us" His voice greet my eardrum again. I look up to get a better look.

"Zelo, what are you doing here?" The shock face completely written on my face before I notice Jongup stand next to him "..and Jongup too?"

They start to chuckle in unison at my confused state. My cheek suddenly feels hot of embarrassment​. I grip my book into my chest, putting my calm face instead.

"We just finished grab our lunch" Zelo simply states, smiling. I give a cozy smile in return then three of us begins to walk forward through the hallway. Zelo in the middle while me and Jongup walk both of his side.

"It's been a long time we didn't meet each other, Noona" Zelo seems like more talkative than Jongup when I found out he only calmly smile beside the tall figure.

"Yea, kind of" I slowly admit with a horizontal​ tone in my voice . Zelo presses his lip together.

"Noona." Zelo call me all of sudden, I just give him a short 'hum'.

"You and Daehyun Hyung.." Zelo couldn't finished his wold when Jongup suddenly elbows his rib, signaling sort of warning. I secretly smile at both of them, I didn't blame him though. For a moment, I hear both of them start to whisper to each other before Zelo turns back to look at me.

"I'm sorry, Noona, but are we still can be friends?" He bluntly asks, his face full of hope.

"Of course!" I tilt my head to him then smile again. I glance at Jongup once, seem like he also happy with my answer. 

"Assa! Noona Jang!" Zelo become childish for a moment, I just shake my head in amused.

"By the way, Jongup-ah" I peek through Zelo's body to meet Jongup eyes on the other side. he seems to do the same like me. How funny, when I figure out the Maknae is taller than us.

"Are you same age with me right?" I politely asks, earning a quick nod from the male.

"Have you prepared yet for this upcoming exam?" I straighten my body back upon noticing how awkward Zelo was in this kind of position. I calmly look forward while waiting from the male's answer.

"Not yet" He finally lets out his voice.

"Oh I see, How about we do revision​ together?" I simply give him a suggestion. He seems hesitate as I start to talk again.

"We should ask Youngmi to join us too, Aish that girl, I'll going to force her no matter what" I grit my teeth, then something hit me "Ah, aren't you same class with her? am I right?"

There is silence for a moment before Jongup timidly nods again, I'm starting to get frustrated by his overly shyness. "Jongup please, you're acting like I'm older than you" I remark and hiss on my spot. Zelo burst into laugh at my blunt comment. 

"I think you should date Youngmi, since she is noisiest in the world and she can teach you how to be a lack of shyness, I suppose" I let out a nonsense idea, for teasing him. I notice Jongup's ears is turning red all of sudden Before Zelo interrupts us.

"Noona, How do you know that Jongup hyung li-" Once again, he couldn't finish his word when his mouth abruptly​ been covered by Jongup's palm. I look at them weirdly while giving them a suspicious look​. Jongup nervously laughs before grinning at me, showing his white teeth.

"Ok, I agree. Let's do it together, since I should improve my grade." Jongup accepted my suggestion eventually. I blink for a while before smile "Great"

Jongup removes his palm from zelo's mouth then let out a heavy sigh. He straighten his body then immediately turn into shy Jongup again. I only manage to shake my head at his weird side.

I turn my head to the side and notice the board again. my step stop instantly and let Zelo and Jongup keeps walking forward without me. Zelo founds out that I'm not longer beside him as he turns his head over his shoulder immediately.

"Noona, what are you doing over there,?!" Zelo shouts from a far as his voice echoes around the air. I turn my head in front "It's okay, you guys can go first. I have something to do!" I raise my voice too.

"Okay, see you around, Noona" He waves his hand and I mirror him too. I watch both of them walk away before their figure gone to the stairs. I breathe out then facing the board in front of me. My eyes land to the paper for the name and found out the empty space already been filled by ten names. From the top, I read their name one by one, and when I reach the last name, My heart begins to beat crazily under my chest. My eyes grow big didn't expect at all the person has interested to join in. I read the name for quite some time​.

Jung Daehyun

I found myself stays froze in my spot while my eyes keep staring at the certain name, hardly to believe. For a moment a voice interrupts me,

"it's not surprising though, Busan is his hometown after all" Youngjae states while his eye focus at the same paper I'm staring now. I turn my head to look at his figure, who is standing next to me with both of his hands inside his pockets. I silently press my lip together, didn't know how to response.

Youngjae turns to look at me right away upon realizing no word come out from my mouth. 

"Are you not going?" He gently asks. I lift up my head before open my mouth.

"No, maybe." I breath out. 

"Ok then" He simply smile at me, suddenly his hand reaches a pen that sticks out between the books I'm holding before taking them in his hand.

"Are-are you going?" I quickly ask when I notice he is about to write his name onto the paper. For a moment, he didn't answer since he is busy filling up his name.

"Well, it's sound interesting, so why not. plus, I can accompany​ Daehyun" He placed back a pen on my book, smiling. "By the way, Thanks for the pen" He mutters.

"I should go now, see you around" He messes my bangs playfully, then leave me blinking in my spot. Without waiting for my answer.

 

......

"Ouch ouch ouch! Yah, let go of my ear !!  It's freaking hurt you know !!! " Youngmi's voice reaches high pitch when her left ear has been dragged by me. I'm too angry until I ignore her groan on purpose. I pull her which is not that rough, leading toward the board place. I thought this morning would be calm as I imagined but I was utterly wrong when I saw something make me boil up instantly, and I know there was no one should I point out other than Yoo Youngmi. Only her bravery to do that.

"What is this, Youngmi? what is this?!" I nearly shout as I breathe in and out in a furious state. My index finger point to the paper that already almost full with the students names and my name was counted in too. I don't give a damn if her name on it but why on earth my name also been written after hers?

I let go of her ear upon noticing they start to turn into red. She whines shortly before her eyes land to the paper I'm pointing. form into 'O' instantly then give me a goofy grin. I roll my eyes then fold my arm over my chest, staring deep into her eyes.

"Explain.now." I emphasize​ the word one by one under my grit teeth. My face slowly turn into calm.

"Kyungmi, I really want to go with you and I mean it. You still didn't give me the answer and I was starting to afraid that you would change your mind again" She bluntly says, her face has slowly become gloomy​. Secretly, I soften hearing her word but still I maintain my tense face.

"Youngmi, you have to understand me. I can't" I murmurs, slowly unfolds my hand and let them fall to both of my sides.

"Why?" She raises up her head "Why you can't?"

I avoid her eyes right away because I know she is sincere​ when it comes to me. " I have my own reason" I mutter with low voice.

Yes, I honestly have the reason. first, I can't go because of the money and second because of the person named Jung Daehyun. Upon finding out he would join the trip a week ago. Immediately, making me lose any mood to join in.

I have a picture If I go there, I might get hurt again. So the best way is stay away from him as far as I can.

"But I already pay for you" Youngmi's voice snap my thought. My jaw drop when she said that.

"What? No, you're too much. why must you do that! I don't need your money" My voice vibrate a bit. she makes me sounding like a pathetic​ one. Now I really look like a poor girl in front of her. I notice, Youngmi a bit startled at my harsh word. seeing her expression make me let out a small sigh.

"Look, youngmi, You really don't need to do that" I softly mumble to her. "Let's go meet the supervisor​ and get your money back" I grab her hand.

After we take a few step, suddenly Youngmi pulls her hand back to her. I turn around and facing her. Her face looks serious for the first time and before I could say anything else, she grip both of my shoulders. I'm a bit stunned when my eyes meet with her eyes, it's look hurt and slightly sad at the same time.

"Yo-Youngmi-"

"What is best friend for?" She suddenly asks, "I want to listen from your mouth, kyungmi. what is actually best friend for?" her eyes slightly narrow and stare deep in my eyes,

I could feel her feeling when she squeezes a bit against my shoulders. " I-I don't know, I never have best friend before" I hardly swallow down my saliva. I found myself already shiver under her hold.

"trust​" she exclaims "You seems so hard to believe me even we're close enough and worthy​ to call best friends already. No, you never assumed me as your friend." She slowly releases My shoulders.

"Do you want to know something, So-called best friends are never hesitating in their friendship, but you do. When I mean kind to help you and there you are already hesitating to accept it, you seem didn't believe with my sincerity​." Her tear slowly flows down her cheek, I bite my bottom lip.

"I want to know, who I am to you?" She suddenly asks, wiping her tear away with her own finger. I press my lip together, don't have an answer for her question.

"Sometime, I got jealous of my brother. He has Daehyun Oppa as his friend. I can tell their friendship is worth and they seem to believe in each other. How I wish I could have a real friend and being like them." She says while expresses with her heart. Silently, I become soften. For a moment, I step forward then give her a warm hug.

"I'm sorry, Youngmi. You're truly my friend but I still can't get used it what is actually friend for. Maybe, that's why I never close with anyone." I admit to her, earning her embrace back when her hand encircle around my body. For a moment, I break our hug before start to speak again.

"How about you teach me how to be a good friend? I'll appreciate it" I playfully say, trying to lift up our mood which is lingering with gloomy. her eye seems a bit dry as she lets out a friendly chuckle.

"Bwoya?!" She pushes my shoulders playfully, play along. I giggle.

"But, I really don't want to go to those trip" I honestly say to her, slightly pouts.

"why? is it because of Daehyun Oppa?" She carefully asks, afraid I would burst into anger. However before I could able answer it, a husky voice suddenly interrupt us,

"Done!"

I slowly peek through Youngmi's body to look at the person behind her. My jaw drops immediately at the sight of Myungsoo who just finished writing his beautiful name in the paper on the board. How did I know? - well, he is now showing the pen in his hand while staring down at me.

"I hesitated at first to go or not but seen your name in these papers, I got excited all of sudden" He flashes me his killer smile, slightly tilts his head. I almost faint in my spot, of course is not because of his killer smile but at the fact he will go to the trip too. It's going to be chaos. 

The second thing, I already have both of my hand on my hair, frustration. 

Now I really want to get my name off from the damn paper !!!